Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

SKULL.GIF posted:

1. It never happened
2. I did contact them but it was strictly professional
3. I did engage in sexual contact with them
4. ?

Setting up the lying whore defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

How can we harass/bribe these people if we don’t know who they are

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

2021-15613 is the 3rd lawsuit, the one where he forced the woman to perform oral. https://www.scribd.com/document/499308891/Deshaun-Watson-Lawsuit-3

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Setting up the lying whore defense.

It looks like they chose to attack the lawsuit with the worst, most violent conduct, and they seem to believe if they can successfully smear/discard that case then the others will seem less credible as their allegations aren't as extreme.

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Mar 23, 2021

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Pron on VHS posted:

Hey Eifert. I get what you are saying, but like, ... no poo poo? Of course people rationalize their bad behavior, of course. No one on the planet thinks Watsons going "oh man, im such a horrific rapist, god this is such scummy poo poo I am doing, anyways time to hit up the gram"

If y'all think this is just completely obvious then cool. I know a lot of people who just completely surrender agency when it comes to their faults.

I think we're on an inevitable path to Wilson making the argument that he has a compulsive behavior that he has no control over, which is always the end stage when people are called out and refuse to change. It wouldn't surprise me if his own defense at some point is more or less exactly what you posted.

This whole thing has sex addiction defense all over it. (Prematurely: no that does not excuse anything)

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Mar 23, 2021

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

FizFashizzle posted:

How can we harass/bribe these people if we don’t know who they are

Maybe they just want to do some good old fashioned character assassination.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Doing character assassination for 24 (and counting) separate women will take some heavy lifting.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Eifert Posting posted:

If y'all think this is just completely obvious then cool.

of course it's incredibly obvious unless you're stunted to the point of needing this explained and getting the reaction you're getting

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Eifert Posting posted:

This whole thing has sex addiction defense all over it. (Prematurely: no that does not excuse anything)

that's not really a defense in any universe since a rich young NFL quarterback has multiple avenues with which to pursue consensual sex

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

If y'all think this is just completely obvious then cool. I know a lot of people who just completely surrender agency when it comes to their faults.

I think we're on an inevitable path to Wilson making the argument that he has a compulsive behavior that he has no control over, which is always the end stage when people are called out and refuse to change. It wouldn't surprise me if his own defense at some point is more or less exactly what you posted.

I implore you to stop.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
https://twitter.com/aaronwilson_nfl/status/1374459343941242889?s=21

More details about the (alleged) blackmail attempt via affidavit.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It seems bizarre to me that Watson is both indicating that these visits likely actually occurred but also that he needs the names of the parties who are alleging against him. The only way that would make sense is if the number of folks he's actually contacted and interacted with are well above the 20-something figure people quote.

Makes me think there's either way way way more people out there than we know about that he interacted with, or they're simply trying to make their names public to try and discourage other people from coming forward.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

That's definitely Something To Think About

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Eifert is determined to figure this whole thing out right now.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

The most useful thing about your posts in this thread has been the fact I can time my watch perfectly with “Dumb poo poo O’Clock” and hop on to see you make a fool of yourself again

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hey look, something new to talk about!

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1374460485479792643?s=20

quote:

Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson was the subject of a $30,000 blackmail attempt from one the 14 massage therapists alleging sexual assault and harassment in civil litigation, according to a sworn affidavit released by his Houston-based attorney, Rusty Hardin.

Bryan Burney, the marketing manager for Watson, submitted in the affidavit that “Jane Doe” believed to be the third plaintiff out of of 14 civil lawsuits filed by attorney Tony Buzbee, stated that she wanted $30,000 for her 'indefinite silence’ regarding an alleged Dec. 28, 2020 encounter with Watson. The civil suit alleges that Watson "coerced and intimidated" her to perform oral sex on him at a Houston office building.

“I asked her what she would be silent about and whether anything had happened with Deshaun against her will,” Burney stated. “ She confirmed that everything that occurred was consensual during her encounter with Deshaun. I asked Ms. Doe why Deshaun should pay for silence regarding something that was consensual – whatever it was. She said that it was a matter that both she and Deshaun would wish to keep secret and that she would need to be paid for her 'silence.'”

Burney stated that after that conversation, he received a call from a man saying he was the alleged victim’s business manager, that the encounter would be “embarrassing” if Watson didn’t pay what was demanded.

“ I told this individual that his demand to be paid for not revealing a consensual interaction between two adults was extortion,” Burney said. "He responded, “It’s not extortion, it’s blackmail. I informed this individual that Deshaun would not be paying the $30,000 requested.

“In the years that I have known Deshaun, I have known him to be a respectful, decent human being. I do not believe him capable of the conduct that 'Jane Doe' has anonymously accused him of in this case. This conduct is also completely inconsistent with multiple statements made by Jane Doe and by her “business manager,” indicating that her encounter with Deshaun involved only consensual activity.”

In a statement, Hardin defended Watson, who is facing the lawsuits in Harris County District Court. Buzbee said during a press conference that he is in contact with 22 alleged victims and that he may file additional cases.

“I want to emphasize at the outset that we and Deshaun recognize that sexual assault and harassment are not only unlawful, but morally wrong,” Hardin stated. “It takes courage for women to come forward to report being mistreated, particularly when they attach their names to a lawsuit. We do not take these allegations lightly. However, fairness to the accused is equally as important.

"Opposing counsel has orchestrated a circus-like atmosphere by using social media to publicize 14 “Jane Doe” lawsuits during the past seven days in a manner calculated to inflame the public and malign Deshaun’s otherwise sterling reputation. In addition, the tactic of refusing our requests to confidentially provide the names of the plaintiffs so we can fully investigate their claims makes uncovering the truth extremely difficult. Anonymity is often necessary as a shield for victims but opposing counsel has used it as a sword to publicly humiliate Deshaun before the truth seeking process can even begin.

"I believe that any allegation that Deshaun forced a woman to commit a sexual act is completely false. And in the one case in which we have been able to identify a plaintiff, we have strong evidence showing the allegation is false. In January of this year, a woman attempted to blackmail Deshaun by demanding $30,000 in exchange for her “indefinite silence” about what she stated was a consensual encounter. It is our belief this woman is the plaintiff in Cause No. 2021-15613.”

Buzbee has emphasized that these lawsuits aren't financially motivated.

“The case ain’t about money, and certainly not publicity or fame,” Buzbee said. "I personally don’t need it, and these women don’t want it. This case is about female empowerment, taking the power back. These women who are stepping forward knew that they would face scorn and ridicule. They bring these cases for one reason: stopping misconduct from this defendant.”

Hardin defended Watson, 25, who has no previous off-field incidents and has repeatedly drawn praise in the past for his character and philanthropy in Houston and in his hometown of Gainesville, Ga.

"We have received numerous unsolicited comments in the past week from many licensed massage therapists who have worked with Deshaun in recent years," Hardin said. "These women describe him as a gentleman and a model client who never engaged in inappropriate conduct. Indeed, before these salacious claims, everyone who associated with Deshaun described him as an outstanding, respectful, and compassionate man.

"Again, we are taking the allegations very seriously and we ask only that people not rush to judgment, that people not be unduly influenced by opposing counsel’s antics, and that they let fundamental fairness to both sides rule the day."

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Doing character assassination for 24 (and counting) separate women will take some heavy lifting.

They won't need to, if they can successfully make one claim look illegitimate then they all look fake in the eyes of the public. So if you smear one woman you smear them all. If this never goes to criminal court then winning the public relations court is all that will matter to watson to make sure he can keep playing.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

I implore you to stop.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Didn't he say last week that it was a 6-figure settlement?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SKULL.GIF posted:

That was supposedly a demand from Buzbee, this is worded like a demand from an individual associated with one of the accusers.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 23, 2021

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Perhaps alleging a different blackmail attempt that may or may not have happened.

As I vaguely recall Hardin is just as much of a publicity hound as Buzbee is, right?

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Perhaps alleging a different blackmail attempt that may or may not have happened.

As I vaguely recall Hardin is just as much of a publicity hound as Buzbee is, right?

Absolutely but he’s more of a “sleazy yet very skilled lawyer” I don’t get Lionel Hutz vibes from Hardin like I do Buzbee.

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

Eifert Posting posted:

Yeah you're misunderstanding me. I'm not saying he's correct to say that sexually assaulting people is not a big deal.

I'm saying it's very normal for people to take behavior that the vast majority of folks would consider extremely unacceptable and explain away their own practices as not that bad because x or y. You see that from people who serially commit offenses as small as littering and as big as loving murder. It's super common for people who commit sexual assault or sexual harassment to describe it as a prank or a joke. It doesn't justify it but it explains how somebody could commit the same bad activities several times and not feel the need to alter their behavior or even necessarily feel all that bad about it. That's the reason when someone commits a crime one of the prerequisites for being punished isn't that they feel bad about it.

