Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I suck even at wasting time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I have finished the Outriders demo for a second time so I could have a file ready for PC...

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I liked it too. One of the few demos I can think of that seems to have really helped sell a game.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

finished MGS3 whadda fuckin flawless 25 hours of video game holy poo poo. the romantic finale with ocelot was hot.

ready to dive into 4 and get seriously aggravated

MGS4 was the first one I played I think

Ah to be 18 again and not give a gently caress about what I play or in what order

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Mode 7 posted:

I like Tim Rogers' current video stuff but a lot of his older written work I find completely off-putting. Also interestingly I started recently listening to the Insert Credit podcast (good fun and I recommend it) which he was, until recently, a member of and I gotta say... I think the podcast got markedly better without him being there and the other panel members now have more room to breathe/shine. When he was at his best he was funny, engaging and had interesting tangents or bits of insight to share that elevated whatever the group was talking about. At his worst he made the same four jokes over and over and just completely sucked all the air out of the room. It feels like he'd hit a point where he was at his worst way, way more often than his best so I'm guessing him stepping aside was burnout/lack-of-interest related but yeah, the show is better for it.

I like listening to Tim in any capacity but I do agree Insert Credit seems to function better without him.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rarity posted:

NG2: I just got to the first Moscow level and holy poo poo you weren't kidding about the rocket spam :negative:

Welcome to where Sigma 2 is better than 2

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

This one was kind of a cheat actually, as I don't really get a lot of pig bones lol and I wasn't about to make a whole thing of chashu...

Broth was a mix of a chicken/shrimp broth I had lying round (with a bit of mirin to balance it out) simmered with the seared bits of canadian bacon (my poor chashu substitute) and chicken thigh that were in the pan, along with scallion, garlic, and celery. Strained poured over a bit of chili oil for extra aromatic, topped with broccoli, canbac, chicken thigh, shiitake, and nori. Worked towards the creamy golden hue of the broth, the green (from the scallion), red (from Japanese seven-spice) as Yusuke described it...

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

wuggles posted:

MGS4 was the first one I played I think

Ah to be 18 again and not give a gently caress about what I play or in what order

It was 4 for me too. I don't think it messed up my appreciation for the series. And for people recently talking about playing MGS1, I played it for the first time about 7? years ago and have played it recently and it it totally holds up and is fun, a little hard in some parts (some bosses, especially the final one) but it's totally doable.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's still lame as hell that MGS4 went with the whole hey everything is happening because of nanomachines, it was always nanomachines thing that stuck with the series ever since :\

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Senator Armstrong's line is Iconic, though

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FirstAidKite posted:

It's still lame as hell that MGS4 went with the whole hey everything is happening because of nanomachines, it was always nanomachines thing that stuck with the series ever since :\

MGS4 bad.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhMsboqMMzs

Revengeance remaster when??

Zushio
May 8, 2008

I didn't even need to click this to know exactly what it was.

One of my friends is basically a chubby version of Senator Armstrong in terms of appearance. They have different politics, but almost the exact same style of speech and grandiose "tough decisions" attitude. Also totally the type to go in for a hug when he thinks he has won an argument.

Also, yeah. Remaster (or sequel) when. I thought Raiden kind of sucked in MGS2 even if the game itself is good. 4 he was mostly just silly, if kinda cool. Ever since I played Revengeance I refer to him as Jack and think he is awesome as hell.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Mar 25, 2021

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Senator Armstrong's line is Iconic, though

Rising didn't apply a dumb blanket explanation over every other game before it while explaining away any interesting mystery bits, it was its own master now and didn't need to worry about explaining away anything from previous titles.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Zushio posted:

I didn't even need to click this to know exactly what it was.

One of my friends is basically a chubby version of Senator Armstrong in terms of appearance. They have different politics, but almost the exact same style of speech and grandiose "tough decisions" attitude. Also totally the type to go in for a hug when he thinks he has won an argument.

Also, yeah. Remaster (or sequel) when. I thought Raiden kind of sucked in MGS2 even if the game itself is good. 4 he was mostly just silly, if kinda cool. Ever since I played Revengeance I refer to him as Jack and think he is awesome as hell.

