Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I get the feeling that the statement about covid washing up on the beaches was a precursor to vaccine passports/a threat that holidays will remained banned if our vaccine supply is held up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Oh yeah and the grapevine has it that there's a bunch more mass centres being planned to open in mid-April - between that and the fact a lot of people will be going back to work, this makes it likely they'll reopen steward volunteering for those hoping to jump the queue. Get registered with https://nhsvolunteerresponders.org.uk/i-want-to-volunteer and register your interest at https://nhsvolunteerresponders.org.uk/nextinline if you fancy it.

(There *is* a way of picking up a volunteer shift and hence a jab without registering but I'm reluctant to post it because I've no idea what the legality of it is)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Bobstar posted:

Somebody scrawled "Great Replacement" on a FvD (the "Geert Wilders is too soft" party) poster down the road, and I don't think they were antifa worried about being replaced by gammons :ohdear:
This has just got the phrase "gert replacement" stuck in my head and I've no idea what that would be but I bet it's related to this:

But yeah, huge spike in conspiracy thinking + fash parties seldom goes anywhere good :ohdear:

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

learnincurve posted:

I get the feeling that the statement about covid washing up on the beaches was a precursor to vaccine passports/a threat that holidays will remained banned if our vaccine supply is held up.

My impression was that he's softening up the gammons for letting the EU have some of "our" vaccine shipments.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Had to x-post from the Simpsons thread because lmao

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Loving how bad Starmer continues to be, literally a day after Starmer says Sturgeon should resign if she’s found to have broken the ministerial code she’s exonerated. If he’d literally said nothing about it he’d be ahead of where he is now!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Noxville posted:

Loving how bad Starmer continues to be, literally a day after Starmer says Sturgeon should resign if she’s found to have broken the ministerial code she’s exonerated. If he’d literally said nothing about it he’d be ahead of where he is now!

Certainly his use of "if" will be received by the press and public as a circumspect choice and not flimsy-spined cowardice! :v:

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
To go back to Dr Peter Gammons, not only is his DR phoney, Gammons isn't his original name, plus he has this terrible website which looks like something a grifting US tv preacher would have..... However, if you dig a little into his old revisions of his site there's this beauty, whereby you can leave everything to him in a will.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The universe will constantly self-correct to make Keith wrong, no matter what he says.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Lungboy posted:

To go back to Dr Peter Gammons, not only is his DR phoney, Gammons isn't his original name, plus he has this terrible website which looks like something a grifting US tv preacher would have..... However, if you dig a little into his old revisions of his site there's this beauty, whereby you can leave everything to him in a will.

It reads like a grifting televangelist because he is a grifting evangelist

Buy your own Gammons leather bound bible with detailed notes from the very thought of Gammons for only $300

https://www.pgmi.org/product/bible/

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Hallucinogenic Toreador posted:

My impression was that he's softening up the gammons for letting the EU have some of "our" vaccine shipments.

That’s possible, it would be “Classic Boris” to have no clue that British people who go to/live in Spain have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the locals and will go absolutely batshit at the idea of the Spanish getting Mah Grandaters Vaccine!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
if they live in spain they'll be needing the vaccine themselves

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Lungboy posted:

quote:

Before meeting with Christ, his only interested was music. He began winning talent contests from eight years of age onwards and later becoming a recording artist. His record "On The Beach" was voted among the "Top 20 All Time Favourite Dance Records" by Britain's top disc jockeys, beating artists like the Beach Boys and Little Eva.

Unless his name used to be 'Chris Rea' or 'Torsten Stenzel' I can't find anything about this at all.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Popular with nonces, beats artists.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
That on the beach claim is very confusing. However, the only way to delve further into this would be to Google 'gammons on the beach', and I just can't do it.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

The Perfect Element posted:

That on the beach claim is very confusing. However, the only way to delve further into this would be to Google 'gammons on the beach', and I just can't do it.

I have done it so that ye shall not:

https://www.discogs.com/Pete-Gammons-On-The-Beach/release/2337383

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=gammons+on.the+beach&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

I’m too scared to do the image search though.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5WouIzjgqo

Jesus christ.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

keep punching joe posted:

There are many salty Tories and broadsheet journalists in Scotland

But you repeat yourself

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Jesus christ.
Every time you play that a sound tech dies.

