Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Riot Bimbo posted:

I could literally point y'all to a community that's more or less an active farm for the development of pliable personality A's, but some of you probably know it idk. it's real though. i really wanna emphasize that. It's not imaginary.

Watching someone with multiple, cultivated personalities slip between them is a frightening sight!!! I cannot stay away from this topic!!!

:justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
I've always thought that clandestine research into radiation effects was a good explanation for cattle mutilations. If not some arm of our military industrial complex, plenty of other countries would want to do clandestine research in biological magnification through the food chain of easily tracked things like radioisotopes but don't want to go through the difficulty of bombing the piss out of their own country with nuclear weapons.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

clandestine industrial testing of all sorts gets carried out on livestock populations is one i buy 100% like if theyll do it to people they will do it to animals. i wont be surprised at all if we find out the stealth helicopter they crashed into bin ladens house was extensively field tested assassinating cows first.

The Saucer Hovers has issued a correction as of 06:22 on Mar 20, 2021

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Breaking911/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
oh me? I’m an inauguration priest,

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
nbd, probably just wantonly sniffing young women's hair or something else that is totally normal and socially acceptable.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Apparently some rich assholes in LA built a private dance/sex club where celebs are allowed to just do whatever they want

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/music/story/2021-03-21/cloak-and-dagger-goth-nightclub-closed-sexual-misconduct-claims

quote:

“Don’t go anywhere uninvited,” staff instructed guests upon entry. “If you speak of anything you have seen or heard here, you will lose [your membership]. If you see or hear anyone else speaking of what they saw or heard, let us know. Do you understand?”

Annie Lesser, 32, an L.A. playwright and theater producer, composed Cloak’s scripted elements, such as initiation rituals at which guests chose totemic objects or received three ink dots under their eye.

“By letting us mark you, you were giving us your trust and power. It was all designed around that dynamic,” Lesser said. “People had an emotional attachment to it in a way you couldn’t do with a normal club.”

Cloak had occasionally expelled members, including high-profile ones like the screenwriter Max Landis, who was accused of sexual abuse by multiple women in 2019 (though not at the club). Landis did not return requests for comment.

But Cloak’s strict codes of silence seemed to insulate those accused of harming women, staff and members said.

Why is every rich rear end in a top hat into the exact same boring poo poo

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I like the theory that Eyes Wide Shut was to the ruling class like how the Godfather made a bunch of low-level criminals start wearing suits and imitating Marlon Brando

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos

Riot Bimbo posted:

I could literally point y'all to a community that's more or less an active farm for the development of pliable personality A's, but some of you probably know it idk. it's real though. i really wanna emphasize that. It's not imaginary.

Watching someone with multiple, cultivated personalities slip between them is a frightening sight!!! I cannot stay away from this topic!!!

You also have ties to the esoteric community, right? You probably know at least one person in the, uh...intelligentsia

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Did someone make a non white supremacist esoteric community yet?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Perry Mason Jar posted:

hope you like forest nudity

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Perry Mason Jar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71swxdSzY1w

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude

Pryor on Fire posted:

Apparently some rich assholes in LA built a private dance/sex club where celebs are allowed to just do whatever they want

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/music/story/2021-03-21/cloak-and-dagger-goth-nightclub-closed-sexual-misconduct-claims

Hiring a theater guy to do your cult elements is a nice little bit of entrepreneurship.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Pryor on Fire posted:

Sounds normal for LA though. They're the sex industry capital.

In the "Adam West died" thread a few years back I remember someone posting a story about he and Batman costar Frank Gorshin (John Astin?) getting invited to a Hollyweird orgy.

They thought the idea was dumb but went anyway, but maintained their Batman and Riddler personas the entire time until they were kicked out.

RIP Adam West :allears:

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Riot Bimbo posted:

Care to say anything more about it? I can think of plenty of plausible communities that could fit that description.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Pryor on Fire posted:

And how easily these freaks adopt woke terminology to cloak their predatory behaviour

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
does anyone listen to the Dateline podcast? they pretty much just take the audio of past episodes and release them as a podcast on a weekly basis. it’s great for background noise or whatever and generic true crime intrigue. however, about halfway through the one from last week called Deception I got a big ol crack ping that I thought this thread would enjoy.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Don’t give us any details or anything.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Loucks posted:

Don’t give us any details or anything.

Don't want to ruin the surprise, but you get to hear about an interesting tactic that Canadian police use to catch someone that instantly made me think of Nova Scotia.
They talk about their strategy of building a "pretend" criminal enterprise to lure in a guy and I just imagine the massive airquotes that have to go around the 'pretend' qualifier. Like the episode itself just glosses over the thing if not praise it as some amazing tactic but there's absolutely more to it I'm sure.

