Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
i got high and recorede a theme song for the thread how do i post it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Mr. Sharps posted:

cant quite decide if this is funnier than the costa concordia or not

Heck, haven't had this much boat-related hijinks since the New Carissa hilarity.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

BULBASAUR posted:

how did bb (big boat) get suck?

it's a class of ship that's beyond even what was once the maximum allowable size for suez shipping, and either the wind caused it to tilt into the sandbar or its bottom hit an obstruction and now it's about as stuck as it's possible for something to be

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

BalloonFish posted:

I know just the company for the job...

My man looks very pleased and satisfied ngl

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Vermain posted:

it's a class of ship that's beyond even what was once the maximum allowable size for suez shipping, and either the wind caused it to tilt into the sandbar or its bottom hit an obstruction and now it's about as stuck as it's possible for something to be

im going to be a big boat truther and say that the boat lost power too. this is the real reason why the boat's crew were all quickly taken out of the country.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
hopefully due to gross company negligence, so that they can be fined 100 billion dollars or not allowed access to the canal

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

BULBASAUR posted:

how did bb (big boat) get suck?

boat:Suez::Gere:gerbil

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Mayor Dave posted:

people still use attachments?

I do, I am an old timer and I remember waffleimages.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

ill have to check the timeline again but literally one of the first things that happened is that the crew were taken away

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Who will win: a global economy worth trillions of dollars built on JIT logistics? Or one sticky boi?

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
i heard that the suez canal had to be taken to hospital and have its stomach pumped because it was so full of boats

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Mola Yam posted:

i heard that the suez canal had to be taken to hospital and have its stomach pumped because it was so full of boats

I mean its usually full of seamen so I would think it would be used to it

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bedpan posted:

ill have to check the timeline again but literally one of the first things that happened is that the crew were taken away

Got a source? Wish i could remember how long it took for the details of the Costa Concordia captain's antics to get out

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

bedpan posted:

im going to be a big boat truther and say that the boat lost power too. this is the real reason why the boat's crew were all quickly taken out of the country.

actually this is all just viral marketing for the long awaited sequel to captain ron

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
They freed the boat.

Edit: It got stuck again.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Block the boats (Don't block the boats baby)

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Can't wait for the Tom Hanks film about this.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Mayor Dave posted:

Block the boats (Don't block the boats baby)

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Zurtilik posted:

Can't wait for the Tom Hanks film about this.

Captain Dipshit

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

OK baizuo posted:

Got a source? Wish i could remember how long it took for the details of the Costa Concordia captain's antics to get out

I could have imagined it but I thought I read it somewhere. Finding anything that isn't a rewritten press release is impossible

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

Koos Group posted:

They freed the boat.

Edit: It got stuck again.

Oh good!

Edit: lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

austin powersing one of the world's most important trade routes is definitely a highlight for the entire profession

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
gleaming the suez

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

bedpan posted:

I could have imagined it but I thought I read it somewhere. Finding anything that isn't a rewritten press release is impossible

it was like a week long drip of info starting with the captain bravely helping people off the boat following the terrible accident and ending with the captain drunkenly floating away to safety clinging to a buoyant brick of cocaine and giving the finger to drowning passengers as he drifted past

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

just sink the boat already geez

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
i am a tipping point with the boat puns

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

boat still stuck. im wagering on them having to partially unload it before it can be worked out of the mud it is gradually sinking into

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I hope someone gives the captain a stern talking to

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Judakel posted:

i am a tipping point with the boat puns

you could say, this thread is really going off the rails!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
They are getting the boat unstuck on tuesday.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I wonder what reinsurance company holds the policy on Ever Green. The marine salvage experts are saying this blockage will take weeks to clear.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I can’t believe 1) that this was something that could even happen and 2) given this possibility there is apparently no plan to deal with it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

why was the crew spirited away so quickly

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

is this fuckin boat called the EVERGREEN or the EVER GIVEN

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

is this fuckin boat called the EVERGREEN or the EVER GIVEN

EVER GIVEN. the name of the company is EVERGREEN. so all their boats are EVER G-something

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

they should have named this one EVER GROUNDED

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Evergay

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

indigi posted:

why was the crew spirited away so quickly

to learn important coming-of-age lessons about self-reliance and making new friends, and to defeat the evil witch yubaba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

they should get two hundred helicopters together to lift it up like one inch and that’ll probably be enough to free it