Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

A Bad Poster posted:

You guys aren't thinking 4th dimensionally. You don't need to rename the bases if you cut the military budget and close them. Two birds with one stone.

Turn them into gravel lots like the Germans did the SS headquarters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lol if you think the military budget is ever getting cut.

Maybe the only decent thing about being a vet is you're in a heavily pandered to voting bloc. Granted, the numbers aren't huge, but there's enough to sway elections.

Also with China having its' new navy, we're falling behind on ships and space laser microchip tracking viruses, military spending is never gonna stop, never take a noteworthy cut, until this country is burning flags for fuel.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Turn them into gravel lots like the Germans did the SS headquarters

Hood Crater

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

10 dead, suspect in custody.... Man the police are really not doing themselves any favor in the PR department. Can't even kill everyone equally when it's in their best interest.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
he was just having a bad day you see

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

ded posted:

Killed a cop doing his job, think that qualifies as super-duper bad day.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm a military historian, it's my job to care about bullshit like this.

We can't all be middle school cool kids who don't care about anything because it's all bullshit.

gently caress you dad!!!

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

ded posted:

he jus misunderstood

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/michaelwhitney/status/1374171057783980032

Tweet headline is accurate. Dude ran three NGB vans off the road and held 11 guardsmen at gunpoint.

The booking photo is just literally just Saddam Hussein.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Two officers arrived to find the uniformed National Guard soldiers and Harris, who they arrested “without further incident.”

Shocker.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

C.M. Kruger posted:

The booking photo is just literally just Saddam Hussein.

Is that really the booking photo?!? Jesus, that guy is rough.

Also, he doesn't look like the guy with the bloody leg they had in cuffs. Or his is and the angle I saw did not do his glorious mane justice.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
AstraZenica, the company, really seems to loving suck.

https://twitter.com/jbarro/status/1374330414706393104?s=19

The vaccine board is like "hey, your loving press release is wrong, you idiots" and this is the second time they've hosed up really bad.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

A-Z even had a couple of minutes in a John Oliver bit a few years ago. I think I said it in December or so, but was fully prepared to hear a whole ton of despicable poo poo come out of these giant pharma distributors in addition to "just" unfettered capitalist bullshit.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Also, Germany is going into hard lockdown on April 1st over easter.
That'll show this pandemic.

But worry not: 222k doses administered yesterday

(:()

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

ASAPI posted:

Is that really the booking photo?!? Jesus, that guy is rough.

Also, he doesn't look like the guy with the bloody leg they had in cuffs. Or his is and the angle I saw did not do his glorious mane justice.

Saddam is the guy that stopped and shot at the national guard vans with vaccines in Texas Arizona, I believe.

Dude with the bloody leg was Colorado supermarket shooter.

e: corrected Saddam's location.

e2: It did happen in Texas - dude was just from AZ.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Mar 23, 2021

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Cases are spiking hard in my Canadian town right now and doses are still coming at a tiny trickle. God knows if Doug Ford will even manage to put us back in lockdown again now that the 3rd wave is here.

I just want to say that I fully feel and relate to your frustration.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

America should be in lockdown, but we're aiming to create a vaccine-proof variant as fast as possible.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

we've had 20 cases in my factory this week and it's fuckin tuesday morning

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

These 4 counties are definitive chud country, but there are vaccines available so come and loving get them.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/coronavirus/article250122314.html

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Saddam is the guy that stopped and shot at the national guard vans with vaccines in Texas Arizona, I believe.

Dude with the bloody leg was Colorado supermarket shooter.

e: corrected Saddam's location.

Ah, makes more sense now.

I thought Saddam was grocery shooter and started questioning my recollection of events last night.

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
https://www.theonion.com/what-to-know-about-the-atlanta-spa-killings-1846508505

quote:

Q: How many mass shootings have happened this year?
A: Officials don’t know but can assure the public that there are more to come.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/BillKristol/sta...ingawful.com%2F

(as soon as it's free)

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

lol, Alberta would become a US state well before Cuba ever would.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Jesus loving christ, just name the bases after generic boot camp platoon mascot guidon poo poo. Just call poo poo Fort Thunder or Camp Lightning.

