Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Xeni is looking energized!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/rabble/status/1374123867556433931

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Does anyone know if snopes update the mostly-false Biden tripping on stairs thing? I was going to use it for a class but I think it's been revised.

a new study bible! has issued a correction as of 23:28 on Mar 25, 2021

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

You can always tell if something involving foreign policy is a good idea by where France falls, because they're wrong 100% of the time. It's honestly really impressive.

Iraq War 2....good?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the Delayed Ramp Double-Combo, you hate to see it

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

boy I wonder why all these attacks against Asian people keep happening in my country. oh well time to chug down my daily 55 gallons of sinophobia

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

it was loads of fun informing my chud parents that the only reason this country fed poor people was because the panthers made the government look bad

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

VitalSigns posted:

Iraq War 2....good?

Vietnam War 2....better.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

Zurtilik posted:

We'll get a slow walk tweet in a week.

i wonder how many of these they did in a row on one of his good days to bank for when he cant appear in person bc of his mashed potato brain

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

paranoid randroid posted:

i want it to be like that prime minister that australia just kind of lost without a lot of ceremony

well ol mayor andy went for an evening stroll round the salt, as was his custom, and we never saw him again

they named a pool after him which is incredibly funny

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

a new study bible! posted:

and her pantcuffs are bone-dry!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

how is this different than trump

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Nichael posted:

the message isnt written in english, pretty woke imo

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Nichael posted:

it's nicely translated into all those different languages, think of it as better access to being told to gently caress off

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Yinlock posted:

the Delayed Ramp Double-Combo, you hate to see it

that's what you get for attempting to engage with blueanon

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

a new study bible! posted:

Rapinoe may be a lib but no one deserves to be compared to xeni

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

tangy yet delightful posted:

it's nicely translated into all those different languages, think of it as better access to being told to gently caress off

Trump literally did the same exact thing with the caravans

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

spacetoaster posted:

Vietnam War 2....better.

There are definitely some dead eyed intelligence community PMCs pushing to start knocking over countries in Indochina in order to set up a containment

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Nichael posted:

it's obviously substantially more presidential and respectful when biden says "we're full, don't come" than when trump says it

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nichael posted:

he has a d next to his name

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Nichael posted:

Maybe biden will re-release the australian migrant warning comic book?

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Nichael posted:

Didn't Biden say in this very speech that the "stay at home," message was only for people who felt safe and/or were not applying for asylum, thereby implicitly saying its OK for those people to keep coming (because the dangerous trip and the problems at the border are the obvious lesser danger in that case)? Like, what are people upset about here?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Lansdowne posted:

look, fat, when I say we'll be out of afghanistan by next year, I mean it, I give you my word as a biden.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/256577650208935936

lol forever

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Antiwarcom/status/1375232219145379841?s=19

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Raiad posted:

Didn't Biden say in this very speech that the "stay at home," message was only for people who felt safe and/or were not applying for asylum, thereby implicitly saying its OK for those people to keep coming (because the dangerous trip and the problems at the border are the obvious lesser danger in that case)? Like, what are people upset about here?

out of curiosity is this something he actually said or is it a "what he MEANT was" situation

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

let's circle back to that later...

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Raiad posted:

lol

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

VitalSigns posted:

Iraq War 2....good?

exception that proves the rule

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Raiad posted:

All of trumps fans that try to translate his unintelligible babble to what he really truly meant are a bunch of dipshits, anyways this is what biden actually meant when he said to gently caress off because we're full.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Cuomo’s Approval Rating Stabilizes Amid Calls for Resignation

The beginning of 2021 brought a number of political pain points for New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo as he faced allegations of sexual misconduct and a scandal involving his administration’s handling of COVID-19 nursing home deaths, with potentially more to come as investigations in Albany get underway.

But according to Morning Consult Political Intelligence tracking, the decline in perceptions of the third-term governor’s job performance appears to have subsided despite the calls for his resignation or impeachment. Fifty-three percent of New York voters approve of Cuomo and 43 percent disapprove, similar to the findings of surveys conducted over the past several days.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

U-DO Burger posted:

the message isnt written in english, pretty woke imo

trump has tweeted in farsi

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Has SNL done any skits with Psaki yet? Or any Biden stuff, really?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Yinlock posted:

out of curiosity is this something he actually said or is it a "what he MEANT was" situation

He did say that. The jist of it was:

- He compared asylum seekers to his ancestors fleeing Ireland.
- Said that people persecuted and in danger should come, legal right to asylum, etc.

But, said people seeking a better economic situation, connecting with family in the US, or other reasons should stay where they are and not come to the border because they will be able to apply online, via mail, or in-person at facilities in their country starting in April.

He said they shouldn't come to the border because:

- There were too many people coming over at once and the asylum, refugee, visa, immigration court, and other systems were dismantled by the Trump administration and they are building them back.
- Admitted that they weren't prepared, but are working on it and everyone will get processed faster if they use multiple avenues instead of just going to the border.
- The journey was itself too dangerous and if you aren't applying for asylum or in danger, then it will be better to stay where you are and apply from one of those methods.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

gandlethorpe posted:

Nothing.

Here's an oldie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWuc18xISwI

They did the impeachment stuff too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjE5m5JEuVg

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

good poo poo

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

He did say that. The jist of it was:

- He compared asylum seekers to his ancestors fleeing Ireland.
- Said that people persecuted and in danger should come, legal right to asylum, etc.

But, said people seeking a better economic situation, connecting with family in the US, or other reasons should stay where they are and not come to the border because they will be able to apply online, via mail, or in-person at facilities in their country starting in April.

He said they shouldn't come to the border because:

- There were too many people coming over at once and the asylum, refugee, visa, immigration court, and other systems were dismantled by the Trump administration and they are building them back.
- Admitted that they weren't prepared, but are working on it and everyone will get processed faster if they use multiple avenues instead of just going to the border.
- The journey was itself too dangerous and if you aren't applying for asylum or in danger, then it will be better to stay where you are and apply from one of those methods.

Yea the dems are terrible but this actually makes sense.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

gandlethorpe posted:

I don't think so, but somehow Dana Carvey has a great Biden impression and none of the current SNL cast members will be able to come even close.

https://twitter.com/colbertlateshow/status/1374780551102627841

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Reality Protester posted:

trump has tweeted in farsi

doesnt count when republicans do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

amazing content