Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Skwirl posted:

Those goon made balance mods so you can the expansions without needing an endgame character. I'll see if I can find them.

Beware the Sixth House: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/46036
Tribunal Rebalance: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45713
Bloodmoon Rebalance: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45714

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/48745 was my addition that ups the difficulty of daedric shrines and faction bosses so there's more mid-game content too

i keep meaning to do balance work on it but i've been without a computer for half a year so lol

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Those are the ones.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

FlocksOfMice posted:

No-Frills Open Canton, the one without the moved FQ plaza, is my choice for open cantons. My mod's compatible with it.

Rethinking Vivec merges the foreign quarter waistworks, which is neat, but doesn't add anything else to them, and it isn't compatible with Dramatic Vivec, Vivec Expansion, and a bunch of mods that add like NPCs into Vivec either, so Rethinking Vivec is very much a "if you use this, this is your one single Vivec mod" kind of deal, and I don't think it does enough to justify being the only Vivec mod you run. My mod's not compatible with it, but most Vivec mods aren't compatible with it.

My favorite open canton mod is Piratelord's, which is long-dead and abandoned, but god it was the best.

That sucker just went "Open plazas? Nah, open EVERYTHING" and shoved every room out there as a stand-alone building. But, piratelord's out of the community as far as I know, and this isn't compatible with nearly anything that came out in the past decade that affects Vivec. It's kind of bland looking these days wrt decorations, and it does the cardinal sin of reusing vanilla statue assets all over the place, but nothing ever made Vivec feel as good as this mod. I keep wanting to go back to using it, but having to make it cooperate with all the other Vivec-affecting mods, not even Dramatic Vivec but basic stuff that add NPCs to Vivec, would be way much a hassle, to say nothing of the difficulty of getting permission to release an updated version of it from someone who last I saw wasn't active anymore.

coming back to a very, very old subject: someone tried to merge your vivec waistworks mod with piratelord's Redesigned Vivec and seems to have been moderately successful.

doesn't work with Vivec Expansion, though, so there's still some work to be done.

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 16, 2021

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Doc Hawkins posted:

coming back to a very, very old subject: someone tried to merge your vivec waistworks mod with piratelord's Redesigned Vivec and seems to have been moderately successful.

doesn't work with Vivec Expansion, though, so there's still some work to be done.

wow this owns. i think if you put vivec expansion into the mix it might be perfect, at the cost of negative fps

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

in more recent news the lua modding development branch of openmw now has an example mod, which is in a sense the first openmw lua mod ever. it makes hostile wildlife attack everyone, not just the player, which seems in line with tradition.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Doc Hawkins posted:

in more recent news the lua modding development branch of openmw now has an example mod, which is in a sense the first openmw lua mod ever. it makes hostile wildlife attack everyone, not just the player, which seems in line with tradition.

Nice to hear. I'm itching to watch another OpenMW update youtube, but considering the year we've gone through, I can understand.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

excited to port my stuff over when that finally happens. unfortunately it took like a year to get everything together for quickloot in mwse so im not holding my breath they finish transfer functions, ui, and crime mechanics any time soon lol

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

yeah they even asked permission first

tbh piratelords vivec still remains my absolute favorite and I am excited to give their mod a try whenver I actually get a computer again

really do need vivec expansion on there too tho yeah

Necronormiecon
Mar 12, 2019

Farewell, sweet Nerevar. Better luck on your next incarnation.
The day they get AshFall working with OpenMW will be the last day I’m using the vanilla engine :byewhore:

Necronormiecon
Mar 12, 2019

Farewell, sweet Nerevar. Better luck on your next incarnation.
The latest (2019) TR release contains a cool semi-hidden adventure that takes place in Oblivion and culminates in possibly the hardest battle in the game (maybe? I never played Bloodmoon). You get a forgotten Battlespire artifact as well as a set of daedric pauldrons to complete your fantasy power armor collection.

It’s cool that TES is basically a Planescape-style universe of nearly infinite number of worlds, but the only ones we got to explore in official games were

1) A diablo hell.

2) An open air dungeon with ghosts and dumb Juib fan service.

3) Herma Mora's toilet dimension.

E: and the Shivering Isles I guess. That DLC was fun. The best Bethesda attempt at making an Oblivion plane.

Necronormiecon fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Mar 16, 2021

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Necronormiecon posted:

The latest (2019) TR release contains a cool semi-hidden adventure that takes place in Oblivion

there's like three ways in and the place is insane :angel:

no one expected the guy in charge of that to come back with basically a fully fledged quest mod in its own right

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

https://youtu.be/4jhVhfHdRQU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

FlocksOfMice posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/48745 was my addition that ups the difficulty of daedric shrines and faction bosses so there's more mid-game content too

i keep meaning to do balance work on it but i've been without a computer for half a year so lol

i'm guessing this conflicts with mortimer's morrowind randomizer, which moves many artifacts around, including those held by npcs?

decisions decisions! i'd probably choose yours, i don't really fall in the trap of getting the easy artifacts from well-known spots.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm going to poo poo on the floor.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Doc Hawkins posted:

i'm guessing this conflicts with mortimer's morrowind randomizer, which moves many artifacts around, including those held by npcs?

decisions decisions! i'd probably choose yours, i don't really fall in the trap of getting the easy artifacts from well-known spots.

i really wanna remake that in mwse some day when i re-enter my modding mood. the randomize is entirely mwscript which is honestly some kind of miracle
step 1: assign each location a number (50 separate global variables)
step 2: for each item, call the randomint function and if it equals the location number assign it to that location. keep doing this until all of the items are assigned
step 3: on entering each location, check the number and spawn the item either in a chest, on an npc, or on the ground. (How do you spawn things on the ground? Simple, give it to a dead rat npc, call the drop function on the item, then delete the rat)

morrowind also doesnt really have arrays or assignment of variables to ids so the code looks like this
https://pastebin.com/C95HhiYs

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

morrowind also doesnt really have arrays or assignment of variables to ids so the code looks like this

ELSEIF
ELSEIF
ELSEIF
ELSEIF

Oh man

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

https://pastebin.com/C95HhiYs

lol :hellyeah:

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

Correct, the goal of MDMD is to make artifact holders significantly more dangerous. You know where Chrysamere is, but the wielder of Chrysamere is now level 30, summons multiple daedra and a full suit of bound armor at once, and can knock all three bars of a lower level character to 0 with one or two spells. Or, Sorkvild the Raven, who has the masque of clavicus vile, was previously level 12 and had a garbo spell-list. Now he's level 30, summons an undead army, has a uniquely enchanted axe, and casts a ton of frost spells you can't reflect back onto him b/c nord. The really powerful artifacts are still where they were and as powerful as they always were, but you're going to need to be mid-game at the least to get most of them.

I mean it's still Morrowind you can still roll in with 100% absorb and 100% sanctuary but if you do that that's on you. I was working on a magic rebalance mod before I lost my computer that was working really well in my playthroughs--not super obnoxious and useless but made you actually have to work and get good levels to use overpowered effects like long-term paralysis or CE immunity enchants.

FlocksOfMice fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Mar 20, 2021

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

What mod organizer is the hotness that everyone's using? I finally have so many dang mods that I think I should use one.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

frogge posted:

What mod organizer is the hotness that everyone's using? I finally have so many dang mods that I think I should use one.

Mod Organizer 2. There is no better alternative. Do not consider any other alternative. I’m not joking.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The only way to organise Morrowind mods is painstakingly ticking boxes in the Data Files launcher option while a coked out fabricant screams at you like a silent possum-based terminator

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Cantorsdust posted:

Mod Organizer 2. There is no better alternative. Do not consider any other alternative. I’m not joking.

Absolute Truth.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The only way to organise Morrowind mods is painstakingly ticking boxes in the Data Files launcher option while a coked out fabricant screams at you like a silent possum-based terminator

This tracks.

Cantorsdust posted:

Thanks!

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILAzFQODFBo

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

:discourse:

I just hooked my roommate up with the standard modernization/light modding build of morrowind and he'll be playing it for the first time soon. So man memes to share.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
Speaking of videos, following Necronormiecon's SHotN video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnyIQkJru3o

there's now also a P:C video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrDBwmtgVQo

and the first TR video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKyrzZRo-O0

where that came from. They are rather hip and you should watch them.