If you're gonna name a base after someone, I'd rather it be someone enlisted that gave 3 mens worth of effort than some rear end in a top hat officer general for pushing tin soldiers on a table.

Fort Thunderjug

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
Camp Chowdown

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Well yeah a 150 years ago making the whole of North America the United States with free movement from border state of Panama to frozen useless tundra wastelands of the state of North-Northern Nebraska would have done wonders for shortening our borders. Have the whole Caribbean be one state with islands as congressional districts.

However we would have hosed it all and made things possibly worse so it's just as well.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Kristol is just a Boomer who grew up seeing the twinkle in his parents' eyes about the wanton debauchery they used to get up to in pre-Castro Cuba and like every Boomer, is pissed that HE didn't get to do that stuff too. :cry:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

haha he thinks Cubans would vote the same way as Cuban expats

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Sacrist65 posted:

Camp Chowdown

Where 92G is trained in the ways of the omelette.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

shame on an IGA posted:

haha he thinks Cubans would vote the same way as Cuban expats

Good let him.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

It's wild that only four months ago, liberals thought they had to save the post office.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/slower-service-higher-prices-postmaster-general-louis-dejoy-unveils-10-n1261821

quote:

Postmaster General Louis DeJoy unveiled his 10-year strategic plan for the cash-strapped U.S. Postal Service on Tuesday, which includes higher postage rates, some slower service and reduced post office hours aimed at cutting red ink.

“The need for the U.S. Postal Service to transform to meet the needs of our customers is long overdue,” DeJoy said in a presentation of the plan online with other postal officials. DeJoy said unless changes are made soon, the postal service stands to lose $160 billion over the next decade.

See also: kids in cages

Standing by to learn why actually having the house senate and presidency leaves the Dems powerless to make any of this better.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Seems like we’re going to get 3-4 weeks of gun control stuff.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Made a mistake and listened to the Family Radio christian station while I was running errands today. Their hot take was the "mainstream media" is putting out stories that the Atlanta killings were racially motivated when the shooter's stated reason was he was a sex addict and the massage parlors were tempting him.

The radio show didn't really seem to have a point, other than being a group of Southern white men yakking about how racism isn't real, which I'm sure reinforces the biases of those that listen to the station. And somehow the Boulder shooter having a Middle Eastern sounding name means that racism isn't real as well.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Well, the Senate won't get anything past the filibuster, so nothing is going to change.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Best Friends posted:

Standing by to learn why actually having the house senate and presidency leaves the Dems powerless to make any of this better.

Republicans are worse therefore Dems better no matter what the end :)

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Best Friends posted:

DeJoy is gone as soon as the Senate approves Biden's Board of Governors nominees that he sent to the Senate in late February. The Senate is being slow, because they're the stupid Senate.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

MazelTovCocktail posted:

RIP Democratic control of the legislature, we hardly knew ye

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

MazelTovCocktail posted:

One minute mourning the dead, two minutes spent fellating law enforcement, and the rest spent making GBS threads on guns despite confessing to no knowledge of what weapons the shooter used.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The shooter was a young Muslim. We're going to hear a lot of horrible poo poo for quite a while.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I really hope they don’t bring back that god loving awful proposal to make it illegal for people on the terrorism watch list to buy guns. Doubling down on one of the worst excesses of the GWOT and then getting sulky when people point out what a civil liberties nightmare it would be is not a good look for what passes for our “progressive” party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

DeJoy is gone as soon as the Senate approves Biden's Board of Governors nominees that he sent to the Senate in late February. The Senate is being slow, because they're the stupid Senate.

That would be nice. I'm very skeptical any of the actual policies will get reversed though, as much like with immigration, Trump's policies were more an acceleration of Obama policies than a new direction.