Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Remember when Marvin Harrison was involved in multiple shootouts with rare handguns and news about it didn't even come out for about a year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Phobeste posted:

I bet they all look the same to you

I’ve undertaken implicit bias training and now understand my mistake. i apologize to anyone whom I have offended and will Do Better from now on. go bengals

Crazy Ted posted:

Remember when Marvin Harrison was involved in multiple shootouts with rare handguns and news about it didn't even come out for about a year?

News just isn’t the same caliber it used to be

a patagonian cavy fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Mar 22, 2021

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
How much poo poo did pro athletes get away with before not only the internet but 24 hour news networks?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How much poo poo did pro athletes get away with before not only the internet but 24 hour news networks?
It makes me wonder how the Dave Bliss scandal at Baylor would have been covered today, because that was loving nuts

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I remember the what if Mike Vick was BBQ ribs photoshop and then think of the Ribmaps.com post and feel like there was some cosmic connection there that Andy Reid felt across untold channels and that's why :vick: was an Eagle for a while.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
I bet some team still trades for him

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

It wasn't the fault of the players, but the Thin Thirty/Jim Barnett/Rock Hudson scandal comes to mind for things gotten away with back in the day.

Hell, the Thin Thirty scandal without Barnett and Hudson is crazy enough for what an rear end in a top hat Charlie Bradshaw was.

Cirrhosis Johnson
Jan 9, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Michael Irvin stabbed a teammate in the neck with a pair of scissors and nearly killed him. I think that might have gotten covered up though.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
In the sense that the media didn't report on it at the time yeah

It's in Jeff Pearlman's book Boys Will Be Boys (I think it might even be the opening story) along with other things that would not fly now like Charles Haley pulling his dick out all the time

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Cirrhosis Johnson posted:

Michael Irvin stabbed a teammate in the neck with a pair of scissors and nearly killed him. I think that might have gotten covered up though.

I vaguely remember it being on Sports Center when it happened but it was probably rephrased to say that Irvin punched/attacked him instead.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Here I am thinking Michael Irvin stabbing someone was the least of his sins.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

More filings.
https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1373996829038235651

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
He was still doing this crap three weeks ago? Yeesh

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I imagine he thought he was getting away with it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Intruder posted:

He was still doing this crap three weeks ago? Yeesh

Wow.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Links

https://i.iheart.com/v3/re/new_assets/6058a4e3d5b24a61b1f47ab0?passthrough=1

https://i.iheart.com/v3/re/new_assets/6058a4a0d5b24a61b1f47aad?passthrough=1

The first one is probably the worst one we've seen so far. It's really bad.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
gently caress Deshaun and also it's kind of weird that those links are on iheart

Isn't that just a music thing?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Intruder posted:

gently caress Deshaun and also it's kind of weird that those links are on iheart

Isn't that just a music thing?

I think it's someone else rehosting the filings.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

The first one is a big oof :stonk:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

“Put her hand inside his anus”

Probably meant to say something else there, unless Watson is in to getting fisted.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

Probably meant to say something else there, unless Watson is in to getting fisted.

I took that to mean that Watson likes butt stuff, maybe a finger up the butt or something

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FizFashizzle posted:

Judging from the other cases, Watson likes having his oil checked -- or, rather, his MO is making women as uncomfortable as possible.

quote:

Watson then proceeded to wrap his legs around Plaintiff's neck...

Yeah if there's any doubt at all remaining that Watson is a serial rapist just toss that into the trash can.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Watson literally gets off on making women fear for their safety. Wow.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
That's some pathological sadistic poo poo, jesus.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
There’s a manager for her too, so that’s another witness.

Watson is toast. Good lord, this really took SUCH a hard turn... what was he doing before this Instagram / masseuse predatory poo poo. You know he didn’t just go from good dude to rapist.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I'm starting to suspect he's some sort of creep

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I don't think this is going to offend the owners enough to get him an indefinite suspension but anyone planning to trade for him needs to brace for whatever suspension is going to come out of this.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

And there are still 13 more cases minimum to be filed :shepface:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I don't think this is going to offend the owners enough to get him an indefinite suspension but anyone planning to trade for him needs to brace for whatever suspension is going to come out of this.

Suspension? It’ll be remarkable if he’s not in jail.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah he's not unless they've got DNA or video with audio of him doing it. Even then he could skate. No DA is taking a shot with the evidence presented so far.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah, this situation is escalating exponentially.

Day zero: Watson is a good dude trapped on a team managed by shitbirds.

Day one: This looks pretty bad but it's a super vague story posted on instagram by a cartoon of a crooked Texas lawyer.

*Sex crimes floodgates open*

:tviv:

e:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Yeah he's not unless they've got DNA or video with audio of him doing it. Even then he could skate. No DA is taking a shot with the evidence presented so far.

Normally I'd agree but the number of accusers just keeps growing and the accusations keep getting more heinous so I'm not as sure.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
At this point if the NFL allows a trade to go through they've literally learned nothing from the past like 15 years.

Yes, I know, I know they obviously haven't but it's still worth saying

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
At the rate things are escalating, the history books shall remember Watson as the greatest evil known to the modern world.

Seriously though, Jesus christ

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I don't think the NFL would allow him to to traded. Breer says his market is essentially frozen anyways. Who's trading most of their draft capital over the next 2 years for a guy who very well could be prosecuted as a sexual predator?

MMQB posted:

I think the Deshaun Watson news of this week freezes his trade market. And I can sum up why with two assumptions I feel fairly comfortable making.

1) The Texans would need a historic haul to justify letting him go.
2) Any other team will want clarity on this matter before yielding a historic haul.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
This is all hosed up.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

A 3rd lawsuit has been filed today, bringing it to 10 total:
https://www.scribd.com/document/499808089/Deshaun-Watson-Lawsuit-10#from_embed

quote:

Watson then stared at Plaintiff and said coyly, "I do not want to make you do anything you do not want to do."

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014
Did the Texans orchestrate this to try to make Watson look bad so they looked good but they’re the Texans so they didn’t think it through, as usual, and they didn’t think about how it would tank his trade value?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah to me... it became way more about the criminal charges

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

We are up to four cases filed today.

https://www.scribd.com/document/499818820/Deshaun-Watson-Lawsuit-11

This specific plaintiff quit massage therapy entirely because of her encounter with Watson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Zaradis posted:

Did the Texans orchestrate this to try to make Watson look bad so they looked good but they’re the Texans so they didn’t think it through, as usual, and they didn’t think about how it would tank his trade value?

Easterby set it up so he can bring Watson back to Christ and tour forever on that redemption story