The Baumann
Jun 2, 2013

En Garde, Fuckboy

Necronormiecon posted:

You get a forgotten Battlespire artifact as well as a set of daedric pauldrons to complete your fantasy power armor collection.

Thought I recognized his quote! Your video made me want to get into Morrowind, so thanks!

General question regarding compatibility, Tamriel rebuilt, Skyrim home of the nords and the cyrodil one all play nice right? I don’t want to deal with the headache of getting big mods like that to get along but they’re made by the same team I think?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

The Baumann posted:

Thought I recognized his quote! Your video made me want to get into Morrowind, so thanks!

General question regarding compatibility, Tamriel rebuilt, Skyrim home of the nords and the cyrodil one all play nice right? I don’t want to deal with the headache of getting big mods like that to get along but they’re made by the same team I think?

Theyll all play nice, the teams arent the same but theres a ton of people shared between all of them

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I'm getting this weird thing where every time I fire up the game all the added stuff from a housing mod I'm using is there but luckily the stuff I've already put down on shelves is always there. I've had it before with an other housing mod but never fixed it. Basically stuff like papers posted on doors, books on the bed, etc. all keep reappearing whenever I start a new session. Is it a weird thing with steam?

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Just hit level 17 and picked up the Cuirass of the Savior's Hide.
Thanks to a combination of selling artifacts to the museum and offloading heavy armor I can't use onto the mudcrab, I've gathered enough gold to give my clothes a constant 24% Chameleon (or however two 12% items work) and a locket that slowly heals over time.
I've resurrected the Bal Molagmer worked with the Twin Lamps, and am about to explore my first Sixth House stronghold.
Life is good in Vvardenfell.

Fun to see (and that I remembered) the old soultrap exploit for indefinite summons stills works. Though speaking of, it's weird the Mages guild doesn't seem to care about conjuration, it's my highest magic skill, so I'm currently just stuck, fittingly enough, at the rank of Conjuror.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/49075
tel vos vs tel vos

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I thought OAAB was just a modder's resource. It's evidently grown far beyond that? Or I misunderstood what it was from the beginning.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

hooah posted:

I thought OAAB was just a modder's resource. It's evidently grown far beyond that? Or I misunderstood what it was from the beginning.

it is a modder resource but the creator also is using the assets they may to remake Morrowind bit by bit with it it's been great so far

so all of their mods in the series bear the name too

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Yeah, I was going to suggest Tower of Vos instead but it looks like it's been deprecated in favor of OAAB Grazelands

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Really tall Vos doesn’t really make sense to me. Is the idea that the legion built a really tall tower at this castle in particular and not the others? Or when Aryon took it over, did he decide to expand one of the towers but retained the imperial style (as opposed to Telvanni)?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Halfway through the TR review video and this guy is a pro watch

e. lol I missed that he posts itt

Pretty good fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Mar 30, 2021

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

BBJoey posted:

Really tall Vos doesn’t really make sense to me. Is the idea that the legion built a really tall tower at this castle in particular and not the others? Or when Aryon took it over, did he decide to expand one of the towers but retained the imperial style (as opposed to Telvanni)?
yeah it looks a bit out of place imo. Also the images should be reversed so it more closely resembles a swole dog/small dog meme

note: thought of some names people can use for the version they dislike; Smell Vos, Tel Gross, Tel Bros. If you use the latter one you have to tenuously tie it into Bernie Sanders or Chapo Trap House or something but I believe in you. I won't use these because while I'm not super fond of the big one I think it's fine and don't want to disrespect it. Peace

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Mar 30, 2021

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

BBJoey posted:

its much more than just a single tower, its just funnier to compare the two by height alone

this was intended as a less important sister city to firewatch on the mainland (which does have a massive tower used as a lighthouse )

the detailing on this tel vos is insane, see the great effect of the roots running through the tower that was sheared in half (center, below)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
I'm game dialogue says vos had been there forever, aryon came in relatively recently with his weird fusion fetish and had workers build him a castle that he then seeded with his tower

it's all aryon, the legion had nothing to do with it