Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

The SF30 works as a complete controller replacement. You can even play BOTW with it and it has a tilt sensor and everything.

Just get an SF30.

I'm 99% sure the only difference between the SN30 and SF30 is which country's button colors are used for the controller.

edit: Both have a pro version, the pro has vibrate and gryo according to 8bit's site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
has anyone preordered from xseed before? i know they ship depending on how close to a warehouse you are but ive received literally no notice since a verification two weeks ago. the game comes out tomorrow and if they havent even shipped it then im probs not getting it right?

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

pixaal posted:

I'm 99% sure the only difference between the SN30 and SF30 is which country's button colors are used for the controller.

edit: Both have a pro version, the pro has vibrate and gryo according to 8bit's site.
Yep

SN30/SF30: it's the SNES (or SFC) controller. It's good but if you want "just a SNES controller but wireless" you might as well get the official Nintendo Online one
SN30 Pro: it's the SNES controller with thumbsticks tacked on, plus rumble and gyro and a full set of triggers/bumpers to make it a feature-complete Switch controller*
SN30 Pro+: all of the above plus larger handgrips (so it's now the SNES button layout but not the same shape) and programmable buttons
SN30 Pro 2: all of the above but with more bells and whistles I guess?

* except for amiibo support and the fact that it can't wake your Switch up from sleep

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I genuinely think the Nintendo Online SNES controller has an excellent d-pad but I did grow up with the thing. Works for all games that don't require joysticks too!
I want one of those but they're never in stock. Make more Nintendo! :argh:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
So actually getting Diablo 3 couch coop going with a digital copy was a little weird, if the console you're playing on isn't the primary console for the account that owns Diablo, the second player can't save any characters or anything. Once I figured that out it was smooth sailing though, the cool thing is each profile gets their own seasonal rewards even without a Nintendo online sub for it as long as the main account has a sub

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I thought difference between the SF and SN models was the presence of the analog sticks? I'm wrong all the time though.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

I thought difference between the SF and SN models was the presence of the analog sticks? I'm wrong all the time though.

SN and SF denotes which color scheme the face buttons use (SNES or Super Famicom)

I have the stickless SN30 for my SNES Classic.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Mar 22, 2021

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Lmao that's so weird. Okay now I know.

Seriously just get an 8bitdo with analog sticks. They do not get in the way at all and it's nice to just have them if you switch to a game that needs it.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

No that's the 'pro' part in the name

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Lmao that's so weird. Okay now I know.

Seriously just get an 8bitdo with analog sticks. They do not get in the way at all and it's nice to just have them if you switch to a game that needs it.

Wasn't interested; I don't use my phone or ancient mac mini for gaming. v:geno:v

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Mister Facetious posted:

Wasn't interested; I don't use my phone or ancient mac mini for gaming. v:geno:v

I don't think they meant that, but more "can literally play any and all switch games that work with a regular pro controller".

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

My brother already bought me a protroller for my birthday four years ago :toot:

And it actually has the sticks in the right place :can:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 22, 2021

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
someday I'll buy the Pro2 (the only reason I'm not Right Now is because I've already pre-ordered the MH Rise pro controller after my old one died) and I'm hoping I can transplant the SN buttons into it

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Bleck posted:

someday I'll buy the Pro2 (the only reason I'm not Right Now is because I've already pre-ordered the MH Rise pro controller after my old one died) and I'm hoping I can transplant the SN buttons into it

Please post pics if you do, that'd be a cool project.

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

Does Nintendo do free joycon repairs for something that isn't drift? The R button on my right one isn't working properly (sometimes won't respond or will double tap) and it's driving me up a wall.

