Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fleetwood posted:

Bernie would be the pestilence mage who asks the queen to cover him in Her poo poo as a reward for saving the day

my response to this is half :chloe: and half

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Q: why do you think vaush is an op? what would be the benefit of it?
A:

https://twitter.com/commieactivity/status/1374420196732010499

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Yes it's one of those fantastic British euphemisms.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I mean the benefit would obviously be to try to turn left youth enthusiasm into harmless Democratic cheerleading

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

joepinetree posted:

Back during the government shut down stuff with DACA, when I tried to defend Gutierrez when he attaced Pelosi over democrats caving, someone said "well, democrats have no power now, anything they could do is just for show. Now, if they get all three branches and don't abolish the filibuster to pass immigration reform, then you'll have a point." I wonder what would happen if I dug up those posts.

Nothing. It is staggering how little liberals care about anything except their precious authorities and institutions. Everything else is fodder.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Bideo James posted:

the 100million dollars for josh whedon to reshoot 10 scenes of people talking to add in jokes was cool

the best part of the RLM review was going over all these scenes and trying to guess how much money each joke cost. it really makes you realize how stupid of an industry hollywood is.

idk what the actual price tag value of it would be but I know would could have gotten Flint at least part of the way to having working water infrastructure again for the cost of cgi-ing out henry cavill's mustache.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Nothing. It is staggering how little liberals care about anything except their precious authorities and institutions. Everything else is fodder.

Oh, I didn't mean what would happen to them...

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

joepinetree posted:

Back during the government shut down stuff with DACA, when I tried to defend Gutierrez when he attaced Pelosi over democrats caving, someone said "well, democrats have no power now, anything they could do is just for show. Now, if they get all three branches and don't abolish the filibuster to pass immigration reform, then you'll have a point." I wonder what would happen if I dug up those posts.

USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

loquacius posted:

my response to this is half :chloe: and half

look I just don't like Bernie ok

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Cpt_Obvious posted:

No they care a lot about everything in their own life being comfortable and predictable. Try building an apartment building in a SFZ in a deep blue area of a blue city and see what happens. Any amount of human misery and fascism is worth preserving what lies within their line of sight.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Ive genuinely been trying not to post in or even read dnd or post about its posters here but if that loving freak how are u posts his concern trolling poo poo in the Tara Reade thread again im going sicko mode

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

oh, it was a cancer mage, not a pestilence mage

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

joepinetree posted:

This is violence.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Sanders really trying to convince himself he hasn't helped usher in the most conservative Democrats into office by looking at the sign on the door saying MOST PROGRESSIVE and nodding.

I'd really like to hear his take on the border or the environment since he's been real silent on it despite talking about how bright the future is for leftism and the youth.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Eggplant Squire posted:

Sanders really trying to convince himself he hasn't helped usher in the most conservative Democrats into office by looking at the sign on the door saying MOST PROGRESSIVE and nodding.

I'd really like to hear his take on the border or the environment since he's been real silent on it despite talking about how bright the future is for leftism and the youth.

His best friend Joe Biden assures him that both those things are fine

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/tony_magoni/status/1374372015944077320

our system is basically aristocracy

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

hell yeah let's set up that casus belli

can't wait for the 2050 Restoration of the Union war with the UK

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

yep

the best take I read on the whole thing was in the Irish Times:

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/harry-and-meghan-the-union-of-two-great-houses-the-windsors-and-the-celebrities-is-complete-1.4504502 posted:

Harry and Meghan: The union of two great houses, the Windsors and the Celebrities, is complete

Having a monarchy next door is a little like having a neighbour who’s really into clowns and has daubed their house with clown murals, displays clown dolls in each window and has an insatiable desire to hear about and discuss clown-related news stories. More specifically, for the Irish, it’s like having a neighbour who’s really into clowns and, also, your grandfather was murdered by a clown.

Beyond this, it’s the stuff of children’s stories. Having a queen as head of state is like having a pirate or a mermaid or Ewok as head of state. What’s the logic? Bees have queens, but the queen bee lays all of the eggs in the hive. The queen of the Britons has laid just four British eggs, and one of those is the sweatless creep Prince Andrew, so it’s hardly deserving of applause.

The contemporary royals have no real power. They serve entirely to enshrine classism in the British nonconstitution. They live in high luxury and low autonomy, cosplaying as their ancestors, and are the subject of constant psychosocial projection from people mourning the loss of empire. They’re basically a Rorschach test that the tabloids hold up in order to gauge what level of hysterical batshittery their readers are capable of at any moment in time.

The most recent internecine struggle is between the royal family and a newly disentangled Prince Harry and his wife, the former actor Meghan Markle. Traditionally, us peasants would be nervously picking a side and retrieving our pikes from the thatch. Luckily, these days the pitched battles happen in television interviews.

