Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I was thinking about it and I believe the last time I was in a theatre was for Birds of Prey. Not the most memorable last theatre experience for the 1 1/2 - 2 years before I’m back in one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Not going to the theater even though my second shot was last week. Not dropping 30 bucks on a subscription service I already pay for, either. We're just gonna time travel back twenty years and make sure the VPN is active.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I just finished JL and my not-so-hot take is that it was pretty good

Pros
  • Fights were good. Say what you will about Snyder, dude makes a good fight.
  • Surprised by how many jokes there still were, given how dour MoS and BvS were plus a lot of the press/Snyder's comments pre-release. Figured stuff like "What's your power?" "I'm rich" was a Whedon thing and it would be gone (and to be clear, I liked that joke and so I'm glad it wasn't gone)
  • Wonder Woman doing super speed in the museum was infinitely better than the awful super speed in WW84.
    • Actually in retrospect basically every scene with WW in this movie was better than WW84
  • Speaking of super speed, basically every Flash thing. Definitely agree with whoever said that his reversing time scene was possibly the greatest scene in all superhero movies.
  • Cyborg. Man I'm happy for Ray Fisher, he's been on a loving mission for a long time to get this out and now I get why since even if there wasn't any bullshit with Whedon and Whedon was a saint, he still gutted Cyborg out of the movie.
  • The whole LoTR battle vs. Darkseid was way too long and unnecessary but was fun to watch
  • I really liked that there was a Green Lantern there even though the GL sucked and bit it extremely early. Whoever is running the boot camp on Oa needs to get their poo poo together.
  • A lot of good stuff from smaller characters like Alfred and Gordon (I had honestly forgotten Gordon was even in the Snyder-verse)
  • I mean honestly everything is a step up from the theatrical cut ultimately.

Cons

• Too long. I get it, it's his cut so it gets to be as long as he pleases but as it is I don't know how he ever intended this to be in a theater. Like after BvS did he just decide that he was just gonna start making movies exclusively planning for stuff like Ultimate edition blu-rays or did he genuinely think there was a way in hell he'd get this into theaters?
  • Aspect ratio. I get that he wanted it in IMAX but at the point he was recutting it and filming extra scenes he knew it would not be in IMAX, he knew it was going to streaming, and no one has IMAX in their house (if you are a goon who has enough money to have an IMAX room in their home hmu so we can hang out sometime at your mansion and I'll agree about all your opinions about topics of your choosing) so there's no point in a 4:3 ratio in TYOOL 2021 on the small screen.
  • Steppenwolf still looks stupid and his silly armor moving around constantly is not helping. I get what they're going for, that it's supposed to be alien and cool, and maybe that works for some people, but to me it looks dumb as hell.
  • Speaking of CG looking dumb, Cyborg still doesn't work for me. I think part of it is that at times the Ray Fisher part of Cyborg's head looks too big for the rest of his body to me? Does that make sense? I don't know how to better describe it, but it just looks bad most of the time (it's at its worst in non-fight scenes but I suppose you can argue that it's just as bad in fight scenes but since he's moving you don't notice it as much)
    • Gripes tangentially related to Cyborg:
      Ray Fisher is deadpanning too much. Like, I feel like the movie is trying to make him and Flash buddies but in every non-action scene they're together in, Barry's being silly or joking or, y'know, displaying emotion and Fisher's like "okay Barry :geno:"
    • The movie plays up how hard it's gonna be for him to break into the Union and how he'll need a power boost to get in there. I figured that meant that it would overwhelm him until Barry's lightning gave him the power to break through. Like when I first heard the plan (and based on what I had seen in the trailers) was that Cyborg would interface with the Union, it'd take him to hellworld in his regular body and he'd be, I don't know, assaulted by enemies or something until Barry's lightning gave him the literal power to overcome them. Instead it's just no he needs the power just to interface and then he has to make the easiest choice ever to defeat the alien super-tech
  • Black Suit Superman: I guess a lot of people thought it looked cool and I liked it in the comics but didn't it serve some purpose there like to help him absorb sunlight more? In this it seemed to be just "people think this is cool so let's do this" and like... no it's not that cool, the movie's desaturated enough and Batman's right there, we don't need more heroes in black. But whatever, I guess it's good enough for the fight scene but at the end when he's taking off the shirt in the alley I really feel personally that he should be back in the red and blue
  • Everything Martian Manhunter. First time completely undercut a perfectly good Ma Kent/Lois scene, second was just unnecessary
  • Everything Epilogue, period.
  • Wasted perfectly good chance to cut Eisenberg Luthor out of the movie entirely