Annoyingly also makes this the 3rd issue I've had with the set that came with my Switch.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Just say you have drift and send it in. 80% chance you'll get brand new joy cons.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

American McGay posted:

Just say you have drift and send it in. 80% chance you'll get brand new joy cons.

they definitely didn't send back the same right one i sent them. mine had a ding on it from when my friend was drunk playing mario party and got REAL mad at the joycon disconnecting and started to just flail her arm.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I asked but one more time (RIP Daft Punk): has anyone used any PlayStation Project Diva controllers on the Switch, if so which one and did it work well?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Does anybody know how to turn off the DLC for Battle Brothers? They have little pictures to show you what you do and do not have on the main menu but they just open up the eshop links like you want download them. I don't think there is a button to turn them off in game so would you just have to uninstall and reinstall as you go along?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

https://clips.twitch.tv/BelovedHilariousJaguarPipeHype-8ECkDBGj7Larm7oM

i'm gonna super miss the stupid game when it's gone :smith:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

It's so fun. I've never even gotten that deep into a match because I suck and typically play when I'm already pasted but it's seriously stupid fun.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I can't believe Mario is gonna die in about a week.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

It's so fun. I've never even gotten that deep into a match because I suck and typically play when I'm already pasted but it's seriously stupid fun.

there's a fairly large group of us on twitch who coordinate to play together and we're all bummed that we won't be able to do that soon

i'm mid-tier in skill, some of the dudes i play with are on a totally other level that i can't really comprehend. like, some are well over 600 wins and well over 70% win rate, making my 200-something wins and 55% win rate look quaint.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Mar 23, 2021

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

I can't believe Mario is gonna die in about a week.

Nah, he's just metamorphosing into a trio of low-effort $40 ports

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

there's a fairly large group of us on twitch who coordinate to play together and we're all bummed that we won't be able to do that soon

i'm mid-tier in skill, some of the dudes i play with are on a totally other level that i can't really comprehend. like, some are well over 600 wins and well over 70% win rate, making my 200-something wins and 55% win rate look quaint.

I wondered how people coordinated matches. That's cool! I just like playing with random people in Japan at 4 AM west coast time.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Nah, he's just metamorphosing into a trio of low-effort $40 ports

:ok:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I wondered how people coordinated matches. That's cool! I just like playing with random people in Japan at 4 AM west coast time.

we use time.is, the streamer calls out a minute and second and we all look for a match right then.

there are huge japanese lobbies on the weekend that do this, good luck in them though. i can't even finish top-20 in those most of the time. a hell of a thing to watch, at least.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

For anyone looking for a third party joycon, personally I’ve found my favorite. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newegg.com/amp/p/3B3-0076-00003. The GameCube style buttons are weird on some games and some people don’t like the clicky action, others complain about almost everything else about them, but for me they are comfortable to hold without needing a grip and I think they just look cool. I even like the dpad. I have two Switches and this is my go to on my second one. My go to on my first is a ridiculously overpriced pair I bout from Etsy where someone changed out the case for a dpad case, but I think if I had these first I wouldn’t have bothered. Gyro works, but the rumble is that strong as hell non hd rumble.

Edit: link may not be working. It’s the Sade’s brand GameCube ones. https://www.amazon.com/Controller-Nintendo-Wireless-Compatible-Replacement-DS/dp/B0822CT39J

loudog999 fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Mar 23, 2021

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

flavor.flv posted:

I like the n30 pro for 2d games and as an extra smash bros controller. It's cheap, thin and light. No rumble or gyro though

Apparently the n30 pro is getting a "2" with motion controls, rumble, usb-c, and turbo!

Blotto_Otter posted:

Yep

SN30/SF30: it's the SNES (or SFC) controller. It's good but if you want "just a SNES controller but wireless" you might as well get the official Nintendo Online one
SN30 Pro: it's the SNES controller with thumbsticks tacked on, plus rumble and gyro and a full set of triggers/bumpers to make it a feature-complete Switch controller*
SN30 Pro+: all of the above plus larger handgrips (so it's now the SNES button layout but not the same shape) and programmable buttons
SN30 Pro 2: all of the above but with more bells and whistles I guess?

* except for amiibo support and the fact that it can't wake your Switch up from sleep

The SN30 Pro 2 also has two back buttons, three profiles with a button two switch between them, and a physical switch for the connection mode!

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
:bisonyes:

https://twitter.com/6d6f636869/status/1374255399004561413

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

https://twitter.com/6d6f636869/status/1374255400325844994

$400.

Would I be dumb to think that Nintendo is pulling a Gameboy Color with this? Like essentially have this be both a new system and a revision at the same time?

boz
Oct 16, 2005

punk rebel ecks posted:

$400.

Would I be dumb to think that Nintendo is pulling a Gameboy Color with this? Like essentially have this be both a new system and a revision at the same time?

They've done it before with, like you mentioned, Gameboy Color, and the New 3DS.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

boz posted:

They've done it before with, like you mentioned, Gameboy Color, and the New 3DS.

With the sole exception of Xenoblade Chronciles, the 3DS didn't have any exclusive games for it. In contrast the Gameboy Color had an entire system library that wouldn't run on the Gameboy.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

That's not true, there were like a half dozen exclusives for it. And also a whole lot of games that just run dramatically better on the New. It was a pretty substantial upgrade

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

homeless snail posted:

That's not true, there were like a half dozen exclusives for it. And also a whole lot of games that just run dramatically better on the New. It was a pretty substantial upgrade

My point wasn't that the New 3DS wasn't a substantial upgrade, but that the Gameboy Color was not only a major upgrade but managed to get an entire new library as the system eventually replaced the original Gameboy. Almost all 3DS game released after the New 3DS played on an OG 3DS.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

punk rebel ecks posted:

$400.

I would be surprised if it is not $400. Component prices are insane right now, I think both MS and Sony probably really regret setting the prices of their consoles at $500 (They instantly sell out and scalpers are making $700+ easy) videogame spending is through the roof and the 4 year old switch is selling out at $300

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I would be surprised if it is not $400. Component prices are insane right now, I think both MS and Sony probably really regret setting the prices of their consoles at $500 (They instantly sell out and scalpers are making $700+ easy) videogame spending is through the roof and the 4 year old switch is selling out at $300

The Series S is only $300* though, the same as the Switch is now.

* MSRP

I'd probably pay it, but only because I'm done with Sony/Microsoft.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

punk rebel ecks posted:

My point wasn't that the New 3DS wasn't a substantial upgrade, but that the Gameboy Color was not only a major upgrade but managed to get an entire new library as the system eventually replaced the original Gameboy. Almost all 3DS game released after the New 3DS played on an OG 3DS.
There's still going to be the original Switch and Switch Lite so I could see a full transition taking a while, barring the new guts going in all the systems across the board immediately (with the big one being a Switch XL or something), but that seems really unlikely any time soon with the current state of chip production.

I think a wild card is third parties, particularly cause they're porting from higher spec machines. In theory it'll be a lot easier to port to the new Switch, vs like, always needing to rely on Panic Button to pull off miraculous ports.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

punk rebel ecks posted:

The Gameboy Color then could really just be argued to be a whole new system that had backwards compatibility, like the Wii -> WiiU or the PS4 -> PS5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

The Series S is only $300* though, the same as the Switch is now.

* MSRP

I'd probably pay it, but only because I'm done with Sony/Microsoft.

I could see myself getting a PS4 to play some From Software games and Rockstar stuff assuming the framerates are fine and I get the system for less than 200 euro. If I could get the whole package at that price, that'd be cool.

Though I have a ton of games on my wishlist, my actual backlog is nearly wiped clean and I have a pretty good road-map of what I'm going to be playing on my Switch through the summer, which is nice.

I started Pikmin 3 and I love it. I'm only on Day 2, so nothing super scary yet, but I like what it's done with combat. The lock-on is a bit too simplistic and you really seem to have a truly rock/paper/scissors thing going on, but I'll see what happens with the first boss. I don't doubt I'll restart that day a few times.

Actually I also love how easy it is to restart a day. Each time it gets easier and you really see yourself streamlining things.

I also think I can beat Necrodancer soon, if I don't end up gaming it so I can guarantee a ranged weapon and nothing else. After that I, assuming it's d-pad only, I'll try to give Rain World another fair shake and then I can finally start either SaGa Grace if I don't get Ori(s) instead. I've been wanting another Metroidvania and it feels silly to replay Hollow Knight.

This system of 1 tabletop/docked game to truck through (with a pro controller) and one handheld game that is d-pad friendly, has worked out for me very well. And it conserves my lovely joy-cons!