Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Sorry, but Steppenwolf's knife suit rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It looks like poo poo especially in motion.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

My favourite part was the cut from Steppenwolf to a multi blade razor. Incredible

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
To me this tweet is an absolute headshot

https://twitter.com/jessehawken/status/1372599586657865730?s=20

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I mean, its a visual loving medium, and the first couple minutes are an absolutely visually incomprehensible slow motion shot with screaming and slow motion reaction shots. Its just computer generated, overly busy nonsense that not only doesn't convey meaning, but inhibits it. You have to have understanding outside the text to have any idea what the gently caress is going on

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Actually it's good, no you see, etc etc

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

terrorist ambulance posted:

Actually it's good

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Sweating beads thinking about sicilians

Tangy Zizzle
Aug 22, 2007
- brad
A similar equivalent would be pulling out a quote from Anna Karenina and then beside it a quote from comic book mutant 'wolverine' saying "this ain't it bub" or whatever

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The tweet he's mocking is hilarious as were the account's retweets.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I'll accept this as a taste thing but the fact that that's not a helmet but rather a weird knife skinsuit and his head looks like that sucks poo poo

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/Squatchdrew/status/1372610923232260097?s=20

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
knife armor: dumb but in a comic book way, acceptable

knife skin suit: the gently caress is wrong with you

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

terrorist ambulance posted:

I mean, its a visual loving medium, and the first couple minutes are an absolutely visually incomprehensible slow motion shot with screaming and slow motion reaction shots. Its just computer generated, overly busy nonsense that not only doesn't convey meaning, but inhibits it. You have to have understanding outside the text to have any idea what the gently caress is going on

I hate having to defend a superhero movie but it's a direct sequel to a different movie, the context would be seeing that movie

That doesn't make it less incomprehensible aesthetically and it's a sequel to a shockingly bad movie but still

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Tangy Zizzle posted:

A similar equivalent would be pulling out a quote from Anna Karenina and then beside it a quote from comic book mutant 'wolverine' saying "this ain't it bub" or whatever

No you’d have to start with a good book like Infinite Jest

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Well, maybe the movie is totally worthless, or maybe it’s just mostly worthless, but the important thing is that everyone is making GBS threads on Joss Whedon.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Clip-On Fedora posted:

It's better than Whedon's design, but the Kirby design still wins imho.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Groovelord Neato posted:

The tweet he's mocking is hilarious as were the account's retweets.

What's the original tweet?

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

I'll accept this as a taste thing but the fact that that's not a helmet but rather a weird knife skinsuit and his head looks like that sucks poo poo

Fair enough. I realize its not a popular opinion.

MonsieurChoc posted:

It's better than Whedon's design, but the Kirby design still wins imho.

Honestly, the thing that baffles me is why they went with Steppenwolf in the first place. Its such a bizarre choice. He's the loser who ruled Apokolips before Allfather ganked him. Then Darkseid took over. That's it. He's a loving footnote in more important characters' backstories. He doesn't even have any cool powers.

If you wanted to choose an emissary that represents the looming threat of Apokolips, why not use someone like Glorious Godfrey? Kalaban? Kanto like in Superman the Animated Series? Granny Goodness? Hell, Virman Vundabar would be a better choice.

Choosing Steppenwolf feels like some weird mandate by Geoff Johns or something.

Clip-On Fedora fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Mar 22, 2021

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Shipon posted:

what are they gonna do, force us to have sex?

All hail the Dear Penthouse, regime

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i watched half the snyder cut after an afternoon of drinking and it seemed better than the theatrical cut. still not great though

also batman is such a scrub, not sure if he was like that before and I just noticed it this time.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Seams posted:

It was a pair of pictures that looked similar.

A still from Stalker (Tartakovsky) - a woman with her hair in a bun, looking to her left, facing away from the camera
&
A still from Snyder Cut (Snyder) - a woman with her hair in a bun, looking to her left, facing away from the camera

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Fair enough. I realize its not a popular opinion.

Honestly, the thing that baffles me is why they went with Steppenwolf in the first place. Its such a bizarre choice. He's the loser who ruled Apokolips before Allfather ganked him. Then Darkseid took over. That's it. He's a loving footnote in more important characters' backstories. He doesn't even have any cool powers.

If you wanted to choose an emissary that represents the looming threat of Apokolips, why not use someone like Glorious Godfrey? Kalaban? Kanto like in Superman the Animated Series? Granny Goodness? Hell, Virman Vundabar would be a better choice.

Choosing Steppenwolf feels like some weird mandate by Geoff Johns or something.

It’s because they can’t just give us “Justice League vs Darkseid”, they are mandated to set up an extended cinematic serialized universe so that we can set up Darkseid and chain together another 6-8 hours of movies so that in 2-3 years we get this giant “culmination” event. It’s just transparently mirroring the Avengers as best it can.

Steppenwolf is such a non-character Snyder can project a more pure “Ultra Doomsday REMIX” style on to them.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Seams posted:

The dude deleted it (Twitter shouldn't let you do this) but Chakan described it well.

Here's the account: https://twitter.com/moviekessler/

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

General Dog posted:

Well, maybe the movie is totally worthless, or maybe it’s just mostly worthless, but the important thing is that everyone is making GBS threads on Joss Whedon.

https://twitter.com/ben_rosen/status/1373388995674001411

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok Whedon sucks but that’s funny

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

That's not actually in the movie, though it would be a good bit

THS
Sep 15, 2017

bust rodd

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

time for my stories hasn’t been great so far.
having to cover an entire tv series every episode doesn’t do them any favors so they’re stuck in a zone where they can’t do any meaningful discourse and they can’t do humor

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

This is a better joke than any joke in that movie.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

shrike82 posted:

time for my stories hasn’t been great so far.
having to cover an entire tv series every episode doesn’t do them any favors so they’re stuck in a zone where they can’t do any meaningful discourse and they can’t do humor

Veryyyyyyy hit or miss. I thought the Shield episode was OK. Maybe they'll work out the kinks as they go.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Why do they keep bringing up Dallas? Did they record an episode on Dallas before some of the others but not release it yet?

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
I don’t know the context for why they bring it up but Dallas is a pretty seminal tv show.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

General Dog posted:

Why do they keep bringing up Dallas? Did they record an episode on Dallas before some of the others but not release it yet?

they are definitely releasing them out of order for some reason, I think the Gunsmoke episode was supposed to be first

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Dallas is a good show

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm sure they'll do Dallas at some point based on how much it's come up.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
edit: nm

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Danger posted:

I don’t know the context for why they bring it up but Dallas is a pretty seminal tv show.

It is, but they've casually brought it up in multiple contexts in multiple episodes, and I have a hard time believing it's a Sopranos-level touchstone for either of them.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1374082660461645830?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1374087814418198536