Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

I wish I could Sophie, but everyone I follow seems to being Snyderpilled

:sickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

having a hearty chuckle at all these poor souls who sincerely thought Hbomberguy would be poo poo-talking Zack Snyder's Justice League

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
Yhara zayd - There's Something About Cherry...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSAgIfcj-K0

Game Maker's Toolkit - How to Become a Game Designer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMXf0e8n2Oc

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

That Chills guy has an incredibly punchable voice.

The fact it's an act just makes me angrier for the fact it netted this guy a youtube career.

Also I think Quinton missed the amazing troll of Chills' "alternate explanation" always being even dumber than the original theory to further infuriate people.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

You can easily excise about forty minutes just by removing the content that does nothing but set up the next movie that 100% isn't happening anymore, and then probably another twenty by trimming down the amount of time they spend discussing why and how to bring Superman back alive.

i watched an hour and then gave up because it felt like it introduced every character and the premise of the movie at least three times

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/theymerSophie/status/1374164641006374914
I wish I could Sophie, but everyone I follow seems to being Snyderpilled

Because the movie is great

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Also Hbomb has always been snyderpilled. I argued with him about the movies back in the day. He's been a fan since mos.

Also lol at someone getting so uptight over liking a movie they have to mute,

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Wasn't there some kind of conspiracy that the Sonic movie design team made the Trailer Sonic look as grotesque as they could get away with in order to specifically inspire fan outrage to help them leverage Paramount into approving the Sonic design they wanted to go with all along but were stymied into shelving by executive malfeasance? Or was that just more QAnon, But For Movies bullshit?

I don't even think it warrants being called a conspiracy theory rather than just being really cynical about marketing to believe that they did that intentionally.

Disney, Star Wars and Marvel have shown us time and time again that you don't have to be a 15th level intellect to be making a movie these days.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CelticPredator posted:

Also Hbomb has always been snyderpilled. I argued with him about the movies back in the day. He's been a fan since mos.

I'm pretty sure they're joking but I guess you could do this

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ive been reading his replies and these people are not joking.

So yes I guess i can, and will do this.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i don't blame someone for being a little sus over it, isn't snyder also some sort of hardcore libertarian type

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

No.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Farg posted:

i don't blame someone for being a little sus over it, isn't snyder also some sort of hardcore libertarian type

Oh yeah totally.

He built the infinite energy generator from Atlas Shrugged and we just got South Korea hooked up to the grid in like mid 2019.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Farg posted:

didn't you already ask that question

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

CelticPredator posted:

Oh yeah I wasn't that surprised, just tired because I see guys like Bryan from Street Fight, various other left accounts I follow; I admit I'm just being bitter because everyone I care about calls my superhero movies souless corporates monstrocities that serve as propaganda for the MIC; while people seem to pretend that DC/WB is the opposite of that

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Augus posted:

didn't you already ask that question

sexpig by night posted:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Farg posted:

lmao

achillesforever6 posted:

Oh yeah I wasn't that surprised, just tired because I see guys like Bryan from Street Fight, various other left accounts I follow; I admit I'm just being bitter because everyone I care about calls my superhero movies souless corporates monstrocities that serve as propaganda for the MIC; while people seem to pretend that DC/WB is the opposite of that

they are literally CIA propaganda movies

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

A film series that ends with the altruistic superhero breaking the neck of a fascist in the first installment is fascist.
A film where a superhero hacks into a bank to give a ton of money to a poor single mom is actually pro Ayn Rand.
These are facts people!!!!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
i am about half way though snyder cut with a friend and its fun, its not some greatest thing ever or whatever but its alot less weird and dumb than man of steel. it feels like a goodish marvel movie mixed with kinda of miniseries vibe, which is ok.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I will watch the Snyder cut and my take will become the official thread take. All deviation will be punished.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Junpei Hyde posted:

I will watch the Snyder cut and my take will become the official thread take. All deviation will be punished.

Watch Man of Steel and the ultimate edition of Batman V Superman first to get the full experence

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Jamie Faith posted:

Watch Man of Steel and the ultimate edition of Batman V Superman first to get the full experence

I already watch Man of Steel. Some of the fight scenes are cool, and Henry Cavill is a good Jersey lad.

The zod neck snap is kinda dumb imo but I have very particular Superman opinions.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Four hours is too many for a movie if it was originally filmed in English and is not on at least one syllabus at USC.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Fwiw I do sincerely hope I like Snyderleague

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

sexpig by night posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/theymerSophie/status/1374182312468959233
They aren’t.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Shoah but its about Plastic Man

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

The REAL Goobusters posted:

they are literally CIA propaganda movies
Every Hollywood movie is CIA Psyop at this point if the metric is "The DOD funds the movie" no kid is going to grow up wanting to be a CIA ghoul because of Black Panther. They will find themselves helping the CIA/DOD in other ways like going into computer engineering where the project is "Program a way to Santa to deliver christmas gifts more accurately" which is the data is then given to the DOD to use to optimize drones. (Carnegie Mellon University has done this and it's no wonder they get a ton of money from the military)

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Batman Alexanderplatz

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

Junpei Hyde posted:

Prediction: "It's fine"

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

BFC posted:

Such a controversial statement would have the potential to rend this forum thread in two.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

just judging from the bank scene you could shorten the Snyder cut by an hour just by un-slow-moing the slow-mo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BFC posted:

When's the last time a movie was fantastic? I don't see many so I'm still assuming that's Mad Max: Fury Road.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

The big kickass moment of the first half of Iron man one is him going to the middle east and blowing up some terrorists, the MCU loves its drones and BP was a big sloppy to the CIA

Meanwhile in the Snyderman films the military are bombing its own people, Superman loving hates drones, billionaires are evil dipshits and the CIA is in league with the bad guys

Also who can forget the loving Northrop Grumman tie in to Avengers?

No one is pretending here, least of all Marvel

Regarding the runtime, Snyder probably could have easily cut it down by like 30 minutes, but this was his final DC film, of course he was gonna throw the kitchen sink at it. His theatrical cut would obviously have been more...heh... conservative

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

When's the last time a movie was fantastic? I don't see many so I'm still assuming that's Mad Max: Fury Road.

Bodied.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Blade Runner 2049.

Fury Road came out almost six years ago holy crap.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

I say this as genuinely and as non-judgmentally as I possibly can: Please watch something other than blockbusters. Tons of really great movies fly under the radar because they lack a big enough marketing budget.

For a good place to start tho, Sorry to Bother You is drat good.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BFC posted:

I say this as genuinely and as non-judgmentally as I possibly can: Please watch something other than blockbusters. Tons of really great movies fly under the radar because they lack a big enough marketing budget.

For a good place to start tho, Sorry to Bother You is drat good.

I saw Sorry to Bother You already, I thought it was okay. I was mostly just asking because I have no idea what people consider incredible movies and I'm so out the loop that Mad Max is the last one I can think of off the top of my head.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

nine-gear crow posted:

Wasn't there some kind of conspiracy that the Sonic movie design team made the Trailer Sonic look as grotesque as they could get away with in order to specifically inspire fan outrage to help them leverage Paramount into approving the Sonic design they wanted to go with all along but were stymied into shelving by executive malfeasance? Or was that just more QAnon, But For Movies bullshit?

People who thought the first Sonic model used for the movie was a 4D chess move to get a better one are clearly teens that don't understand that movie studios and executives have almost always been bad with understanding how to do videogame movies and are in completely separate bubbles from fans when it comes to fanservice.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

tired: zack snyder is an objectivist because he wants to adapt the fountainhead

wired: zack snyder is an objectivist because his films feature prominent Sears advertisements, a company famous for being run using objectivist principles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

I saw Sorry to Bother You already, I thought it was okay. I was mostly just asking because I have no idea what people consider incredible movies and I'm so out the loop that Mad Max is the last one I can think of off the top of my head.
A lot of the most well known movies that have come out were controversial to one degree or another but I'd say Get Out is a safe bet for a wildly accepted incredible movie. Ari Aster has only made hits. The John Wick movies are juggernauts. Knives Out managed to turn people completely against Rian Johnson, for good reasons and otherwise, in his favor. No one but some hardcore book fans complain about the Martian... yeah anything else that's super well regarded across the board I haven't seen.