Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

Nam Taf posted:

That's a pretty poor take because a) not everyone can get vaccinated, b) no vaccine is 100% effective, c) enough people have that mindset and the disease remains sloshing around forever rather than disappearing, and d) those who don't take it act as a handy reservoir for continued evolution of the disease, potentially leading to strains that invalidate existing vaccines. I don't disagree with your point that pro vax can come across authoritarian and often browbeat rather than educate, but your justification is bad.

Vaccination does need to be handled in an authoritarian manner in some cases. It's disingenuous to say "educate" because it implies that a person would do the right thing if only they knew/believed x,y,z. That's offensive to the people who know Bill Gates wants to mine bitcoins with their vaccinated blood, because it implies they're ignorant. It's offensive to me because education is something you can ignore/opt out of/sleep through and this poo poo should be compulsory without serious justification.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I got my appointment for a mass vaccination site in Cleveland. I'm excited to finally get the shot, regardless of which of the 3 I get.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

My brain is buggier than Windows 10 so i'm totally cool with it being installed right up there.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Do they not realize that their body when infected becomes a weapon that does harm to others????

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

got the pfizer at a CVS yesterday. some minor fatigue last night, not too bad. arm soreness is there but not even as bad as a tetanus booster

haven't felt any of the transformation yet. don't even see any scales

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I admire Krispy Kreme's effort to get us donut-loving fatties innoculated.

Free donuts if you flash your vaccination card.

https://lifehacker.com/your-vaccination-card-will-score-you-free-krispy-kreme-1846515136

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Late Fees posted:

got the pfizer at a CVS yesterday. some minor fatigue last night, not too bad. arm soreness is there but not even as bad as a tetanus booster

haven't felt any of the transformation yet. don't even see any scales

It took a few days for my antlers to start coming in.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

:sickos: west virginia just opened our shots up to anyone 16+ who wants one :sickos:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

vyst posted:

My brain is buggier than Windows 10 so i'm totally cool with it being installed right up there.

Windows ME?!?!

WINDOWS YOU!!!

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

stab posted:

Do they not realize that their body when infected becomes a weapon that does harm to others????
There's an awful lot of mental gymnastics going on. They probably think they won't get infected anyway, and even if they do, ~*it's just the flu*~. At the same time, because the media is wont to report on any adverse events whatsoever associated with vaccination, that gives mental salience to those relatively few cases, and people forget that there are very real risks associated with getting the actual infection. It really doesn't help that we do hear about anything bad that happens after a vaccination, but we don't hear about all the serious illnesses and deaths that the vaccination campaign prevented, because they never happened. Sure, we see reports about cases and deaths dropping, but the connection between that and widespread vaccination is juuussssttt abstract enough that people can ignore it if they want.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

I do find it notable that the EU finds these rare blood clot cases, while the UK finds nothing of the sort (having vaccinated more people).

AZ is still restricted or suspended in some EU countries, and new cases are popping up where it isn't. Not enough cases to go anti-vax, to be sure, but cases and their causal relation to the vaccine provably exist.

By contrast, the UK communicates that AZ has no side effects associated with blood clotting and no such cases are found.

If it is the same exact vaccine, something doesn't add up.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
A buddy of mine got a surprise vaccination this weekend because he was wandering around Kroger and they were looking for people to finish up a vial so it didn't go to waste.

Kinda cool little bonus with the grocery shopping.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I scheduled another first shot at Moscone today after cancelling last week. Turns out the kids never made me sick (And they had a cold: both tested negative for covid) so I'm going in for Pfizer today.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

dwarf74 posted:

A buddy of mine got a surprise vaccination this weekend because he was wandering around Kroger and they were looking for people to finish up a vial so it didn't go to waste.

Kinda cool little bonus with the grocery shopping.

and because he was such a slick couponer they paid HIM to buy groceries

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

redreader posted:

I scheduled another first shot at Moscone today after cancelling last week. Turns out the kids never made me sick (And they had a cold: both tested negative for covid) so I'm going in for Pfizer today.

:whatup: Moscone buddy

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Alan Smithee posted:

Windows ME?!?!

WINDOWS YOU!!!

I cackled, rip WinME

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Ohhhh poo poo. I'm supposed to get dose 2 of Moderna next week, but I think I might be feeling another case of shingles coming on.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Steely Dad posted:

:whatup: Moscone buddy

How was parking? Where was parking?

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Wife and I both got our first pfizer jabs late last week - both had *very* minor arm soreness that night, and nothing to speak of by the next morning.

My wife is due with our first child next week. We both get our second shot on the same day. Hopefully it doesn't wreck both of us. This may have been poorly planned.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

wilderthanmild posted:

I got my appointment for a mass vaccination site in Cleveland. I'm excited to finally get the shot, regardless of which of the 3 I get.

All the vaccines work, some were just under trial when higher efficacy was easier to reach. They all prevent hospitalization or death regardless of the numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3odScka55A

(Vox Youtube video "Why you can't compare Covid-19 vaccines")

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Or awesome planning, they are beginning to get results showing pregnant women’s antibodies are being passed on to the baba, not enough data but they are extrapolating that they will be in the fore milk as well 😃

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

learnincurve posted:

Or awesome planning, they are beginning to get results showing pregnant women’s antibodies are being passed on to the baba, not enough data but they are extrapolating that they will be in the fore milk as well 😃

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Don't dox me

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pastamania posted:

Every single actual study by numerous different health agencies have all concluded that there is no heightened risk of blood clots from AZ now. The American's are the latest just last night. There's only so many different ways scientists can say it. It's safe and it stops you getting crippled with a horrific disease.

This is just descending into anti-vax territory now and some of you just need to gently caress right off with that poo poo before you actually do get someone killed. You know what does gently caress people up? Covid 19. Stop your evidence-less hand wringing and take your loving vaccine when your offered, Jesus Christ.

