Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Buxotn says that Saturdays are very important because of qualifying.

The he goes on to define qualifying and I couldn't believe he's considered a journalist.

lol more like won't buxtin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Bloody Pom posted:

gently caress, the Bahrain GP is at 4AM Monday my time. Looks like it'll have to be an early night so I can watch it before work.

Yeah, back when it was a day race Bahrain was at a good time, now it's at dumb poo poo o'clock, like the Yas Marina race

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Am on ep 5 of DTS. I think it's weird how they handled the whole seat-shuffle. I haven't seen Sainz a single time up to now (i think he's in the next ep), even though him moving to Ferrari is what started the musical chairs of driver seats.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
A challenge for the truly obsessed/demented would be to re-edit DTS into chronological order. P sure you'd end up with a soap opera.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dictator. posted:

Am on ep 5 of DTS. I think it's weird how they handled the whole seat-shuffle. I haven't seen Sainz a single time up to now (i think he's in the next ep), even though him moving to Ferrari is what started the musical chairs of driver seats.

Eh, when you think of it in terms of whether a driver is moving to a better team, it's obvious why they focused on Vettel early and Checo late, because Sainz went to a worse team and Ricciardo went from midfield team to midfield team. Had Ricciardo or Sainz been going to Racing Point or RBR they'd probably have went about the whole season differently.

but :lol: at williams not even getting an episode, none of the backup drivers getting mentioned, none of the drivers who caught covid even being interviewed about it, etc

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

I'm pretty certain that either mercedes vetoed an episode that sould've been about Russel's Sakhir performance and the fake puncture, or that Toto stopped George from talking about it, therefore no Williams ep

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
We know they were in the merc garage that weekend because thread was gleefully netflix spotting

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

waiting til 3 minutes are left in the whole thing to address 2nd Racism and doing so by playing a brief clip of the Flloyd murder is sure one way to go about it. Shame I cannot understand the gravity of the situation because Will Buxton wasn't there to tell me that one of the major problems with racism is that it is bad.

Other thoughts
- Like in previous years, I found the Haas stuff to be the most engaging. The fact that they were so forthright in saying they selected their drivers for branding/sponsorship was refreshing.
- They didn't seem to get that Lando was loving with them a bit with regards to the Sainz rivarly.
- Showing Ferrari eat it at Monza about 7 times wasn't really needed but good fun.
- Horner remains the biggest fame whore around but the show is entirely better for it.
- Gasly stuff was very good
- Not having anything about Hulkenburg or Russle and the drama of being on standby was surprisng. That said, I don't really care that they left out "Mr. Saturday"

BWV fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Mar 22, 2021

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Still, at least F1 successfully ended racism at the end of 2020 and now there's no need for the sport to mention it any more! :v:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

BWV posted:

- Like in previous years, I found the Haas stuff to be the most engaging. The fact that they were so forthright in saying they selected their drivers for branding/sponsorship was refreshing.

guenther "i dont need a fäcking ümbrella" steiner

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Using Mullvad VPN to drop my traffic out in the USA and then signing up to F1 TV Pro on an iPhone (to use Apple Pay and abstract the billing details away) seems to be working. I'll update if I'm able to watch the live sessions with this method.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
i wonder how gunther would do on a non lovely team

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Zeta Acosta posted:

gently caress that, someone convince Ferrari he's the Italian genius they're missing

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

If their goal was to make me a Gasman fanboy, they succeeded.

Also Lando is adorable and I want him to win a lot.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

LeeMajors posted:

If their goal was to make me a Gasman fanboy, they succeeded.

Also Lando is adorable and I want him to win a lot.

McLaren are going to own this year, OP

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Zeta Acosta posted:

True story: Gunther got shitcanned for Horner when Jaguar got bought out. He found out he was fired when he walked into what he thought was his office and found Horner in there and all his stuff in a box.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This photo explains so much

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Horner is so amazingly jealous of Mercedes' success. It's like Gollum and the ring.

When the season drops you know Horner is sat there with a stopwatch figuring if he got more screen time than Toto just to have something.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I hope Perez is ready to have his dreams crushed

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
wow in the sainz leaving mclaren episode, those several minutes of seeing if sainz could get to p1 at monza were insanely thrilling after they did a whole episode about pierre gasly winning the same race. i guess 10 whole episodes are a lot though, it's reasonable to expect people would forget something like that. if only will buxton could explain to me why qualifying is important again.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Maybe Netflix will put more crews in with teams this season

Or a crew with every team all season :q:

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

FAUXTON posted:

2023: F1 team personnel are outnumbered by Netflix crews following every single person in the paddock.

gently caress it, Netflix should just run their own team.

Or teams.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

I'm sure they would already do that if allowed.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

One of my friends also said DTS suggests Haas signed Mick because they were trying to court a German sponsor. Really? The gently caress is wrong with this show

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

your friend wicka posted:

One of my friends also said DTS suggests Haas signed Mick because they were trying to court a German sponsor. Really? The gently caress is wrong with this show

Well it does have a bit where they are courting a German sponsor and they say 'we want you to sign a German driver'

Its not like that's their own interpretation of it, its literally what happened

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

drat, if only there was another extremely well-documented reason why Haas might have signed that driver, a reason that doesn't require taking the word of a notoriously overdramatized TV show...

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

It doesn't suggest thats the only reason they signed him, but if it hadn't have been Mick it would most likely have been another German driver

You could just watch it and judge for yourself I guess?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

It's literally an interview with 1&1, the German telecoms company who signed onto Haas with Mick as an ambassador.
So yes that's literally what happened Wicka.

n.b. "The show" doesn't say anything about it at all. The cameras are in the room for one of the meetings, and then later signing Mick is treated as a fortunate series of events that solve two issues at once, by Guenther actually saying as much.
Making incorrect assumptions about a show you seemingly haven't watched and getting mad at them seems a weird thing to keep doing.

Khablam fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 22, 2021

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Payndz posted:

2023: F1 team personnel are outnumbered by Netflix crews following every single person in the paddock.

gently caress it, Netflix should just run their own team.

Or teams.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It's pretty common for sponsorship to be contingent on driver lineup - see Telcel/Claro following Perez around.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Haas literally signed Mick because of Ferrari lmao, everyone knows this, why would you let this made up show change your mind?

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
mick should have stayed in f2 the dude is not good enough yet and it puts on unnecesary pressure for Carlos who is on a one year deal. If they wanted the Ferrari money they should have put Schwartzman on that car and hell maybe he would have also put russian sponsors on the team

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Haas is going to kill Mick's F1 career

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

your friend wicka posted:

Haas literally signed Mick because of Ferrari lmao, everyone knows this, why would you let this made up show change your mind?

quote:

"The show" doesn't say anything about it at all. The cameras are in the room for one of the meetings, and then later signing Mick is treated as a fortunate series of events that solve two issues at once, by Guenther actually saying as much.
IDK can we talk about things that happened in the show? Or is this discussion about what you invented in your head to get mad about?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Khablam posted:

IDK can we talk about things that happened in the show? Or is this discussion about what you invented in your head to get mad about?

Oh boy Khablam is on his ladder again

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I would sign wicka to my f1 team because he’s a good lad who means well

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Mick at Haas is the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact of Formula One which will obviously lead to great things for Europe

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Thanks Ants posted:

Nah everyone’s going to do what they do with Russell and go “whelll, it’s a haas.”

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

I would sign wicka to my f1 team because he’s a good lad who means well

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this is just more crap Netflix made up. I'm actually a rude dude with a bad 'tude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Thanks Ants posted:

Yeah this is definitely true, not feeling good about his prospects.