Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Mermen/Creatures are criminally overlooked. The Creature from the Black Lagoon had great design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Post Ironic Cereal posted:

Zombies can be okay. Vampires are always, always boring as gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUfel9sU-KI

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It should be 100% illegal to ever talk about whatever "Internet of things" things you personally have or use. If you're going to say something positive it shouldn't be allowed because it might trick other incredibly stupid people into thinking IoT can be useful. If you're going to complain about something it shouldn't be allowed because it's literally your own fault.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

"why yes i would like to use a spyware-riddled app developed by techbros whose entire business model is tracking my every movement and selling the data to a giant evil megacorp just because i'm too lazy to get half way out of my chair to reach the light switch."

- every single IoT user

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

OK, what's your third choice for breakfast? Because the waffle maker still can't see the wifi and now the toaster is going to be downloading an update for the next 45 minutes.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Gripweed posted:

OK, what's your third choice for breakfast? Because the waffle maker still can't see the wifi and now the toaster is going to be downloading an update for the next 45 minutes.

You also need to make it in the dark because the Smart lightbulbs are doing a DoS attack against the vacuum cleaner and/or the washing machine which are trying to mine bitcoin for someone in Russia.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Also you need to change your entire IoT infrastructure every 9 months because the manufacturer went bust and the app only worked on last-gen phones.

...and by "manufacturer" I mean four MBAs who were less interested in making a working product and more interested in cosplaying as businessmen by calling themselves CEO/CTO/CFO/CIO.

Sweevo has a new favorite as of 23:30 on Mar 21, 2021

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Post Ironic Cereal posted:

Zombies can be okay. Vampires are always, always boring as gently caress.

So you're one of the motherfuckers always trying to iceskate uphill.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

It should be 100% illegal to ever talk about whatever "Internet of things" things you personally have or use. If you're going to say something positive it shouldn't be allowed because it might trick other incredibly stupid people into thinking IoT can be useful. If you're going to complain about something it shouldn't be allowed because it's literally your own fault.
I love when people complain about their gadgets like this because I get to feel superior to people objectively smarter than me. I don't have them because I get confused setting up a chromebook, let alone something that requires know what blueberry pie is or whatever. But I've never lost an appliance to a surprise upgrade bricking it and I think that means I win.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Wouldn't it be really inconvenient being a vampire and only being able to do stuff when it's night time? I mean, that's a lot of hours you're losing. I don't know how vampires from the Twilight series work, I think they just sparkle in the daylight, I'm talking about most vampire lore from before then, where vampires often went into a kind of torpor during the day. That would really suck. Old school Bram Stoker Dracula was cool though, I think he was just slightly less powerful during the day, that would be fine.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I mean, it's not supposed to be a good thing.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Daylight savings time is a needless concession to the increasingly small and privileged 9-5 crowd and ruins things for everyone else

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

starkebn posted:

Wouldn't it be really inconvenient being a vampire and only being able to do stuff when it's night time?
That's the point. Otherwise vampires would be unstoppable beings that ruled the planet. It's like Green Lantern being vulnerable to the colour yellow, you've got to give them a really glaring weakness to offset the ridiculous power.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Just get turned by blade so you can go out whenever you want and evade your taxes.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I'd just use my fabulous vampire wealth to buy a jet and always stay ahead of the sun.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Daylight savings is the best poo poo ever when I get a free extra hour of sleep, and terrible when they steal that hour back

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Sunswipe posted:

That's the point. Otherwise vampires would be unstoppable beings that ruled the planet. It's like Green Lantern being vulnerable to the colour yellow, you've got to give them a really glaring weakness to offset the ridiculous power.

yeah, it's just that I come from the era of Vampire: The Masquerade and Anne Rice novels where they were supposed to be super sexy and secretly control everything, so they were mostly able to win.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

christmas boots posted:

