Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The most annoying attacks in SOR4 (divekick ladies, ninjas, fat dudes) are all on a linear path. Jumping generally doesn't work unless you air special through them. Moving a little bit up or down is usually enough for them to whiff, otherwise your defensive specials provide a ton of i-frames. Reluctance to use specials is the #1 Noob Killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

MechaSeinfeld posted:

it’s like drinking estus

hope you feel better soon!

Thank you :) I am sure I will!

Still thinkin bout thos souls.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I'm done with Hard and I'm still special-resistent. I love how it works, but it scares me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I use the specials pretty frequently but maybe not enough. It's just the feeling of wading through molasses that finally got to me. Cherry seems like the only one with a move speed that doesn't drive me nuts but it's super easy to go off the rails with her.

I was starting to wonder if I was just over retro brawlers all together, but I was messing around on some others afterwards and they are just so much more mobile than SOR4. It's fine it's just not my thing I guess. I like to be able to move faster than a snail in games.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Goddam I just can't beat this Abhorrent Beast and it is driving me crazy, besides buying 100 poison knives and waiting it out this boss has given me the most trouble of anything Bloodborne has thrown at me.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Bust Rodd posted:

https://twitter.com/ign/status/1373832051451965442?s=21

FF7intergrade Reborn is it for Episode 1, no DLC, working on Episode 2 has... begun to ramp up?

worldmap taking advantage of the ps5 ssd with no compromises :eyepop:

think this one will go to the northern crater at that moment for the cliffhanger? and then finish it off with a part 3? then part 4 will be advent children and part 5 will be red xiii racing based on diddy kong racing for the n64, where red xiii and other characters race around the forests of midgar? makes sense even if it is the new KH.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Mar 22, 2021

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Vikar Jerome posted:

worldmap taking advantage of the ps5 ssd with no compromises :eyepop:

think this one will go to the northern crater at that moment for the cliffhanger? and then finish it off with a part 3? then part 4 will be advent children and part 5 will be red xiii racing based on diddy kong racing for the n64, where red xiii and other characters race around the forests of midgar? makes sense even if it is the new KH.

My thinking would be to take it as far as Rocket Town for Part 2, as it's the next place the map scales up from the continent to the entire planet. Assuming they actually even have a world map, of course.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

GoutPatrol posted:

Goddam I just can't beat this Abhorrent Beast and it is driving me crazy, besides buying 100 poison knives and waiting it out this boss has given me the most trouble of anything Bloodborne has thrown at me.

lmao here’s one of my absolute favorite gaming moments of my life. Took this dweeb out on my first try but if you pay attention you can probably see the two moments I have a heart attack lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLW6F-LDfkc

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

I got stuck on Abhorrent Beast as well was about to ask if it really is even parriable because you seemed pretty focused on just not dying. Then I saw this part of the video where everything changed and suddenly I'm feeling pretty bold again.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Redezga posted:

I got stuck on Abhorrent Beast as well was about to ask if it really is even parriable because you seemed pretty focused on just not dying. Then I saw this part of the video where everything changed and suddenly I'm feeling pretty bold again.

Yeah I’m honestly surprised I remembered to hit record, lol, I was legit shaking at the end. I go down to like <5 health at one point with Chikage equipped (a sword that constantly deals u damage) and the poison knives don’t seem like they’re doing anything but the truth is I wouldn’t have done it without their chip damage.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
lol digital sure is the future!

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1373993859990974467

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:negative:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That sucks.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

its a rumour at the min but... still... :negative:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
:rip:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
They have to push people into buying the ps5 somehow
When they’re actually available

At some point

Maybe.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
What is ps5 and how do I get it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

WaltherFeng posted:

What is ps5 and how do I get it

PS5 is a contagious disease caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). The first case was identified in Wuhan, China, in December 2019.[7] The disease has since spread worldwide, leading to an ongoing pandemic.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

7R2 is going to end at Nibelheim just like it will start at Nibelheim with the tutorial.

It's like poetry, it rhymes

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

gotta buy all the DLC for the lovely PS3 FPS games I've been playing now that it's about to disappear forever.

wild

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Are you still going to be able to download your purchased games?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Volte posted:

If not, better stock up on those proprietary memory cards!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Volte posted:

you can on the wii still so i dont see why not. again JUST A RUMOUR nothing official yet

thinking of buying a bunch of region ps1/2 games and getting all the dlcs for poo poo i want. gonna need to think on it.

uhh... how hackable is a ps3 slim anyway these days... asking for a friend...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Does anyone know if there's a way to format a USB stick to play video files directly from the PS4 itself? I have one formatted as FAT32 but I want to use eXFAT for bigget file sizes. If I try to format the stick from my Mac on Disk Utility, it won't read. Or if anyone knows the settings for Disk Utility on Mac, ty in advance.

