Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
A Meaningless Sunday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I just read this and came here to post about it, but you got here first, so I'll just emphasize that it really is worth the read.

The art-style reminds me so much of older shoujo works, and the story gives it an almost surreal feel.

In short: It's good.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Akiyama Haru does good stuff

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if you haven't read octave, it's owrth reading

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
vampire and maid yuri

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

That was a risky maneuver but the maid saw her in and took it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Final Horimiya chapter*

*sans any extra ones that will likely come out with the volume release

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Mangadex being dead has severely curtailed my intake of terrible korean romance.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

ZeusCannon posted:

Mangadex being dead has severely curtailed my intake of terrible korean romance.

Amen

also its follows list really helped me keep up with the 23 different villainess webtoons to read

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

lol I'm going to forget almost every manga I read gently caress

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
so sad this happen right when i decided to reread touhou forbidden scrollery for the 5th or 6th time

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
My not signing up for anything unless I absolutely have to saves me from data breach once again. Seriously, I just have a bookmarks file, who signs up for an account when pirating things?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
mangadex gives you much lower image quality when navigating as a guest

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

The Colonel posted:

mangadex gives you much lower image quality when navigating as a guest

Do they? I thought a previous announcement stated that they made the HQ images a default option now even if you were browsing as a guest. Plus you could toggle the compressed images setting off in the options even when not logged in.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

SwissArmyDruid posted:

My not signing up for anything unless I absolutely have to saves me from data breach once again. Seriously, I just have a bookmarks file, who signs up for an account when pirating things?

Who cares if your email shows up on some list of compromised accounts, unless you signed up with real.name@nsa.gov

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Brought To You By posted:

Do they? I thought a previous announcement stated that they made the HQ images a default option now even if you were browsing as a guest. Plus you could toggle the compressed images setting off in the options even when not logged in.

maybe they did that recently, browsing the site a while back it definitely applied it to guests and it pushed me cause reading manga in that image quality was painful

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

HenryEx posted:

also its follows list really helped me keep up with the 23 different villainess webtoons to read

Rody One Half posted:

lol I'm going to forget almost every manga I read gently caress

Once again I am vindicated in my approach of just keeping a text file full of URLs I want to read when finished, and then binging them when they're done

The Colonel posted:

maybe they did that recently, browsing the site a while back it definitely applied it to guests and it pushed me cause reading manga in that image quality was painful

Huh, I had not realized that there were higher-quality options available when logged in, I never bothered registering.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

HenryEx posted:

Amen

And "Beware of the Villainess!" had just started updating again too...

I wish MangaDex had an export function so I could import everything into MangaUpdates. I would have done that a while ago just-in-case, but I didn't wanna manually add things by name.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
I do all of my reading in TachiyomiJ2K on Android. It has a source migration feature so when one website craters, you can just swap your series over to a different one, keeping your reading progress intact.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

ZeusCannon posted:

same but bigger air quotes for romance

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Nalin posted:

I wish MangaDex had an export function so I could import everything into MangaUpdates. I would have done that a while ago just-in-case, but I didn't wanna manually add things by name.
It's generally a pretty good indicator not to rely on a service when they offer no way to export the data they have.

Although I wonder what they would do with a GDPR request..

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

There are some extremely powerful characters being introduced very early on - and if page #3 is anything to go by, there's a lot of them.
I think I'm gonna like this a lot.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Mar 23, 2021

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
In a Home Where Lilies Bloom

Girl gets love advice from her two moms.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

That author also had a doujin series that was really nice https://dynasty-scans.com/series/song_about_a_piece_of_junk

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Schubalts posted:

Very powerful moms, ITM.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Schubalts posted:

This is really, really cute. Good moms, good daughter

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/at_that_place_where_you_can_see_the_ocean

epic ending

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

HenryEx posted:

Amen

I feel this in my bones. I've had to start dipping into the MangaFox extension on tachiyomi. I look forward to MangaDex coming back.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Nettaigyo ended.

Now that it's complete, I feel pretty comfortable saying that it always felt a little unsure of what to do with itself after the big narrative climax in volume 7 in a way that wound up robbing the ending of a little catharsis. Nothing disastrous, certainly nothing to take away from all the warm feelings it gave me over a few tough years, but still a little bit of a shame to think that it didn't quite end on its best foot. Still a great manga though, gonna miss it a lot - certainly moreso than I'll miss the comment sections arguing about whether it "counts" or not, lol. Will definitely be on board for whatever Hagino does next.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Spiritus Nox posted:

Nettaigyo ended.

Now that it's complete, I feel pretty comfortable saying that it always felt a little unsure of what to do with itself after the big narrative climax in volume 7 in a way that wound up robbing the ending of a little catharsis. Nothing disastrous, certainly nothing to take away from all the warm feelings it gave me over a few tough years, but still a little bit of a shame to think that it didn't quite end on its best foot. Still a great manga though, gonna miss it a lot - certainly moreso than I'll miss the comment sections arguing about whether it "counts" or not, lol. Will definitely be on board for whatever Hagino does next.

I still have no idea whether I liked this or not.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
it was good i guess. i wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it to anyone and it overall did nothing for me.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

StandardVC10 posted:

I still have no idea whether I liked this or not.

I'm in the same boat. I liked the first half a lot better than the second half I think. At the very least I loved the art.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I, for one, I really liked it. It helps if you don't consider this about the two girls' relationship, but rather the two girls overcoming their social anxiety through their relationship.

Basically the growth of their relationship took a back-burner to their growth as people, and that's perfectly fine.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hagino's mentioned before that she took some influence from A Silent Voice in her work, and especially late in the manga I felt some real similarities between Konatsu/Koyuki's dynamic and a (less dire, obviously) version of Shouko and Shouya's, and I'm certainly not going to complain about that.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Mikl posted:

I, for one, I really liked it. It helps if you don't consider this about the two girls' relationship, but rather the two girls overcoming their social anxiety through their relationship.

Basically the growth of their relationship took a back-burner to their growth as people, and that's perfectly fine.

I think most of us get that its just kinda honestly boring and while the art is pretty there is only so many times you can say the same basic thing with the salamander metaphor.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Yeah the art was gorgeous but the story felt like it meandered a lot in the middle.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think I watched A silent voice by accident once and it was good and very very depressing at the same time.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
now watch liz and the blue bird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I doubt I'd survive that judging from the context of this conversation