Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you hitting monsters with?
Bow
Charge Blade
Dual Blades
Great Sword
Gunlance
Hammer
Heavy Bowgun
Hunting Horn
Insect Glaive
Lance
Light Bowgun
Longsword
Switch Axe
Sword and Shield
View Results

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Huxley posted:

Goons, please listen to me. I know it hurts to hear.

Just go to bed.

Absolutely not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Refried Hero
Jan 22, 2006

King of the grill

Y'all realize that MH already has a gang tag right? Like, the admins refused to give it away for free, but we made one two threads ago and you could buy it for yourself if you wanted it.

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude

Huxley posted:

Goons, please listen to me. I know it hurts to hear.

Just go to bed.

I'm shoving as much Benadryl into my system to speed up the process since it's noon.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Samael posted:

After seeing this on twitch look absolutely amazing and waking up the old school MH veteran in me, I pre-ordered it straight away and it should be coming tomorrow. On the other hand, I only have a switch lite and no external controller. I am not ready (or my budget at least) to buy a pro controller, am I hosed? Or is there a really cheap controller I can play to tide myself over for just this game

The PowerA wireless controllers are pretty good, they just feel cheap. They're $40-50 on Amazon but I could have sworn Gamestop sells them for $25.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

bbcisdabomb posted:

The PowerA wireless controllers are pretty good, they just feel cheap. They're $40-50 on Amazon but I could have sworn Gamestop sells them for $25.

At $40-50 you're better off just getting an 8bitdo.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Refried Hero posted:

Y'all realize that MH already has a gang tag right?

I did not

quote:

Like, the admins refused to give it away for free, but we made one two threads ago and you could buy it for yourself if you wanted it.

That was a long time ago at least in terms of the administration of this website.

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010

Alxprit posted:

oh custom gangtags for all 14 weapons would be wild too

Put me up for Charge Blade!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

drat this tag owns

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

drat this tag owns

So tasty!

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Never had a gang tag before, but a gang of hunters is the kind of gang I'd call family.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Samael posted:

After seeing this on twitch look absolutely amazing and waking up the old school MH veteran in me, I pre-ordered it straight away and it should be coming tomorrow. On the other hand, I only have a switch lite and no external controller. I am not ready (or my budget at least) to buy a pro controller, am I hosed? Or is there a really cheap controller I can play to tide myself over for just this game

Switch Lite has a USB port right? Can you stand it up and use a cheap $20 Power-A wired controller from Target?

e: ah the top google result I was reading was for Hori's USB PlayStand, I guess Switch Lite is USB-C only.

teppichporsche
May 11, 2019

If you had no problems playing MH on the 3Ds, I think you will be fine with the lite

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

drat this tag owns

That's a well done gangtag.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

curses, the other "on-call" guy in my team at work beat me to the punch for time off tomorrow :argh:

... at least I work from home, soooo :v:

(e) i want to put that tag back on but i'm waiting to see if any of these proposed new ones actually show up

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I'll def take the existing tag if it's being given out, but I won't pester anyone any longer, we're all just trying to have fun :shobon:

Also I'm not going to bed, I already napped today and it barely lasted for an hour.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

i am not handing out 14 separate gang tags sorry

e: if someone makes them you can feel free to buy them for yourselves!

we can still setup tags on the server by buying them as avatars first, right

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Weighing whether to stay up late for intro stuff and just one hunt if it's going to be at midnight PST... If only they'd make tomorrow a company holiday.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
i just woke up is rise out yet

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah i'm playing rise right now and there's only like 3 monsters and 1 of them is rathalos and another is azure rathalos

not sure on the third monster but i think it has wings and flies, too

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Still waiting for Rise to come out

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Still waiting for Rise to come out

Only eight more hours!

Badly Jester posted:

At $40-50 you're better off just getting an 8bitdo.

True hunters get the official Pro Controller with the Monster Hunter skin
https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-pro-controller-monster-hunter-rise-edition/-/A-82493735

I am not a true hunter :negative:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I've managed to do pretty much all my non-mindless admin work for the week so if my copy arrives early enough it'll be a good ol' working from home 'wiggle the mouse every ten minutes so the system thinks I'm there' day.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i've still got a ton of demo to do, personally. some two dozen single player hunts left, I've not tried Hammer or GL or SnS yet (and that's just my primary-interest weapons), and haven't seen Magmawhatever 'cos Mizutsune's soap is wrecking my rear end and I got a giant soapy shoulder-chip about it :argh:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Mar 25, 2021

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Harrow posted:

Does anyone here have the Hori Split Pad Pro? I get the feeling I'm going to want to play handheld sometimes and that the joycons are not going to be particularly comfortable for that.

I have it and it’s fantastic. I just wish it had more weight to it. It feels a little flimsy IMO

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

coward mods who covet extra buttons then fear them once they're gained

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

https://twitter.com/durp001/status/1375177179244339200?s=20

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

drat this tag owns

Oh hmm probably time to replace this Overwatch one since I don't play that game any more

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

stev posted:

I've managed to do pretty much all my non-mindless admin work for the week so if my copy arrives early enough it'll be a good ol' working from home 'wiggle the mouse every ten minutes so the system thinks I'm there' day.

Get a mechanical mouse jiggler. I have one with a little circle with dots on it that spins back and forth under the mouse every few minutes

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Good Citizen posted:

Get a mechanical mouse jiggler. I have one with a little circle with dots on it that spins back and forth under the mouse every few minutes

https://www.amazon.com/VAYDEER-Supports-Multi-Track-Driver-Free-Function/dp/B08PBHSLJ3/
this one does all sorts of patterns

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Make me a Games mod and I will incur the admin wrath.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Mine is purely analog since I worry about IT detecting weird poo poo plugged into my computer. Just literally a spinning disk, a mouse holder, and a button

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
use this https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/caffeine/

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Kiranico has dumped all the data on the site, mostly unformatted, if you'd like to poke through the swap skills and drive yourself crazy.

Like what does this imply (HH spoiler)?

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Diephoon posted:

Switch Lite has a USB port right? Can you stand it up and use a cheap $20 Power-A wired controller from Target?

e: ah the top google result I was reading was for Hori's USB PlayStand, I guess Switch Lite is USB-C only.

Get a USB-C to A adapter

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Ciaphas posted:

we can still setup tags on the server by buying them as avatars first, right

Shine posted:

Make me a Games mod and I will incur the admin wrath.

let me talk to the admins like i'm pretty sure i can get them uploaded so people don't have to do double av-buying for the first set and then shine volunteered to hand them out

Amp fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Mar 25, 2021

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

weapon specific tags seem cool, but all i want is this adorable dog dancing all over my av

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I just gave myself the old tag because I had to finally uh, take care of some business with my old Joe tag

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Well this thread finally inspired me to change my avatar.

The bad news is I lost my "Always Trust Your Fists" gangtag :(

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
If we get weapon specific gangtags, I'd like a GS specific one please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I picked up GU when it was on sale some time ago but didn't end up playing it much, so I guess this'll be my first real MonHun! I like being support classes in games, but how does the horn fare as a solo weapon?