The U.S. clinical trial is small enough that it would not be expected to have a single case of clotting if it is occurring at the rate suggested by Europe.

I have said before that if the AZ vaccine were my only option, I would be beating on doors and demanding to be allowed to take my chance against the blood clots rather than the virus that’s several hundred or thousand times worse, but lets not pretend the clinical trial shows us something it doesn’t.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Haramstufe Rot posted:

I do find it notable that the EU finds these rare blood clot cases, while the UK finds nothing of the sort (having vaccinated more people).

AZ is still restricted or suspended in some EU countries, and new cases are popping up where it isn't. Not enough cases to go anti-vax, to be sure, but cases and their causal relation to the vaccine provably exist.

By contrast, the UK communicates that AZ has no side effects associated with blood clotting and no such cases are found.

If it is the same exact vaccine, something doesn't add up.

The UK regulatory body reported five cases total of CSVT from 11 million doses.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
And before anyone starts a few pages ago someone posted the workings showing that millions of women aged 16-45 are included in that figure, because we’ve vaccinated 95% of our healthcare workers.

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Jeza posted:

The UK regulatory body reported five cases total of CSVT from 11 million doses.

The cure can't be worse than the disease!

Oh wait

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

DrPlump posted:

The idea of violating someones bodily autotomy to overcome the coronavirus is tricky legal territory. I personally am not a fan of passing narrow carve out laws that apply "just this one time for this one thing" as they have tendency to establish legal precedence for further restrictions on human rights. For example if you are to argue this particular virus is an exception because of the large number of human lives lost perhaps we can violate bodily autonomy in other ways to preserve and replace the existing humans lost. If we had "temporarily" outlawed abortions the number of children born as a result would have more than replaced the lives lost due to covid19. If it just about RAW human lives without regards to rights we should have been letting the infected die while doctors focused on birthing new babies to replace them.

You are a loving dumbass holy poo poo

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Kinda enjoyed the irony of having to get my shot at the soccer stadium I was supposed to go to last year, but got cancelled with about a days notice when everything went to poo poo. Nice to finally see the place.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Last time I was in Sheffield Arena it was for WWE Raw live and I bought my mother, who had never seen the rassling before in her life but bizarrely was a friend of “Big Daddy” in real life, ring sides seats for her 65th birthday.

Cena came on, did his pose right in front of her and she very loudly went “oOh isn’t he LARGE” and he nearly fell off the ropes corpsing.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Its Happening! posted:

All the vaccines work, some were just under trial when higher efficacy was easier to reach. They all prevent hospitalization or death regardless of the numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3odScka55A

(Vox Youtube video "Why you can't compare Covid-19 vaccines")

Yeah, that's why I wasn't too concerned about which one. They all work and it's pretty muddy if any one of them is more effective than the others, for the reason you mentioned. Basically I'm just saying I'm excited and not the kind of moron who is gonna cancel my appointment or getting annoyed I got J&J or annoyed I have to come back for a second dose or whatever.

learnincurve posted:

My wife was talking about this yesterday. Making us both even happier about her decision to get vaccinated!

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

learnincurve posted:

Yeah....that was kinda the hope. That and getting it in mom before she is no-longer high-risk and falls into the "eventually" timeframe.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

DrPlump posted:

The idea of violating someones bodily autotomy to overcome the coronavirus is tricky legal territory. I personally am not a fan of passing narrow carve out laws that apply "just this one time for this one thing" as they have tendency to establish legal precedence for further restrictions on human rights. For example if you are to argue this particular virus is an exception because of the large number of human lives lost perhaps we can violate bodily autonomy in other ways to preserve and replace the existing humans lost. If we had "temporarily" outlawed abortions the number of children born as a result would have more than replaced the lives lost due to covid19. If it just about RAW human lives without regards to rights we should have been letting the infected die while doctors focused on birthing new babies to replace them.

I skimmed this post because you’d already been probated and I thought it was “just” more antivaxx stuff, but seriously, gently caress you for the abortion suggestion.

Anyone who chooses to be a plague bearer should be excluded from polite society, but you are doing your damnedest to have your tongue get you ostracised, so that may not be much of a disincentive.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Getting my second shot in about an hour. We'll see how I feel later on today or tomorrow

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I don't want to say anything but unfortunately I have a giant rear end mouth and I already posted that it that I wouldn't lie to get my vax.

Did some looking around and I'm aghast amazed genuinely and there is absolutely poo poo tons of immediate openings for appointments for a two shot vaccine (I don't know which one it is) an hour and a half drive away in the boonies.
I made an appointment. If I end up getting in trouble I'll take the punishment. Due to the massive amount of openings available within 24 hours of when I was looking on the website I'm guessing I'm really not taking someone's like spot. I genuinely don't want to do that.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
:justpost: Just Vax

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Spinz posted:

I don't want to say anything but unfortunately I have a giant rear end mouth and I already posted that it that I wouldn't lie to get my vax.

Did some looking around and I'm aghast amazed genuinely and there is absolutely poo poo tons of immediate openings for appointments for a two shot vaccine (I don't know which one it is) an hour and a half drive away in the boonies.
I made an appointment. If I end up getting in trouble I'll take the punishment. Due to the massive amount of openings available within 24 hours of when I was looking on the website I'm guessing I'm really not taking someone's like spot. I genuinely don't want to do that.

If it’s making you feel guilty then pay it back later - when you are vaccinated do some real life volunteering in a soup kitchen or even drive an elderly neighbour to get their vax or something.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Holy crap Krispy Kreme is giving one free original glazed per visit if you show a vaccine card through the end of the year. No explicit limits.
Im going to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Lmao they are gonna end it by may I bet