Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

OnimaruXLR posted:

https://twitter.com/KnightEdgeMedia/status/1373461890718969857

That makes... basically all of the young Avengers confirmed, right? Iron Lad's kind of hard to pin down, but all the ingredients to whip him up do exist.

his casting agency confirmed he’s in the show but it’s not confirmed that he’s Eli Bradley, IMDB pages are too easily edited for that to be the case afaik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Barry Convex posted:

his casting agency confirmed he’s in the show but it’s not confirmed that he’s Eli Bradley, IMDB pages are too easily edited for that to be the case afaik

If it's a featured role, it seems fairly likely, as it's pretty transparent that we're heading to some form of the Young Avengers, with America, Kate, Kamala, Billy, Tommy and Riri all cast and appearing in currently in-production projects.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

So which character is secretly Mephisto? Rhodey was looking kinda shifty.

Fat Winter Solider was p.cool. Coming off Wandavision with all the mystery and fantasy elements, I thought I was going to be bored with more grounded material, but instead was very pleasantly surprised and immediately invested.
It seems really hard to swallow that Sam as a (former?) Avenger has literally no money or assets to speak of, but the story line has real modern relevance so I'll let that slide. Now every online nerd is going to be running spreadsheets calculating just how each Avenger manages to make a living and if they potentially qualify for Biden bux this year. Is there no stimulus check for Blip people?

With only 6 episodes, the pacing seemed rather TV slow. 1 episode down and Sam and Bucky are not even married yet and we haven't even seen a glimpse of Sharon or Zemo. It doesn't feel like there is a lot of runway here.

I guess the Avengers don't exist anymore? It makes sense considering everyone dead or MIA. But your planet just got decimated by aliens, you would think doubling down on the Avengers initiative as a planetary defense mechanism would be quite popular with the voters. No, one faux Cap doesn't cut it.

Bucky's plot with the old man just has tragedy time bomb written all over and it. And it already makes me want to cry.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
:sweatdrop: TVIV just had like five pages of the gooniest derail over this, so we gotta clear this up lil' bit real quick:

Sam has money. Sam isn't poor. He has contracts with the military.

The conflict here is two-fold: Sarah, his sister, will not take his money. They made a deal that she runs her business and Sam does his Falcon stuff. Even if Sam were loaded, she's not going to ask him to lend her money (especially since Sam's the one who actually wants to save the decrepit boat at all, out of sentimental value)

Sam gives her a compromise: I'll help you get a loan from the bank. Which is not technically him just handing her his money for her business. However, the bank refuses to lend them money because Sam didn't have income while he was blipped.

It's a completely ridiculous technicality. They all know it. But it's the bank's policy nonetheless, one that's fueled in part by the institutional racism of him taking one look at these black clients and denying them a financial opportunity, and in other parts by this civic, capitalist institution not being prepared to handle the economic ramifications of a global crisis.

Which, y'know...*gestures around vaguely* :buddy:

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Mar 22, 2021

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Cocks Cable posted:

It seems really hard to swallow that Sam as a (former?) Avenger has literally no money or assets to speak of, but the story line has real modern relevance so I'll let that slide. Now every online nerd is going to be running spreadsheets calculating just how each Avenger manages to make a living and if they potentially qualify for Biden bux this year. Is there no stimulus check for Blip people?

I mean I'd imagine that after getting blipped (and especially since there were a lot of people who witnessed Sam getting dusted first hand) they'd treat him as dead and any assets he had would go to his sister probably.

I think they confirm that it's only been a few months since Endgame so I'd imagine any government program would be taking a while to get going (that is, when the government gets itself in order, I'd imagine it would also be thrown into chaos. Like imagine a bunch of senators or other officials popping back and demanding their seats back, how do you sort that poo poo out? I don't think there's anything in the Constitution about term length when someone is resurrected from the dead.)

But yeah its weird to hear that the Avengers were working for exposure.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

BrianWilly posted:

good explanation

Thank you. That makes more sense now and I'll recant my original complaint. I still reserve the right to run the numbers on Vision's assets and liabilities and question whether he can put his own body up as collateral on a loan.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Cocks Cable posted:

I still reserve the right to run the numbers on Vision's assets and liabilities and question whether he can put his own body up as collateral on a loan.

Wasn't Groot going to literally reverse mortgage his body to The Collector?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
what weird is that the govt isn't just making GBS threads out checks since the world economy ground to a halt in an instant 5 years ago and then just after people might've started recovering and businesses have begun to adjust 4 billion people just popped back into existence. how does anybody have money

site fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Mar 22, 2021

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

How does anyone have toilet paper?

Maybe if WandaVision put more effort into showing Wanda conjuring up toilet paper for all the residents amid a global shortage, then framing her as a hero would have made more sense.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
So Sam's Sister never got round to it but I was really expecting her to explain she didn't want his help because she didn't want to rely on him when he could just up and die from his extremely dangerous job.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Alhazred posted:

God, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is going to be a season of Bucky being sad in chinese restaurants and Sam applying for loans, isn't it?

Iwould 100% be down for this, yes.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Alhazred posted:

God, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is going to be a season of Bucky being sad in chinese restaurants and Sam applying for loans, isn't it?

This is what people mean when they say the MCU has more relatable characters than the DCEU.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

site posted:

what weird is that the govt isn't just making GBS threads out checks since the world economy ground to a halt in an instant 5 years ago and then just after people might've started recovering and businesses have begun to adjust 4 billion people just popped back into existence. how does anybody have money

I feel like after having a year of my life stolen from me and the government having to be dragged kicking and screaming to give out even the paltry sum of $3200 (or $1.54/hr at 40 hrs/week) says to me if half the world was snapped from existence and returned 5 years later, we absolutely would not be getting checks from that either.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Alhazred posted:

The Millennial Experience

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Cocks Cable" posted:

So which character is secretly Mephisto? Rhodey was looking kinda shifty.

Fat Winter Solider was p.cool. Coming off Wandavision with all the mystery and fantasy elements, I thought I was going to be bored with more grounded material, but instead was very pleasantly surprised and immediately invested.

They were gonna be paid in buttcoin, but Stark's mining rig went tits-up when Thanos blew up the building it was in

TwoPair posted:

I mean I'd imagine that after getting blipped (and especially since there were a lot of people who witnessed Sam getting dusted first hand) they'd treat him as dead and any assets he had would go to his sister probably.

I think they confirm that it's only been a few months since Endgame so I'd imagine any government program would be taking a while to get going (that is, when the government gets itself in order, I'd imagine it would also be thrown into chaos. Like imagine a bunch of senators or other officials popping back and demanding their seats back, how do you sort that poo poo out? I don't think there's anything in the Constitution about term length when someone is resurrected from the dead.)

Easy for the house, the census reduced the number of representatives for every state due to their population shrink, and when everyone blipped back it went back up :v:

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

site posted:

If Isaiah is really in this then I'm just gonna count on it being the most weak willed poo poo because there's no way disney is gonna let it get close to truth: red white and Black

Zemo’s whole thing is revealing horrible stuff from the past to tear his enemies apart. Would not be surprised at all if his plan was to undermine the symbol of Captain America by releasing the US’s terrible history of trying to create another one

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Jagermonster posted:

Zemo’s whole thing is revealing horrible stuff from the past to tear his enemies apart. Would not be surprised at all if his plan was to undermine the symbol of Captain America by releasing the US’s terrible history of trying to create another one

And america collectively shrugs

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Jagermonster posted:

He's going to release the Winter Soldier's whole terrible history. Bucky's failure to confess to Yori makes it much more likely that Yori will find out from some other source, and Zemo seems like a prime candidate.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Mr Hootington posted:

And america collectively shrugs

Some of America definitely would. The other half would definitely be pissed. What better way to divide the country (I mean it’s basically what actually happens all the time and why the country experiences the unrest it does).

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Jagermonster posted:

that would be interesting

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Looks like Ruby isn't even coming back for a cameo

https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/1374027481133449216?s=20

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She made her choice, they probably already had this casting underway when that interview dropped where she said she'd do a cameo.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I don't care if I ever see Ruby Rose in anything ever again. It's better to recast with someone who will actually be there if you want to use the character regularly again at some point. Honestly they should just roll with it and do Batwoman, Inc. and have a bunch of Batwomen. None of whom need to be Rose.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vince MechMahon posted:

I don't care if I ever see Ruby Rose in anything ever again. It's better to recast with someone who will actually be there if you want to use the character regularly again at some point. Honestly they should just roll with it and do Batwoman, Inc. and have a bunch of Batwomen. None of whom need to be Rose.

No because then eventually Alice will become a Batwoman.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Rhyno posted:

The Batwoman Who Laughs?

Oops, I accidentally cursed us all.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

The Batwoman Who Laughs?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Batwoman Who Laughs?

Gif from The Office of Lonny throwing a box and yelling "drat it, Michael!" here.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

i mean they're already halfway into doing that

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/GeeksOfColor/status/1374070340486320131?s=20

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I think Echo is really boring, and this is the first of these I just do not care about. Hopefully I'm wrong.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

On the other hand I think Echo is a great character and I think you can really dive into her story well in one of these series now that we see just how much they are character pieces. Let's start the push the bring back Vincent D'Onofrio for it now.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

If it weren't for all the persistent Charlie Cox in No Way Home rumors, I'd guess that the first place they'd start bringing back Netflix stuff would probably be in Moon Knight.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

BrianWilly posted:

If it weren't for all the persistent Charlie Cox in No Way Home rumors, I'd guess that the first place they'd start bringing back Netflix stuff would probably be in Moon Knight.

He's in it but he only thinks he's Daredevil, some villain is mind controlling him so he can't remember his real name is Doug Hardon.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

X-O posted:

On the other hand I think Echo is a great character and I think you can really dive into her story well in one of these series now that we see just how much they are character pieces. Let's start the push the bring back Vincent D'Onofrio for it now.

Is that Echo from Daredevil?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

this is curious given that the character hasn't exactly had much of a profile in the comics in recent years, and has never even had a solo miniseries. gonna guess she isn't going to become the host of the Phoenix Force like she looks to be doing in Jason Aaron's Avengers run

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

theironjef posted:

He's in it but he only thinks he's Daredevil, some villain is mind controlling him so he can't remember his real name is Doug Hardon.
Checks out as a feasible Daredevil story, honestly.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Barry Convex posted:

this is curious given that the character hasn't exactly had much of a profile in the comics in recent years, and has never even had a solo miniseries. gonna guess she isn't going to become the host of the Phoenix Force like she looks to be doing in Jason Aaron's Avengers run

When Hawkeye quits the Ronin persona, he leaves it wide open for someone else also pissed off about something blip related. Now he feels responsible for someone continuing a string of murders he already felt real bad about. Or something.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

howe_sam posted:

The head writer is on record as saying Truth is one of the things they drew from when writing the show. My guess is they'll change it to be an attempt to recreate the super soldier serum after Erskine died, and not have them be unwilling beta testers for Steve. Which on the face of things doesn't line up with Erskine's insistence that they be very selective about who gets the serum, but as I think about it more, maybe he had more than a sample size of Schmidt when he was talking to Steve about how the serum amplifies the recipient's inherent nature.
One of the major inspirations the MCU took from the Ultimate Universe was how basically everything, especially at the start, was someone trying to replicate the super soldier serum. That's still Bruce's origin, unless I'm misremembering or they quietly retconned it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

The Batwoman Who Laughs?

Most cursed post I've read in months hands down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

BrianWilly posted:

Checks out as a feasible Daredevil story, honestly.

Non-zero chance he's playing Mike Murdock.