Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

BGrifter posted:

What the everliving gently caress is this?

It needs more contrast. I've been fine with the graphical changes so far, this one is just hard to differentiate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

duz posted:

It needs more contrast. I've been fine with the graphical changes so far, this one is just hard to differentiate.

You’re one of the lucky ones. Based on the posts I’m seeing at least half the playerbase is experiencing nausea and headaches when trying to play. I’m one of them.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Weird, wonder what they manged to gently caress up to cause that.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

duz posted:

Weird, wonder what they manged to gently caress up to cause that.

I’m not sure but I’d guess it has to do with the transitioning between lighter on your turn and darker on enemy turns.

Whatever it is I couldn’t even get through my DPD without feeling like I was going to throw up, and it’s definitely not just me. Reddit and the official forums are flooded with posters saying the same. Also apparently the new design is unplayable for colorblind people while the old one was workable.

Someone on there posted there was an issue where one of the 3* Luke Cage attack animations was causing epileptic seizures and D3 fixed it extremely fast. Hopefully this will get a similar response. If not they’re going to start bleeding players fast.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

BGrifter posted:

Whatever it is I couldn’t even get through my DPD without feeling like I was going to throw up, and it’s definitely not just me. Reddit and the official forums are flooded with posters saying the same. Also apparently the new design is unplayable for colorblind people while the old one was workable.

can confirm, there's virtually no contrast in the colors. its essentially unplayable for me

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Huh. Sorry to hear that it's bothering people. I kinda liked it, since the icons on each tile seem sharper, but it's not worth it at the expense of vomiting and excluding players.

mexpak
Nov 9, 2006
Just recovered my account and booted this up for the first time in years.

Completely buried with updates made to this game.

Is there a rundown somewhere of things like shards/equipment/etc?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Shard are stuff you get from milestones (missions), champion levels, events (PvE, PvP), and doing pulls (not from vaults though). You get enough of them and you can convert them into a cover of choice (or add a level to a champion'd card).

3*s require 300 shards, 4*s require 400 shards, and 5*s require 500 shards per cover.

You can favorite a character to guarantee that your shards (from milestones and pulls) are locked into them; that is, if you favorite Ragnarock (3*), Valkyrie (4*), and Gladiator Thor (5*), then all your shards for that respective character tier will be locked into those specific characters. If you have multiple favorited characters in the same tier, then I think it randomly chooses between them, so you're better off only favoriting 1 character per tier at a time.

Shards from champion levels are set for each character. It means you can build towards stuff. Like the 3 I listed above. Ragnarok gives Vaklyrie and X-23 shards, and Valkyrie gives Gladiator Thor shards. They're called feeders cause they feed into the next tier or something. Here's a link showing who leads into who.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a8ldJsB_J0yFQXHarovugjI5c5i4ASJWKcaIgTGKHi4/edit#gid=479460470

Some 5*s do not have feeders, which makes getting them much more difficult.

Equipment only work in PvE stuff, and aren't really well explored cause D3 hasn't really done much with them after a while, from what I can tell. You use Red ISO to level them. You can only pull them with Support Tokens, which are not very common for F2P people. Puzzle Gauntlets are a special type of event that will give out tokens that guaranteed a specific 3* - 5* equipment, but the event itself isn't common.

Equipment have ranks (1* to 5*), and each rank offers access to additional abilities or improved functions on existing abilities. The most commonly obtained support token only offers 1* to 4* equipment. Some equipment also come with unique skills that only work when equipped to specific characters / factions (like X-Men or Villains or Guardians of the Galaxy).

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
:siren: Thanos Event :siren:

everyone come on back and enjoy the new update!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Maldraedior posted:

:siren: Thanos Event :siren:

everyone come on back and enjoy the new update!

Will playing still make me throw up?

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
if it's due to the extremely obnoxious and counterproductive screen dimming on enemy turns, then yes!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Maldraedior posted:

if it's due to the extremely obnoxious and counterproductive screen dimming on enemy turns, then yes!

Hmm they should probably do something about that!

Feels bad losing days on the counter when you’re over 2300 days played but I couldn’t even make it through the DPD battles.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Three weeks till they even make tweaks that may hopefully fix the nausea-inducing migraine causing UI. No rollback to the non-pukey UI, just tweaks they hope might help.

https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=news&f=upcoming-gameboard-fixes-3-19-21&l=en

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

3 weeks lol

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man, I wonder how people manage to resist the temptation to pull.

I had like 20 LLTs and 200 CP saved and then I spent all my LLTs with the justification that the pulls would let me add another cover to Immortal Hulk.

I also had 70 for both Taco vaults and spent all of them over the past week.

The only thing I can seem to horde is CP and Spicy Taco Tokens and ISO, and that last one's only because I ran out of 4*s to champ.

Oh and I guess Red ISO but the only supports I use are Okoye's and Strange's (which I gave to Thor for the starting Yellow AP).

I wish 2*s could use supports, would make their daily Taco fights fare more tolerable.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
State of the game update:

“Someone on the MPQ forums” posted:

WHAT CAUSES THE HEAD ACHES AND MIGRAINES / EYE STRAINS

I, like many have been getting migraines with the new game board. This is rather my favourite game so I have still been trying to find ways to play it. It got me into thinking though of what causes this. I recorded the gameplay into a video and studied it. Then it became very clear. The board is dark now... even more dark during enemy turn. Then the eye adjusts to the dark... making our pupils large. Then during gameplay, there are split second flashes that are bright. Since our pupils are already large...the flashes affect our eyes is a negative way...not giving them any time to adjust. It's like looking into a camera's flash directly during photography...except it happens many time over a few seconds. Worst still our pupils are now constantly adjusting making the eye muscles fatigue very quickly and eventually causing the migraines for those sensitive to such instances.

Source: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/84797/what-causes-the-new-board-migraines-and-how-to-cope

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The new 4* looks wonderful, finally a way to say gently caress you to special tile teams (on Shield PvP, at least, in event PvPs I'm still stuck using Thorkoye so I don't have space for him).

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.
I don't mean to spam up the thread but I could not find any info on alliances. I just got back into the game and would love to get back on that sweet alliance loot! I'm on mobile. I vaguely remember an alliance called Roxxon Oil? I can't seem to find it now.

Cadiem
Oct 9, 2007
If Roxxin Oil is full feel free to boot me. Uninstalled after the last update was giving me headaches.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Okay, if that is what you wish. There's an open spot on Roxxon Oil now. Just apply and I'll let you in. And if you want to come back when/if they've fixed the screen Cadiem, there will possibly be an open spot. I'll kick people who have been idle for a month or more, but only if there's someone else who wants in. Currently there's no one who fits that criterion, but a couple people are on the bubble.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm just in a random alliance, but if goon crew positions do open up down the line I'd be interested in joining.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Was gonna keep hording CP but everyone was talking about how good the current banner was so I tossed all 24 of my pulls in there.

Got 2 Kitty Red / 2 Kitty Yellow (bringing her to 5/0/5), 1 BRB Green / 1 BRG Blue, and I think I also got a 5* Strange? Might have been for his Purple, which was already at 5.

Either way, not a bad hall. Really wish one of those Kitty Yellows had been Purple though. Then I could have just set Emma has my shard 4* and started pumping her up, since the 280 cover is a Kitty Yellow.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Climbing back into this dumb game after a year away, is there a casual goon alliance I could join? Looks like Roxxon Oil is full.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Man, I don't know why my brain is drawing a blank so much on these puzzle things, but I can't remember which characters generate what color tiles to best solve these nodes.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Mystique and Quake got me through a lot of the "get rid of X tile" nodes. Saving up enough for 2 casts of Quake's Blue can generally get rid of a single color on the board.

Thor (2, 3) create both Yellow (via Red) and Green (via Yellow).

Widow (3) creates Green (via Purple).

Magneto (2) creates Blue and Red (via Purple).

Scarlet Witch (3) creates Purple (via passive).

Storm (1, 3) and Magneto (3) get rid of Team Up Tiles (Yellow for Storm, Red for Magneto).

These were the characters I used for the puzzles. With some help from AP feeders like IM40 or Vulture or whatever.

Sometimes the node's trait doesn't really help, like in the "get rid of green tiles" node that increases purple tile frequencies, you're limited to like 4* Cap, Mystique, Quake, and Misty from what I can tell, and the only one who uses purple is Mystique, and it's a stun power that doesn't do anything to destroy/create tiles. At best you can use it to stun the enemy BW to prevent her from making more green tiles. So I just took Quake, saved up enough for 2 casts of her blue, and got rid of the tiles that way.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot, Domino, whose powers all have to do with creating or getting rid of black tiles.

