Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Jon Cryer is still around and having a blast as Lex so I'll watch it.

I wonder if Clark will be allowed to show up this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rhyno posted:

There's a trailer for season 6 of Supergirl up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdI5jyNXqPY

And it looks so terrible. The unexpected quality of this show makes me never want to even bother with Supergirl again.

Oh hey, M'gann's back. Glad they didn't forget about her.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Lois's new editor should be taking pictures.

Edit: The brothers are really good to each other. drat.
Also, odd that Superman would drop in on this almost immediately. I guess, they gotta get their super fight quota in.
Edit2: Whoa. That's certainly a twist. Both of them.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 24, 2021

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lex Luthor has his warsuit, Captain Luthor has an RV :v: And I guess the writer's wanted to give him another reason to hate Kal-El, as if destroying his world wasn't enough. Seems sloppy that Clark didn't wonder what the gently caress blew both of them out of the sky.

Well I guess we know what Morgan edge is doing now.

lol the LaGuerta bench returns! That should've been a sweet moment but Dexter ruined it for me.

Xelkelvos posted:

Edit2: Whoa. That's certainly a twist. Both of them.

:agreed:

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
One thing I love about the show is how well thought-out it is, format-wise.
Like the Clark flashbacks are great because it goes beyond the "getting superpowers is puberty" metaphore and uses "becoming Superman is about leaving home".
The idea that there's "resurrection" involved in the villain plot is great too, it pushes it further than Morgan Edge creating metahumans.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

lol the LaGuerta bench returns! That should've been a sweet moment but Dexter ruined it for me.
Lmao that was exactly my reaction.

The teen drama on this show is handled surprisingly well. Jonathan is especially good because he’s understandably and rightfully angry, but then when he lashes out like with Jordan and Sarah, he’s properly chagrined. They’ve managed to keep a nice even keel and keep the emotions mostly unforced.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Doubling-down on my "reincarnating dead Kryptonians into human hosts" theory.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Really loving the show but drat a wait all the way until May 18th for new episodes. What the heck is that about.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

They got covid and had to stop filming.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

DoctorWhat posted:

Doubling-down on my "reincarnating dead Kryptonians into human hosts" theory.

I'll be shocked if it's not that after that "I'm already dead" line before the guy melts down

The only question is what the hell Edge's endgame is and how he intends to keep an army of Kryptonian soldiers under his command instead of them going and doing... I don't know, anything else?

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Johnathan finally cracking is completely justified. He sacrificed so much on the altar of Smallville, and for everyone else's happiness. I really feel for him, and same for Kyle the rear end in a top hat EMT. It's got to be a soul destroying job, he's likely to have lost a good friend and coworker even if the guy pulls through.

Goddamn why is everyone relatable?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I know I shouldn't let this bug me, but man, they are not writing those kids as fourteen.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

howe_sam posted:

I know I shouldn't let this bug me, but man, they are not writing those kids as fourteen.

I dunno, I've gotten to know a couple of friend's 14-15yos recently and was shaken by how mature they seemed.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

If Jonathan was in line to be the starting QB on his high school team at 14 either he's a king poo poo QB who should be starting for Smallville, or his old high school team suuuuuucked.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

howe_sam posted:

If Jonathan was in line to be the starting QB on his high school team at 14 either he's a king poo poo QB who should be starting for Smallville, or his old high school team suuuuuucked.

Unless Smallville has a good QB or the coach just sucks at recognizing talent. Sad we are at a hiatus but at least it is for good reason. This show is easily my favorite arrow verse show right now. Really hoping it doesn’t get bogged down by arrow verse crossovers in the future.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

howe_sam posted:

Johnathan definitely seems to be a king poo poo QB, but he's 2nd because there's one other guy who's a bigger king poo poo QB

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

edit: never mind

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Mar 24, 2021

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Well and also he doesnt know the playbook. Or didn't when he got to try.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

howe_sam posted:

They did say him doing that was a big deal in the first episode.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Secret identity drama can be a real bore, but I am anxiously awaiting Kyle finding out Clark is Superman. I feel like that's what that frost in the building scene is building up to.

Also, I don't know if it's just me, but Kyle's actor could be Tom Welling's half brother or something. They're just so "wide" in the same way.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I don’t understand why he didn’t just suit up to save the guys in the building. Now it’s a big mystery when it could have been ‘oh superman happened to be flying past and took 2 mins to help out mystery solved’

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is it me or the Luther plot the least interesting part of the series?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

It definitely is.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

If you're not an Arroverse villain named Tobias Whale, Eobard Thawne, Lex Luthor, or Damien Darhk, your sub-plot is kind of guaranteed to suck rear end and be filler for better parts of the show you're antagonizing, yes.

