Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

lmao I thought he was either gonna be antivax or trying to get himself a jab but no

surprise twist

Honestly I think the American right winger’s brain is such a weird slurry at this point that every possible motivation is both present and absent at any given second, and only really solidifies when it’s time to explain to the cops why it is that they’re talking to you. I would wager that a clean half dozen more motivations were in play, all making about the same amount of noise and sense in his head, and he just told the cops the best sounding one he could come up with.

If I had to put money down on a motivation, it would be that he wanted was to be a brave patriot hero who blew the lid off the whole thing. Maybe that means the truck is full of living white babies heading off to be crushed into vaccine juice, maybe it means that the national guard were all false flag antifas, maybe it means the truck was full of the real ballots that prove trump won headed off for an incinerator, I don’t know. I don’t believe that he knows, either. I think he was making moves for the sake of making moves, and came up with an answer he thought sounded good once he figured out that he was going to have to answer some questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

smoobles posted:

aight so kids were safe before, but the virus is now a pedophile, the one thing we were afraid of happening

it's the british variant so of course it is

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Pepperoneedy posted:

Courtesy of my local paper

it's just good business sense, gotta chase those returning customers

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

fosborb posted:

wherein, once vaccinated, we find most teachers just want to get out of the house too

It's more that most teachers unions (correctly) prioritized the safety of their members, but basically lost all ability to keep schools closed once they won that fight.

At least that's what happened with some of the larger districts here. They had additional demands, but once vaccines rolled out the pressure from the state dialed up to 11.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Happy Thread posted:

I do HIIT videos too, they're great, but don't ignore someone in obvious distress; inescapable loud noises like that are torture for anyone on the autism spectrum. It's hell living at an intersection where everyone honks their horn every light cycle; it erases your current thought and replaces it with how unjustified that lovely driver's anger probably is

There's a pandemic lmao, maybe they don't expect anyone's living quarters to be unseal-able on a stranger's whim

I moved to a top floor apartment bc I'd been living the past year and change in hell with a toddler that apparently didn't have a bed time over me then directly to a woman/daughter/daughter's 7yo son who were always screaming and throwing poo poo with their 2 dogs they'd trap on the porch to bark for hours on end

I listen to birds in the morning now and sirens that I always listen to see if they're stopping here, more often than not they are

fake e: there's a mourning dove on my chimney cap right now so it's echoing down the chimney and filling my apartment with coo-coo-coo

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

BattleMaster posted:

it's the british variant so of course it is

TERF pedo virus

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

The funeral home game must be so sick if you have a bunch of deaths in the same family in quick succession. Grandma dies, sure, you maybe shop around a little. Grandma dies and all the aunts and uncles start dropping, you’re going to go straight for the guy whose number you already have. It’s like that Nathan For You where he’s trying to set birds up to poo poo on cars a block away from a car wash, you’re just going to go to the nearby place you already know about if you’re having the same problem a few times a month. You won’t even ask any questions.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Lol that Astra Zeneca rolled in months late with the actual pump and dump fake data release and the NIH had to immediately call them out on it

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Shear Modulus posted:

over 24 hours since my second pfizer microchip implant and the arm soreness has mostly gone away. that was the only real side effect since i consider my newfound appreciation for the advanced features and competitive pricing of microsoft azure cloud solutions mostly a positive

i'm about 72 hours past the J&J and i'm really into Autobahn Police Simulator 2, now available on Steam

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Thoguh posted:

It took me months of checking daily before I was able to get some adjustable dumbbells. I think they're only just this last month finally starting to be regularly in stock. But some adjustable dumbbells, a bench, and a no frills treadmill have gone a long way for me the last few months.

:same:

take your biden stimmy and invest in some fitness stuff. i got a foldable stationary bike for $200 since my place isn't big enough for a treadmill and its nice, folks

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Soap Scum posted:

my friends who got it at gilette/patriots stadium said they don't check poo poo.

yeah, idk. i was a democrat for years, so the idea of not following rules makes me itch.

i occasionally do palliative care volunteer work, but i'm no 'professional,' which the state asks for.

on the other hand, acupuncturists are eligible. so's a family member who is a hospital beancounter in an MBA program.

in summary, i'm signing up for a gig delivery service, i think. gently caress this. rules followed.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Happy Thread posted:

BTW I realized that my first moderna shot was not really my first. I was wondering why I got such an unpleasant reaction when the "first jab" is supposed to be easy unless you've had COVID before. But it was the MMR from five months ago. MMR was my first jab.

A goon love story.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

brugroffil posted:

Lol that Astra Zeneca rolled in months late with the actual pump and dump fake data release and the NIH had to immediately call them out on it

lmao what a poo poo show

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

A guy is coming over today to do an estimate for air conditioning. Love to have random plague bearers in my house.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Paradoxish posted:

It's more that most teachers unions (correctly) prioritized the safety of their members, but basically lost all ability to keep schools closed once they won that fight.

At least that's what happened with some of the larger districts here. They had additional demands, but once vaccines rolled out the pressure from the state dialed up to 11.

The message is “we demand to be heard, and we demand this list of demands.” The response is “we hear you, as you demanded, and we’ll do the easiest thing on the list. There, that’s two demands met, now you have to do what we demand.” The liberals say “yaaaassss some demands were met slaaaay queeeeeen,” popular support disappears overnight because the supporters are satisfied and want things to go Back 2 Normal, and the people with the problem are left in the loving cold with something that was already inevitably going to happen as a peace offering. It’s the same thing as BLM, Chauvin getting acquitted is going to be “well you demanded a trial and you got it so we did our part and everyone who wanted anything else is crazy.”

When I was going to school in southern Oregon, they were packing thirty kids into classrooms that only had twenty desks in them, and having the other ten sit around tables in the back. Most classrooms did not have windows, and the HVAC systems didn’t exactly let you smell the air from outside. There were some years where multiple months wouldn’t have Fridays in them, because they just couldn’t balance the budget. Now I’m being asked to believe that things are cool because the administrators that couldn’t figure out a working budget during good times have all listened to the science and are going to safely reopen hundreds of nearly hermetically sealed concrete tombs in a way where students can safely and scientifically be sitting so close that their wrists rub together. These same people and same buildings couldn’t contain an outbreak of head lice, but they’re going to do a real A1 job in covid, yessir. gently caress.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

brugroffil posted:

careful! qcs!!

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

where the hell did the "it's not cases we're trying to control--it's hospitalizations" line come from? i'm seeing it all over from the open'erupistas.

apparently, letting covid ravage young brains and lungs and hearts is okay as long as hospitals aren't overwhelmed?

i feel like i'm a different species from these people.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
this is going to be a hell of a year

https://twitter.com/KimNorvellDMR/status/1374103101741862916?s=19

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

Insanite posted:

where the hell did the "it's not cases we're trying to control--it's hospitalizations" line come from? i'm seeing it all over from the open'erupistas.

apparently, letting covid ravage young brains and lungs and hearts is okay as long as hospitals aren't overwhelmed?

No you see those are long term consequences. This is America we just kick the can down the road as long as we can

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Insanite posted:

from the very beginning.

flatten the curve! was always about not overwhelming hospitals

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Insanite posted:

March 2020

and the very instant a hospital discharged a single person they went “mission accomplished open’er up”

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Insanite posted:

yeah, idk. i was a democrat for years, so the idea of not following rules makes me itch.

i occasionally do palliative care volunteer work, but i'm no 'professional,' which the state asks for.

on the other hand, acupuncturists are eligible. so's a family member who is a hospital beancounter in an MBA program.

in summary, i'm signing up for a gig delivery service, i think. gently caress this. rules followed.

I hereby hire you to pick up groceries from the nearest supermarket and deliver them to your refrigerator.

there you're a gig worker, get the drat shot.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Insanite posted:

I got yelled at by a friend after I said I won't go inside a restaurant even though I'm vaccinated and got told I can't stay afraid of the virus forever and I "gotta live my life"

I'm a WFH goober and I'm in the best physical & mental shape I've ever been in, have multiple new hobbies, and am thriving being a hermit rn. Some people value "life" as their ability to consume & be served by others. It's american narcissism at its best and it's a brain disease that will destroy us all

At least my marigolds I'm raising from seeds are sprouting leaves :radcat:

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

fosborb posted:

from the very beginning.

flatten the curve! was always about not overwhelming hospitals

it feels like we know more about potential long-term complications, now.

i just... i'm so tired.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Shifty Pony posted:

I hereby hire you to pick up groceries from the nearest supermarket and deliver them to your refrigerator.

there you're a gig worker, get the drat shot.

::prints out this post and gets it tele-notarized::

Apr 7, 2003

Business Gorillas posted:

I got yelled at by a friend after I said I won't go inside a restaurant even though I'm vaccinated and got told I can't stay afraid of the virus forever and I "gotta live my life"

It's cool that 'living your life' in America must center around going to restaurants and eating microwaved slop while you leer at the waitress.

Can't have hobbies outside of consumerism, buy 2 live

Apr 7, 2003

in my experience a lot of the "open restaurants, get the two for one app deal and live your life" poo poo is being astroturfed by small business tyrants and restaurant organizations. The actual people who work in them are quite happy to take enhanced unemployment until this blows over.

News media here is already jumping on that by running stories saying that local restaurants can't find workers because they can't compete with "government handouts."

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

considering how the brewery and restaurant at the end of my street is doing during these lean times I can't wait until the doors blow open in April with how packed its gonna get. stop parking on our street and throwing trash in my yard!!!!

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Insanite posted:

They figured out that they can’t get the things they want and care about cases, so they had to reframe the situation. When the hospitals get bad again, they’ll want you to look at how there aren’t that many deaths. If deaths get bad again, they’ll be compared to when there were more. If it’s a really bad number of deaths, that will mean that people weren’t Being Safe. The take home message is gently caress you, give me my free babysitter and my sense of normalcy back, let me gather with my friends and drink margaritas indoors and cough on the servers, and any emergent problems with that strategy will be because of something else.

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

What are the good vaccine search websites again, Colorado has opened ‘er up to obese goons and I’m ready to go forth and get juiced

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Real Mean Queen posted:

They figured out that they can’t get the things they want and care about cases, so they had to reframe the situation. When the hospitals get bad again, they’ll want you to look at how there aren’t that many deaths. If deaths get bad again, they’ll be compared to when there were more. If it’s a really bad number of deaths, that will mean that people weren’t Being Safe. The take home message is gently caress you, give me my free babysitter and my sense of normalcy back, let me gather with my friends and drink margaritas indoors and cough on the servers, and any emergent problems with that strategy will be because of something else.

I like how the surge is being blamed specifically on spring breakers and not on the rest of the opened-up economy and schools.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Nothus posted:

I like how the surge is being blamed specifically on spring breakers and not on the rest of the opened-up economy and schools.

it's also extremely important that bars and restaurants be open for people--except for those nasty spring breakers, of course?

Insanite has issued a correction as of 14:37 on Mar 23, 2021

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Nothus posted:

The spring breakers going to bars aren’t Being Safe like I am when I go to the bar with my friends. They are irresponsible people doing something I’m not doing, whereas I’m a responsible person because I’m me and I know I’m responsible because I am

Real Mean Queen has issued a correction as of 14:39 on Mar 23, 2021

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Real Mean Queen posted:

The spring breakers going to bars aren’t Being Safe like I am when I go to the bar with my friends. They are irresponsible people doing something I’m not doing, whereas I’m a responsible person because I’m me and I know I’m responsible because I am.

thank you for helping keep the economy running (safely)!

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Teenage Riot posted:

What are the good vaccine search websites again, Colorado has opened ‘er up to obese goons and I’m ready to go forth and get juiced

https://www.vaccinespotter.org/CO/

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Insanite posted:

thank you for helping keep the economy running (safely)!

I have a vaccinated friend and my hairdresser wipes everything down between clients and my coworker tested negative two weeks ago so I’m like super loving safe

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

there is nothing more important in these times than living your life responsibly.

i have such pity for those who remain trapped in their homes, trembling at the thought of going outside ever again. it's a problem!!

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Dec 20

Pryor on Fire posted:

When the virus is this widespread in so many millions of people doesn't that just mean it has way more chances to mutate in some unfortunate way that ramps up the mortality rate? Or is that unlikely despite how big the population is? I'm asking I don't understand biology.

Mar 21

quote:

"Not only does uncontrolled spread cause avoidable illness, hospitalization and death, but it increases the risk that an even more dangerous variant may emerge that could make the vaccine less effective," said Dr. Tom Frieden, the former CDC director.

:bahgawd:

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Ok driving to Gunnison for the vaccine next week, only about 3.5 hours.

Thank you western slope white trash for refusing the vaccine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug

Pryor on Fire posted:

Dec 20

Mar 21

:bahgawd:

yeah but still though, openerup. especially schools.