Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Trying to connect this headset to a laptop in BT mode was a pain in the rear end, still took several tries even after I figured out it will always break the connection if the USB is plugged in. Then there's the lovely sounding band-limited mode it switches to when the mic is active but I think someone mentioned that already

Hoping to get a profile for it in the DTS Headphone app soon, that response needs taming badly and the Xbox Accessories EQ only helped a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
What's the best way to share a clip you've saved on Xbox Live to Discord? Or I guess I just really want a straight up Hyperlink.

I found this shady site but it plays an one minute ad in front of 30 second clips https://xboxclips.co/

GigaPeon fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Mar 25, 2021

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

GigaPeon posted:

What's the best way to share a clip you've saved on Xbox Live to Discord? Or I guess I just really want a straight up Hyperlink.

I found this shady site but it plays an one minute ad in front of 30 second clips https://xboxclips.co/

Saved clips are available to download from the mobile Xbox app.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Don't sleep on the Xbox phone app. It's pretty slick.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

American McGay posted:

Don't sleep on the Xbox phone app. It's pretty slick.
i try to keep a minimum number of apps installed on my phone. what's a good reason for me to install it?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Has MS given any hints about updating the elite controller for the new system? Given that there is now a share button on the standard controller it seems like at least a minor update would be in the works, but I haven't seen anything about it.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Hopefully they fix all the durability issues I keep hearing about. Every time I'm about to buy one, I read something else about broken triggers and paddles.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Has MS given any hints about updating the elite controller for the new system? Given that there is now a share button on the standard controller it seems like at least a minor update would be in the works, but I haven't seen anything about it.

I think the share button just works the same as holding the home button/double tapping the home button doesn’t it?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Crafty posted:

I think the share button just works the same as holding the home button/double tapping the home button doesn’t it?

Pretty sure you can configure the share button to quickly take a screenshot without going through the guide menu. Which is nice, and I wish I could just configure my elite controller to have the profile button do that since it's in the same place and I have approximately zero need to have different profiles on my controller.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

GigaPeon posted:

https://gamerdvr.com Has always worked well for me, and it lets you export into imgur's gif maker.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

highme posted:

Saved clips are available to download from the mobile Xbox app.

Yeah that gets it onto my phone... but then do I have to upload it back onto Youtube to share it?

The Xbox app lets you share it to Instagram and Facebook, but that's not what I want to do.

Hulk Krogan posted:

https://gamerdvr.com Has always worked well for me, and it lets you export into imgur's gif maker.

Nice. Looks like the one I found but a lot less shady. Thanks.

highme
May 25, 2001

GigaPeon posted:

Yeah that gets it onto my phone... but then do I have to upload it back onto Youtube to share it?

Can’t you just post the video file into discord? If not, uploading who’s got time for that?

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

GigaPeon posted:

The Xbox app lets you share it to Instagram and Facebook, but that's not what I want to do.

Nice. Looks like the one I found but a lot less shady. Thanks.

If you're using a Win10 PC, you can use the Xbox app to download the video directly to your computer.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

joylessdivision posted:

If you're using a Win10 PC, you can use the Xbox app to download the video directly to your computer.

But that doesn't get it to where other people can see it as Discord limits uploads to like 10 megs or something. Based on the two sites linked so far it should be possible to just share via link. I'm just surprised there's no official Microsoft way to do that.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Maybe we'll all become nitro members when MS buys Discord.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

GigaPeon posted:

But that doesn't get it to where other people can see it as Discord limits uploads to like 10 megs or something. Based on the two sites linked so far it should be possible to just share via link. I'm just surprised there's no official Microsoft way to do that.

For larger files you need to use twitter or youtube or something as a middle man. If it's small enough to be giffed you can just gif it and upload to imgur, which is what a lot of destiny goons do to share clips. Uploading a video file is kinda whack even for discord nitro because afaict there was no way to embed it, it was just a file link they'd then have to download.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Or just do what I do, download the video to your pc with the win10 app and then upload it to youtube if a video instead of a gif is enough. It's still a relatively quick operation.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

John F Bennett posted:

Or just do what I do, download the video to your pc with the win10 app and then upload it to youtube if a video instead of a gif is enough. It's still a relatively quick operation.

But that's kinda silly as the videos are already uploaded to a cloud service. If I could avoid bringing it down and sending it back up, it would be neat.

That DVR site seems to do it without preroll ads, so I'm calling that "Good Enough".

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Or you can just post it to Twitter.

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1374815149337554945?s=19

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Just looking at the box art I was like, "meh, whatever" but after seeing that it's more of, "oh poo poo, the kids are going to LOVE this"
does it have a split screen mode so both kids can play together?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Wreckfest is very good. It is made by the Flatout 2 devs.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I will forever keep recommending Wreckfest, it's just stupid fun. No splitscreen though.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I love setting up a demo derby in Wreckfest in one of those big open arenas and handing the 5yo the controller. She loves it. No pressure, satisfying fun.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

otter posted:

Just looking at the box art I was like, "meh, whatever" but after seeing that it's more of, "oh poo poo, the kids are going to LOVE this"
does it have a split screen mode so both kids can play together?

Nope. Sorry. Got to kill one of your kids.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Lammasu posted:

Nope. Sorry. Got to kill one of your kids.

such a biblical solution.
Microsoft should bring back the family subscription so at least they could both play on different xboxes.
I have a OneS in the family room, OneS in the living room, and Series X in my office / general purpose cave.

highme
May 25, 2001

I don't share vids a whole bunch, but yeah, I would either share directly out of the Xbox dashboard to Twitter or save the clip to my phone and then share it. I'd do more of the latter so I could trim the video to the relevant part, because I'd save 2 minutes of footage for 10 seconds of dumb stuff.

https://twitter.com/highme/status/1220602147005288448

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
100 dollar Xbox gift cards are 90 bucks on new egg. limit of 3

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!
Can’t you have clips upload to OneDrive and create a publicly accessible link?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

There are plenty of ways to get your sick 360 no scope clip on the internet for other people to see, yes. The thing is that gamerdvr is by far the easiest/laziest because poo poo automatically shows up there as soon as your xbox uploads your poo poo to the cloud and then you can just link people to it.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

irpoweroutlet posted:

Can’t you have clips upload to OneDrive and create a publicly accessible link?

I looked at my OneDrive and there's like one photo on there from years ago, somehow.

Also do clips and screenshots take up harddrive space? When I go to the captures area my two options are "Xbox Live" (RIP) and "In Queue".

Hulk Krogan posted:

There are plenty of ways to get your sick 360 no scope clip on the internet for other people to see, yes. The thing is that gamerdvr is by far the easiest/laziest because poo poo automatically shows up there as soon as your xbox uploads your poo poo to the cloud and then you can just link people to it.

That's my conclusion so far.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

GigaPeon posted:

Also do clips and screenshots take up harddrive space?

Yes

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

There's also a limit to how much you can store online, so you'll end up using that DVR for mass backup sooner or later

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
https://gamerdvr.com works well for me. All my clips are available there without needing to upload anything - and I didn’t get any ads when I tried a few

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
95% of my screenshots are from me accidentally hitting the share button

edit: This is the other 5%

Kevyn fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Mar 25, 2021

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Kevyn posted:

lmao

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Kevyn posted:

me too. i was able to disable taking screenshots and now it pops up an error when i accidentally press the button

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Kevyn posted:

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1349983208872554501

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

The OG bonetroller I use on my PC stopped working so I walked in to a Walmart and bought one of the new X|S controllers. They price matched it to $49.99. It feels like a nice upgrade. Thanks for listening.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

owls or something posted:

The OG bonetroller I use on my PC stopped working so I walked in to a Walmart and bought one of the new X|S controllers. They price matched it to $49.99. It feels like a nice upgrade. Thanks for listening.

Yeah the base model x/s controller is a real step up in terms of aesthetics. Sometimes I use one of the new series controllers instead of the elite v2 and I don't feel like I'm downgrading, it's just lighter and without the customizable bits. Whereas the og xbone and xbox 360 just have a kind of cheap toy feel to them, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Doctor Nutt posted:

Pretty sure you can configure the share button to quickly take a screenshot without going through the guide menu. Which is nice, and I wish I could just configure my elite controller to have the profile button do that since it's in the same place and I have approximately zero need to have different profiles on my controller.

The annoying thing is yeah, I dont need to change profiles on the fly. Or rather, I shouldnt but there is like 2 games in my library that have real rigid control layout customisation.

Wreckfest wont let me customise my button layout and therefore I cant use left paddle as A to shift down and right paddle to shift up as B which is a very usable layout across FPS and driving games. None of the presets have the buttons in the desired positions (some games do)

its stupid because im sure wreckfest on PC lets you assign buttons all over the place.

otherwise the elite control v2 is cool. no reliability issues here, its a step up over the original elite controller. the battery lasts for-loving-ever.