Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Most of the cartoons are about Scott Morrison's press conference yesterday, after images were released of Liberal staffers masturbating on female MPs desks.

Morrison wanted to say that after of month of this he now "got it", that he was shocked at all this, he now knew to listen to women. He then shed tears about how his wife and daughters were the centre of his life and how much he loved his mum.

Then the questions came and he completely swerved back to form when a Sky News reporter asked how the hell this kind of behaviour is acceptable in a workplace and Morrison shot back about how he knew of a complaint of harassment at Sky, going into the details, and how the media "sit in glass houses" and should "be careful".

Sky News then said they knew of no such complaint, and Morrison had to apologise for weaponising a rumour.

Pope:

Rowe:

Spooner:

Knight: might put a NSFW link on this as it includes the pixelated version of the staffer on the desk
https://i.imgur.com/yyg4nvF.png

Warren Brown: "Caution: Glass"

Wilcox:

There are renewed talks within the Liberal party about introducing quotas to increase the number of women MPs; previously they have been extremely vocal against it, including Morrison.

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Mar 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Trapezium Dave posted:

Most of the cartoons are about Scott Morrison's press conference yesterday, after images were released of Liberal staffers masturbating on female MPs desks.

:stonk:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Trapezium Dave posted:

What the gently caress.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Trapezium Dave posted:

Morrison wanted to say that after of month of this he now "got it", that he was shocked at all this, he now knew to listen to women. He then shed tears about how his wife and daughters were the centre of his life and how much he loved his mum.
Ah, the old "As a father of daughters, I am deeply concerned" move.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Jurgan posted:

Did you know trans people were the real Nazis, and vice versa? I don't know who this person is, but I'm sharing because she has a Sinfest comic in her profile. https://twitter.com/marstrina/status/1373628168200945673?s=20

Is the plan to share anything from anyone who possibly looked at a cartoon once?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

What the gently caress.

While recording it to send to coworkers. Now this is a scandal w/ legs.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Jurgan posted:

Did you know trans people were the real Nazis, and vice versa? I don't know who this person is, but I'm sharing because she has a Sinfest comic in her profile. https://twitter.com/marstrina/status/1373628168200945673?s=20

Don't just post some rando's Twitter as ragebait.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I guess Tom Tomorrow is funny sometimes, but this is Gorrell-level lazy. You'd better have some very funny dialogue if you're going to copy the same couple of faces 7 times.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Mr. Squishy posted:

While recording it to send to coworkers. Now this is a scandal w/ legs.

Seriously what the gently caress.

Does this person just hate their job so they intentionally did the worst possible thing to ensure they'd be forever unemployed?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Apparently there is a secret online group chat of Liberal staffers that have, for the last two years, been swapping pictures and videos of themselves performing sex acts inside of parliament.

This is after multiple rape allegations against liberal party staffers coming out over the last few weeks.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Trapezium Dave posted:

Warren Brown: "Caution: Glass"

Oh, He put Porter in there twice. And lumped the victim in with all the problems with the government.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Goddamn it Australia, I was about to be sad with the Israeli elections when you just burst through the door with the most disgusting thing ever.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I guess Tom Tomorrow is funny sometimes, but this is Gorrell-level lazy. You'd better have some very funny dialogue if you're going to copy the same couple of faces 7 times.

He never does, is the problem.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I realize the Kellies are about the worst but uh

holy poo poo this one hits

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

FFT posted:

I realize the Kellies are about the worst but uh

holy poo poo this one hits

I mean, I'd be open to a best toon category...

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Crossposting from the Roommate intrusion! thread in GBS

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jurgan posted:

Did you know trans people were the real Nazis, and vice versa? I don't know who this person is, but I'm sharing because she has a Sinfest comic in her profile.

She's a transphobe, OP.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Mar 24, 2021

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: How You Can Survive on $1400

Ted Rall posted:

A $1.9 trillion stimulus bill sounds like a lot of money, and it is, but a single payment of $1400 isn’t going to go very far for the 40 million people who lost their jobs over the last year and the millions of people who are facing eviction or foreclosure. Maybe all they need to survive is a little imagination.

First Dog on the Moon: I gave a press conference about women just the other day! What more leadership do these ghouls want?

Chris Uhlmann is the senior political reporter at Channel 9 and delivers the softest of softballs.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Trapezium Dave posted:

Ugh how are you always the worst, Rall?

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Trapezium Dave posted:

Tod Roll: People are like worms? Right?
Also it looks like the hobo is keeping his hands on the chest pockets, cause there's handwarmer pocket also.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Jurgan posted:

Is Eddie Izzard well-regarded by the trans community? I always thought his crossdressing was just a gimmick.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Republicans posted:

Is Eddie Izzard well-regarded by the trans community? I always thought his crossdressing was just a gimmick.

That's not a gimmick, she's genderfluid: https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2020/dec/21/eddie-izzard-to-use-female-pronouns-she-and-her

And I don't exactly have the authority to speak for the entire trans community, but as a fellow genderfluid person I have a lot of respect for Eddie Izzard.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Republicans posted:

Eddie is gender fluid
https://amp.theguardian.com/culture/2020/dec/21/eddie-izzard-to-use-female-pronouns-she-and-her

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

That's not a gimmick, she's genderfluid: https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2020/dec/21/eddie-izzard-to-use-female-pronouns-she-and-her

And I don't exactly have the authority to speak for the entire trans community, but as a fellow genderfluid person I have a lot of respect for Eddie Izzard.

Ah, I just remember liking his specials when I was a kid and later he stopped wearing dresses and make-up.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Even if she were cis male I don't think there are any circumstances in which it's appropriate to describe someone's attitude to gender identity and presentation as a gimmick.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

\
Kevin Necessary

gently caress it

Kellies nomination : Best (gutpunch) cartoon

Kellies nomination : Best cartoon about a tragedy

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Mar 26, 2021

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Eddie is good people.

Being able to do both this:

And this:

Earnestly and with 100% confidence, that is way beyond a mere gimmick.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

gently caress it

Kellies nomination : Best (gutpunch) cartoon

Kellies nomination : Best cartoon about a tragety

Yeah, if you hadn't beat me to it, I'd be putting it in for some sort of "Actually Good Cartoon" category

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

KozmoNaut posted:

Earnestly and with 100% confidence, that is way beyond a mere gimmick.

Step one: be ridiculously good looking and funny

Step two: don't be a fugly pleb

I'm stuck on step one, but I'm sure it'll come easily to me once I've got that down

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I dont know posted:

Apparently there is a secret online group chat of Liberal staffers that have, for the last two years, been swapping pictures and videos of themselves performing sex acts inside of parliament.

This is after multiple rape allegations against liberal party staffers coming out over the last few weeks.

Edit: we need a Tinsley version of :ck5:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Kellies nomination : Best cartoon about a tragety

If it wasnt a nomination and therefore needing to come up in the search function, I wouldn't point out that its "tragedy." :shobon:

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Mar 24, 2021

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Raised By Birds posted:

When people are allowed to vote, Republicans lose. This is bad for everyone. Somehow.

If more people vote than the people’s voice won’t be heard! I mean the correct people’s voice won’t be heard. That’s how democracy works, Tucker Carlson told me so.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

The worst thing about cartoons like this is knowing there are people who unironically take it as a good point. Somebody out there is nodding sagely and sharing it on Facebook.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Aussie liberals are conservatives, right?

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

Has this scenario ever actually happened in reality or just their wet dreams

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

I can't find any references to Rodin in connection with Republicans recently, so I'm going to assume this comic is making fun of Mike Ramirez.

BrotherJayne posted:

Aussie liberals are conservatives, right?

Typically, what Europe and Australia call liberals, the US would call libertarians, except that IIRC European/Australian liberals don't have quite the same reputation for focusing on age of consent laws.

SneezeOfTheDecade fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 24, 2021

Rudicron
Oct 30, 2013

It's Lunchtime!

Get yourself a hotdog!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

If more people vote than the people’s voice won’t be heard! I mean the correct people’s voice won’t be heard. That’s how democracy works, Tucker Carlson told me so.

:umberto: posted:

13. Ur-Fascism is based upon a selective populism, a qualitative populism, one might say.

In a democracy, the citizens have individual rights, but the citizens in their entirety have a political impact only from a quantitative point of view -- one follows the decisions of the majority. For Ur-Fascism, however, individuals as individuals have no rights, and the People is conceived as a quality, a monolithic entity expressing the Common Will. Since no large quantity of human beings can have a common will, the Leader pretends to be their interpreter. Having lost their power of delegation, citizens do not act; they are only called on to play the role of the People. Thus the People is only a theatrical fiction. There is in our future a TV or Internet populism, in which the emotional response of a selected group of citizens can be presented and accepted as the Voice of the People.

Because of its qualitative populism, Ur-Fascism must be against "rotten" parliamentary governments. Wherever a politician casts doubt on the legitimacy of a parliament because it no longer represents the Voice of the People, we can smell Ur-Fascism.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Do you think he turned the light on before or after firing an assault rifle over his daughter.

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

Sweetheart, I would have had to close your bedroom window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oh whoops, sorry kiddo, that's your older brother trying to sneak back in the house after curfew. Oh well!