Notable exceptions include Bloodwork and Alice on the sheer charisma of their actors.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Mar 25, 2021

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Maybe if we learn his motivations more, but he seems to just insist that this earths Kal-EL is the same as the one on his earth and he's going to destroy everything to prove that. Hopefully it will turn out that he realizes he's wrong and have a unique Clark and Lex teamup. Though it seems mostly driven by him seeing Supes all up on his woman at this point.

Lol Martha's memorial is a crappy sublimated plaque on a bench.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

If you're not an Arroverse villain named Tobias Whale, Eobard Thawne, Lex Luthor, or Damien Darhk, your sub-plot is kind of guaranteed to suck rear end and be filler for better parts of the show you're antagonizing, yes.

This is Malcolm Merlyn, Slade Wilson and Prometheus erasure and I will not stand for it (let's just ignore the fact that I can't remember Prometheus's real name).

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Maybe if we learn his motivations more, but he seems to just insist that this earths Kal-EL is the same as the one on his earth and he's going to destroy everything to prove that. Hopefully it will turn out that he realizes he's wrong and have a unique Clark and Lex teamup. Though it seems mostly driven by him seeing Supes all up on his woman at this point.

Lol Martha's memorial is a crappy sublimated plaque on a bench.

I don't think he's Lex. I want things to get really wild when they finally drop his first name, but I can't think of any alternate Luthors who aren't called Lex or Alex off the top of my head. Maybe he's Lionel and Jon Cryer guest stars just to call him daddy.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

oh jay posted:

I don't think he's Lex. I want things to get really wild when they finally drop his first name, but I can't think of any alternate Luthors who aren't called Lex or Alex off the top of my head. Maybe he's Lionel and Jon Cryer guest stars just to call him daddy.

Also Lex (and Lillian) is going to be the final big bad for Supergirl this year, if the trailer is anything to go on. So I think Cryer might be busy for the time being. I dunno.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Jon Cryer is a fantastic Lex and it sucks he's stuck on Supergirl.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
If your villain isn't going full ham. They're definitely not gonna be a good CW-verse villain. That said, I don't think Captain Luthor will still be an enemy to the end.

twistedmentat posted:

Yes, but I think that's definitely for the best.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

Notable exceptions include Bloodwork and Alice on the sheer charisma of their actors.

I like dr suresh as much as the next guy as long as he's not slowly turning into a bug, but bloodwork, and his entire plot and plan and idea and name were all absolute trash

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

howe_sam posted:

This is Malcolm Merlyn, Slade Wilson and Prometheus erasure and I will not stand for it (let's just ignore the fact that I can't remember Prometheus's real name).

Adrian Chase.

Also, Ra's plot started out good and then fell flat on its face with an awful Season 3 fight.

Also also, Captain Cold and Heatwave were great before they turned anti-villian?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Mooseontheloose posted:

Adrian Chase.

Also, Ra's plot started out good and then fell flat on its face with an awful Season 3 fight.

Also also, Captain Cold and Heatwave were great before they turned anti-villian?

Neither of them had whole subplots though

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like to think the only reason Jordan goes "Speedwagon?" because he is a Jojo's fan.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

oh jay posted:

If he isn't Lex, this is who I think he will be a version of It basically works storywise. https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Alexander_Luthor,_Jr._(Earth-Three)

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by
He definitely isn't Lex. When he talks to Lois she refers to Lex Luthor as the only person worse than Morgan Edge, so Lex has already done his thing to some extent in this continuity and Lois would notice if she was talking to someone that looks just like Lex.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

He can be a different Earth Lex, we've seen that already with Crisis.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
Anyone else find it a bit odd that Superman made no attempt to investigate who just shot him out of the sky with a high-tech rocket? There wasn't even any dialogue about it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

SimonChris posted:

Anyone else find it a bit odd that Superman made no attempt to investigate who just shot him out of the sky with a high-tech rocket? There wasn't even any dialogue about it.

I did!

Maybe it can be an escalating series of attempts to murder him throughout the season. Luthor takes out bigger and bigger weapons from his RV and tries to kill Superman, but Superman just shrugs it off and doesn't even give it a second thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

The last episode definitely explained why Captain Luthor knew Sam Lane so well.
And speaking of Sam Lane, his passive-aggressive response to finding out Jordan had quasi-Superman powers/anger at the Kent-Lanes living in Smallville instead of Metropolis lived up to my expectations. For a few seconds, it almost felt like felt Dylan Walsh was channeling his earlier terrible father character from Nip/Tuck.

Tag reappearing was interesting. His tracksuit seemed very X-men Academy inspired, and was that a black knight chess-piece emblem on it? aka does anyone think that https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checkmate_(comics) might get folded into Superman & Lois/the Arrowverse?