Oh man have I got some bad news for you about the food chain

this is just edgelord poo poo come on

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

Daylight savings is the best poo poo ever when I get a free extra hour of sleep, and terrible when they steal that hour back

No, daylight savings is the best when it means that it's no longer dark at 3PM, just keep it there, SAD is fuckin with me half the year I don't wanna "fall back"

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

i think the "north european" style of posting is funny just because of how much it pisses a certain kind of american poster off

not as good as the subcontinental style of posting though where everything starts with "sir," and ends with "thank you" and other people are called "my friends" etc

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Shibawanko posted:

i think the "north european" style of posting is funny just because of how much it pisses a certain kind of american poster off

not as good as the subcontinental style of posting though where everything starts with "sir," and ends with "thank you" and other people are called "my friends" etc

Hmm please tell us more about your thoughts on the subcontinental people, guy with praising hitler on your rap sheet

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Manager Hoyden posted:

Hmm please tell us more about your thoughts on the subcontinental people, guy with praising hitler on your rap sheet

lol this is exactly the guy

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

when you cant think of an own, just make some poo poo up out of whole cloth

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

womb with a view posted:

No, daylight savings is the best when it means that it's no longer dark at 3PM, just keep it there, SAD is fuckin with me half the year I don't wanna "fall back"

yeah it's so much better when it's barely dusk at 10pm

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Unironically, yes

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

womb with a view posted:

Unironically, yes

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Shibawanko posted:

when you cant think of an own, just make some poo poo up out of whole cloth

But it is on your rap sheet, anyone can see it?

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Shibawanko posted:

Ah yeah, the ol' "I'm not actually a piece of poo poo, I'm just pretending to be to make people mad!" defense.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Captain Monkey posted:

But it is on your rap sheet, anyone can see it?

yep. i got probed for saying a hitler scene in wolfenstein was a missed chance, since it wasn't a believable parody, and a more realistic (or alternatively: a more funny) version wouldve been more interesting to see. i also criticized the scene for not letting you kill hitler without getting punished by the game. somehow, according to gbs weirdo logic, this makes me a nazi. they also bought me a red text, ironically my last red text was for saying something communist

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Shibawanako is a strasserite confirmed

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Shibawanko posted:

What is the North European style of posting?

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

"yo it would be nice if you, you know, could actually kill hitler in this wolfenstein game"
gbs mod: "Duhhhhhhr you must be one 'a them nazi types i keep hearing about from guys with homestuck avatars"

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

silence_kit posted:

Posting with your feet (freshly filthy from your barefoot stroll) about loving Hitler and hating rock music.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Shibawanako is a strasserite confirmed

im a leftist im just not ostentatious about it

there were elections here a week ago, i voted for https://bij1.org/ . kind of a loving stretch to call me a nazi

people who defend the atomic bombings though

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

silence_kit posted:

kind of hard to explain but i know it when i see it. it's just how most scandinavians i know behave irl, like a bit naiive and provincial and not very invested in anything and just sort of loving around driveby posting. i like it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I say this every time it's easter season, but it's true; peeps are better than most grocery store check out aisle candy bars. They should be available all year around.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

You can find peeps year round just not the bigger yellow easter peeps. They make different holiday peeps and mini peeps now.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

PHUO: I find that most people don't have to explain why they're not actually a nazi

I mean not me or anyone I know so I guess I don't have much experience to base that on tho

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

silence_kit posted:

Europeans unlike Americans do not fetishise Japanese culture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

This has nothing to do with the current conversation, but I think it's really funny that being disappointed in Paris is an actual syndrome. I guess my unpopular opinion is that Paris, in general, doesn't seem like that pretty of a place. I think Bordeaux and Rouen look prettier.

To be honest, I've never been to any of them but that's my stance and I'm sticking to it. Maybe Paris is like the Grand Canyon where seeing pictures doesn't do it justice or something, but the fact that there's a syndrome pretty much telling me the opposite.....I don't know.