Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
ill go ahead and say that everyone whos into poly is a creep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Well anyone who tells you about it, at least. If you and your partner want to have an open relationship go for it, but keep it between y'all. I don't need to know the details about anyone else's love life. If you feel the need to tell everyone how great it is to gently caress a lot of people... yeah you're a creep.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

feel like it's safe to say that almost everyone who coerces their partner into doing things they don't want to do is a creep, poly has little to do with it

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

gently caress sake, I loved Thomas Middleditch especially on cbb too. Feeling pretty bad for Ben Schwartz also.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
This is among the least surprising reveals ever. Dude always seemed creepy when talking about relationships and took a bit too much pleasure in improving people i to areas they were out of character not cool with (like racist stuff).

Still does not change that he is very funny and his shows with Schwartz so good, but there are a lot of comedic fish in the sea.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Yeah it sucks when people whose work you enjoy turn out to be creeps. If he'd just groped someone at a club I think he could believably sell it as a misunderstanding or mistake or whatever and it might blow over (justifiably or not) after an apology, but between the weird interviews and a former co-worker saying "told you so" here, I don't think this is going to blow over real fast.

https://twitter.com/alicewetterlund/status/1373740682536394754

drat, this too:

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Mar 22, 2021

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Just Chamber posted:

gently caress sake, I loved Thomas Middleditch especially on cbb too. Feeling pretty bad for Ben Schwartz also.

I was thinking about Schwartz, too. He and Middleditch have a very long-running show together and I can't imagine how uncomfortable the "Hey, Ben... I was thinking we could do another Middleditch & Schwartz tour—what do you think?"

Especially after hearing Besser press him about being bad at confrontation on I4H.

e: Whoa, to that Reddit post :stare:

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Mar 22, 2021

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

I was thinking about Schwartz, too. He and Middleditch have a very long-running show together and I can't imagine how uncomfortable the "Hey, Ben... I was thinking we could do another Middleditch & Schwartz tour—what do you think?"

Speaking of, Ben Schwartz had that show in his banner image and bio on twitter until a couple days ago and they're both gone now, so yeah, that seems like an indication of which way the wind is blowing on that.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

e: Whoa, to that Reddit post :stare:

This is one of the things I was alluding to with my earlier post about stories from people that worked for/with him.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Here's a tiktok from January making allegations that seem worse than the nightclub groping.

https://www.tiktok.com/@blue.eyed.lou/video/6921850759197756678

Kinda feel like some of his weird interviews might have been trying to get ahead of some poo poo and accidentally just making the inevitable accusations seem super plausible.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I was a big fan of middleditch until he said it was a scary time to be a dude when asked to respond to the tj miller allegations. That was his takeaway from the situation.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Sinteres posted:

Here's a tiktok from January making allegations that seem worse than the nightclub groping.

Kinda feel like some of his weird interviews might have been trying to get ahead of some poo poo and accidentally just making the inevitable accusations seem super plausible.

Nah that playboy interview was a great example of someone who really doesn't think what they're doing is wrong on any level. Just total arrogance.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I hope Scott and these guys keep doing this dumb bit until they're 70. Love it.

Sinteres posted:

What he's saying there just feels like basic smug cynicism, but oof those allegations. Given how corroborated they are at this point, ya get the feeling he lost the thread on understanding consent at some point. The wife stuff already seemed bad, but geez. Feel ok not following his career past this point.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Mar 23, 2021

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Has anyone's RSS feed not been updating the past couple weeks?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

Has anyone's RSS feed not been updating the past couple weeks?

No issues here using this one on android (podcast addict app).

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

My feeds been fine on Overcast

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I needed to delete and re-add to the thing to Feedly, no idea why it was just CBB and not all the other Earwolf shows.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
So according to Lauren on today's Threesome, if you want the hot Scott goss, you have to listen to Kulap's new podcast. Has anyone done that? I don't know if I want to add another podcast.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Fezz posted:

So according to Lauren on today's Threesome

Freudian slip or reference?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Fezz posted:

So according to Lauren on today's Threesome, if you want the hot Scott goss, you have to listen to Kulap's new podcast. Has anyone done that? I don't know if I want to add another podcast.

It's pretty good/fun. Both Kulap and SuChin have some weird habits that they clown on each other for. I'd also say they're both really vulnerable with the poo poo in the world that bothers them which I think is insightful.

That said, both of them make a lot more money than I probably ever will and that can be kinda grating.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Neither, autocorrect.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Fezz posted:

Lemonada apparently has transcripts for each episode.

https://www.lemonadamedia.com/podcast/17-how-we-see-it-ft-women-who-also-have-great-makeup-tips/

I think they would be talking about this - sperm chat

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

GoutPatrol posted:

Lemonada apparently has transcripts for each episode.

https://www.lemonadamedia.com/podcast/17-how-we-see-it-ft-women-who-also-have-great-makeup-tips/

I think they would be talking about this - sperm chat

Weak Seaderman

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

Subtle reference to "The Unicorn"

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Analytic Engine posted:

Weak Seaderman

lol

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

EL BROMANCE posted:

No they straight up gently caress during the episodes now. It started when a threeture went awry but people have really responded to it

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Riptor posted:

No they straight up gently caress during the episodes now. It started when a threeture went awry but people have really responded to it

Notorious Powerbottomman

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Franchescanado posted:

Notorious Powerbottomman

Ebenezer Scrooge?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
The one as big as me!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Guys, i'm worried

Is Dalton Wilcox going to be okay?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
When was Dalton Wilcox "okay," exactly?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

A goddamn cliffhanger :stare:

also, kudos to daly for keeping all those balls in the air

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Eat This Glob posted:

A goddamn cliffhanger :stare:

also, kudos to daly for keeping all those balls in the air

I laughed when Jason stopped Scott from trying to catch everyone up. "Let them talk amongst themselves."

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sounds like it’s a great episode, and getting vibes similar to when Doug Benson booked 3 PFT characters in order to beat up on Chris Hardwick for an episode to deny him a continued Leonard Martin Game streak.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

#TheMarinerIsAPissFreak

Only halfway through the episode, but I've already burst out laughing twice, first from Scott's enthusiasm at the Scrooge Gang, and second at Jason's discovery of Grizzle.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I had previously said that the new Closing the Plug Bag theme couldn't be salvaged, but I'm willing to take it back and say the remix on episode 699 rules, and I think the one on 696 (if I remember correctly) was very good too .

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
The 2020-Jason-loses-his-mind remix always made me laugh

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Scrooge Gang worked too well

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Fantastic timing with the last ep.