Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Why would I not believe the bottle thing?

Better employers than Amazon have done it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

https://twitter.com/rabble/status/1374123867556433931

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Lol these losers are really going out of their minds no one cares about their "experts" any more. you will see our superior opinions if you like it or not! :colbert:

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Same grade as "these concentration camps are an optical illusion" imo

Also don't worry though the doj won't let any monopolies or trusts into our critical markets

quote:

The DOJ is focused on whether the deal limits the options of Japanese studios looking to license shows in the US, according to The Information’s sources. “WarnerMedia and Sony have told the Justice Department that Crunchyroll and Sony’s budding anime empire are just two of many options anime creators have to distribute their shows outside Japan,” The Information writes, but even if direct competition isn’t a concern, there could be other reasons to worry.

Controlling both Funimation and Crunchyroll means one thing in the context of anime streaming services in the US, but taken with all the other things Crunchyroll does, like manga publishing and anime conventions, and the international anime companies Sony already purchased in Australia and France, the company could have a huge amount of control over the entire industry.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/24/22349203/doj-crunchyroll-investigation-sony-att

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

lmao

https://twitter.com/amazonnews/status/1374911222361956359

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/jennineak/status/1374995163735416833

:psyboom:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

they already admitted it was a bad idea, what more do you want from them??!?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
cages are expensive. better to create a mental cage in their mind, that way the employee pays to maintain it

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

imagine my fury when it didn't end with "where is your $BTC wallet pw?"

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

The Oldest Man posted:

Same grade as "these concentration camps are an optical illusion" imo

Also don't worry though the doj won't let any monopolies or trusts into our critical markets

another reason why we need statutory licensing of all copyrighted media

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

If every day is Earth Day, no day is Earth Day.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

thats some good humaning

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

DLC for your car.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
you have to buy DLC for the safety feature :psyduck:

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
How long until seatbelts and airbags cost extra

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rutibex posted:

its not any safer than using high beam lights normally its just now everyone hates you for flashing at them and its the computers fault

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Rutibex posted:

"Please re-enable your subscription to NoCrashPlus" as I get loving owned by a semi truck by suddenly not having blind spot detection one morning three years after I bought my car

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Rutibex posted:

loving lol at the thing but no, you can use the high beams manually, but you have to pay $160 to unlock automatic high beams (a feature that's been standard on a lot of cars for a long time)

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Fart Car '97 posted:

loving lol at the thing but no, you can use the high beams manually, but you have to pay $160 to unlock automatic high beams (a feature that's been standard on a lot of cars for a long time)

Automatic high beams are a safety feature. Want to know how I know that? Because their loving website says so

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

The Oldest Man posted:

Automatic high beams are a safety feature. Want to know how I know that? Because their loving website says so

they are automatic if you pay for them

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
This whole discussion wouldn't be if that poor had just bought the season pass for their car

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo that rules. I feel left out with my 2012 Civic that requires no IAP.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Sjs00 posted:

This whole discussion wouldn't be if that poor had just bought the season pass for their car

I actually haven't seen any non-luxury rear end in a top hat brand try this yet, it seems to be an ~innovative~ new way for BMW and Mercedes et all to grift their idiotic status seeking customers a little harder, which they were already all-in on by making things like pushbutton start a paid option. This is just one more turn of the squeezer to get out the last few drops of sweet sweet money from someone who's already proven to make terrible financial decisions by buying a 5 series to begin with.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The Oldest Man posted:

Sure but there's a difference between a safety feature as in a required by law thing that all cars have standard that you still have access to without paying the app store (which is the case here) and a feature related to safety that is an advanced bougie thing nice cars have that you get baited into buying on an app store because you're a rich idiot (which is the case here)

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Fart Car '97 posted:

Sure but there's a difference between a safety feature as in a required by law thing that all cars have standard that you still have access to without paying the app store (which is the case here) and a feature related to safety that is an advanced bougie thing nice cars have that you get baited into buying on an app store because you're a rich idiot (which is the case here)

Advanced bougie technology equipped only on advanced bougie cars such as the *checks notes* Hyundai Accent

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i would buy car DLC buy it would have to be like "Unlimited Gas" or "No Police" cheats. high beams is worse than horse armor

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Rutibex posted:

i would buy car DLC buy it would have to be like "Unlimited Gas" or "No Police" cheats

What if you got into your car on a frosty 25 degree morning and it made you put in a credit card number to turn your heated seats back on

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The Oldest Man posted:

Advanced bougie technology equipped only on advanced bougie cars such as the *checks notes* Hyundai Accent

Yes I made that exact point

Fart Car '97 posted:

you have to pay $160 to unlock automatic high beams (a feature that's been standard on a lot of cars for a long time)

It's important to me that we mock the decline of the world via capitalism accurately

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

I feel like a Lovecraft protagonist.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

I don't think these guys are being innovative enough actually. What are other car DLCs they should add.

How about you have to pay a subscription fee to use the trunk

Back seat seatbelt tensions lock them in the retracted position so you can't safely put anyone in the back seats unless you buy the Passenger+ Pass

All wheel drive system that you have to haul around at a fuel economy penalty but it doesn't actually engage and provide power to the rear wheels without the All Terrain Pro Pack Expansion

LATCH covers that are locked shut unless you pay the BabyMate Annual fee

Or let's be really innovative and maybe the car simply stalls if you attempt to drive it onto the freeway without the High Speed Fastpass

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Fart Car '97 posted:

health feature: dialysis

advanced bougie thing: kidney transplant

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

The Oldest Man posted:

I don't think these guys are being innovative enough actually. What are other car DLCs they should add.

How about you have to pay a subscription fee to use the trunk

Back seat seatbelt tensions lock them in the retracted position so you can't safely put anyone in the back seats unless you buy the Passenger+ Pass

All wheel drive system that you have to haul around at a fuel economy penalty but it doesn't actually engage and provide power to the rear wheels without the All Terrain Pro Pack Expansion

LATCH covers that are locked shut unless you pay the BabyMate Annual fee

Or let's be really innovative and maybe the car simply stalls if you attempt to drive it onto the freeway without the High Speed Fastpass

The car forfeits your right to refuse search for you if you don't pay a subscription.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

The Oldest Man posted:

every 5 minutes the sound system interrupts whatever source is playing and inserts an ad, upwards of half of the ads are just for the $6.99 a month service charge to remove said ads.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“Your artificial heart is in basic mode. To enable exercise mode, kindly transfer one (1) XBT to 0xDEADBEEF”

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Why are automatic hi-beams even a thing?

When should you use hi-beams? Almost never! Only in very specific situations. They should never just automatically be on because the car thinks it's okay.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

When should you use hi-beams? Almost never! Only in very specific situations. They should never just automatically be on because the car thinks it's okay.

i think the car turns them /off/ temporarily when it sees oncoming traffic, not on arbitrarily.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

driving down a somewhat busy but unlit country road at night

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Farm Frenzy posted:

driving down a somewhat busy but unlit country road at night

Which is a ton of exurban driving these cars get bought for

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Don’t think of “what very specific situations can I use high beams in?” Think of it as when you cannot.

Switch to low beams only when there is an oncoming vehicle within a hundred and fifty metres, you are following another vehicle closer than one hundred metres or street lights are present.

Now, these exceptions, plus daylight, do include the vast majority of driving time undertaken by most people, but still, high beams should be used unless there is good reason not to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Lol they're going to replace trim levels with this poo poo. Get used to it.