And when I'm saying that everybody has bad or immoral activities that they don't want to get caught doing but don't care enough to stop I'm not pulling a Terrell Prior. For me it's drinking too much, for you it might be talking poo poo behind people's backs or smoking or petty theft or or or or or.

People really don’t like facing this fact of human nature, as we can see from most of the replies to your honest and legitimate take. It’s much easier to point out how horrible everyone else is than to exorcise, or even acknowledge, your own demons.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
He complained that he doesn't know who the accusers are.....we might be in for a double Hutz showdown

https://twitter.com/sarahbarshop/status/1374466924264919046

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Eifert I got your point, but I'm not sure the 'Watson is the bottom barrel of humanity' thread is the place to go deep into armchair psychology of human nature.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fair.

Also going to respectfully disagree with Watson's lawyer on this one. Admitting that he uses Instagram to solicit consensual sexual relationships absolutely does not make me think it's less likely that he pursued non-consensual relations through the same service.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI7lueNH0Cw&t=27s

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
all lawyers are bastards

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
As alluded to earlier, Dabo gets involved

quote:

“We are disappointed to see his name in the news and all that is going on,” Swinney said after a practice on Monday, via TheClemsonInsider.com. “Look, I love Deshaun Watson. He is like a son to me. That is how I love him. As far as all the legal stuff and all of that, that will all take its course and all of that stuff. We certainly can’t speculate or comment on any of that stuff.

“But all I can tell you is that I have known Deshaun since he was in the ninth grade. And that he has been nothing but exemplary in every area that I have ever known him in. Three years here, as a player, I think I had a chance to yell at him one time because he was five minutes late to a team meeting that he overslept for. And that is it. That is the Deshaun I know. I can only base my thought on my experiences with him, which have been wonderful. Again, I love him like a son and we will just have to see where everything else goes from there.”

https://theclemsoninsider.com/2021/03/22/swinney-asked-about-watson-saga/

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Rusty Hardin

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rusty Hardin and Tony Buzbee

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, we knew it would go on to the "it was consensual" defense. gently caress that poo poo. gently caress Watson. I'm convinced he did this poo poo.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
If you have sexual relations with at least 24 women in a year and they are all accusing you of rape then maybe the problem is you.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

a patagonian cavy posted:

all lawyers are bastards

good podcast

dabo fuckin threaded that needle

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If you have sexual relations with at least 24 women in a year and they are all accusing you of rape then maybe the problem is you.

deep thoughts from Jack Easterby.mov - 3.89 mb

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

SKULL.GIF posted:

Florio is being a dumb poo poo as usual. I'll be a bit contrary and say that I think Buzbee has actually done a great job here. He's kept the attention and spectacle firmly focused on him, which means he's getting a lot of the flak that would otherwise be directed at Deshaun's victims.

I think your right.
In someways Buzbe being loud and obnoxious is a feature not a bug.

I think the women that hired him are actually really smart because people will see the lawsuit filed by this crazy Trumptard who parks a tank in his front yard and expect it to be bs right up until the point they read the first complaint.

Buzbe's reputation and outrageous behavior is like a lure for people to read the complaints.

The complaints are what is devastating and perception altering and powerful.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Intruder posted:

I wonder if at some point he shifts from "this never happened" to "they were cool with it at the time"

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Waiting the better part of a week for Rusty to come up with this:
"Hardon, said in a statement that his law firm has 'strong evidence' showing that one of the lawsuits alleging sexual assault is false and that it 'calls into question the legitimacy of the other cases as well.'"

So one may be false, which itself is probably a lie, so that means the 15 others filed as of now must also be smear campaigns. Also they were consensual. Also they didn't happen, but yes they happened.

I hope Watson is paying a lot of money for this

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Declan MacManus posted:

good podcast

dabo fuckin threaded that needle

Yeah honestly it’s a pretty good response from Dabo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Even if one of the accusers were lying that doesn't make the others any less believable. It's clear that he has a pattern of hiring massage therapists and expecting sex, the fact that he's throwing it to the "it was consensual and now they're trying to blackmail me" defense doesn't really fly

e: this is 100% going to turn into a bunch of shitheads saying the old "Everyone knows a guy who had sex with someone in college and then she regretted it so she ruined his life" or some poo poo

Intruder fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean if he has some evidence it would but saying they totally did this trust me is.....not very convincing