Giving Raiden the Cloud Strife "wants to be seen as cool by others" insecurity was brilliant characterization.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Metal gear rising is being covered on goon podcast watch out for fireballs next month and that's great because i needed an excuse to replay it!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’ve been calling it Metal Gear Revengeance this whole time!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Rising didn't apply a dumb blanket explanation over every other game before it while explaining away any interesting mystery bits, it was its own master now and didn't need to worry about explaining away anything from previous titles.

I saw what you did there and it was a good title drop, ngl.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

How would you know? You're stuck in 2007

2008, I'm a whole year ahead :colbert:

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

ready to dive into 4 and get seriously aggravated

MGS4 is my next game after I finish Ninja Gaiden II so please could you spoiler tag any plot stuff if you're talking about it?

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Lurdiak posted:

MGS4 bad.

MGS4 good.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

MGS4 bad.

In conclusion, MGS4 is a game of contrasts.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I love MGS4 and I never want to play it again.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Well now I really want to play MGS4 :f5:

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

code:
Good GAMeS.

Bad GAMeS.

That is only the selfish perception of people.

Truly skilled gamers should try to celebrate their favourites.

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

I think 4 has the best boss battles in the series. Definitely not the best bosses tho.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Man the development process for Zelda: Wind Waker must have been a real mess. I never got past the first Hyrule Castle section when I played it originally but now I'm (presumably) about to go into the final dungeon, there's clearly a load of filler and missing content here. In particular the Triforce hunt is just a load of busywork considering you first have to visit every grid square and feed a fish, before saving up a load of money and doing a scavenger hunt. I love the overall gameplay and aesthetic but it feels like there's about a third of the game missing :(

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think I played through MGS4 something like 9 times to get all the titles and stuff and then another 9 times when they added trophies for doing that then maybe like another 10 times over the years for fun

i only ever watched all the cutscenes on the very first playthrough though lol

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Convex posted:

Man the development process for Zelda: Wind Waker must have been a real mess. I never got past the first Hyrule Castle section when I played it originally but now I'm (presumably) about to go into the final dungeon, there's clearly a load of filler and missing content here. In particular the Triforce hunt is just a load of busywork considering you first have to visit every grid square and feed a fish, before saving up a load of money and doing a scavenger hunt. I love the overall gameplay and aesthetic but it feels like there's about a third of the game missing :(

I feel like this is true of every Zelda game after Ocarina of Time.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Convex posted:

Are you playing the HD or original GCN version?

Because if you're playing on HD, the Triforce hunt was originally worse. Each shard had a chart to go with it, forcing you to grind up ~4000 rupees for Tingle. In the HD version, 5 of the Triforce charts just give you a shard outright.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I'm have both but am playing the original on GC as I don't have a Wii U and Zelda feels cosier on my bedroom TV :)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rarity posted:

Well now I really want to play MGS4 :f5:

Ignore literally everything everyone else is saying, you can buy a musket and it summons typhoons on one map.

Also you're lucky because you can't play MGS4 Online which had the worst designed multiplayer shooting in a game that cost money.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Barudak posted:

Ignore literally everything everyone else is saying, you can buy a musket and it summons typhoons on one map.

Also you're lucky because you can't play MGS4 Online which had the worst designed multiplayer shooting in a game that cost money.

The hell we had to go through just to set up an account and sign into Konami's awful proprietary system because they didn't want to use Sony's online services. :psyduck:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Mode 7 posted:

In conclusion, MGS4 is a game of contrasts.

MGS4 good, MGS5 bad :colbert:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I was watching a movie but it kept getting interrupted by gameplay LOL

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If March is named after the god of war, Mars, is Warch named after the god of mar, Wars?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
It is actually named after the god of giant chickens, Wark.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

If March is named after the god of war, Mars, is Warch named after the god of mar, Wars?

If it had to do with Mar we'd be posting in Haven City Chat Thread

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I like that the Metal Gear you fight in Metal Gear Rising has a lore explainer that says "this isn't actually a Metal Gear but it got called one for marketing purposes"

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Yeah, everyone got a real kick out of that back then. It's especially funny because you know corporations would do that even to giant robots, if giant robots existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

MGS games ranked on how memorable the bosses are: