Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Leonidas is christ but also fash. Superman is christ but also fash. This zack snyder is just a nice christian dude. I think about art a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Equeen posted:

In the very same movie he portrayed giving money to a poor single mother as an heroic act.

So I stand by the assertion that the only people who want to adapt Rand's dogshit books are the cultists that think she's right

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Dawn of the Dead 04 is better than the original

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

there's like two separate threads in CineD where you can talk about Snyder films, dunno why you're all hiding out here

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
You can get the same experience of nerds getting angry at you for not being deep enough here at home

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Mantis42 posted:

Dawn of the Dead 04 is better than the original

Wow wow wow let's not go that far

Serf
May 5, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

Wow wow wow let's not go that far

your name and av indicate a conflict of interest. perhaps you should recuse yourself from this serious matter

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Serf posted:

your name and av indicate a conflict of interest. perhaps you should recuse yourself from this serious matter

*shambles away*

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Lt. Danger posted:

there's like two separate threads in CineD where you can talk about Snyder films, dunno why you're all hiding out here

Star Trek sucks extremely much rear end on both a creative and often technical level and people refuse to shut the gently caress up about it but I don’t complain about it all the time. it’s whatever. I just ignore it when it comes up

I did really like Man of Steel though

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

indigi posted:

Star Trek sucks extremely much rear end on both a creative and often technical level and people refuse to shut the gently caress up about it but I don’t complain about it all the time. it’s whatever. I just ignore it when it comes up

I did really like Man of Steel though

You aint lying about star trek

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

FFT posted:

https://twitter.com/snydercut/status/1373424594787446786

"THIS RED CAPE CHARGES BACK"

well now it definitely can't be red, which is a better excuse than anything the movie had for Clark explicitly choosing the Zod color scheme lmao

this reminds me of putting two forks beside my bowl and using the thanksgiving cloth napkins to dab the corners of my mouth while eating my canned hormel chili as a kid because i thought that made it fancy

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
so i watched Sorcerer and it's good 2 thumbs up
I also watched To Live And Die In LA and I thought it was really bad up until I realized it's satire

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
TLADILA is about a secret service agent trying to stop a counterfeiter (played by young Willem Dafoe) and the crazy antics he gets up to. The dude becomes more and more unhinged as the movie goes including kidnapping, assaulting, and robbing a dude who turns out to be an undercover fbi agent.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Breakfast All Day posted:

this reminds me of putting two forks beside my bowl and using the thanksgiving cloth napkins to dab the corners of my mouth while eating my canned hormel chili as a kid because i thought that made it fancy

That's because it does

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

KomradeX posted:

So I stand by the assertion that the only people who want to adapt Rand's dogshit books are the cultists that think she's right

That's a pretty dumb assertion hth

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

McCloud posted:

No

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

McCloud posted:

could you explain what other possible reason one would want to adapt The Fountainhead as a passion project, a novel every human being on Earth not belonging to the Ayn Rand Institute agrees is absolute dogshit

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
john travolta isn't a scientologist, he just really really liked Battlefield Earth

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

now i want verhoeven fountainhead

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

and paul schrader is a post-war japanese fascist

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Snyder said he thought it was about the creative process. This is a man who thought the comedian was a bad rear end and so was rorschach

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

josh04 posted:

and paul schrader is a post-war japanese fascist

Lmao snyder

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Low Desert Punk posted:

could you explain what other possible reason one would want to adapt The Fountainhead as a passion project, a novel every human being on Earth not belonging to the Ayn Rand Institute agrees is absolute dogshit

Now why would a director who constantly had his films meddled with (to their detriment) by film executives obsessed with profit be interested in a book that goes on and on about artistic integrity and not accepting compromises in their art? :thunk:

It's doubly stupid because his Superman is a dude who spent his entire life running around helping people and ends up sacrificing his life for others, which last I checked is kind of frowned upon in the philosophy (and i use that word loosely) of "enlightened self interest"

The whole "Zack Snyder is an objectivist" nonsense was started by sex pest Devin Faraci, and is worth about as much as he is.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

[unsuccessful attempt to shift away from super hero discussion] i watched OLD JOY last night and had the thought that kelly reichardt might be the USA-analogue of hirokazu kore-eda, prob my fave living director

anyone have any recs for reichardt other than CERTAIN WOMEN and FIRST COW? is MEEK’s CUTOFF next?

maybe we need an unpopular culture thread

Wraith of J.O.I. has issued a correction as of 17:10 on Mar 25, 2021

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
His superman spends most of his time wondering if he should help people. Also, Snyder got to do a ton of poo poo, he just pushed his luck too far.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

[unsuccessful attempt to shift away from super hero discussion] i watched OLD JOY last night and had the thought that kelly reichardt might be the USA-analogue of hirokazu kore-eda, prob my fave living director

anyone have any recs for reichardt other than CERTAIN WOMEN and FIRST COW? is MEEK’s CUTOFF next?

maybe we need an unpopular culture thread

i enjoyed old joy

this has been my contribution to the non cgi punching movie discussion

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
:lmao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFQyrYSvqPI

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Bro Dad posted:

weird how you can criticize and talk poo poo about anything in media itt but everytime you talk about the ancient greek fascist/superman jesus director a bunch of people get extremely defensive

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Equeen posted:

In the very same movie he portrayed giving money to a poor single mother as an heroic act.

Maybe the criticism should be less stupid?

Like there numerous criticisms Snyder deserves, but I’m so tired of the same regurgitated poo poo.

my criticism is that his movies suck and are bad. if my very complete review of snyders ouvre offends you, please go back to CD

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

first cow was real good, kinda reminded me of slow west from a few years ago, unsure if that's thematical similarity or just them both being faintly arty films about sad people going west.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Judakel posted:

Snyder said he thought it was about the creative process. This is a man who thought the comedian was a bad rear end and so was rorschach

I think technically Rorschach would qualify as a badass he’s just also an insanely creepy loser dumbass

Breakfast All Day posted:

now i want verhoeven fountainhead

this would own

lol

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

babypolis posted:

my criticism is that his movies suck and are bad. if my very complete review of snyders ouvre offends you, please go back to CD

As far as criticisms go that's certainly concise

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

KomradeX posted:

I would love a Coen brothers Atlas Shrugged, but I don't think they're interested

edit: or a Marx brothers Atlas Shruggged, but they're dead

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Am I taking the crazy pills, it sounds exactly the same to me

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Zack snyder s justice league (2021) < Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's counterattack (1987)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

KomradeX posted:

Am I taking the crazy pills, it sounds exactly the same to me

even if they are different takes (I don’t think so) she’s clearly trying to deliver the line exactly the same way

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It's such a bad line read lol

I say this as someone who thoroughly enjoys the snyder dc movies

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it’s like an alien from a species without emotion learned their lines phonetically

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
zack snyder really had her come back so she could do several takes of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
FUCKIN gently caress
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1375166846563885058?s=20