Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I have no idea who that is even after a google search

I spelled it wrong. It's Felicia Day, but the since you don't know who that is you have to turn over your internet card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I've been calling it Blunderfail.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I have not gotten outriders to work properly in co-op once so looking forward to playing my multiplayer looter shooter as a single player game.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Thom12255 posted:

I'm trying to use the Xbox Wireless Headset with my PC right now and the sound is great - AS LONG AS - I don't have the microphone in use with an application like Discord. Then I either get switched over to really bad quality audio or the audio cuts off all together. My PC detects two different audio devices with the headset - one is Xbox Wireless Audio Stereo (This sounds good) and the other is Xbox Wireless Headset Hands-free AG Audio (Which sounds bad and seems related to the microphone). Anyone had any problems like this? Honestly I don't think I was having this problem until the firmware updated today. Also yesterday I was able to control my PC audio with the earcups but now they are regarded as two seperate things, it appears to have completely hosed itself up.

Edit:

It seems this might just be a limitation of Bluetooth itself, I don't have any problems If I connect by usb-c, I think the Wireless Protocol that Xbox uses isn't affected by this so might have to buy a dongle for my PC.

My work laptop does this too on my Bose Bluetooth set. Amazing sound quality until I open anything that uses the microphone where it sounds like I played it through a bathroom 2 rooms away

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

enojy posted:

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but Undertale was stealth dropped on Game Pass, in between the huge dumps (of software!) from EA and Bethesda. Calling the rest of you few dozen people who've not yet played it, now it's free!

I will not play the game that birthed forth six billion cringes

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

My work laptop does this too on my Bose Bluetooth set. Amazing sound quality until I open anything that uses the microphone where it sounds like I played it through a bathroom 2 rooms away

I think bog-standard Bluetooth doesn't have enough bandwidth for high quality audio to and from a headset at the same time. Not sure if that is completely accurate or not.

These problems may be fixed by picking up an Xbox Wireless Adapter and connecting the headset to the PC that way. That uses the Xbox's WiFi Direct protocol rather than Bluetooth.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

American McGay posted:

I've been calling it Blunderfail.

Game companies should more thoroughly consider how their titles might be instantly flipped around into some low effort rivals-esque pun online. The Sinking City and We Happy Few should have never made it past the ideas phase.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Ok Comboomer posted:

I will not play the game that birthed forth six billion cringes

This is a stupid reason to not play a game.

You should not play it because it's boring.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

exquisite tea posted:

Game companies should more thoroughly consider how their titles might be instantly flipped around into some low effort rivals-esque pun online. The Sinking City and We Happy Few should have never made it past the ideas phase.

lmao

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1373646547922030594?s=21

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Not sure why you wouldn't already have Ikaruga at this point, but grab that for sure if you don't. The rest you can probably skip.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Blue Footed Booby posted:

This is a stupid reason to not play a game.

You should not play it because it's boring.

Is it? I haven't had time to try it out yet, maybe later today. I dodged paying for it for years because it seems like a love letter to Earthbound, and I didn't love Earthbound. Didn't even particularly like it. But I'll try it for free and see what all the hoopla was about!

Even if it turns out it only earned its esteem for the largely solo development, then that's fine, I can appreciate that. I made a mobile game for a computer learning course in college and it sucked hard.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i played it this weekend it made me laugh a few times and the music was good and all the cheevos were easy. seems like the real impressive stuff it does mostly arises when you play it multiple times but im not gonna do that so

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
As someone who hasn't dipped at all into the fandom and everything surrounding the game, I really really enjoyed Undertale. It's worth playing if you like JRPGs.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I know pseudo-NES indie titles are a dime a dozen, but I’m really digging Cyber Shadow on Game Pass so far. I’m still early, but it’s totally scratching that Ninja Gaiden/Contra/Castlevania/Sunsoft Batman/Metroid itch.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Kevyn posted:

I know pseudo-NES indie titles are a dime a dozen, but I’m really digging Cyber Shadow on Game Pass so far. I’m still early, but it’s totally scratching that Ninja Gaiden/Contra/Castlevania/Sunsoft Batman/Metroid itch.

Ohhh gonna have to try this out. I loved the Curse of the Moon Bloodstained games and Odallus: The Dark Call but I haven't really experienced much genre saturation personally. I could not get into Volgarr the Viking though, that was too god damned hard.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Undertale is good

Also I’m in psychotronics in Prey and

1) I think the psycho scope messes with the FPS boost. It feels off and I have to turn the scope off cuz I feel weird

2) I thiiink I may have guessed the twist

3) I really wanna mess with these cool abilities but I don’t want the turrets to shoot me :/

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Undertale is good

Also I’m in psychotronics in Prey and

1) I think the psycho scope messes with the FPS boost. It feels off and I have to turn the scope off cuz I feel weird

2) I thiiink I may have guessed the twist

3) I really wanna mess with these cool abilities but I don’t want the turrets to shoot me :/

Did you calibrate the looking glass screen in the guys basement?

