Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Shinjobi posted:

How much blood will be spilled in the chicken wars to come, I ask?

hopefully none if they're preparing the chickens properly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Shinjobi posted:

We've spent years of our lives, endlessly debating the potential devastation of a human/centaur war. Foolishly, we never stopped to consider the war that was right on out doorstep, with higher stakes than ever before. How much blood will be spilled in the chicken wars to come, I ask? When will the madness end?

Considering that the Chick-Fil-A that just opened in Shelby Charter Township in Michigan was backed up for what appeared to be hours and hours and hours when me and a friend drove by, the chicken wars will never end. Also we were both disappointed, but not surprised, that they were backed up so bad in that particular area of Michigan. Or any part of MIchigan, really. I'm sorry about my state :saddumb:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Chick Fil A is fine. They have a signature sandwich that's tasty and iconic enough that everyone else is trying to copy them and expressing your politics through fast food choices is lame as hell.

Also no ethical consumption under capitalism anyway.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I met the CFA owner/president/whatever guy a few years before he died. He was a pleasant enough fellow, it’s a shame about his views. I wish they would step back from their politics as it’s the only place in this town with a decent tasting and healthy fast food salad.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

flavor.flv posted:

Even 7-11 has a chicken sandwich now, I got a half off coupon for one last week

It tasted like poo poo

Next time eat the sandwich instead.

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

I somehow have been living under a rock and have never listened to any MBMBAM ever but my roommate turned me on to Adventure Zone via the first arc (six eps?) of Amnesty.

I'm starting from the beginning now, and it's kind of hilarious to listen to them do a campaign I've done but make VERY different choices than what my group made. Is it worth it to truck all the way through? This is like 300 hours of podcast episodes.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

taco show posted:

I somehow have been living under a rock and have never listened to any MBMBAM ever but my roommate turned me on to Adventure Zone via the first arc (six eps?) of Amnesty.

I'm starting from the beginning now, and it's kind of hilarious to listen to them do a campaign I've done but make VERY different choices than what my group made. Is it worth it to truck all the way through? This is like 300 hours of podcast episodes.

Balance is really good, it starts with them goofing and not taking it seriously, and organically turns into a really great story while maintaining the goofiness.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

taco show posted:

If you're starting from Balance, it starts out a bit loose but gets much better than it goes on. Justin evolves Takko to something much better. It's amazing improv that turns into an amazing story. My only criticism is that the Petal to the Metal arc is a bit too long for its own good and the graphic novel adaption does it way better.

Amnesty is good and a different game style (Monster of the Week) but don't go in expecting it to be big and crazy like Balance was. People went in on the high of Balance's finale and got disappointed. I enjoyed it but do not expect a Balance 2.

Graduation I wouldn't recommend. Travis drops the ball big time as GM. I'm hopeful for him to adapt and fix it but it's already 30 episodes in so it's harder to chew through. I'm waiting on it to finish before I go back to it.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

taco show posted:

They deviate from the Lost Mines of Phandelver stuff and go into fully original content pretty quickly so give it a listen for at least the first 10 or so episodes. It only gets better and more polished as it goes on

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
If you started listening with Amnesty then you might take the theme music a bit for granted. Griffin didn't start composing music for the episodes until I wanna say the third arc of Balance, which coincidentally is when a lot of folks say the game really hit its stride.

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

It sounds like I should finish Amnesty and then come back to Balance. I really, really liked how the first arc wrapped up and I could hang with these characters a little more. I'm at a pretty good stopping point with Balance anyway (they just murked the second big boss).

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I've always been curious about this podcast as many of my peers have discussed it but there has always been one glaring obstacle to me trying it: that of Travis McElroy's infamous "soy face"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Truly the most difficult part of engaging with an audio medium

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Edit:did a better job of it

Jestery fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Mar 25, 2021

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Jestery posted:

:perfect:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jestery posted:

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
As far as chicken sandwiches got, whether you like it grilled, crispy, or smoked, I recommend brining your chicken over night in pickle juice. The sandwich you make at home will end all wars.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I don't think Munch Squad is paid ads or attempts to grab corporate attention. That's kind of dumb to think so. It's really just Justin trying to get his bit out there and when you live in suburban Appalachia like he and I do, you have to mock ridiculous things around you. And since you can't really do anything but go see lakes and eat at roadside food places, the only thing you can relate to the outside world about is dumb corporate food poo poo. It's just that he's regurgitating "check out this wacky food thing!" articles a week after everyone's gone "ha that's dumb" on Twitter to basically incite the same reaction you feel when people try to share a Chuck Norris/Florida Man meme with you.

Pennsylvanian fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Mar 25, 2021

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It was pretty funny finding out the soyface guy had a popular podcast.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Wizard Master posted:

I've always been curious about this podcast as many of my peers have discussed it but there has always been one glaring obstacle to me trying it: that of Travis McElroy's infamous "soy face"

hmm weird i somehow manage to avoid seeing his face the majority of the time as a fan of shows he’s on seems like only people who use “soyface” unironically have a hard time with this

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
Did something happen over the last few months to bring Travis McElroy to the attention of people who don't listen to podcasts? Is it just the Twitch thing that's drawing all the weirdness?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Finally, the best McElroy content is coming back.

Now we just need to get Griffin and Justin playing random games together again and we're all set

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
They're streaming fmv quest on twitch right now

e: nvm just ended

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 25, 2021

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Pennsylvanian posted:

It's just that he's regurgitating "check out this wacky food thing!" articles a week after everyone's gone "ha that's dumb" on Twitter to basically incite the same reaction you feel when people try to share a Chuck Norris/Florida Man meme with you.

I've never heard of any of his Munch Squad stuff before he does it so it's always an enjoyable bit

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

rollick posted:

Did something happen over the last few months to bring Travis McElroy to the attention of people who don't listen to podcasts? Is it just the Twitch thing that's drawing all the weirdness?

I think the twitch thing just happened in very close proximity to his "I'm not bisexual, but" tweets, and a lot of the existing Travis haters amplified it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Farecoal posted:

I've never heard of any of his Munch Squad stuff before he does it so it's always an enjoyable bit

He reads Twitter so I don't have to.

Regarding Travis bits, Riddle Me Piss is a good bit, it's just that people who don't like Travis find the Riddlemaster voice annoying. Justin and Griffin pretend they hate it to dunk on him, but once they actually get into the bit, they always enjoy it. It's fun hearing what bonkers backwards logic user submissions come up with for "answers" to their dumbass riddles.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 25, 2021

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
The tv show really was great. In tiny town when they got told off oh man. Or when griffin unwittingly unleashed the clown box. 10 foot verticle leap.

Just one if the many great shows that will always only have one season.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Groovelord Neato posted:

It was pretty funny finding out the soyface guy had a popular podcast.

bad probe

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Good probe, and funny imo

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

misadventurous posted:

hmm weird i somehow manage to avoid seeing his face the majority of the time as a fan of shows he’s on seems like only people who use “soyface” unironically have a hard time with this

I would have thought the mbmbam fanbase and chuds with that weird soy fixation wouldn't overlap at all, genuinely surprised to see it.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

IRQ posted:

I would have thought the mbmbam fanbase and chuds with that weird soy fixation wouldn't overlap at all, genuinely surprised to see it.

didn’t you hear that it’s actually leftist to adopt right wing idpol talking points?

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
leftists gave them the OK hand symbol for free, they can at least take soyface in return since that's what everyone calls it

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Tbh Nice Guy Face is a hell of a lot better as a descriptor, is more accurate, isn't all over 4chan and has less weird sexist or whatever undertones.

Edit: though the Internet adopting "Travis Face" would be hilarious

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

hating the mcelroy's is a symptom of facile leftism so this all checks out.

God I really want more game quick looks, I think that's what monster factory should have transitioned to ages ago but it feels caught between the two concepts.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
i only hate the middlest brother, which obviously makes me a centrist

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Bonaventure posted:

i only hate the middlest brother, which obviously makes me a centrist
makes me wonder, which brother do you hate if your a monarchist?

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Pladdicus posted:

hating the mcelroy's is a symptom of facile leftism so this all checks out.

God I really want more game quick looks, I think that's what monster factory should have transitioned to ages ago but it feels caught between the two concepts.

Yea for sure, like honestly they should just scrap The Besties as Chris and Russ are just boring imo and it's on its last legs and start another series on YouTube where Justin and Griffin play games together. I want more weird game videos too, exploring crazy mods etc, like drat I hate that Nick turned out the way he did because him and Griffin made such drat good content. Griffin is actually just great at video game vids, even solo, his nuzlocke pokemon series was really entertaining.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Just Chamber posted:

Yea for sure, like honestly they should just scrap The Besties as Chris and Russ are just boring imo and it's on its last legs and start another series on YouTube where Justin and Griffin play games together. I want more weird game videos too, exploring crazy mods etc, like drat I hate that Nick turned out the way he did because him and Griffin made such drat good content. Griffin is actually just great at video game vids, even solo, his nuzlocke pokemon series was really entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYespfZgeWQ griffin's amiibo corner is a real treat. it's definitely one of those series where if when they take the bit too far outfield you'll hate it (clown box, anything that he did with nick) but the whole premise is great and it ends about when it would have gotten old imo.

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
I want Griffin to go back to his "Griffin gets good at chess" video series idea that was rejected by Polygon like five years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Pladdicus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYespfZgeWQ griffin's amiibo corner is a real treat. it's definitely one of those series where if when they take the bit too far outfield you'll hate it (clown box, anything that he did with nick) but the whole premise is great and it ends about when it would have gotten old imo.

Oh yea it's one of my favs for sure. That sort of humour is extremely my jam. Pat Gill's Retweet the Toad series scratched that itch too. Shame apparently content like that just isn't allowed anymore on Polygon. Dead website.