Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I'm on episode 3 and I'm getting that the narrative of this entire season is a forensic examination of everybody being petty as gently caress about Lewis Hamilton with absolutely no substance to refute his status as best driver of his generation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

ethanol posted:

They left out the part where gasly only got his win because the rest of the mid to front field was already past the pit lane on yellow or whatever

Don't they explicitly show him pitting early then once charles does a max and everyone pits his engineer goes on the radio and says "this is really good for us"

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

They left out Williams because Rebus is so handsome that test audiences thought he was an actor

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

ethanol posted:

They left out the part where gasly only got his win because the rest of the mid to front field was already past the pit lane on yellow or whatever
No it doesn't. It literally plays the actual radio call from engineer to driver where they talk about how fortunate it is, whilst the previous scene sets the situation with the pitstops up. They don't mention the yellow because they don't need to its not a god drat race recap and it changes nothing about the narrative.

Goons are terrible at watching TV.

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

your friend wicka posted:

They left out Williams because Rebus is so handsome that test audiences thought he was an actor

The noises I'm hearing are that Claire didn't want them filming in our garage any more.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
She was a spectacular team principal and a great loss to the sport.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

She really deserved better. Hopefully the new owners will at least be able to drag the Williams name out of the mud now that they've got the I.D. R. guy on board. 2022 budget caps should help too.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Khablam posted:

No it doesn't. It literally plays the actual radio call from engineer to driver where they talk about how fortunate it is, whilst the previous scene sets the situation with the pitstops up. They don't mention the yellow because they don't need to its not a god drat race recap and it changes nothing about the narrative.

Goons are terrible at watching TV.

Calm down I was half asleep cause it was so boring

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Williams got left out because they kept showing up way late to the shoots.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Everyone talking up this Netflix thing is really playing into my theory that F1 is more soap opera than racing. Good on Rebus and the fine lads at Williams for trying to bring racing back and not participating in this farce.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

the corona quid posted:

Everyone talking up this Netflix thing is really playing into my theory that F1 is more soap opera than racing. Good on Rebus and the fine lads at Williams for trying to bring racing back and not participating in this farce.

it's more money/rep laundering than soap opera, and more of both of those than racing

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

marshalljim posted:

Williams got left out because they kept showing up way late to the shoots.
This post is funny

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

"Hey bby, wanna get to know my lance-stroll-maiden-pole :smug:"

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

tuo posted:

Indian runner ducks, yeah. Absolutely awesome funny things, but the downside is I can no longer eat chicken eggs because they taste like nothing compared to a duck egg. We also no longer have to care about snails. Snails gone. Ducks completely kill snails, and I love it.

e: here's one of my favourite duckos. He mostly eats snails and fucks the female ducks so I can eat duck eggs. Duck of the day.

:3: Your ducko is v cool and good. 5/5 post.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Mokotow posted:

Who is the fake commentator in DTS anyway? Buxton too?

It sounds a bit like James Allen

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

It's Jack Nicholls who does the BBC radio commentary. Some of it is just straight from the broadcast, but a lot of it is scripted and re-done.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Has anyone mentioned Johnny Dumfries passing?

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

the corona quid posted:

If it wasn’t the hundreds of millions of dollars that manufacturers sink into their teams and still publicly suck on a global stage, I would be certain it’s all kayfabe.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvQ1J3gCPOg

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bwoah, what a legend, his other hobbies are eating ice cream and having a poo poo ROFLMAO!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Good thing he didn't run out of batteries during the interview.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

We finished ep 2 of DTS season 3 - is there any real reason to continue? It's pretty bad for people who actually watched the races and kept up with the stuff on the side during the season; right?

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
If you're not into the style of the show by episode two, you might as well bail, it's the same throughout. Lewis mentions sleeping on his dad's couch in the last episode if you want to hang on though.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Sky simply does not do justice to the bat poo poo insanity of the team principals themselves, it’s like that bit didn’t need to be scripted that just had to give Gunther and Cyril a microphone. that’s what makes DTS awesome imo.

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Slotducks posted:

We finished ep 2 of DTS season 3 - is there any real reason to continue? It's pretty bad for people who actually watched the races and kept up with the stuff on the side during the season; right?

That was my experience with season one. Got through about 15 minutes of the first two episodes and quit.

Also Netflix cannot make a good show to save their life. Specifically, their sound design is dog poo poo - I don’t need a canned sound effect to go with literally every visual on every shot.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
Yeah, if you aren't into it and the silly drama by now, probably just stop. It is the same throughout the whole season.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

We got through the first two seasons just fine when they aired - I dunno this just feels worse, yknow?

I think what did it for me was reading that they tried to make Lando/Carlos a rivalry??? Like what??

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Slotducks posted:

It's a good intro for people who aren't watching F1 already, but if you're already into it and don't want to watch Christian Horner Talk To The Manager of F1 about everything you can drop out.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Yeh it’s not meant to be taken seriously, it’s supposed to be binge watched with beer/weed while you laugh.

I genuinely don’t understand why you wouldn’t want to watch the Ferrari episode with Seb giving no fucks and trying to HINT HINT that he knew they were cheating though.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

What ep is that? I'll skip to that one

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

learnincurve posted:

the Ferrari episode with Seb giving no fucks and trying to HINT HINT that he knew they were cheating though.

This didn't happen at all but LC gonna LC.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Slotducks posted:

We got through the first two seasons just fine when they aired - I dunno this just feels worse, yknow?

I think what did it for me was reading that they tried to make Lando/Carlos a rivalry??? Like what??

Yeah, the first two seasons were overly dramatized and played fast and loose with reality but were still entertaining enough. This one is almost 100% completely contrived in a very obvious way. I saw a clip on YouTube where they tried to show Lando being mad at Carlos not letting him pass, a thing that didn't happen, by playing a radio conversation from when Lando was complaining about one of the Racing Points. Just absurd.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Slotducks posted:

What ep is that? I'll skip to that one
'We need to talk about Ferrari'

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

POCKET CHOMP posted:

This didn't happen at all but LC gonna LC.

He did though? I’m sorry you weren’t watching I guess.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

learnincurve posted:

I genuinely don’t understand why you wouldn’t want to watch the Ferrari episode with Seb giving no fucks and trying to HINT HINT that he knew they were cheating though.

I’m sure this actually happened and was actually effectively conveyed through subtext on a Netflix show and not some constructed narrative you extrapolated out of nothing.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
gently caress off with this gaslighting poo poo.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I watched the Ferrari episode and all I remember is the media lady insisting that they not have any fun

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Vettel did say something like "we got what we deserved", and followed with his stance that everyone should play by the rules/stick to the regulations, so I think it's a valid interpretation of that interview.

e: he then also was asked by the media lady to no longer make jokes/have fun ;)

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Seb does very specifically suggest guilt, which no one at Ferrari does and it's pointedly juxtaposed with Binnoto being asked about it directly and just saying "we never did anything illegal".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I'd also point out that Seb suggesting they were guilty came out in the media during the season as well, so saying LC is making things up is just bizarre.
But then there's been like 5 incidences of "I heard DTS blamed Lewis' punctures on nuclear fallout!?" and other frankly bizarre readings, so I'm sticking with Goons are terrible at watching TV.