Dumb Little Nitpicks

• So, I know that he's, y'know, Superman and all, but when he shows up at the end it completely makes every team member redundant. I was really enjoying watching Wonder Woman and Aquaman team up against Steppenwolf but then Superman turns up and wrecks him and it sucks. It's kind of like when Captain Marvel showed up in Endgame and completely destroyed the ship and all the troops and would've beaten Thanos if not for him having the Power Stone, only at least in that movie there were tons of cannon fodder enemies for other characters to busy themselves with so you didn't get the impression that "oh so every other Avenger is pointless". I mean at least when Superman shows up he could like block the axe with his hands to show that he gives even the smallest amount of a poo poo instead of just having him just let himself get hit on the shoulder to no effect, immediately establishing that the fight's over now.
  • So in the reviving Superman scene, Cyborg gets a bunch of apocalyptic visions and says "no" before the box drops and Barry activates it. Yet after it's all over he doesn't seem bothered at all. Granted he had a dead dad to mourn and a plane to fix I guess, but he never seems to mention this or say "maybe we shouldn't have done that". I guess as long as Superman is not actively beating him up, Cyborg doesn't care.
  • The Kryptonian ship computers are so extra in the revival scene. "The future has taken root in the present." Okay Kelex or whoever, why don't you turn down the drama by about 50% next time.
  • I know that Cyborg is like the master of technology or whatever, but the scene at the end where he just unbreaks his dad's tape is dumb and really doesn't make sense at all
  • If you now know for a fact that that Batfleck movie isn't getting made, why did you leave the scene teasing it in the movie.

Ultimately my biggest complaint with the Snyder Cut is my same complaint with the theatrical cut: When Superman is reborn he's still got that amniotic fluid or whatever on him and the whole fight scene plus the scene where he picks up Lois and flies away I'm like "loving gross". That fluid's been there for god only knows how long since MoS and by now it's already had Zod in it, Luthor standing around in it waist deep, and Luthor's blood in it. I don't care if he's lost his memory, the first thing Superman does shouldn't be to go stand menacingly at his monument, it should be to find a goddamn shower.

Phylodox posted:

I just remembered my biggest disappointment with Justice League. At the big climax, when Cyborg tells Flash to shoot him full of electricity “On one” and then starts counting down but gets interrupted, they didn’t have him eventually say “One, Barry! One!”

:perfect:

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Mar 24, 2021

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Implement Covid Vaccination Zones where only people who are vaccinated are allowed to go

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

tbh if the weirdest thing to happen to a theater employee in a given day is that someone comes in to buy popcorn and leaves, that's probably a pretty good day for them!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I just remembered that while watching Justice League I kept getting distracted and giggling every time we see Steppenwolf from behind because he’s got an adorable little glutey booty.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

TwoPair posted:

I just finished JL and my not-so-hot take is that it was pretty good

Pros
  • Fights were good. Say what you will about Snyder, dude makes a good fight.
  • Surprised by how many jokes there still were, given how dour MoS and BvS were plus a lot of the press/Snyder's comments pre-release. Figured stuff like "What's your power?" "I'm rich" was a Whedon thing and it would be gone (and to be clear, I liked that joke and so I'm glad it wasn't gone)
  • Wonder Woman doing super speed in the museum was infinitely better than the awful super speed in WW84.
    • Actually in retrospect basically every scene with WW in this movie was better than WW84
  • Speaking of super speed, basically every Flash thing. Definitely agree with whoever said that his reversing time scene was possibly the greatest scene in all superhero movies.
  • Cyborg. Man I'm happy for Ray Fisher, he's been on a loving mission for a long time to get this out and now I get why since even if there wasn't any bullshit with Whedon and Whedon was a saint, he still gutted Cyborg out of the movie.
  • The whole LoTR battle vs. Darkseid was way too long and unnecessary but was fun to watch
  • I really liked that there was a Green Lantern there even though the GL sucked and bit it extremely early. Whoever is running the boot camp on Oa needs to get their poo poo together.
  • A lot of good stuff from smaller characters like Alfred and Gordon (I had honestly forgotten Gordon was even in the Snyder-verse)
  • I mean honestly everything is a step up from the theatrical cut ultimately.

Cons

• Too long. I get it, it's his cut so it gets to be as long as he pleases but as it is I don't know how he ever intended this to be in a theater. Like after BvS did he just decide that he was just gonna start making movies exclusively planning for stuff like Ultimate edition blu-rays or did he genuinely think there was a way in hell he'd get this into theaters?
  • Aspect ratio. I get that he wanted it in IMAX but at the point he was recutting it and filming extra scenes he knew it would not be in IMAX, he knew it was going to streaming, and no one has IMAX in their house (if you are a goon who has enough money to have an IMAX room in their home hmu so we can hang out sometime at your mansion and I'll agree about all your opinions about topics of your choosing) so there's no point in a 4:3 ratio in TYOOL 2021 on the small screen.
  • Steppenwolf still looks stupid and his silly armor moving around constantly is not helping. I get what they're going for, that it's supposed to be alien and cool, and maybe that works for some people, but to me it looks dumb as hell.
  • Speaking of CG looking dumb, Cyborg still doesn't work for me. I think part of it is that at times the Ray Fisher part of Cyborg's head looks too big for the rest of his body to me? Does that make sense? I don't know how to better describe it, but it just looks bad most of the time (it's at its worst in non-fight scenes but I suppose you can argue that it's just as bad in fight scenes but since he's moving you don't notice it as much)
    • Gripes tangentially related to Cyborg:
      Ray Fisher is deadpanning too much. Like, I feel like the movie is trying to make him and Flash buddies but in every non-action scene they're together in, Barry's being silly or joking or, y'know, displaying emotion and Fisher's like "okay Barry :geno:"
    • The movie plays up how hard it's gonna be for him to break into the Union and how he'll need a power boost to get in there. I figured that meant that it would overwhelm him until Barry's lightning gave him the power to break through. Like when I first heard the plan (and based on what I had seen in the trailers) was that Cyborg would interface with the Union, it'd take him to hellworld in his regular body and he'd be, I don't know, assaulted by enemies or something until Barry's lightning gave him the literal power to overcome them. Instead it's just no he needs the power just to interface and then he has to make the easiest choice ever to defeat the alien super-tech
  • Black Suit Superman: I guess a lot of people thought it looked cool and I liked it in the comics but didn't it serve some purpose there like to help him absorb sunlight more? In this it seemed to be just "people think this is cool so let's do this" and like... no it's not that cool, the movie's desaturated enough and Batman's right there, we don't need more heroes in black. But whatever, I guess it's good enough for the fight scene but at the end when he's taking off the shirt in the alley I really feel personally that he should be back in the red and blue
  • Everything Martian Manhunter. First time completely undercut a perfectly good Ma Kent/Lois scene, second was just unnecessary
  • Everything Epilogue, period.
  • Wasted perfectly good chance to cut Eisenberg Luthor out of the movie entirely

Dumb Little Nitpicks

• So, I know that he's, y'know, Superman and all, but when he shows up at the end it completely makes every team member redundant. I was really enjoying watching Wonder Woman and Aquaman team up against Steppenwolf but then Superman turns up and wrecks him and it sucks. It's kind of like when Captain Marvel showed up in Endgame and completely destroyed the ship and all the troops and would've beaten Thanos if not for him having the Power Stone, only at least in that movie there were tons of cannon fodder enemies for other characters to busy themselves with so you didn't get the impression that "oh so every other Avenger is pointless". I mean at least when Superman shows up he could like block the axe with his hands to show that he gives even the smallest amount of a poo poo instead of just having him just let himself get hit on the shoulder to no effect, immediately establishing that the fight's over now.
  • So in the reviving Superman scene, Cyborg gets a bunch of apocalyptic visions and says "no" before the box drops and Barry activates it. Yet after it's all over he doesn't seem bothered at all. Granted he had a dead dad to mourn and a plane to fix I guess, but he never seems to mention this or say "maybe we shouldn't have done that". I guess as long as Superman is not actively beating him up, Cyborg doesn't care.
  • The Kryptonian ship computers are so extra in the revival scene. "The future has taken root in the present." Okay Kelex or whoever, why don't you turn down the drama by about 50% next time.
  • I know that Cyborg is like the master of technology or whatever, but the scene at the end where he just unbreaks his dad's tape is dumb and really doesn't make sense at all
  • If you now know for a fact that that Batfleck movie isn't getting made, why did you leave the scene teasing it in the movie.

Ultimately my biggest complaint with the Snyder Cut is my same complaint with the theatrical cut: When Superman is reborn he's still got that amniotic fluid or whatever on him and the whole fight scene plus the scene where he picks up Lois and flies away I'm like "loving gross". That fluid's been there for god only knows how long since MoS and by now it's already had Zod in it, Luthor standing around in it waist deep, and Luthor's blood in it. I don't care if he's lost his memory, the first thing Superman does shouldn't be to go stand menacingly at his monument, it should be to find a goddamn shower.

:perfect:

You don't understand how aspect ratio works. He couldn't just magically make the movie he shot in 4:3 be shot in 16:9. They would have had to cut big chunks of the picture off.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Vince MechMahon posted:

You don't understand how aspect ratio works. He couldn't just magically make the movie he shot in 4:3 be shot in 16:9. They would have had to cut big chunks of the picture off.
This is not a great argument when we literally have a version of this movie that did exactly that.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Endless Mike posted:

This is not a great argument when we literally have a version of this movie that did exactly that.
Dude framed for 4:3. Why bother cutting up what he already shot?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I didn't mind the 4:3 after like 10 minutes but all of the Nolan IMAX movie are apparently?? cropped for the blurays and still look great on TV

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Endless Mike posted:

The comment was saying it seemed like this new aspect ratio was cutting things off the side. But this new ratio is the full image. Anything further to the sides was never on camera. The most you can do is crop off the top or bottom to make it widescreen. But then you are cutting things off the top and bottom.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
It's not like filmmakers have never ever produced versions of their work to crop the frame appropriately for different formats with different aspect ratios.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Though you are getting the full image in 4:3, he almost certainly framed his images when shooting with the understanding that it would be cropped to 16:9/1.85 for the non-IMAX theatrical release (which the vast majority of cinemagoers would have seen). He could in theory have cropped to that specification for this recent release, but decided to go "gently caress it, I prefer it IMAX shaped with the full image even if it is at home", which I felt worked out pretty well.

Had Snyder have stayed on and the version released in 2017 been his 2 hour cut rather than Whedon's, I reckon it would have been 1.85 in most cinemas. No way would WB allow pillar boxing on a mainstream general release, I reckon they're only allowing it now because this version is being marketed as an uncompromised vision so whatever Zack wants, he gets.

Karloff fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Mar 24, 2021

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I'm sure in the normal run of things Snyder would happily create a cut of the film properly formatted for the majority of theater screens and not demand it be shown everywhere in the imax aspect ratio. But since this is his uncompromised ~*vision*~ it's a like it or lump it situation.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
“So, what in a sense you’re saying is that there are certain situations where Zack can decide that it’s in the best interest of the film or something and do something un-cinematic?”

“Well, when Zack does it … that means that it is not un-cinematic.“

I kid, I kid. Like I said, after 15 minutes I was barely even conscious of it.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

TwoPair posted:

[*]Black Suit Superman: I guess a lot of people thought it looked cool and I liked it in the comics but didn't it serve some purpose there like to help him absorb sunlight more? In this it seemed to be just "people think this is cool so let's do this" and like... no it's not that cool, the movie's desaturated enough and Batman's right there...

It does the same in the movie, tho it might’ve been made more clear. When he gets the suit he flies up into space and does his Jesus pose in front of the sun to get the full blast. I think Snyder mentioned it in an interview too.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Vince MechMahon posted:

A really interesting thing they covered in the Half in the Bag review is that you can kinda see that he did shoot for 16:9. They bring up that a lot of shots seem to have way too much space between the top of the characters' heads and the frame, and they show the corresponding 16:9 shots from the Whedon cut, which look more focused.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Retrowave Joe posted:

It does the same in the movie, tho it might’ve been made more clear. When he gets the suit he flies up into space and does his Jesus pose in front of the sun to get the full blast. I think Snyder mentioned it in an interview too.

It could've been made clear at all I think you mean because he does the same thing in the red and blue suit in MoS and BvS

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Also he mentioned in an interview that he finds the black suit philosophically to be more representative of humanity because of some book he was reading.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

All I'm saying is if we have to have black suit can we at least have it done correctly? No cape, add a mullet.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Phylodox posted:

A really interesting thing they covered in the Half in the Bag review is that you can kinda see that he did shoot for 16:9. They bring up that a lot of shots seem to have way too much space between the top of the characters' heads and the frame, and they show the corresponding 16:9 shots from the Whedon cut, which look more focused.

It's really obvious throughout the entire movie except the CG heavy scenes, which of course were made specifically for this cut. You don't even need to compare with the Whedon JL to see it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The comment was saying it seemed like this new aspect ratio was cutting things off the side. But this new ratio is the full image. Anything further to the sides was never on camera. The most you can do is crop off the top or bottom to make it widescreen. But then you are cutting things off the top and bottom.

quote:

Aspect ratio. I get that he wanted it in IMAX but at the point he was recutting it and filming extra scenes he knew it would not be in IMAX, he knew it was going to streaming, and no one has IMAX in their house (if you are a goon who has enough money to have an IMAX room in their home hmu so we can hang out sometime at your mansion and I'll agree about all your opinions about topics of your choosing) so there's no point in a 4:3 ratio in TYOOL 2021 on the small screen.
I'm not sure where you're getting that from.

And yes, you can cut the top and bottom off. As I noted, Whedon did that, and as others have said, Snyder would have done it had he made the theatrical cut, and he almost certainly filmed it with that in mind. It's far from a new practice.

I'm not hating on 4:3. It didn't bother me at all, I'm just saying that arguing that it's impossible to cut it in 16:9 is a bad argument when it was literally done. I guess it's true you can't "magically" do it, since it's not magic. It's editing and something that plenty of filmmakers do and was common practice when TVs were 4:3.

theironjef posted:

All I'm saying is if we have to have black suit can we at least have it done correctly? No cape, add a mullet.

:hmmyes:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I think suits are superfluous. Wouldn't it be grand if Superman was naked, in the flesh? Imagine a fully bare Superman pummeling Steppenwolf into the floor, his sweat flying off his perfect skin, his buttocks flexing with each punch

It would be primal, almost bestial

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Take it to ao3

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Phylodox posted:

He for sure protected for it, but this is his version of the movie with no compromise, so what possible reason would he have to change it when he's not being mandated to by the studio? This poo poo drives me crazy because you never hear anyone saying this poo poo about the lighthouse or Grand Budapest hotel, or even Nolan's movies constantly shifting aspect ratio.

This movie isn't the Mona Lisa, but would you walk into the Louvre and say "this painting would be better if it was a landscape?"

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That depends, how much was cropped out when he reformatted it for pan and scan TV

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

theironjef posted:

Apparently WB shot down the mullet. Bastards.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Sentinel Red posted:

I kid, I kid. Like I said, after 15 minutes I was barely even conscious of it.

Yeah ultimately it didn't bother me much after adjusting but just in general it was a weird choice I feel.

Guys I have to include everything in my very professional movie reviews

Retrowave Joe posted:

site posted:

It could've been made clear at all I think you mean because he does the same thing in the red and blue suit in MoS and BvS

Yeah, there's no indication he's exactly low on battery or needs more power or anything, he comes back, smokes the whole league, blasts off at super speed with Lois and just in general seems fine. Like, I don't need a bunch of exposition on what the suit does or why he needs to be repowered (though there certainly could have been, it's not like this movie is anti-exposition) but if you're gonna do it, have it be for a reason because as the film is now, the reason seems to be Superman just opens his closet and thinks "I think I'll try the black today"

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Vince MechMahon posted:

He for sure protected for it, but this is his version of the movie with no compromise, so what possible reason would he have to change it when he's not being mandated to by the studio? This poo poo drives me crazy because you never hear anyone saying this poo poo about the lighthouse or Grand Budapest hotel, or even Nolan's movies constantly shifting aspect ratio.

This movie isn't the Mona Lisa, but would you walk into the Louvre and say "this painting would be better if it was a landscape?"

I mean...like I said, it is demonstrably better framed in the 16:9 aspect ratio.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Phylodox posted:

I mean...like I said, it is demonstrably better framed in the 16:9 aspect ratio.

I totally disagree. It was framed to be tall, and there are a ton of shots that use the full frame. You're just wrong.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's why people are making those kinds of posts about this but not The Lighthouse btw.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah you can get a ton of shots that use the full vertical. I've seen one comparison that showed lots of extra "headspace" in the generally talky parts that are your simple close up on character talking, but most of the movie when you zoom in you cut something off vertically.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I think the action scenes look great in 4:3, but there’s no real reason for the rest of the movie to be in that aspect ratio. Character scenes especially occasionally run into the old tv problem where people are standing weirdly close together just to fit in frame.

It’s fine though, I stopped caring five minutes into the movie and the whole purpose of this exercise was to let Snyder do what he wanted, so :shrug:

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

theironjef posted:

And the guns. Can't forget the guns. (Fuckin' 90s comics, man, I swear to god...)

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

The Lighthouse was framed in 4:3 to be old timey and claustrophobic, so it makes sense there, and not so much in a large scale action movie? Not sure why people are confused about why people are complaining about the aspect ratio in one and not the other.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I think the action scenes look great in 4:3, but there’s no real reason for the rest of the movie to be in that aspect ratio. Character scenes especially occasionally run into the old tv problem where people are standing weirdly close together just to fit in frame.

It’s fine though, I stopped caring five minutes into the movie and the whole purpose of this exercise was to let Snyder do what he wanted, so :shrug:

Anybody in a room with Wonder Woman, Aquaman, or Bruce Wayne would stand as close to them as possible.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Anybody in a room with Wonder Woman, Aquaman, or Bruce Wayne would stand as close to them as possible.

you know, that's fair.

I went back to check because I thought I imagined something and I don't remember anyone bringing it up yet:

During the scene where the you see the boomtube hit the amazon temple and it's giving recation shots of random Amazons, there's a blonde teen girl. Is this supposed to be Wonder Girl? Because I thought Diana was the only time there had been a child on Paradise Island.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
There are various comics reasons why younger Amazons might be on the island, but for the purposes of the film I assume it's just a random young-looking Amazon. They're supposed to all be the same age besides Diana, but when you do live action, people look older or younger than each other. v:v:v

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

stratdax posted:

The Lighthouse was framed in 4:3 to be old timey and claustrophobic, so it makes sense there, and not so much in a large scale action movie? Not sure why people are confused about why people are complaining about the aspect ratio in one and not the other.

The reason is to look old timey and tall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
For the most part the 4:3 didn't bother me (though I just watched Equinox last night and couldn't help but think that while you could crop JL, there were too many shots in that ultra-low budget horror movie from 1970 that actually utilised the aspect ratio for one to effectively do so), though as I mentioned that scene where Aquaman rescues the fisherman in the storm felt bizarrely claustrophobic for a scene set on the sea. On the other hand, I'm really not sure that the 4:3 added anything to the movie either. Maybe in some of the reshoot scenes, but everything else was shot with the expectation that it'd get cropped, since it is a modern movie after all.