Vikar Jerome posted:

uhh... how hackable is a ps3 slim anyway these days... asking for a friend...

Depends on the FW but I think it's fairly doable. I'm afraid to CFW mine cos it's still linked to my PSN.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
PS4 OS can only read FAT32; exFAT and NTFS won't work, as I recall. It does just fine streaming them from a local NAS though from Media whatwhoosywhatsis

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Does anyone know if there's a way to format a USB stick to play video files directly from the PS4 itself? I have one formatted as FAT32 but I want to use eXFAT for bigget file sizes. If I try to format the stick from my Mac on Disk Utility, it won't read. Or if anyone knows the settings for Disk Utility on Mac, ty in advance.
You sure your stick isn't broken? Flash storage can break on a per-sector basis in a way that hard drives don't. It's not usual for cheap old USB sticks to reject reformatting because something just doesn't work correctly anymore. Try it with a different one, because that shouldn't be causing you any issues otherwise.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cardiovorax posted:

You sure your stick isn't broken? Flash storage can break on a per-sector basis in a way that hard drives don't. It's not usual for cheap old USB sticks to reject reformatting because something just doesn't work correctly anymore. Try it with a different one, because that shouldn't be causing you any issues otherwise.

poo poo sorry, I meant to say if I reformat it as eXFAT on my mac, the PS4 won't read it. It'll read fine in any of my computers so I think I'm just formatting it incorrectly.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Casnorf posted:

PS4 OS can only read FAT32; exFAT and NTFS won't work, as I recall. It does just fine streaming them from a local NAS though from Media whatwhoosywhatsis

It's just NTFS as that's a proprietary MS file system, exFAT works fine and is necessary sine FAT32 officially can't be used on anything over uh 30GB? Something like that, you can use it for larger sizes but you need an unofficial formatting tool.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

FAT32 files can't go over 4GB lol

I have Plex and all that set up but sometimes it's handier just to throw a file on the stick and play it from that if I'm not arsed putting it on my server.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

poo poo sorry, I meant to say if I reformat it as eXFAT on my mac, the PS4 won't read it. It'll read fine in any of my computers so I think I'm just formatting it incorrectly.
If it formats and reads fine, there might still be some sort of incompatibility between your PS4 and the stick, because that should work just fine. exFAT is something the PS4 can read natively, so if the stick works correctly, it shouldn't be having any problems doing so. I'd really recommend trying another one.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Big snek!!!!!

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
I mostly just use the built in media player to grab directly off my local NAS. Four terabytes of fish po---uh, I mean...uh. Movies. Of various types.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Remnant down. It stayed "pretty fun" all the way up to the end. Although from the perspective of "is this a good RPG" it's not really a point in its favor that when I killed the end boss I was still using the first armor set and first gun I got with my new character (heavily upgraded)

The mechanic of the end boss is also pretty much entirely opaque and you're probably not going to figure it out without a guide

vvvvvvvv lol I was this close to doing that, if I had run out of ammo boxes or bloodwort I would have put the game down rather than go grind more

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Mar 22, 2021

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol I got to the end boss, did the first phase fine, got to the second one and it instantly killed me so I never touched it again.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

hahahaha DIGITAL FOREVEAAAAA

https://twitter.com/DoesItPlay1/status/1374034203826909196

https://twitter.com/DoesItPlay1/status/1374038017254563846

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Vikar Jerome posted:

hahahaha DIGITAL FOREVEAAAAA

From the next post in the thread:

https://twitter.com/doesitplay1/status/1374038103304855562?s=21

The account holder also suspects the PlayStation 5 works the same way with regards to discs. This is going to be an ongoing worry as Sony shuts services down for legacy devices.

Hopefully Sony keeps those sync servers up indefinitely.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Couldn’t you just replace the CMOS battery? I don’t know any of this stuff. Online checks for games suck rear end. Always have, always will. My PS2 and Xbox don’t need any of that poo poo

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

fridge corn posted:

Big snek!!!!!

my what big eyes you have

I remember somewhere around the time Heavy Rain came out that Sony had a 'clock error' that prevented even offline games from being played. That event and the PSN hack were the driving force for me staying physical, folks.

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/118386/Sony_PS3_Errors_Due_To_Clock_Bug.php

quote:

As reported this morning, earlier PlayStation 3 models such as the "fat" 60 and 80 GB consoles are unable to connect to the PlayStation Network, and many cannot play even offline games that require trophy functionality.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Couldn’t you just replace the CMOS battery?

For as long as the sync server is up, yes. If that server goes down, the ability for a PS4 to play any game lasts as long as that cmos battery's charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Geez, what a clusterfuck. All Sony needs to do to ensure goodwill (aside from NOT shuttering the loving stores) is to at least put out a release stating that the basic re-download/patch/verification servers will survive as long as they're in the gaming industry.