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
I kinda enjoyed Undertale to start with, but the waffling dialogue and repetition of the same jokes grew tiresome fast.

It's a small mercy that you can unlock all the achievements without finishing the game because I'd had enough after that guy calls you every 5 seconds because "lol he's clingy" or something (I was just skipping dialogue by that point). :shrug:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kevyn posted:

It owns. So hard but very fair

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Thom12255 posted:

Did you calibrate the looking glass screen in the guys basement?

I did not!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Does anyone itt know how EA Play handles their new games? I see that some newer games like Star Wars Squadrons are on GamePass through EA Play, but I'm wondering if EA supports their platform like Xbox does with putting stuff up day one.

Wondering if I'm going to regret buying Mass Effect Legendary Edition through Steam since I can get it there $10 off for owning ME3 if it's just going to be included with my GamePass sub.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It flexes, but EA Play doesn't get new titles until like 6 months after release or so. It's not like Game Pass where first party stuff is always day one.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
EA Play has a higher tier where they do put up new games, but Gamepass gets the lower tier.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Soul Glo posted:

Does anyone itt know how EA Play handles their new games? I see that some newer games like Star Wars Squadrons are on GamePass through EA Play, but I'm wondering if EA supports their platform like Xbox does with putting stuff up day one.

Wondering if I'm going to regret buying Mass Effect Legendary Edition through Steam since I can get it there $10 off for owning ME3 if it's just going to be included with my GamePass sub.

Pretty sure there's a discount on Legendary with EA Play/Gamepass on Xbox. I pre-ordered it a couple days after it was announced and it was discounted a little.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

played 'yes your grace' this weekend and either i juuuust barely scraped by with a victory and saving my family or the game does a really good job of convincing you youre just scraping by

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Soul Glo posted:

I don't know if it applies to all platforms, but they also seem to do 10 hour trials for certain new games on EA Play. Star Wars Squadron had one when it launched, but I think as of this month you are getting full access (at least that is the case on EA Play via Steam).

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Mar 22, 2021

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Soul Glo posted:

It will be included in the gamepass sub when it hits EA Play (You get a 10 hour trial for most new titles), usually a year after launch. EA Play Ultimate is only for PC and that lets you play all titles on release. But yeah you do save some money buying it through Xbox now with the EA Play discount.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Okay, cool, thanks for the responses. I'll probably just end up buying it, then. Thanks.

joylessdivision posted:

Pretty sure there's a discount on Legendary with EA Play/Gamepass on Xbox. I pre-ordered it a couple days after it was announced and it was discounted a little.

I think it's 10%, and I'd save a little more on Steam. Buuuuut I do have a Series X coming in this weekend, and maybe I'll want something to play on that this Summer. Probably just wait til a week before release and just flip a coin.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Super No Vacancy posted:

played 'yes your grace' this weekend and either i juuuust barely scraped by with a victory and saving my family or the game does a really good job of convincing you youre just scraping by

Based on reviews and play time data, most people seem to fail their first run and succeed their second (if they bother).

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I'm supposed to enjoy a game like Yes, Your Grace but somehow I just couldn't get into it. Maybe I should try again, I still have it installed.

Right now I started Eastshade which is just delightful, also on game pass.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nice turns out i am an expert grace

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
I failed Your Grace pretty quickly, still have it installed.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Yes, Your Grace has a bunch of weird quirks at the start that aren't immediately obvious and can cause needless errors because the game wasn't clear on things.

Even with a bit of foreknowledge from other LPs I blundered a bit thought ultimately still won. The game is good at providing the feeling of underdog tension even when you're well ahead. You can outright win the final battle without reinforcements.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1374107747495579651

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
The lowercase n bothers me

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Kevyn posted:

The lowercase n bothers me

Well it's less of a rebranding and more of a debranding. The Xbox network is literally just the infrastructure of services and Live is it's own thing. It's just separating the two instead of calling everything Live.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Yeah it doesn't look like Live is actually dead. It's just not calling back end Microsoft services run off of Azure "Xbox Live" anymore because it's kind weird since those service run entire businesses that don't touch what people think of as Xbox Live.

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!
MS might be buying Discord?

https://twitter.com/business/status/1374183042600820743?s=21

Probably more for corporate MS, but maybe they’d integrate it into the Xbox Live network

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

irpoweroutlet posted:

MS might be buying Discord?

https://twitter.com/business/status/1374183042600820743?s=21

Probably more for corporate MS, but maybe they’d integrate it into the Xbox Live network

God drat 10 billion???

Roll that poo poo into GPU please