ZepiaEltnamOberon fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Apr 5, 2021

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
Kamala (3) also creates Green tiles for purple AP, and from any color of your choosing.

And Cyclops (3) turns team ups red for yellow.

Shit Fuckasaurus fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 5, 2021

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

Darthemed posted:

Climbing back into this dumb game after a year away, is there a casual goon alliance I could join? Looks like Roxxon Oil is full.

Got an opening in Roxxon currently for you.

Are any other of the goon alliances still operating? Its been radio silence from them for some time.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Thanks! I’m in as Pending, if someone can confirm my joining.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

The colors and contrast have been improved. Hopefully to the extent they aren't making people sick anymore.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

duz posted:

The colors and contrast have been improved. Hopefully to the extent they aren't making people sick anymore.

Yeah it’s not nausea inducing anymore. Just ugly.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm gonna do it this time, I'm going to save up enough pulls for Latest so I can max all 3 Latests at once.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I'm gonna do it this time, I'm going to save up enough pulls for Latest so I can max all 3 Latests at once.

You have 1:7 odds of getting any one power of the three Latests and you need a total of 13 for each. Even ignoring that the powers max at 5 and therefore some pulls will be useless, that's 273 pulls on the vault.

It's left as an exercise to the reader to figure out how long you'd have to max out your daily possible Command Points and pulls to get that many, but I think it's at least a few months.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Plastik posted:

You have 1:7 odds of getting any one power of the three Latests and you need a total of 13 for each. Even ignoring that the powers max at 5 and therefore some pulls will be useless, that's 273 pulls on the vault.

It's left as an exercise to the reader to figure out how long you'd have to max out your daily possible Command Points and pulls to get that many, but I think it's at least a few months.

It’s about 7000 CP

One thing that really really helps to keep those LT tokens rolling in is to constantly be switching around your favorites.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Plastik posted:

I managed to save like 500 before they released the whoozy that was the Dr. Strange / Kitty / BRB Vault which I couldn't say no to.

But I doubt they'll have a Vault that great again anytime soon. It'd need to have like, Okoye and iHulk for me to consider pulling on it.

Also helps that I'm not really interested in most of the current LTTs (except Wandavision, who isn't even in the LTT yet), so I don't feel the urge to pull.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
It feels so insanely bad to have a level 435 Thanos, a 405 Old Man Logan both from when 5*s were relatively new and zero other playable 5*s. :sigh:

I’ve got close to half the 4*s champed and covers for all but a couple. 98% of my PVP matches are Kitty/4* R&G/something scary. I can skip 20-25 times before hitting a team without Kitty and they still have a champed BRB or Apoc usually.

It’s kept me from taking the game seriously for years at this point. I’ve been tempted to sell Thanos and OML so many times. I couldn’t have screwed my account up worse if I’d tried.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I know the feel, my PvP matchups were hosed to hell because I had a 435 Silver Surfer and a 405 Thanos, and I took a 10 month break from the game cause I got so frustrated with PvP.

I had to rely on Thanos + Silver Surfer + America Chavez/Event Character for PvP and it was tedious as gently caress. I resorted to doing nothing but daily Deadpools cause it killed the desire to play.

At least now I have a champed Okoye (thanks to all the new milestone shards they gave out, thank loving god I favorited Okoye before going on hiatus and not some other 5*) and a decently covered Thor (5/2/4 or something), which makes both PvE (CL10) and PvP much more manageable.

The only annoying thing about using Thor in PvP is that I have to Thanos or retreat away Thor's health till he can start at under 50% HP.

Also helps that they got rid of Bishop's oppressiveness in PvP cause holy poo poo I hated Bishop so much. I forget who he was paired with (Jessica?), I just remember that I hated him.

Like, I avoid fighting Hulkoye teams and any team with a BRB but at least I don't hate them like I hated Bishop.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
Any room in the Alliance? Getting back into it.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
PizzaDog seems to have like 6-8 inactives again.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

LorneReams posted:

PizzaDog seems to have like 6-8 inactives again.

Add me please name is SkippyRatBoy just joined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

ScottyJSno posted:

Add me please name is SkippyRatBoy just joined

Somebody wake up a commander.