Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think PFSC is really starting to pick up, but I'm a sucker for showcases of terrible people in their natural environment: unavoidable family events.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think PFSC is really starting to pick up, but I'm a sucker for showcases of terrible people in their natural environment: unavoidable family events.

Pick up isn't really the right words, the comic is a slow burn. But it is starting to hit its stride. The next few comics are about how Gary's family are all Jesus for some reason, then it talks about being a lesbian in a bigoted family and smoking pipe tobacco. Eventually it gets back to Paul, who is a ghost.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Fun fact: Stockholm Syndrome was invented to explain why the hostages were "irrationally" concerned that the police might run in and execute their apparently quite peasant and empathetic captors and possibly also accidentally the hostages. Also they got mad at the police afterwards! for teargassing them

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Splicer posted:

Fun fact: Stockholm Syndrome was invented to explain why the hostages were "irrationally" concerned that the police might run in and execute their apparently quite peasant and empathetic captors and possibly also accidentally the hostages. Also they got mad at the police afterwards! for teargassing them

Since these forums often function like a conveyor belt feeding middle aged nerds into the clutches of various sex monsters and conmen while a chiptune remix of Raymond Scott's Powerhouse plays in the background, this post is perfecto.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

mysterious frankie posted:

Since these forums often function like a conveyor belt feeding middle aged nerds into the clutches of various sex monsters and conmen while a chiptune remix of Raymond Scott's Powerhouse plays in the background, this post is perfecto.

quite catchy actually:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1lDzxXiC6Y

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Splicer posted:

Irrational hostage posted:

Yes, I was afraid of the police; what is so strange about that? Is it strange that one is afraid of those who are all around, in parks, on roofs, behind corners, in armoured vests, helmets and weapons, ready to shoot?

From: "See What You Made Me Do: The Dangers of Domestic Abuse That We Ignore, Explain Away, or Refuse to See"

Basically, the reason people like hostage takers better than cops is that hostage takers are better people than cops.

SimonChris has a new favorite as of 13:59 on Mar 22, 2021

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

These posts have me lolin' in ways I don't even understand, thank you

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

I honestly can't tell if you're agreeing with me or not, but the point is that when it came out that the hostages saw their captors as complex human beings and the police as an, at best, uncaring brute force instrument that would probably do more harm than good, the official response was "Well I guess they're just crazy then".

SimonChris posted:

From: "See What You Made Me Do: The Dangers of Domestic Abuse That We Ignore, Explain Away, or Refuse to See"

Basically, the reason people like hostage takers better than cops is that hostage takers are better people than cops.
e: yeah there we go, thanks. I went looking but couldn't find it.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Splicer posted:

I honestly can't tell if you're agreeing with me or not, but the point is that when it came out that the hostages saw their captors as complex human beings and the police as an, at best, uncaring brute force instrument that would probably do more harm than good, the official response was "Well I guess they're just crazy then".

e: yeah there we go, thanks. I went looking but couldn't find it.

What I found funny (and I'm not dragging you, I just thought the juxtaposition was funny) was a fellow regular of a closed system where the official leadership- as well as prominent community members- regularly get outed as predators Well Actuallying the concept of being brainwashed to love and support your captors.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

What I found funny (and I'm not dragging you, I just thought the juxtaposition was funny) was a fellow regular of a closed system where the official leadership- as well as prominent community members- regularly get outed as predators Well Actuallying the concept of being brainwashed to love and support your captors.
I think you're confused as to who the police in your analogy are.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Splicer posted:

I think you're confused as to who the police in your analogy are.

Please be at peace.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Please be at peace.
Well now I'm very confused, I thought we were having fun times but now I'm furrowing my brow harder than a 70s police psychiatrist considering the concept "person no like cop".

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY2kC5fZG64&t=25s

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Splicer posted:

Well now I'm very confused, I thought we were having fun times but now I'm furrowing my brow harder than a 70s police psychiatrist considering the concept "person no like cop".

its like when someone in a group uses an injoke that only they get but then tries to justify it but no one is any the wiser after the explanation because they won't ever be part of the injoke at the point where it would matter.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Someone should have remembered that quote in 1986.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Regarde Aduck posted:

its like when someone in a group uses an injoke that only they get but then tries to justify it but no one is any the wiser after the explanation because they won't ever be part of the injoke at the point where it would matter.

lol splicer got frankied

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...sco/ar-BB1eILtr

frankee has a new favorite as of 17:06 on Mar 22, 2021

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

You're in too deep Harrison

Trucks with the power of stalactites... STALACTRUCKS!

'Above-walkers all have such strange names,' thought Buttfranklin Buttwhistle.

I fall down holes a lot.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

ChubbyChecker posted:

lol splicer got frankied

I am a high functioning internet man, not a "swirlie" >: (

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
lmfao @ "the main nun building in the area"

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Those are Abbeycourt spoilers!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:rip: to both Jucika and her love life

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

It's for the best Jucika, you don't want to base anything on a play about some emotional teens that kill themselves by mistake.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

SimonChris posted:

Zen Pencils seem to have fixed their archives, so I went and found this old favorite:

Winners throw away their life and marriage to play GoT LARP by themselves in the woods.

So inspirational...

I’m happy to say, after a bit of searching, that the parody still delivers.

Rahonavis has a new favorite as of 22:42 on Mar 22, 2021

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Rahonavis posted:

lmao

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

Fools Infinite posted:

'Above-walkers all have such strange names,' thought Buttfranklin Buttwhistle.

This is always one of my favorite Nedroids and it's so much better in context.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Holy poo poo

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

:eyepop:

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

How does this still keep getting better?

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah

Snake Maze posted:

Looks like we found another hater who can't appreciate true art :smug:

Late to this, but what should have happened after the point where all the art-haters' heads exploded and merged into a singular hate entity is that the heads of all the people who just post mindless "I love your art!" comments exploded and merged into a singular love entity, then #Hate and #Love would have fought for seven days and made love for seven days. And the resulting child entity would have dissolved itself and recreated people's heads, with the only change being that they would have turned into people who can actually formulate constructive and useful criticism.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm just reminded of how Andrew Dobson's crusade against 'haters' ended up backfiring as his fans were all 'Who are these haters you're on about anyway?' and looked them up to find actual criticisms of his work and attitude that led to most of them abandoning him.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Rahonavis posted:

It was sad that hiimdaisy got rid of those old parody comics they did.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

oh my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Mx. posted:

oh my god
:yossame: