Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
You can even bust it up by hand its fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

explosivo posted:

Those expensive grinders people were talking about on the last few pages look cool as hell and reviews are great but man I have a hard time justifying more than $50 for a grinder. I do like the pretty colors though... :ohdear:
I recently bought a super weapon for $35 and it's very nice

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
thread made me realize i've never cleaned my grinder in the 5+ years i've owned it. 30 minutes in the jewelry cleaner and it's like new

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i cleaned my grinder for the first time in years too the other day.

protip for people buying stimmy vapes: use your grinder upside down to get a finer grind. vapes much better

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

bagmonkey posted:

I got my Spacecase like... about 8 years ago? Simple two piece small-ish size grinder... Thing requires regular cleaning, but it's a flawless grinder otherwise. I've tried tons of others and nothing compares, honestly

I have a 4 piece. The screen is pretty thrashed, but aside from that, it's the part of my kit I've owned the longest. Buddy bought it new when I was deployed in Iraq, when he quit smoking (before I left the army, but not by much) I gave him about half what he paid for it. He gave me the receipt to prove it was an actual one (this was 2006, so right around the time knockoffs were becoming popular), and because he's OCD as gently caress.

The 4 piece spacecases are north of $100 nowadays but they really do last forever.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Got my med card in my email today, i think it's like a week after I signed up? Now to wait out this job application and see if I get interviewed.

Lmao it only took 6 days.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

delicious distillate

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Got my bong from Brothers with Glass, it's by Chameleon Glass in Arizona. It's loving wonderful and I love it and it was only $90 and I'm obviously super happy. It was packed PROPERLY, wrapped in bubble wrap in well packed packing peanuts and the bowl/banger/downstem were separately properly packed. 10/10, would recommend this bong also Brothers with Glass.

Here's the entirely too dangerous setup with the Fury Edge. This will be a limited use thing, it's totally not sturdy at all.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

From my experiences using a lot of portables in bongs like that, just hold the vape steady to the downstem when you're using it and set it to the side when you're not and you should be fine

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Ive been looking for a cheap dab rig with a vertical 14mm piece because I have broken 2 Arizer Airs thanks to my bong tipping over and filling the Arizer with water.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

DoombatINC posted:

From my experiences using a lot of portables in bongs like that, just hold the vape steady to the downstem when you're using it and set it to the side when you're not and you should be fine

Yeah, my entire plan is to basically hold the bong around where the downstem hits, and then just remove the Fury before I put it down. I really don't wanna get something bigger since it wouldn't fit my current weed storage area well. No big deal, the bong + Fury Edge combo loving rips and I got high as balls without that 'warm throat' feeling you get on vapes sometimes

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Laserface posted:

Ive been looking for a cheap dab rig with a vertical 14mm piece because I have broken 2 Arizer Airs thanks to my bong tipping over and filling the Arizer with water.

They're apparently moving warehouses right now but this:
https://www.sneakypetestore.com/collections/glass-pieces/products/small-pipe?variant=24236696646

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

apparently puffitup is done permanently, confirmed they will no longer be taking orders. makes sense with all the open box poo poo they've been getting rid of.

shame since they've always been awesome. got an open box mighty from them that i love.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Yeah I saw that this morning. They were my go-to.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
so i have this amazing amazing batch right now but i found some white mold on one of the nugs. In a panic, i ripped through all the rest of the batch and couldnt really find any more. Id really hate to throw the whole batch out cause its quite a bit.. worth the risk or no? If if inspect all the rest again before smoking should be ok?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I think it's time for my yearly attempt at a T break. WFH has me smoking wayyyy the gently caress too much and when I had to take a bunch of edibles to even feel poo poo last night, I knew it was time. Wish me luck friendos!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i decided to throw out the batch of amazing looking but possibly moldy weed. one of the hardest things ive ever had to do but it was tweaking my anxiety too much to be useful

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

thathonkey posted:

i decided to throw out the batch of amazing looking but possibly moldy weed. one of the hardest things ive ever had to do but it was tweaking my anxiety too much to be useful

can grow more weed, can't grow more lung :hmmrona:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
very true also it is an excuse to get some new varieties

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

potee posted:

can grow more weed, can't grow more lung :hmmrona:

I remember back when I'd smoke through eighths worth of poo poo I hated just because it wasn't easy to get more. We are truly #blessed these days

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

bagmonkey posted:

I think it's time for my yearly attempt at a T break. WFH has me smoking wayyyy the gently caress too much and when I had to take a bunch of edibles to even feel poo poo last night, I knew it was time. Wish me luck friendos!

yeah im there with you...decided to work on a career change in january and left my job, so ive had way too much time on my hands. at the very least i quit alcohol as soon as I was unemployed, so that was good.

but february was a lot of eating edibles for breakfast and toking all day and night. i stocked up at a dispensary and dug in to my living room as we had a super snowy and home-bound end to winter. honestly i feel like i was disrespecting the weed.

so im just about one week in, and honestly, this past weekend was fuckin hard. ive been a weeknight primetime toker and full on weekend stoner for years now. the past couple months pushed that tolerance to the next level, clearly.

yeah yeah username/post combo

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

bagmonkey posted:

I remember back when I'd smoke through eighths worth of poo poo I hated just because it wasn't easy to get more. We are truly #blessed these days

Some buddies in high school smoked (to completion) an eighth they bought from a hobo even after I told them that it was brown because it had been vaped already and most likely had only tiny amounts of thc. poo poo was disgusting.

I don't smoke nearly as much as I have on the past, a few hits of oil per weekday and more on the weekends. But the thought of stopping is still pretty unattractive

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

There’s not really any reason to stop smoking weed. I’ve tried it.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

AWWNAW posted:

There’s not really any reason to stop smoking weed. I’ve tried it.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I took a week long break not that long ago and it took 1 weekend of partying to get back to tolerance'd to gently caress.

also getting to sleep at night was hard as gently caress.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I'm on week 3 of T break and I still get a powerful urge sunday night to smash a cone so I can keep The Dread at bay.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm on a break right now because I basically got high every day for the last 5 or 6 months. Getting 8 hours of solid sleep every night was cool, but I basically gave myself ADD.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
woof, just finished a pretty long t-break, been about seven hours. time to get back on the horse

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Mozi posted:

woof, just finished a pretty long t-break, been about seven hours. time to get back on the horse

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

any recommendations for a coarse grinder? i'd like not to use a screen with this new arizer solo 2

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
these seem nice if you want to splurge a bit, seems like it would last forever if cares for, and they sell different size grind platters if you get tired of coarse later https://grindersforlife.com/shop/brilliant-cut-grinder/brilliant-cut-coarse-grinder/

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

these seem nice if you want to splurge a bit, seems like it would last forever if cares for, and they sell different size grind platters if you get tired of coarse later https://grindersforlife.com/shop/brilliant-cut-grinder/brilliant-cut-coarse-grinder/

This is the one I was digging for to recommend. I don't have it, but everything about it screams "life long grinder" to me. Like honkey said, just make sure to soak and clean your grinder every so often, more often if it has a kief screen. Honestly, I've grown to fuckin' hate kief screens because they just seem to steal kief at the end of the day.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

thathonkey posted:

stimulus vape demands a stimulus grinder, thank you!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

bagmonkey posted:

This is the one I was digging for to recommend. I don't have it, but everything about it screams "life long grinder" to me. Like honkey said, just make sure to soak and clean your grinder every so often, more often if it has a kief screen. Honestly, I've grown to fuckin' hate kief screens because they just seem to steal kief at the end of the day.

eventually they get clogged up so laziness will solve that problem for you

+1 for space case, mine is well over a decade old at this point. i think i've cleaned it out once or twice

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I just realized I actually have a 2 piece Cosmic grinder that's about 8 years old now. The thing is an absolute tank that I spent like $70 on, felt terrible about at the time, but man... probably the best $70 I've spent on weed stuff. Whatever you do, just buy a nice, heavy grinder that does what you need (coarse/fine/kief catch/etc)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Mozi posted:

see this is more my style

Also I'll be honest I don't even use grinders. Just an extra step to me that usually isn't necessary as I don't roll tons of js or vape. I enjoy pulling weed apart with my fingers.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

i keep meaning to take a t-break, but man do i like getting high. it would probably be good for my broken brain.

my name is thurgood and i'm here today because i'm addicted to marijuana. :420:

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Play posted:

Also I'll be honest I don't even use grinders. Just an extra step to me that usually isn't necessary as I don't roll tons of js or vape. I enjoy pulling weed apart with my fingers.

:thunk:

my current grinder is seriously dull. its more a shredder

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i remove as many stems as possible and break the weed down a bit first so it fits nicely into the grinder. i usually smoke bowls and like a medium grind. anyway it's just a preference but this is what works best for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

20 Blunts posted:

:thunk:

my current grinder is seriously dull. its more a shredder

I know plenty of people who just break up weed with their fingers. My dad is one, bought him a super nice Space Case 3 piece grinder and he's used it like twice. He said he just doesn't like grinders. To each their own :shrug: