Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Dr Christmas posted:

Goddamn sports or whatever completely messing up my DVR’d Bob’s Burgers episodes :argh:

If it's a tivo, you can adjust your season pass to always start up to 5 minutes early and keep recording for as long as 3 hours past the end time in the guide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I got a new Fitbit, 50% out of retail therapy and 50% out of the fact that I had a non-Fitbit knockoff and I kinda wanted to re-maintain (if thats a phrase) a link to the Fitbit ecosystem. It's already kinda annoying that I can't just say "Hey KnockOffBit, send the last few months to Fitbit, thanks".

Oh, and nowadays, the Fitbit Ecosystem is filled in with a lot of pay-every-month systems. Want more details, exercise-wise? Paywall. Use it kinda as an MP3 player with Spotify? Premium Only.

It's especially annoying since I know if I pulled the trigger on some of these things, I either wouldn't like it, wouldn't use it often, or I'd love it and have to make the Tough Decisions on stuff I don't want to make Tough Decisions about (namely, which monthly services do I want to keep paying, etc).

And to top it all off? The core thing I got a new Fitbit is so I could, you know, encourage myself to track my fitness/steps a bit... and it's still chilly. :( Not freezing but 40-50s.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 04:21 on Mar 6, 2021

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My car was supposed to be done today.

At 4pm I got a text from pepboys that the gaskets were the wrong size so probably tomorrow by 12, maybe?

At this point I am close to towing my car to another mechanic.

edit: my right heel is loving killing me despite getting new inserts for my work shoes.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I found something I wanted on Aliexpress but didn't want to wait six weeks for it. Some dude on eBay was selling the same thing for more money but shipped from a US address. So I ordered it from that guy, and the shipping time is six weeks.

The guy is just ordering poo poo from china and sending it from his US address. Not even drop shipping. What an rear end in a top hat.

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.

MisterBibs posted:

I got a new Fitbit, 50% out of retail therapy and 50% out of the fact that I had a non-Fitbit knockoff and I kinda wanted to re-maintain (if thats a phrase) a link to the Fitbit ecosystem. It's already kinda annoying that I can't just say "Hey KnockOffBit, send the last few months to Fitbit, thanks".

Oh, and nowadays, the Fitbit Ecosystem is filled in with a lot of pay-every-month systems. Want more details, exercise-wise? Paywall. Use it kinda as an MP3 player with Spotify? Premium Only.

It's especially annoying since I know if I pulled the trigger on some of these things, I either wouldn't like it, wouldn't use it often, or I'd love it and have to make the Tough Decisions on stuff I don't want to make Tough Decisions about (namely, which monthly services do I want to keep paying, etc).

And to top it all off? The core thing I got a new Fitbit is so I could, you know, encourage myself to track my fitness/steps a bit... and it's still chilly. :( Not freezing but 40-50s.

Did you sell your jacket to afford the Fitbit?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I ordered a Jurassic Park logo shirt from Box Lunch (think Hot Topic but less goth) and this is what I got

Kaiju Cage Match has a new favorite as of 17:52 on Mar 16, 2021

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Manager Hoyden posted:

The guy is just ordering poo poo from china and sending it from his US address. Not even drop shipping. What an rear end in a top hat.
Bought a used book from a guy once and he ordered it off Thriftbooks, had the branded paper and everything
I then started just using that site so I imagine he doesn't have repeat customers; great margins tho

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
In an effort to speed it up, my husband took my computer (Mac) to the repair place and got the hard drive replaced. All of my saved poo poo is now in some folder under HIS login that is a loving pain to access. And even when I do access it, I can’t seem to just copy that over and have it work. I have to make a NEW login anyway and add that crap piecemeal. Then my husband updated the operating system. No, MacBook, I don’t know my loving mail passwords, and of course I can’t see them in my iphone so I have to reset my mail password which will take 48 hours for some reason.

I am ready to tell my husband that he is welcome to this POS computer and POS operating system and I will just do without. I have only successfully used it twice in the last 6 months so I won’t “need” it again until tax time next year. loving poo poo.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Mzuri posted:

Did you sell your jacket to afford the Fitbit?

No, but I'm moderately uncomfy in colder weather even with a jacket, plus cold air makes my asthma kick in and I'd rather not have to deal with that... even with an inhaler.

Related to that and it's own FWP... I have to go outside anyway, because of cleaning poo poo up. Both because I have to go out in this weather, and because I can't justify the various and sundry poo poo in the area I'm cleaning anymore, so into the garbage it goes. I'm sure I had a decent reason for not tossing it when I got it, but gently caress if I remember now.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I misjudged how many chicken breasts were in a package, and don't have enough, so now I have to run to the store in the morning and make my recipe real quick like before bed.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I wish grocery stores would either upgrade their inventory systems or allow you to cancel a pickup order if something ends up being out of stock after you order it.

Most times I don't mind much but every now and then there are one or two things I really need and I have go somewhere else to get it. But if I'm going somewhere else to get the important things, I can just get other stuff I don't much care about there. I no longer want to do the pickup. I don't want to drive to two places.

Grocery pickup is supposed to be more convenient, but in these cases it is significantly less convenient.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
It is officially more annoying than expected to get my new bike up to my appartment on the third floor. Figured it would be annoying, sure, but I didn't expect that annoying.

Editing to add another thing to whine about, a package came. Had no idea what it is!

It's a poster. A poster I bought, according to my emails, a year ago, almost to the day.

I'm torn, because, hey, a poster. Cool. But, at the same time, a loving year?

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 21:53 on Mar 23, 2021

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I just recently started lifting weights, and I'm sore, and I had to essentially "You got this, me!" pep talk myself through my last few reps in the most recent session, and meeeh. I don't wanna. But I also do.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

AngryRobotsInc posted:

I just recently started lifting weights, and I'm sore, and I had to essentially "You got this, me!" pep talk myself through my last few reps in the most recent session, and meeeh. I don't wanna. But I also do.

My gym's been closed for a year, I could do body-weight stuff but yuck

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

My gym's been closed for a year, I could do body-weight stuff but yuck

I scored a set of PowerBlock Sports, so that's what I'm using right now. Once I get to the point where I've gotten the extensions, and they're not enough anymore, I'm really going to have to look into a gym membership myself. Because I am not nearly rear end in a top hat enough to get a barbell set up in a second floor apartment.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

AngryRobotsInc posted:

I scored a set of PowerBlock Sports, so that's what I'm using right now. Once I get to the point where I've gotten the extensions, and they're not enough anymore, I'm really going to have to look into a gym membership myself. Because I am not nearly rear end in a top hat enough to get a barbell set up in a second floor apartment.

If I could get a bike up three, you could do two. I believe in you!

(Similar bitch, I have some heavy packages coming today. Yay, except that I have to get the package itself when it arrives, I live on the third floor, and the rental place is locked for having an in-service couple of hours so they've just left sitting out the front door. So I both worry about someone stealing them, and even if they don't, I have to eventually hoof the heavy items to my place and up three flights of stairs. I wonder if they'll think I'm overly entitled by asking for a cart.)

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

It's more the downstairs neighbor has already called the cops on us once because my son is 6' and doesn't seem to realize it, and walks with all the subtlety of an elephant (seriously, the complaint was "stomping"). If I dropped a 100+ lb barbell by accident, I'd probably end up with the SWAT team busting down my door.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
My espresso machine shipment was delayed, again. I totally understand that there are delays everywhere and the pandemic had hosed up everything, but I'm frustrated. I feel a bit like the company I ordered from is over-promising with their shipment dates because they've hosed it up twice. I'd cancel my order to go with a company that by all accounts is at least promising dates with a more realistic outlook, but I feel like it's be giving up my spot in line.

This sucks, because I essentially trolled myself by ordering a bunch of related stuff well ahead of my expected ship date, which was this weekend, and so now I will be getting boxes every day this week taunting me with stuff I can't use for a month.

I was really looking forward to this. Work has been overwhelming recently and I took a few days off around the machine so I could learn to use it and taste a bunch of coffee and really dig into it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My state's employment agency kinda poo poo the bed on the "update" with the UI extension they did a week or so ago, so a lot of people (including myself) are getting errors saying there's no balance left, but the date has changed to september, so yay that's gonna be fun to try and get fixed without them somehow breaking something else.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I don't know if this counts, really, but doordash hosed up my delivery. Specifically, they gave my doordasher someone else's order, with my name. It's a lot of stuff more than I asked, so it's win for me, but someone else that spent a decent amount and only gets my order is gonna be _mad_.

Editing to add another FWP, sorta, but man, the ad algorithm for mobile game has somehow figured me outs. Like, yeah, I'd love that wall-mounted fitness equipment... even if my brain reminds me a lot that it's twice my rent, and I'd have to clean up the floor near where I'd put it, and I'm not sure how to mount it to the wall and installation would cost me extra and I could replicate the moves with what I've got, so I should I just ignore it. Which I will but wantitneeditwantitneeditwantit

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 05:05 on Mar 31, 2021

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I am really, really tired of every consumer electronic or durable good being sold out immediately.

I'm not gonna camp in front of my computer to buy things and I'm not paying scalpers, so I guess I just don't need those things after all.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

My girlfriend doesn't know how to make stew. The broth is too thin and oily, the veggies are disappointing, and the meat is all wrong.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
At this point I have given up trying to get the vaccine until it hits local Walgreens or whatever. Our state run sites open the appointment windows when I am at work, and it's open to everyone now. There was no essential worker boost, so the only times open are like 3:18AM, and that is usually within an hour of the appointments going live, and then all booked for the next two weeks.

My cat seems to have some issues neurologically: I thought it was a stomach issue, but she eats fine, the poop comes out bad and runny, and her tail is hanging down, indicating some kind of spine issue. She slipped and fell today, but quickly ran off like everything was fine, and had a horrible runny poo poo eruption all over the floor (her litter box had one scrap of poop in it), and she will ONLY use this one box, no other ones I put in work.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time
Because I am old, I can now get the COVID vaccine in my state. I went in on Saturday afternoon, the second day it was available. This was at one of the California POD sites. Even though there were a lot of people there, I was in and out within 30 minutes, and this included the 15 minute post injection wait time. All of the staff were super friendly and joyful, and so were most of us getting the jab. You could tell people were smiling under their masks. And a few were a bit weepy and emotional. The guy sitting next to me in the waiting area had a full breakdown and was bawling.

My problem is that even though the whole process was quick and painless, I have developed pretty much all of the major side effect.
Headache, yes
Joint pain, yes
Injection site soreness, hell yes
Chills, yes
Diarrhea..............yes :(

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I got knocked on my rear end for two whole days after my second shot

No diarrhea tho

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I got my second jab today, and other than a mildly sore arm (same as last time) I'm doing alright.

Hoping I don't wake up tomorrow feeling like death warmed over though.

Edit : pfizer for those who were curious

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Bought a cheapie pair of Bluetooth headphones/earbuds, on the notion of "well, why not, I don't have any, and they are cheap."

An hour later, I'm on my umpteenth hour of trying to fall asleep, and what do I find?

A tiny little charging case for a pair of Bluetooth earbuds. Connected to my phone already, have uploaded a selection of podcasts on it, and work fine.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 11:24 on Apr 10, 2021

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I don't have a device I can hook up to my TV that supports Pluto TV, and I want to watch old Price is Right episodes. Why did Pluto TV drop PS3 support. What is their PROBLEM.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I am hungry and nothing looks appetizing. This is the legit FWP.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm kinda debating taco bell since I have the app, but I don't really have faith that the local one will make my order as I want it.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
I bought a screen protector for my iPad and they sent me the wrong size so now I have to be a nuisance and contact support and wait however many days for them to send me the right one :saddowns:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I'm kinda debating taco bell since I have the app, but I don't really have faith that the local one will make my order as I want it.

Sometimes I get Taco Bell through Postmates or whatever and they always mess up the order but give me more dollar-value than what I ordered. Thankfully I am not a picky eater at all.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
For the longest time, the front door lock of my apartment building hasn't worked right. It's made me paranoid, kinda, because being locked out of my place isn't cool.

My FWP is that they fixed it... but now I'm :tinfoil: about if it's really fixed, or if the next time I try using it it won't work. So I keep walking to my front door, opening it from within, testing the lock with the door opened. It's always worked, but my paranoia is high enough that my brain goes "sure, it works now, but you have no idea if it will work the next time!"

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I got a new laptop and the touchpad is larger than my old one so I keep accidentally touching it. It's not even a huge deal because I use an external mouse most of the time and have it set to disable the touchpad when it's plugged in but still :mad:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I like my job. I like the hours and locations and everything.

My boss today told me I will be switching work vans, so the one I have had for 3 years will be swapped for one twice the size. I told her I don't feel safe in these other vans (I drove one once more and have issue seeing over the hood) and she told me she will send a trainer. I repeated I do NOT feel safe in this style of vehicle; we have three new drivers starting in a week, can't one of them use the larger van? She repeated she will send me a trainer in the morning.

Bitch should not have given me advance warning. I'm not sick, but trainer will be sending me home for being sick tomorrow.

gently caress this job would have been 15 years in November. gently caress this oval office.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Cowslips Warren posted:

I like my job. I like the hours and locations and everything.

My boss today told me I will be switching work vans, so the one I have had for 3 years will be swapped for one twice the size. I told her I don't feel safe in these other vans (I drove one once more and have issue seeing over the hood) and she told me she will send a trainer. I repeated I do NOT feel safe in this style of vehicle; we have three new drivers starting in a week, can't one of them use the larger van? She repeated she will send me a trainer in the morning.

Bitch should not have given me advance warning. I'm not sick, but trainer will be sending me home for being sick tomorrow.

gently caress this job would have been 15 years in November. gently caress this oval office.

I'm giving you a pass because you've clearly had a lovely run of things, but please don't use oval office as a pejorative in PYF. Thanks. :)

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Pastry of the Year posted:

I'm giving you a pass because you've clearly had a lovely run of things, but please don't use oval office as a pejorative in PYF. Thanks. :)

Oops, got it, and thank you.

At least I have the option of transferring to a store, which is gonna suck, but I won't live in fear of killing someone.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP
I subscribe to Netflix (UK) and Crunchyroll, but I hardly use them because Netflix doesn't have anything that I really, really want to watch (ie, Sorry to Bother You) and Crunchyroll doesn't have an app for my Samsung TV like YouTube and Netflix do.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

you know when you pull a drawstring light, you get that little click-click of the string pulling down and then popping back up? the handle on mine is too heavy which prevents the string from popping back up, so you just get a single lonely click and then you have to take hold of the string itself and give it a little upwards jerk to get the second click

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
People who message you something like, "Good morning", you reply "Morning" and then there's a ten-minute gap in the conversation as they laboriously type out the actual content of their message while you sit there staring at "so and so is typing" messages flickering on and off.

Just make it one message so I get something I can actually act on from the start