Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

GoutPatrol posted:

I have a coworker who was in Shanghai from 2013-2018. Near where he lived there was a restaurant run by a Uighur family from Xinjiang. They had a little kid, around 8-9, who didn't go to school because she didn't have the right hukou. They seemed nice. In 2017 they were going back to Xinjiang during the New Year break, and said they would be back in about a month. Well a month came and went. And then another. And another. And then all of their stuff was taken out of the restaurant and put on the street. Not just like things for the restaurant, but their personal stuff. It got picked over, and then a cram school opened up in their place. He never saw them again.

Well that's my friend's story

So is no one else going to acknowledge this post, or...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
dolphin is one of those cia dolphins that faked the uss cole attack with a sea mine

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
It's also weird to automatically dismiss doubting the narrative as conspiracy theories. All of the people posting here should be old enough to remember Powell waving with vials, nevermind more recent stuff like the OAS "evidence" in Bolovia.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Dolphin posted:

sure they could be lying. where's your evidence of that?

where's your evidence that they aren't?

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Serf posted:

where's your evidence that they aren't?
yeah that's not how burden of proof works.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Dolphin posted:

perhaps. we also have no evidence of that.

lmao what the gently caress

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

saddam has yellowcake uranium and wants to nuke the super bowl you guys my uncle's cousin's niece's godmother works at Nintendo and the baath party is the reason switches are all out of stock everywhere

Serf
May 5, 2011

Dolphin posted:

i mean it seems like its on you to prove that china is committing genocide

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Dolphin posted:

sure they could be lying. where's your evidence of that?

it’s on the people claiming there are genocidal death camps to provide the evidence. i can’t prove something “isn’t happening” lol you’re being ridiculous

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012

Dolphin posted:

Burden of proof is on the accuser. You say there is genocide in Xinjiang so post your proof or shut up.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Dolphin posted:

this is literally the exact opposite of how this kind of accusation works

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Serf posted:

i mean it seems like its on you to prove that china is committing genocide
no, that's also not how burden of proof works. there appears to be widespread consensus that this is a thing that is occurring so it's incumbent on you to prove that it isn't. kinda like how everyone says gravity is a thing and if i say it's been wrong all along i have to provide the evidence.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

what does this third hand anecdote prove exactly

Serf
May 5, 2011

the united states government has been lying about drat near everything for my entire life, why should i start believing them now?

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Dolphin posted:

no, that's also not how burden of proof works. there appears to be widespread consensus that this is a thing that is occurring so it's incumbent on you to prove that it isn't. kinda like how everyone says gravity is a thing and if i say it's been wrong all along i have to provide the evidence.

this is ideology on a level i have not previously seen before. it’s incredible, i need sunglasses to stare at this

Serf
May 5, 2011

Dolphin posted:

widespread consensus? among who? it doesn't seem like that consensus exists here, or anywhere else i've looked for information on the topic. so i think you should start posting the sources that you most assuredly have. (you do have them right?)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

someone went to Xinjiang and never came back. Are we supposed to assume that "never came back" is supposed to mean he was killed or something?

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

THS posted:

well you dont want to be called a genocide denier. get on the china-condemner bus with everyone else. if you’re proven wrong later, whatever, you can jump on the next narrative designed to make the enemies of the US into the great nazi evil which must be confronted with sanctions and more military spending. will that escalate into a war? maybe! i promise to join the anti-war protests after supporting each and every overblown justification and state dept narrative along the way

sadly this is the only charitable explanation for it. the other two i can think of is

-the babybrained notion that monstrous evil lurks inside the very conceit of state power and will be unleashed whenever it gets strong enough

-racism

Serf
May 5, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

sounds bad. i could tell you a dozen stories just like it of refugees being put into ins (now ice) vans and disappearing forever

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dolphin posted:

something based on decades of precedent and thousands of reports

But enough about America's history of foreign policy deception

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Serf posted:

sounds bad. i could tell you a dozen stories just like it of refugees being put into ins (now ice) vans and disappearing forever
buT wHaT aBoUt tHE US

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Serf posted:

Yeah and that's Extremely Bad, and my assertion is that's what's going on in China is Probably Bad, maybe even Extremely Bad. But I think it's been conclusively demonstrated here itt that the stories of organ harvesting or whatever are all bullshit.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Dolphin posted:

buT wHaT aBoUt tHE US

"and you are lynching negroes"

the more things change, the more they stay the same

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Serf posted:

also that bit where federal agents are picking up people from the streets of portland. i mean they reappear(?) later but it still the state kidnapping citizens from the streets in the good ol' US of KKK

Serf
May 5, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Yeah and that's Extremely Bad, and my assertion is that's what's going on in China is Probably Bad, maybe even Extremely Bad. But I think it's been conclusively demonstrated here itt that the stories of organ harvesting or whatever are all bullshit.

what proof do you or i have that those refugees weren't taken into the woods and shot? barring that, who's to say that upon return to their home countries (ravaged by american imperialism) they weren't shot, or contracted a fatal disease, or starved to death, etc. etc. etc.? all i'm saying is that there's no proof of anything, i can make up all sorts of horrible ends for these people just like zenz and the state department if it serves my interests

can you expand on the probably bad/extremely bad threat level assessment? i think it has promise

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Dolphin posted:

buT wHaT aBoUt tHE US

currently the US is the greatest threat to peace, the greatest purveyor of military violence on the earth, the greatest oppressor in world history. as a US citizen i am far more interested in the crimes of the US than in your poorly substantiated accusations that you refuse to even try to prove. getting on board the China Bad train when the US media and government is attempting to whip up the american public into a frothing anti-China sentiment is not really the height of political courage

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

once you've gotten to the point where you're willing to acknowledge that "China isn't doing to the Uighurs what the media and the American government keeps insisting they are", the next step is to acknowledge that "whatever it is that actually is going on in there is not sufficient grounds for imposing sanctions on them, trying to form power blocs to encircle them, sailing ships close to their waters, and generally trying to provoke a hostile confrontation with them"

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

how about cap and trade but for concentration camps and black bagging people

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Dolphin posted:

swimsuit posted:

maybe if you arrange all of this information in a misspelling of the word "trump" they will understand, op

lol every time it's a trump thread poster

Serf
May 5, 2011

fanfic insert posted:

also that bit where federal agents are picking up people from the streets of portland. i mean they reappear(?) later but it still the state kidnapping citizens from the streets in the good ol' US of KKK

let's not forget that reinhol dude who got merced in the street by federal agents. or the blm protesters who mysteriously committed suicide. or the assassination of fred hampton. or, or, or

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

gradenko_2000 posted:

once you've gotten to the point where you're willing to acknowledge that "China isn't doing to the Uighurs what the media and the American government keeps insisting they are", the next step is to acknowledge that "whatever it is that actually is going on in there is not sufficient grounds for imposing sanctions on them, trying to form power blocs to encircle them, sailing ships close to their waters, and generally trying to provoke a hostile confrontation with them"

At no point in this conversation have I supported the US sanctioning literally anyone. This country is in absolutely no position to take action based on supposed moral stances and anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Dolphin posted:

buT wHaT aBoUt tHE US

this isnt it and you know it. its a demonstration of how empty you are being right now. Post the sources.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

someone went to Xinjiang and never came back. Are we supposed to assume that "never came back" is supposed to mean he was killed or something?

yes there is absolutely nothing else that could possibly have happened

just like how we know for a fact that every single time a mexican food truck goes away in the US it's because the owners got put on a train to the gas chambers at ICE-witz.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

THS posted:

this is ideology on a level i have not previously seen before. it’s incredible, i need sunglasses to stare at this

hypernormalizing myself a clockwork orange style on transformers movies until my brain is a luminous orb free of friction

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fanfic insert posted:

this isnt it and you know it. its a demonstration of how empty you are being right now. Post the sources.
Why bother?

https://shahit.biz/eng/#evidence

We can start here I suppose. Folks do these people work for the state department?

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

You acted like I was a holocaust denier literally like yesrerday because I wasn't breathlessly emptyquoting whatever bellingcat bullshit you were reposting.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Salean posted:

while what china and america do are bad, surely we can agree that purging dnd is good

death camps for d&d

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

ram dass in hell posted:

You acted like I was a holocaust denier literally like yesrerday because I wasn't breathlessly emptyquoting whatever bellingcat bullshit you were reposting.

i'm well familiar with your standards for genocide and China is almost certainly meeting them with their internment camps

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

i'm well familiar with your standards for genocide and China is almost certainly meeting them with their internment camps

almost certainly huh, well then I'm sure you can demonstrate that with evidence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Dolphin posted:

no, that's also not how burden of proof works. there appears to be widespread consensus that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction so it's incumbent on you to prove that it isn't. kinda like how everyone says gravity is a thing and if i say it's been wrong all along i have to provide the evidence.

incorrect, completely and utterly!