Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Grimdude posted:

I mean, I've had cancer as well as student loan debt and yes I'd be thrilled to have either one covered completely.

My thoughts as an actual cancer survivor often fall on deaf ears though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

Hobnob posted:

Makes me wonder, is there an official star layout for a 52-state flag yet? At some point we're bound to get DC and PR. Some of the historical flags are very awkward looking.

It would be 8 rows, rotating between 7 one row and 6 on the next, to get to 52.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
But that would necessitate putting the uneven edges on the top and bottom which would mean that I would notice the change and that means it is unacceptable. gently caress you, PR and DC.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Puerto Rico's PDP design suggestion is pretty good imo

It's a 51 star flag but I bet you could come up with a pleasing 52-star circular arrangement

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Just have one star loving another star and explain it that eventually they'll give birth to 50 more stars, also freedom

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

DarkHorse posted:

The current one is a pretty clever superposition of a 5x6 and 4x5 grid to get 30+20

I dunno what combinations would get you to 52 with an aesthetically pleasing pattern

28 + 24 would be 4x7 and 4x6 (or 3x8, but that's not a great aspect ratio)

27 + 25 doesn't work great as 3x9 and 5x5

30 + 22 is rough, and 29 + 23 is doubly prime

You could also do four rows of 13, which has the benefit of the original 13 colonies again but the aspect ratio isn't great

Trick question, it's actually completely impossible to change the US flag now because conservatives would blow a gasket and claim such a thing is sacrilege and making GBS threads on the graves of the troops and go against the intentions of the founding fathers or whatever dumb bullshit.

Also see constitutional conventions or basically just the government doing anything at all that would make a shred of sense.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Can't wait for the rest of your parents to join my father in death.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

VideoTapir posted:

But that would necessitate putting the uneven edges on the top and bottom which would mean that I would notice the change and that means it is unacceptable. gently caress you, PR and DC.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

BiggerBoat posted:

That's true but they don't typically use it to deride Asian people for some reason. They seem to reserve it for "the darker the skin color, the lazier they are", which I'd honestly never really thought about but GTFO either way with that poo poo anyway. The black and Hispanic coworkers I know who work thankless labor bust their loving asses at thankless tasks.

Remember, they're simultaneously lazy drains on welfare and invaders stealing all the jobs.

I had always assumed this was a guy reuniting with his girlfriend after being stationed apart, and I was so disappointed when I learned the truth.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I refuse to take it for granted that Puerto Rico should be added as only one state. It's over five Wyomings.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I refuse to take it for granted that Puerto Rico should be added as only one state. It's over five Wyomings.

Yeah but how many of them are white? Checkmate liberals.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

WTF is this poo poo

Also I'll bet you like vertical videos.

It's all just making GBS threads on a turd.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Mildly triggered by the choice of UNAFRAID instead of UNCOWED for consistency.

Also :thumbsup: at these guys being proud of not meeting their own immigration standards.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

VideoTapir posted:

WTF is this poo poo

Also I'll bet you like vertical videos.

It's all just making GBS threads on a turd.

Better than the 45 star flag.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

DarkHorse posted:

The current one is a pretty clever superposition of a 5x6 and 4x5 grid to get 30+20

I dunno what combinations would get you to 52 with an aesthetically pleasing pattern

28 + 24 would be 4x7 and 4x6 (or 3x8, but that's not a great aspect ratio)

27 + 25 doesn't work great as 3x9 and 5x5

30 + 22 is rough, and 29 + 23 is doubly prime

You could also do four rows of 13, which has the benefit of the original 13 colonies again but the aspect ratio isn't great

I've seen mockups of both a 51 and 52 star flag. If you weren't paying close attention you wouldn't notice a difference between them and the current one.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Mar 23, 2021

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
It's gotta be said the US flag just absolutely shits on all the original rules of heraldry in ways that almost make it seem deliberate. About the only excesses it doesn't commit are including writing on it and pictures/objects

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I kind of like that it's different.

But your comment reminded me of the best flag in the world.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Y'all haven't seen Milwaukee's flag have you

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

AFewBricksShy posted:

I kind of like that it's different.

But your comment reminded me of the best flag in the world.

The TM is what sells it IMO

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCJ4tgpwYuU
Ted on TED action.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Unloved
Unthinking
Uneducated
Unemployed
Uncaring
Uninsured
Unbearable

Soon to be Unliving

AFewBricksShy posted:

I've seen mockups of both a 51 and 52 star flag. If you weren't paying close attention you wouldn't notice a difference between them and the current one.

No, but you see, things are never allowed to evolve or change. That's what conservatism is all about, god dammit. Best to check your head, commie. I believe you'll find that the United States flag has never changed since Betsy Ross was ordained by Jesus Christ himself to sew it.

Why, if we just added states to the union all willy nilly, then where would our flag be, huh? I'll tell you where.

Un-American.

Next thing you know, some rear end in a top hat will write a "new" testament to the word of god for cryin the gently caress out loud.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 23, 2021

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

But they shot Koresh before he could write a book. Mission accomplished?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
America was perfect in the past that never existed. The flag is perfect as it is because it is the only flag I remember. The perfect America died at the end of the 50s and was crystallized into the perfect flag. Abandoning that flag is abandoning the dream of an America before subversive elements started changing things. In the 50s.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

VideoTapir posted:

America was perfect in the past that never existed. The flag is perfect as it is because it is the only flag I remember. The perfect America died at the end of the 50s and was crystallized into the perfect flag. Abandoning that flag is abandoning the dream of an America before subversive elements started changing things. In the 50s.

But not the '50s tax rates because I wasn't old enough or even born to think about those

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

AFewBricksShy posted:

Haha you think people can even count past twelve? :downsgun:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
So FYI it's HR51 to add DC as a state. Which is just good branding. They did it last session too.
Perto Rico does not have HR52

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Who needs a switchflipper when you can just keep everything switched to ON?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"Republican Gov. DeSantis is taking credit as Florida booms a year into pandemic - CNNPolitics"

one rear end in a top hat posted:

They certainly lean "hard left" -- yet amazingly they were willing to admit to a fact that holds up. Maybe it is a sign that they are not willing to "go down with the ship" when it comes to their past pattern of siding with Cuomo.

another rear end in a top hat posted:

I agree. It's odd for CNN to tell the truth, let alone promote conservatives. We must be in a different timeline (as the conspiracy theorists would say). :p

I just hope this busts the whole farce wide open and we can get some semblance of normalcy back.

gently caress you very much, CNN, for fawning coverage that gives these assholes reason to gloat.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Point out that this would just mean Nancy Pelosi becomes President. When they walk back on the meme, ask them why if they love America so much how is it that they don't understand the most basic structure of our government. And then tell them maybe America would be better off if they were the ones on a boat that sank.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

tek79 posted:

Point out that this would just mean Nancy Pelosi becomes President. When they walk back on the meme, ask them why if they love America so much how is it that they don't understand the most basic structure of our government. And then tell them maybe America would be better off if they were the ones on a boat that sank.

I would just tell them I didn't consent to watching them jerk off.

Jurgan fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Mar 25, 2021

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

My dad keeps sending me Barri Weiss and Max Boot substack columns and I don’t have the patience to read this garbage and tell him why they’re morons

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just tell him substack sucks, because it does. If they're not gonna do poo poo about Lineham, then it's trash.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Jurgan posted:

I would just tell them I didn't consent to watching them jerk off.

Well done.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Hey Google, what is cognitive dissonance?

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
Shame they didn't just die tbh

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Nursing homes should have been on 100% lockdown, with staff imprisoned there. Their little kids would understand. No doctor visits or anything for a year, residents who died during that time would be cremated in the backyard.

Sounds reasonable!

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

It's my neighbor. I keep an eye on her because she is crazy. :ssh:

I am pretty sure she caught it on January 6th in DC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Nenonen posted:

Nursing homes should have been on 100% lockdown, with staff imprisoned there. Their little kids would understand. No doctor visits or anything for a year, residents who died during that time would be cremated in the backyard.

Sounds reasonable!

If it had been done right, it would have been for 2 months.