Palate cleanser:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

to quote from one of SA's greatest threads:

GOD HAS DIED

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Noxville posted:

his handlers have realised that he isnt going to be PM so they're going with plan B: scorched earth instead

explains his pro-cop-deathsquads but anti-nuke stance

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Couple of interesting bits in Morning Star

quote:

11 executive CLP members resign after Scottish Labour bans candidate from standing

SCOTTISH Labour are facing questions over their selection process after eleven executive members of a constituency party resigned over a candidate’s removal ahead of this year’s Holyrood election.

Prominent Labour members in Glasgow Kelvin have stepped back from their committee roles following the removal of local activist Hollie Cameron as a candidate — after her selection by local members.

The decision came as a panel from Labour’s Scottish executive committee said they were not satisfied that Ms Cameron would follow the party whip, citing her comments which suggested that she “respects the right” to have a second referendum on independence.

etc

https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article/b/11-executive-clp-members-resign-after-scottish-labour-bans-candidate-from-standing

also:

quote:

Suspended Labour members to form ‘shadow’ party to fight ‘purge’

“GHOST” local Labour parties are to be formed by suspended members of the party in a fight against their purge, it was revealed today.

Since Sir Keir Starmer became Labour leader last year, scores of party officers and hundreds of members have been suspended or expelled over motions of support for former leader Jeremy Corbyn.

Unions and members have accused party general secretary David Evans of restricting freedom of speech by suspending officers who have allowed pro-Corbyn motions to be discussed and passed at constituency Labour Party (CLP) meetings.

Suspended members across the country are now forming ghost CLPs to form a “national linked-up shadow Labour Party.”

etc

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Noxville posted:

To be fair, he's not wrong. And now he has to face questions on why he isn't demanding Boris Johnson's resignation, as it's been ruled by a court that Johnson has repeatedly broken the ministerial code.

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
https://twitter.com/FromSteveHowell/status/1374064364056100877?s=19

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
It's times like this when I wish Corbyn really had been the red menace Stalinist purge machine that his shrieking opponents made him out to be and eviscerated the right of the Labour party instead of being a nice old jam man with some good ideas.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

“The Shadow Labour Party” just sounds cool, there’s no way around it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Do they get a shadow shadow cabinet?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

^^^ The Sonic Cabinet? The labour 'tails' cabinet Prower?

Under Corbyn: 70 articles about how Corbyn is going to do stalinist purges so you're all trots.

Under Starmer: Actually purging the left is good, and I can't think of any historical figures where this was a problem. Also you're all still trots.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Intentionally or not this is laying the foundations for Pasokification so lol

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

citing her comments which suggested that she “respects the right”

:stonk:

quote:

to have a second referendum on independence.

Oh, ok.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
If anyone else on Android has been getting constant crashes in the Awful app, Gmail, Feedly etc since yesterday afternoon, make sure you've installed the latest updates to Chrome and Android System Webview - looks like they rolled out a hotfix overnight.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Communist Thoughts posted:

his handlers have realised that he isnt going to be PM so they're going with plan B: scorched earth instead
Truly the ascension of the ordinary man.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Noxville posted:

Typical hypocrisy from the corbynistas

"he never says anything!"

"he shouldn't have said anything!"

Also, it's anti-semetic somehow

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

what the gently caress I might be IN this video.

the kid at 00:45 looks exactly like me in 1988, I'm pretty sure I had that top and if that's Bournemouth beach I went there as a kid...

I've gotta run this past my Mum. :(

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Necrothatcher posted:

You're Cliff Richard?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/nicktolhurst/status/1374263317502513156?s=19

Are there mountains of British cheese accumulating in the UK right now? Can you get a wheel of Stilton in Sainsburys for 5p?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Necrothatcher posted:

the kid at 00:45 looks exactly like me in 1988, I'm pretty sure I had that top and if that's Bournemouth beach I went there as a kid...

I've gotta run this past my Mum. :(

I'm a lip reader and I've analysed the video and the boy in question is saying "I hope she dies"

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

goddamnedtwisto posted:

You're Cliff Richard?

The Peter Pan of Politics.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Failed Imagineer posted:

https://twitter.com/nicktolhurst/status/1374263317502513156?s=19

Are there mountains of British cheese accumulating in the UK right now? Can you get a wheel of Stilton in Sainsburys for 5p?

Keep checking small companies like https://www.northumberlandcheese.co.uk/ they have started doing boxes with increased quantities and occasionally you will get massive dumps of random selection boxes for next to nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Isn't that Jamie Oliver??