[....]

Over the course of the interview Harry and Meghan, who are charming, clever and good at being celebrities, make the monarchy look like an archaic and endemically racist institution that has no place in the modern world. Well duh. And despite all the outrage you might read in the UK tabloids right now, they also did something else that renders everything else irrelevant: they officially launched themselves in the United States.

Harry revealed their next child’s gender – it’s a girl – in this interview, but Harry and Meghan are also pregnant with a nascent media empire and lucrative Spotify and Netflix contracts. Of course, their critics accuse them of being money-hungry careerists for this, but that’s hilarious coming from sycophants to hereditary tax-suckling grifters. Arranging a Netflix deal that the couple actually have to work for is pretty benign royal behaviour when you compare it with conquest and general parasitism.

Harry and Meghan are ultimately going to win. Despite the tabloid frenzy, this was never the story of an ungrateful pauper being elevated by the monarchy. This was about the potential union of two great houses, the Windsors and Californian Celebrity. Only one of those things has a future, and it’s the one with the Netflix deal.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

"mental health startup"

"Microlearning delivered in the flow of work"

absolutely nightmarish, or the perfect liberal technocrat dream

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Why do you hear a lot of people in lib and lib-adjacent circles talk with a 'child' voice? In terms of tone, mannerisms, using words like 'icky' and so on? Doesn't seem to be region specific.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

seems kinda pathetic. This dude could open a distillery and probly sell it for a billion dollars to Diageo brands five years from now

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Fellatio del Toro posted:

"mental health startup"

"Microlearning delivered in the flow of work"

absolutely nightmarish, or the perfect liberal technocrat dream

Jesus Christ, this is literally race science in woke app form

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Blockade posted:

Why do you hear a lot of people in lib and lib-adjacent circles talk with a 'child' voice? In terms of tone, mannerisms, using words like 'icky' and so on? Doesn't seem to be region specific.

Abused at some point, if you believe Loveline circa 2000

Their theory was your voice never progresses past the point of trauma

Whether or not there's science behind that...debatable

Example - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQOPHV2GlVA

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
suicide hotline but as a machine learning app

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/jessehawken/status/1373969383471599624

Pete fighting the good fight against car supremacists

The government releases a new Cars movie, where humans constantly exist in the background as a servant race to the Cars.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Blockade posted:

this started off as a way of being inflammatory in text without offending anyone and progressed until it was a struggle to say something was bad in any way without potentially upsetting anyone on earth in any way

Fleetwood posted:

seems kinda pathetic. This dude could open a distillery and probly sell it for a billion dollars to Diageo brands five years from now

that'd probably take more work

this startup is probably just paying him a salary the same way they might pay for an advertising campaign

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Feldegast42 posted:

Jesus Christ, this is literally race science in woke app form

I have no doubt the British Royalty is racist as hell but I'm also dubious that young Harry who wore a nazi costume to a colonizers themed party is much better than the rest of his family somehow and isn't just whitewashing himself.

LGD posted:

yep

the best take I read on the whole thing was in the Irish Times:

Yup

Eggplant Squire has issued a correction as of 20:15 on Mar 23, 2021

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Radirot posted:

suicide hotline but as a machine learning app

hello *kevin*, you have called the betterup mental health hotline. your betterup productivity rating of 23% above average indicates you have much to live for. killing yourself would mean you could not improve on your 44% below average betterup work-life balance metric. have a nice day.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Blockade posted:

look, fat

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Fluffdaddy and Main Paineframe are squabbling in QCS about whether banning the phrase "Concentration Camp" in D&D is dumb

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3963024#post513439355

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Vim Fuego posted:

Fluffdaddy and Main Paineframe are squabbling in QCS about whether banning the phrase "Concentration Camp" in D&D is dumb

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3963024#post513439355

an argument both will lose because it is D&D itself that is dumb. all other issues stem from that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
when the idpol bites you back

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1374437476845060104

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

ajit pai for fcc

https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/1374439210350903302

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

im in favor of banning the concentration camps so im glad dnd is too

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Tammy Duckworth sucks so much but lol @ everyone in the replies mad at her for being offended that 'hey mack Kamala's half Indian, that's good enough' was the white house answer

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/jessehawken/status/1373969383471599624

Pete fighting the good fight against car supremacists

Think he meant dogs

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

I thought they nominated Neera Tanden for OMB? How'd that work out?

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
AOC and the Squad could learn something from Tammy Duckworth's commitment to her ideals

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Vim Fuego posted:

I thought they nominated Neera Tanden for OMB? How'd that work out?

Her candidacy was shot down entirely by the perfidious and noted misogynist, Bernie Sanders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

Think he meant dogs

The purpose of curs is to serve the needs of people, not the other way around. Our policies should reflect that #SXSW

:hmmyes: