Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

CJacobs posted:

At least Jimmy John Liautaud the bootstraps-believing man himself who responded to controversy surrounding his public hunting trophy photos (they aren't in the article but be wary looking it up) "I don't do that anymore it was years ago and it was legal" rather than "it was wrong that I did that" is no longer in charge of the business. All that kitschy stuff on the walls of a Jimmy Johns about listening to your elders and quirky rules for respecting authority is actually unironic, he really believes it.
Do they still have the loving noncompete agreement for all their goddamn sandwich stop staff, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Sentient Data posted:

They aren't expecting people to actually get 6 on their own, they're banking on people being dumb and getting 1~2 more than they normally would them giving up, and more insidiously turning people into that annoying cowoker/friend that will try to get others to order under their account to help them get a free sandwich

Sounds like a great deal for an office manager that has to order sandwiches for meetings or whatever....

y'know before Covid

oh who am I kidding there's tons of people holding in person meetings

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I thought this was implying something about the way the hand was gripping the rod and then I scrolled down another centimeter.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Iirc jimmy used to go to a bar that my brother was a regular at. He’d get one of the private rooms and the bartenders put bros drinks on Jimmy’s tab cuz he was a huge piece of poo poo

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Sounds like a great deal for an office manager that has to order sandwiches for meetings or whatever....

y'know before Covid

oh who am I kidding there's tons of people holding in person meetings

We just had a pizza party today

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Do they still have the loving noncompete agreement for all their goddamn sandwich stop staff, though?

Lol, that reminds me of when I was working in restaurants, one of my coworkers there wanted to get a job at a nicer, local, place while still working part time at the corporate joint we were at. He was just trying to make as much money as possible for a move at the end of the year.

The local place didn't want to hire him because the owner was afraid he would steal their secrets and give them to corporate.

Yes, a loving lowly line cook has a direct line to the corporate kitchens who are desperately trying to deduce the secret of your hollandaise.

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 14:52 on Mar 17, 2021

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I signed a non-compete and nda for gourmet popcorn. Small business owners are insane

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

What the gently caress

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

flavor.flv posted:

What the gently caress

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

flavor.flv posted:

What the gently caress

What, you don't headbutt another dude's balls?

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

What, you don't headbutt another dude's balls?

I do, but I'm not successful. I must be doing something else wrong.

Fake edit: I'm not doing it at a wharf every night, is that my mistake?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

jjack229 posted:

I do, but I'm not successful. I must be doing something else wrong.

Fake edit: I'm not doing it at a wharf every night, is that my mistake?

The successful person is the other guy.

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Captain Monkey posted:

The successful person is the other guy.

Well, don't I feel like a fool.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
like the parable about the long soup ladles in heaven and hell, but instead of soup ladels it's mashing people's genitals with your skull.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I mean the ad doesn't specify it has to be someone you dislike whose balls you headbutt. It could be someone closer. It could even be... A friend. :wink:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Well, if you're doing it every night something's gonna blossom

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It is nice to know that 70% of all successful people who exist do it though, makes me feel more normal about getting started. Anyone wanna be my sack buttee? I've got a real hard skull I've been told.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Begone, brand.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

my new favourite thing is leaving a link to the item on aliexpress when I get sponsored posts for dropshippers

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Got this one right after a post about how twitter has gotten so bad that tumblr became the better social media platform by default like Luigi doing nothing in mario party

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

huh?

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

- Mario is so bad in mario party that it's easier to play as Luigi who does nothing

- twitter = mario, and luigi = tumblr in this analogy

- tumblr algorithm picked up the word "twitter" after a post criticizing it and decided that was the best place to advertise twitter

(Let me know if that first part is right, I haven't played mario party in a few years)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The Mario Party characters don't actually have any playstyle differences, it's just from the gif of Luigi winning through inaction while the AI players die of stupidity.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

hyperhazard posted:

- Mario is so bad in mario party that it's easier to play as Luigi who does nothing

- twitter = mario, and luigi = tumblr in this analogy

- tumblr algorithm picked up the word "twitter" after a post criticizing it and decided that was the best place to advertise twitter

(Let me know if that first part is right, I haven't played mario party in a few years)

5 Stars, zero ratings is the real punchline.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Captain Hygiene posted:

The Mario Party characters don't actually have any playstyle differences, it's just from the gif of Luigi winning through inaction while the AI players die of stupidity.

This occasionally works against real people too. Though it may result in a slightly larger amount of violence than usual for a Mario Party game.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Plastik posted:

5 Stars, zero ratings is the real punchline.

Haha I completely missed that.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Memento posted:

Begone, brand.
daddy's boozy slushies uwu

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

So here's a dumb marketing move from paypal. I recently had to make a new account thanks to having switched phones and email since I last used it. Cue Paypal sending me an e-mail with this subject line (translated from Danish):

quote:

You have removed the limit over how much money can be transferred from Paypal to your bank account

I had done no such thing. Cue a frantic scramble to remove my card from Paypal and alert my bank and the national credit card service that my card was being used by somebody else and my PII was probably compromised.

Turns out the subject line was bullshit, removing the limit is something Paypal does automatically after a certain amount of time. I get that Danish is hard, but jesus christ. Also, they want 2 bucks to register my card again.

E: OK technically not marketing but close and this was the best place to bitch about it.

Fruits of the sea has a new favorite as of 22:02 on Mar 25, 2021

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

hyperhazard posted:

No such thing occurred, tumblr staff couldn't write an algorithm to do that in a million years :v:

Then again I have adblock on all the time so maybe there's non-crazy ads on there too

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Paypal doing dumb poo poo is par for the course. I got an email from them a little while ago saying "check your security settings" and then the links in it that it wanted you to click were all url-shortened obfuscated things, exactly like a phishing email would have. You shits have spent a very long time telling people not to click links exactly like that.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I get notifications about my needing to update my credit card info when I’ve been using my bank account for years. Thought that e-Mail was phishing too.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Memento posted:

Paypal doing dumb poo poo is par for the course. I got an email from them a little while ago saying "check your security settings" and then the links in it that it wanted you to click were all url-shortened obfuscated things, exactly like a phishing email would have. You shits have spent a very long time telling people not to click links exactly like that.

Everytime I think about paypal loving up the SA Katrina PayPal Massacre is still fresh in my memory, where Paypal demanded proof of shipping for relief donations that came into the paypal account for it.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

PayPal permanently susoended my account (thanks sesta/fosta and other anti-sexworker poo poo) but I still get monthly PayPal statements and emails reminding me I have a PayPal line of credit I'm not using 🙃

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

Fishstick posted:

Everytime I think about paypal loving up the SA Katrina PayPal Massacre is still fresh in my memory, where Paypal demanded proof of shipping for relief donations that came into the paypal account for it.

Was Lowtax involved?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Azathoth Prime posted:

Was Lowtax involved?
Yes. Using the entirely wrong sort of account type and accounting to collect donations so ehhh but still gently caress banks too.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
I’m just saying that if your airport restaurant has that deal where servers don’t approach you and there’s just a QR code you scan to see the menu, then showing me this is an excellent way to make sure I get up and leave after drinking a single beer.

I mean, if I’d gotten to the point of ordering with a server and they told me “we don’t serve burgers under medium well”, I might bite the bullet or I might order something else because I feel committed to *something* at that point. But as it is I know everything is going to suck and I can just leave.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Is that Shula's Steakhouse? I find it surprising they wouldn't cook a burger medium if you asked.

You're wrong though, burgers should be medium well. You sicko.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Is that Shula's Steakhouse? I find it surprising they wouldn't cook a burger medium if you asked.

You're wrong though, burgers should be medium well. You sicko.

At a local place, I could see going medium or even medium rare with a burger (depending on how reputable it is), but airport meat? Cook that poo poo through and through.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
If I can't trust a place enough to order a burg medium rare, I'm just not eating one there.

Tendies, plz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Giving you the choice at all is meant to distract you from the fact that airport restaurants are high school cafeteria food