Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

There at least two Star Wars show in development? Including Obi-Wan show, which I would watch even if it was just several hours of Ewan McGregor looking sad in the desert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

It's worded weirdly but I meant that people who hated Johnson for TLJ begrudgingly liked Knives Out.
If you weren't confused on that front and are instead asking how that happened? Movie's just drat good.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Come aboard and bring aloooong all your Star Wars Dreams!
Together we can find the Snyder Cut that we’re looking fooooor!

De-Rail!

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

https://twitter.com/grantthethief/status/1374381059719135238

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

i am tim! posted:

De-Rail!

also :emptyquote:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jamie Faith posted:

You don't have to pretend that the movie where the fascist gets his neck snapped at the end is morally superior to the one where the hero gets help from the CIA to put down a revolution. It's just a fact. Sorry people dunk on the MCU man but it's nothing worth getting salty over :)
I admit I'm being salty about it; though that is very broad strokes disingenuous over what happened in Black Panther The comic relief character gets a scene where he blows up some ships. I would be more with you if like the CIA had more of an active role than Martin Freeman playing the fish out of water. Like it's bullshit to compare that to what the CIA has actually done to governments and revolutions in my opinion.

The MCU is very Obama neoliberal politics along with the great men bullshit and meritocracy (which goes with Superhero media inevitably), but people treat it like it's this unique psyop when no most of Hollywood is like this once you get to big studio blockbusters

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Mar 23, 2021

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

i am tim! posted:

De-Rail!

I wish the official English We Are was sung by literally anyone else.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

achillesforever6 posted:

I admit I'm being salty about it; though that is very broad strokes disingenuous over what happened in Black Panther The comic relief character gets a scene where he blows up some ships. I would be more with you if like the CIA had more of an active role than Martin Freeman playing the fish out of water. Like it's bullshit to compare that to what the CIA has actually done to governments and revolutions in my opinion.

The MCU is very Obama neoliberal politics along with the great men bullshit and meritocracy (which goes with Superhero media inevitably), but people treat it like it's this unique psyop when no most of Hollywood is like this once you get to big studio blockbusters

Sorry if my og post was a little :smug: and yeah, the military poo poo is not a unique problem to MCU movies. It's a systematic problem in the entertainment industry. I just don't know why you want to take hostile swipes at Snyder flicks because of it

Junpei Hyde posted:

I wish the official English We Are was sung by literally anyone else.

Also this :smith:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
We all gave the hammergun poo poo but it looks like something that actually would exist in the world of One Piece.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/Amphy139Twitch/status/1374307728911335425

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

No.1 Special posted:

Mother's Basement - The UNFATHOMABLE GENIUS of Sonic's Aesthetic

https://youtu.be/AMBMsuy6WyQ
This was six days ago, but Sonic being the Vegeta to Mario's Goku and Shadow being a Mickey Mouse combined with two Vegetas are aesthetic takes I am very pleased with.

I do not accept the Wario slander, however.

Supersonic Shine fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Mar 23, 2021

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHHJs35Or8s
lowtax being officially banned is a good birthday present

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

FuturePastNow posted:

Just cutting the long shots of Aquaman ripping his shirt off and staring at the ocean would save 30 minutes

I'm sorry are you somehow implying Jason Mamoa taking his shirt off isn't essential to the film? Because if you are, you're very much wrong. If I was a director I'd begin each scene with him and Cavill tearing their shirts off to [Ancient lamentations]
I think we can all agree that beats the feet fetish thing :colbert:

achillesforever6 posted:

He's not just a comic relief character though, he's the audience stand in to whom the Wakandians explain things to (and by extension whom we relate to), and who has a big heroic sacrifice moment where he uses a drone to murder black revolutionaries. Like that part always gets me, THAT was the best way to have him make himself useful?!

It's also worth remembering that in the comics, Ross was a state department employee, so changing it so he's CIA is a real :thunk: moment

McCloud fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Mar 23, 2021

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

We review in a postiety

A postiety of bad takes

including mine.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

StealthArcher posted:

We review in a postiety

A postiety of bad takes

including mine.

Technically that joker quote takes place post-society :thunk:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

BFC posted:

It's worded weirdly but I meant that people who hated Johnson for TLJ begrudgingly liked Knives Out.
If you weren't confused on that front and are instead asking how that happened? Movie's just drat good.

I thought you meant people hated the movie haha. Yeah Knives Out is close to movie zenith. Almost no fat, superb production values, it knows what it wants to do and executes it perfectly.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

McCloud posted:

Technically that joker quote takes place post-society :thunk:

given the character

:thejoke:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Jason Momoa is attractive

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

BFC posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHHJs35Or8s
lowtax being officially banned is a good birthday present

Does he get fed two goatses near the end?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Junpei Hyde posted:

Jason Momoa is attractive

Nah, he's just tall, muscular, tanned, has pretty eyes and gorgeous hair...

...well, gently caress

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Did they accidentally leave in Flash dialogue from the Whedon cut.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Junpei Hyde posted:

nah you can tell the difference because the Snyder jokes bottom out at "bad" while the Whedon jokes are outright awful

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

No.1 Special posted:

Mother's Basement - The UNFATHOMABLE GENIUS of Sonic's Aesthetic

https://youtu.be/AMBMsuy6WyQ

Finally watching this, and I gotta say that you can tell Geoff has been watching Tim Rogers.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Dawgstar posted:

In before The Irishman is called 'more of Marty's mobster propaganda.'

normally i agree,

Junpei Hyde posted:

yeah. i am mixed on the flash dialogue but it sorta works with the flash. like it fits the character but its too weird. i think alot of its solid so far. i am gonna watch the rest yesterday(just got to part 4 with a friend)

MiddleOne posted:

I thought you meant people hated the movie haha. Yeah Knives Out is close to movie zenith. Almost no fat, superb production values, it knows what it wants to do and executes it perfectly.

yeah. i had issues with tlj(though over all liked it) and i enjoyed knives out alot. its a fun movie with a good message.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Oh cyborg is MrBeast

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Derails over but I wanna bring back the old jokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYZZ2FInqd4

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

I liked the Flash jokes in the Snyder version. (Never saw the Whedon version so I cant say but I'm sure it was horrible)

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Jamie Faith posted:

I liked the Flash jokes in the Snyder version. (Never saw the Whedon version so I cant say but I'm sure it was horrible)

Falling onto Wonder Woman's tits, and not knowing what Brunch is, is about the extent of it.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Falling onto Wonder Woman's tits, and not knowing what Brunch is, is about the extent of it.

:chloe:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuughhhhhhhhh

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jamie Faith posted:

You don't have to pretend that the movie where the fascist gets his neck snapped at the end is morally superior to the one where the hero gets help from the CIA to put down a revolution. It's just a fact. Sorry people dunk on the MCU man but it's nothing worth getting salty over :)

Chiding one superhero movie over being worse based on how deeply entwined they are with the US Military is like looking at the Trolley Problem with one side labeled 'Government Handling of Flint Michigan' and the other being 'Government Handling of Texas blizzard' there are no good answers.

Support indie films.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

RareAcumen posted:

Chiding one superhero movie over being worse based on how deeply entwined they are with the US Military is like looking at the Trolley Problem with one side labeled 'Government Handling of Flint Michigan' and the other being 'Government Handling of Texas blizzard' there are no good answers.

Support indie films.

I wasnt really talking about how entwined they were with the military because as I said before, it's a systemic issue that affects all of the entertainment industry. I was referring to the themes of the films.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Fun fact! When whedon told them to do the falling into tits gag Gal Gadot refused to have any part of it, and when her stunt double also expressed dislike Whedon’s response was to drag the double into a room off-set and scream at her for a half a loving hour about how if she didn’t do the scene he’d ruin her career.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I think I can somehow tell the exact point where flash falls on wonder woman's boobs in whedonleague and gently caress Joss Whedon

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Fun fact! When whedon told them to do the falling into tits gag Gal Gadot refused to have any part of it, and when her stunt double also expressed dislike Whedon’s response was to drag the double into a room off-set and scream at her for a half a loving hour about how if she didn’t do the scene he’d ruin her career.

JESUS

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

I have no joke for that one. What a monster... Whedon can burn in hell.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Joss Whedon: the worst!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
but Flash's actor was OK with it? :chloe:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Now I'm glad more than ever that I :filez:'d the original version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I don't know what's more disturbing: Whedon being used to throwing massive tantrums when he isn't getting what he wants, or him going to such lengths for a shot right out of a horny C-grade anime.