Danger has issued a correction as of 14:57 on Mar 22, 2021

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

Hooplah posted:

like literally anywhere you go on the internet where people interact with one another you'll constantly see people relying on in-group terms (cuck is a great example) to easily signify what tribe they belong to and it's complete mind poison. they look for the most obvious signifiers they can find and use whatever associations they have to assume the tribe you're arguing on behalf of and engage with that instead. once they do that it's impossible to get anywhere

From a few pages ago, but this is a very interesting point and speaks to the growing polarization in our society. Tajfel and Turner made the point that interacting in terms of group identity can be because of a lack of belief in individual social mobility. As well, the nature of late modern narrative differences between groups frequently implies moral illegitimacy of the outgroup. This has negative effects on political debate. Like how when you tell a centrist about Clinton and Epstein, they get defensive, because the implication is that as a supporter, they are treif by virtue of their support for a pedo. Or how when questioning the official narrative of 9/11, the response is incredibly defensive, and holders of the official narrative flip the script by casting the skeptics as morally deficient. From the other side, questioning Stalin's actions elicits a hostile response from many people because they view it as an indicator of holding a narrative which is itself an indicator of being a member of an opposing political tribe.

This is nothing new - group identity markers and framing outgroups as bad have existed probably since Mesopotamia - but their role in maintaining societal polarization is a major source of the current dysfunction for US democracy.

A punchline to this is that official narratives created and boosted by 3 letter agencies at the cost of millions of dollars each (e.g. zero dark thirty) frequently are superceded by subsequent events that matter more (trump) to the point where no one gives a poo poo about either the pushed narrative or finding the truth about what really happened. But that might be a success condition for everyone? For the CIA hi, few people question the party line, and for people like us, because it's not a group indicator we can have a legit, if uncomfortable discussion of it with people who aren't partisan enough to view skepticism as a direct attack on Obama.

Don't take this as gospel truth, especially the third paragraph, but I'm pretty sure these mechanisms are in play.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I will directly attack Obama.

Rhetorically. Rhetorically! Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest. Have a look at the modding here - get your hand off my penis! What is the charge? Posting too good? A succulent CSPAM post? That's a nice probe, sir. Ah yes, I see that you know your judo well. And you sir, are you waiting to receive my limp penis? How dare..

nut
Jul 30, 2019

E Depois do Adeus posted:

This is nothing new - group identity markers and framing outgroups as bad have existed probably since Mesopotamia - but their role in maintaining societal polarization is a major source of the current dysfunction for US democracy.

in my opinion, pretty much the entire way we engage in party politics (in the US and Canada, at least) has used every opportunity to force you to compromise what little democratic force you have in the running of your country. All publicized politics are aimed at winning elections not implementing change. All privatized politics are aimed at funnelling money to donors. When one party enters office, it spends huge amounts of public money and time to simply reverse the last party’s implemented changes. it’s impossible to be a flexible voter with ideas on multiple issues when supporting a party. there’s no impetus for collaboration, let alone progress. I know it’s all probably obvious to most, but it really is just sports and at least as rigged as them.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

I like the theory that Eyes Wide Shut was to the ruling class like how the Godfather made a bunch of low-level criminals start wearing suits and imitating Marlon Brando

it’s the other way round

edit:

also got my crackping for the week

https://twitter.com/realalexrubi/status/1373945533312696320?s=21

Danger has issued a correction as of 18:58 on Mar 22, 2021

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Inverted Icon posted:

You also have ties to the esoteric community, right? You probably know at least one person in the, uh...intelligentsia

I have a few ties to esooteric religious groups, of a horny and "get naked, intoxicated, and gently caress around on significant astronomic/astrological events" sense. I never saw anything that made me think it was anything other than benign expressions of faith and sexual impulse, plus that's more or less dead post-covid (actually it's just even more exclusive and hush hush and tbh it wasn't fun enough to risk being a rona vector), as well as a few psychedelic healing/sex magick types, because yeah I'm just one of those loving people now, and what i'm speaking of really isn't so far removed from all that either, but I am not actually comfortable naming the community i'm thinking of, as I do not want goons scouring and messing with a community that holds plenty of vulnerable, and not g-man-adjacent folks. I just strongly suspect that some of the darker poo poo about abuse and ethical violations are more or less the crossover point, because there are definitely folks who seem to curate groups of people they have directly conditioned/trained in various capacities, who produce these folks with multiple personalities, some of which, when on display, are clearly something much loving darker than the norm.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I was just thinking about the moon landings and realized that each rocket would need a thousand tonnes of oil and even more natural gas to make its fuel. There's no way the moon landings were faked, because if they were, we'd have heard the oil companies whining.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Danger posted:

it’s the other way round

edit:

also got my crackping for the week

https://twitter.com/realalexrubi/status/1373945533312696320?s=21

so, okay - I've read through (part of) Jeremy Scahill's "Dirty Wars", and a big portion of that book was about Obama's drone striking of Anwar al-Awlaki and his son, Abdulrahman. It's been a while since I've read it so I could be wrong, but my impression was that Anwar wasn't a terrorist, and that he was mostly smeared as one via circumstantial evidence.

Now this article is saying that Anwar actually was Al-Qaeda leadership, but also that he was in the pay of the CIA? Obviously that doesn't really excuse the problem of Obama drone-striking a US citizen extrajudicially, but was I just misremembering the book, or was Scahill not quite deep enough?

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Lol this was the plot to Mystery Men.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Riot Bimbo posted:

I have a few ties to esooteric religious groups, of a horny and "get naked, intoxicated, and gently caress around on significant astronomic/astrological events" sense. I never saw anything that made me think it was anything other than benign expressions of faith and sexual impulse, plus that's more or less dead post-covid (actually it's just even more exclusive and hush hush and tbh it wasn't fun enough to risk being a rona vector), as well as a few psychedelic healing/sex magick types, because yeah I'm just one of those loving people now, and what i'm speaking of really isn't so far removed from all that either, but I am not actually comfortable naming the community i'm thinking of, as I do not want goons scouring and messing with a community that holds plenty of vulnerable, and not g-man-adjacent folks. I just strongly suspect that some of the darker poo poo about abuse and ethical violations are more or less the crossover point, because there are definitely folks who seem to curate groups of people they have directly conditioned/trained in various capacities, who produce these folks with multiple personalities, some of which, when on display, are clearly something much loving darker than the norm.

arent those precisely the kinds of things the spooks have a real long history of being part of? especially if they're vulnerable? and double especially if they are in any way leftist?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Chamale posted:

I was just thinking about the moon landings and realized that each rocket would need a thousand tonnes of oil and even more natural gas to make its fuel. There's no way the moon landings were faked, because if they were, we'd have heard the oil companies whining.

Debunking from a cynical perspective is the only kind of debunking I'll listen to.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Ghislane in here posting under the name Riot Bimbo.
Mods???

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
speaking of which, https://www.reddit.com/user/maxwellhill is still inactive lmao

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
Churches, colleges, banks, the streets, the wilderness...can't escape these loving spooks

commielingus
Jan 23, 2021

by Athanatos
chris hedges just interviewed the author of thread favorite The Devil’s Chessboard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcyahFNYqxg

nut
Jul 30, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

so, okay - I've read through (part of) Jeremy Scahill's "Dirty Wars", and a big portion of that book was about Obama's drone striking of Anwar al-Awlaki and his son, Abdulrahman. It's been a while since I've read it so I could be wrong, but my impression was that Anwar wasn't a terrorist, and that he was mostly smeared as one via circumstantial evidence.

Now this article is saying that Anwar actually was Al-Qaeda leadership, but also that he was in the pay of the CIA? Obviously that doesn't really excuse the problem of Obama drone-striking a US citizen extrajudicially, but was I just misremembering the book, or was Scahill not quite deep enough?

I'd totally believe it. I was listening to some of the first season of Blowback and, I don't remember the details, but I was under the impression that even the original conception of Al Qaeda was an American invention. Many of the "cells" grouped under its name had nothing to do with one another and certainly didn't have any sort of central organization or leader.

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007
Maybe an interesting article here for anyone who cares to bypass the paywall:

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/false-memories-can-be-planted-and-then-reduced-researchers-find-11616440361

nut
Jul 30, 2019

creepy way to start a paper. Piaget is a famous child development psychologist if anyone didn't know.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

gradenko_2000 posted:

Obama's drone striking of Anwar al-Awlaki and his son, Abdulrahman.

Don't forget Trump killing his 8-year-old daughter, also a U.S. citizen, six years later. Someone really wanted that entire family dead.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

SplitSoul posted:

Don't forget Trump killing his 8-year-old daughter, also a U.S. citizen, six years later. Someone really wanted that entire family dead.

wait what the gently caress? the little girl killed in the SEAL team raid in like Trump's first week in office was his daughter???

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

gradenko_2000 posted:

wait what the gently caress? the little girl killed in the SEAL team raid in like Trump's first week in office was his daughter???

it was a droning, not a raid. but yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

mdemone posted:

it was a droning, not a raid. but yeah.

No, it was a raid. She was shot to death.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Nawar_al-Awlaki