Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

I suppose duluth is almost entirely built on a hill
https://www.google.com/maps/@46.7849973,-92.1085695,3a,75y,197.9h,83.93t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1swYRcJ0qQtwA2x7BolwJvhA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Hooplah posted:

lived in mn my whole life and have never had snow tires. regardless of the hills, which are legit, a lot of it really is just experience driving in those conditions

People say this and there’s an element of truth, but also Portland doesn’t use road salt and the big storms tend to involve snow that thaws and then refreezes making things much slicker than normal snowy conditions. Like half the wrecks here when it snows are recent transplants from the Midwest rolling their eyes and reminding everyone they got this cause they got experience

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Divot posted:

What about it hits uncomfortably close to home?

I listened to the first like 15 minutes and didn’t wanna hear any more Felix being awkward about never loving

Oh wait now I get it....

posters itt are more incel than leftist. not in the sense of espousing incel politics, but from the opinions that are being expressed indicating just totally unfuckable people

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
except for maybe that one guy getting other people to soak his sheets, that guy fucks AND posts

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.
sir ill have u kno im quite fuckable

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

except for maybe that one guy getting other people to soak his sheets, that guy fucks AND posts

and he's even named appropriately

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

posters itt are more incel than leftist. not in the sense of espousing incel politics, but from the opinions that are being expressed indicating just totally unfuckable people

Divot
Dec 23, 2013
For real tho whenever Felix makes sex jokes it's the cringiest he gets

It's like come on bro get your dick wet or come out of the closet it's fine

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

i'm a warrior for christ and i never have sex 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

HashtagGirlboss posted:

People say this and there’s an element of truth, but also Portland doesn’t use road salt and the big storms tend to involve snow that thaws and then refreezes making things much slicker than normal snowy conditions. Like half the wrecks here when it snows are recent transplants from the Midwest rolling their eyes and reminding everyone they got this cause they got experience

Sounds like they should use salt after big storms then, what's the deal?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

Sounds like they should use salt after big storms then, what's the deal?

Don't have the infrastructure, don't want to invest in the infrastructure for snow events that happen really sporadically - I think there's been three serious ones since I've lived here (this year, 2017, 2014, I missed the big 2008 one by a year or two), plus I don't know how you'd salt after the snow already fell without first plowing the streets which the city has maybe half a dozen plows (for the same reason as above). IDK, it's just not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but I will repeat the people who get the most hosed by the snow are the midwest transplants who think they have a lifetime of experience and they can handle it, it's not even really all that bad, just generally slicker than people from snowy areas are used to

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Divot posted:

He's not gay, he's a homie who busts.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

not sure if joking but portland has more varied elevation terrain and the minnesota people have snow tires, there is no great mystery

in Illinois, I can attest to people just lugging around a plow on their pickup rather than think about things like "change my tires for the right season"

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Divot posted:

it's very stark how goony felix is when he's alongside brace and liz vs the normal chapo crew

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Victory Position posted:

I think the more embarrassing term is "demisexual."

lol

I've noticed it seems to line up pretty much 100% with people who could themselves "sapiosexuals" just a couple years back.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
im normal. ive had sex and i,m normal!

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Divot posted:

my memory of the first year or two of chapo was frequent volcel jokes, this is not unfamiliar territory for them

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Divot posted:

IIRC Felix's "type" is something like "older blonde Republican women."

Like during the Tabletop Game Theory where he did the "joke" about his character banging Ivanka Trump

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah one of my favourite bits of Felix lore is that his ideal woman is a cruel blond WASP who hates him

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Whom amongst us

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Don't have the infrastructure, don't want to invest in the infrastructure for snow events that happen really sporadically - I think there's been three serious ones since I've lived here (this year, 2017, 2014, I missed the big 2008 one by a year or two), plus I don't know how you'd salt after the snow already fell without first plowing the streets which the city has maybe half a dozen plows (for the same reason as above). IDK, it's just not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but I will repeat the people who get the most hosed by the snow are the midwest transplants who think they have a lifetime of experience and they can handle it, it's not even really all that bad, just generally slicker than people from snowy areas are used to

Makes sense, it seemed from the way people were talking that this happened once or twice a year.

I'm not through the whole episode of trueanon but so far Felix is real hung up on the 40% accuracy thing. Shooting more or less full auto at a crowd of 22,000 from rest, from elevation, that seems entirely plausible. It's not like he's hitting discrete targets.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Demisexual is one of those things like "xenogender" that should never have escaped the gravity well of Tumblr.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Felix saying that other people are using aim assist because he's bad at video games is very on brand.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

Demisexual is one of those things like "xenogender" that should never have escaped the gravity well of Tumblr.

When I first saw GI Jane as a child I was confused, and I could never recreate that feeling until Don't Forget dropped

Halloween Jack posted:

I have no idea what that sentence means.

Demi Moore and Demi Lovato

HashtagGirlboss has issued a correction as of 21:32 on Mar 25, 2021

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I have no idea what that sentence means.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

at long last, it is time for the weed episode

https://twitter.com/Complex/status/1375106319011745793?s=20

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

lol that no one on truanon knew the styrofoam ball was to stick the stems of the fake flowers into so you can point them upward in the vase instead of leaning to the side. basic flower arrangement poo poo tbh.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Trabisnikof posted:

lol that no one on truanon knew the styrofoam ball was to stick the stems of the fake flowers into so you can point them upward in the vase instead of leaning to the side. basic flower arrangement poo poo tbh.

this seriously pokes holes into the cia operative brace's backstory of working at a florist before joining the ypg

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Trabisnikof posted:

brace was doped up during his florist days from what i understand tbf

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
not a big fan of salt on the roads because it rusts the undercarriage to hell

in some places it snows so much they don’t even bother, it will just refreeze into ice so they put down sand for traction instead

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

brace was doped up during his florist days from what i understand tbf

Opiates don't really make you "addled" in the same way as many other drugs, though (unless you're mixing them with something or taking doses so high that you're nodding off); I can remember stuff pretty easily from back when I was recreationally using. It's why people can continue working while on them without any troubles. They're obviously not uppers, but they fit into the same sort of category of "drugs you can easily maintain a career and otherwise 'act normal' while using."

not a big fan of salt on the roads because it rusts the undercarriage to hell

in some places it snows so much they don’t even bother, it will just refreeze into ice so they put down sand for traction instead

Yeah, my first car post-college I bought from my grandfather in Boston, and even though it only had 13k miles on it its undercarriage was heavily rusted. This ended up being a problem when I had some mechanical difficulties that would have been very difficult to diagnose because of the rust (or something like that, forget the details).

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

people use the term incel way too often for people who would more accurately be called volcel

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
yall ready? :toot: :woop:

bruce continue da loving deus ex playthrough

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
This week's Trashfuture bonus episode was a banger. Riley has the best analysis on NFT and Crypoto Currency that I found so far. The episode also made me appreciate Trash Future's dynamic of Reley offering good and thoughtful commentary while he lets everyone else riff and try to distract him from the topic. Trashfuture is best neither is overcoming the other.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

It's NYS, so what's the insider scam associated with this.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Shipon posted:

people use the term incel way too often for people who would more accurately be called volcel
The vast majority of incels are arguably volcel.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Xaris posted:

yall ready? :toot: :woop:

bruce continue da loving deus ex playthrough
:siren: IT'S LIVE https://twitch.tv/trueanon

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

r.i.p. liz's lamp

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

A Russian troll farm posted:

r.i.p. liz's lamp
truly a tragedy, this is worse than covid.

shes' really rocking that hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

some plague rats posted:

Yeah one of my favourite bits of Felix lore is that his ideal woman is a cruel blond WASP who hates him

So Felix is the millennial James Carville?