Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

reallly hope you can redownload stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Obligatum VII posted:

What's the gameplay like? Bog standard MMO stuff? Would be neat if they just went bugshit nuts with the idea it's M:tG and made the gameplay somehow partially card based.

You collect cards while playing, and cast them as spells. You rotate through a deck of cards during combat, summoning monsters, and casting magic that can attack, debuff, and buff. The game is actually being played right now on their official Twitch channel https://twitch.tv/beamagiclegend its an action RPG, so plays a lot like Diablo, Path of Exile, Torchlight, etc. but in the Magic the Gathering universe.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Also near as I can tell, "spells" in this case are just Creatues, Sorceries, and Enchantments. Equipment and Artifacts exist but are basically just equip slots, and I'm assuming instants got just rolled into Sorcery.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Vermain posted:

a tablespoon of butter and a single apple a day - around 150 calories - can be the difference between you going nowhere and you losing a pound or two.
I don't know. If you habitually put 25 grams of butter on your bread on a daily basis, you've probably got substantially bigger problems with your diet than just that and likely won't notice the difference anyway.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The hard part isn't identifying changes you can make in your diet, it's sticking with the changes for at least several months and possibly the rest of your life

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I've honestly always kind of thought that the whole "just consistently eat less than your body tells you it needs and you'll be thin in no time" type of weight-loss advice is unrealistic. Hardly anyone can keep that up in the long term because it makes you feel completely miserable the entire time. Exercise might require you to actually get out of the house and sweat a little, but at least you can still eat mostly normal portions of foods that you enjoy the rest of the time.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's really not like that at all, Modern people have an extremely unhealthy relationship with food. Normal portions of food to the Average person are absurd, and the way the food industry fills everything with cheap sugar and carbs doesn't help anything. Especially for someone relatively sedentary you can easily eat 1600 cals and feel just fine.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Just stop drinking soda

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Ah but if you drink enough soda and get super fat you get the vaccine first! Checkmate Ringfitters.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Baller Time posted:

Just stop drinking soda

Can attest--this would probably save me a ton of effort on the weight loss war

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Also if you never ringfit you never have to deal with smackback, squattery wheel, and dreadmill the stupidest most poorly controlled minigames that have ever existed. So really it's like a doublewin.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm really enjoying my time with Fallen Order. I just got a crate from the first planet that had been dangling in front of my face since the first time I got here and it felt so good.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
on saturday i ate 3 double chocolate cookies in a row and it was excellent and i recommend it to anyone

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Fortunately I have the discipline to run 60 miles a week because I sure as gently caress don't have the discipline not to eat every last cookie on the party tray!

waddler
Jan 3, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

I’ve been trying to remember, some racing game or such that had a course wherein you go through a tunnel and the time of day changes, like maybe sunset to nighttime

Help

Might’ve been a snowboarding game?
Was it Race The Sun? Not quite racing, but it has tunnels and uses sunset as a game mechanic.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/253030/Race_The_Sun/

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Shinjobi posted:

Can attest--this would probably save me a ton of effort on the weight loss war

Soda, beer, and juice. Those are the three demons to slay before you can actually lose weight. Holy gently caress store-bought juice is so bad for you.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
good thing the only drinks worth consistently drinking are tap water and black coffee or ice tea

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i was given a brita water pitcher as a gift and i must reluctantly admit that it owns. fill that poo poo up and put in in the fridge. you've never had fresher water

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
MGS3 is good but jesus christ I forgot how unbelievably horny kojima was

no, i will not press the R1 button during this cutscene because i know what you're going to do with it and i'm not on board buddy

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Really hosed up that the bond parody is horny

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The first time I played MGS3 I unknowingly got the secret cutscene for leaving the tracking device in until you meet eva in the cave and that was a little confusing

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Gaius Marius posted:

Really hosed up that the bond parody is horny

i guess it makes more sense than the horny blade runner parody and the horny lethal weapon parody

e: vvv it beats the vast majority of 'em. it's up there with the shirley bassey numbers for drat sure

Dr. Fishopolis fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Mar 22, 2021

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

“Snake Eater” is one of the best bond songs

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Also reposting this :krad: alternative MGS3 theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C9niRuUb5g

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Khanstant posted:

good thing the only drinks worth consistently drinking are tap water and black coffee or ice tea

Kombucha, oat melk, coffee, and water only.

Within 20 years I imagine refined sugars will be scheduled + controlled as a narcotic in the US.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

mkvltra posted:

Kombucha, oat melk, coffee, and water only.

Within 20 years I imagine refined sugars will be scheduled + controlled as a narcotic in the US.

Bro you have no idea how powerful the corn lobby in the US is. You do not gently caress with them

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Gaius Marius posted:

Bro you have no idea how powerful the corn lobby in the US is. You do not gently caress with them

the corn lobby definitely has a body count

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's me, I'm the body and I died from eating too much corn

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I recommend Rooibos tea to anyone who hasn't yet tried it. Due to climate change, it will probably go extinct within the next 30 to 60 years, as the bushes can only be cultivated in a very specific region of South Africa. Also, it tastes very good.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

My biggest hurdles have always been junk food and depression. Also my current job is mostly sedentary after having spent half my life on my feet for 8 hours or more a day. I've always been fat but 3 years ago I was only 205 and now I'm 240 and my blood pressure and sugar are slightly elevated so it's time to change what I can. Also I rarely eat fast food or drink soda but I will consume a bag of candy without a second thought and at 41 it's catching up to me.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Tea and Coffee are disgusting. There's only three drinks a human needs.
Tap water
Diet Mountain Dew
Monster Ultra Zero

Walla posted:

My biggest hurdles have always been junk food and depression. Also my current job is mostly sedentary after having spent half my life on my feet for 8 hours or more a day. I've always been fat but 3 years ago I was only 205 and now I'm 240 and my blood pressure and sugar are slightly elevated so it's time to change what I can. Also I rarely eat fast food or drink soda but I will consume a bag of candy without a second thought and at 41 it's catching up to me.

You should hit up the Fitness Thread so you can get your gameplan going and hold yourself accountable

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876241&

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I make my tea with boiled Mountain Dew. That is the true green tea :cool:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

King Friedrich of Prussia was well-known for brewing his coffee out of champagne instead of water. Can't see the appeal, personally.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ninja Gaiden II:

aaaaaaaaaaa holy poo poo I beat Alexei first time aaaaaaaa he was such a beast and had me out of healing items and a couple of hits away from death while he still had almost half a health bar but then I turned into a whirling dervish of death and just tore through him aaaaa VG is this how you feel when you beat a Dark Souls boss?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jay Rust posted:

“Snake Eater” is one of the best bond songs

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like Best is Yet to Come more but it's not a Bond song like Snake Eater is, it's just a good song in general.

Nuclear is also a good song.

Also the boss songs in Rising.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

Ninja Gaiden II:

aaaaaaaaaaa holy poo poo I beat Alexei first time aaaaaaaa he was such a beast and had me out of healing items and a couple of hits away from death while he still had almost half a health bar but then I turned into a whirling dervish of death and just tore through him aaaaa VG is this how you feel when you beat a Dark Souls boss?

It absolutely is yes! Beating some of the toughest bosses in game make you feel powerful and unstoppable! :D

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

It absolutely is yes! Beating some of the toughest bosses in game make you feel powerful and unstoppable! :D

Aaaa yay I'm glad you are enjoying this feeling too :D

Also I regret to inform you that using the cry laughing emoji in your av makes you officially an Old :(

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Gaius Marius posted:

:haibrow:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Gaius Marius posted:

Pfft, they won't ear me comin' for em til it's too late.