Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you hitting monsters with?
Bow
Charge Blade
Dual Blades
Great Sword
Gunlance
Hammer
Heavy Bowgun
Hunting Horn
Insect Glaive
Lance
Light Bowgun
Longsword
Switch Axe
Sword and Shield
View Results

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Ahh, it's been a long week, but I'm ready to Rise!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdfT1dLo4oU

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
My local mom and pop got the game a day early, can confirm it's extremely good. It runs and looks really great considering the Switch's lack of power. Between this and World the MH team can pull off some serious voodoo.

I only played the demo a bit, is the consensus now that HH was overtuned? I was planning on maining it for multi but I've already wound up in a lot of groups with multiple HH so...maybe not.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

snoremac posted:

The release of Rise spurred me to finally start Generations Ultimate. In World I largely used the insect glaive and the switch axe so I want to try something new here and have started with gunlance and adept style assuming it's a tanky defensive setup offering big returns on offense. Is that about right? And anything I should know before playing that'll spare me some grief? I remember reading World cut off the jank that was part of the series till that point.

I did the same thing, and the different styles were extremely lackluster to me coming from world, but there's a shining beacon to guide your way: prowler mode.

Go to the palico ranch asap, hire some palicos, and just be a cat for the whole game. It helped to level up a support cat first so that I could get traps, if you hunt khezu with that support cat, it'll unlock shock traps and tranq bombs are just a basic action when a monster is trapped, no need to bring items.

Gaijin hunter did a bunch of videos on playing through GU with just cats, and playing in prowler confirmed to me something that I realized towards the end of world: the palico is a much better hunter than you are. Just throw boomerangs and run circles around people with your weapon unsheathed.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Deified Data posted:

Oh hey when to the amiibos go on sale btw?

Mine got delayed until “April 9 at latest.”

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Iserlohn posted:

Ahh, it's been a long week, but I'm ready to Rise!

Considering World had a cross over with FF14 and considering the title of the following song, i think i am ready to Rise as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoHo_Sju-X0

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Mar 26, 2021

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
RISE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JapDyUwAu8

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I did the same thing, and the different styles were extremely lackluster to me coming from world, but there's a shining beacon to guide your way: prowler mode.

Go to the palico ranch asap, hire some palicos, and just be a cat for the whole game. It helped to level up a support cat first so that I could get traps, if you hunt khezu with that support cat, it'll unlock shock traps and tranq bombs are just a basic action when a monster is trapped, no need to bring items.

Gaijin hunter did a bunch of videos on playing through GU with just cats, and playing in prowler confirmed to me something that I realized towards the end of world: the palico is a much better hunter than you are. Just throw boomerangs and run circles around people with your weapon unsheathed.
I went through the palico ranch just before bed and didn't pick up on what a prowler is so I'll definitely check this out now.

I'm obviously not expecting combat on World's level but I'm sure it'll be fun. I couldn't justify buying Rise after leaving GU untouched for months.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
:f5:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Wait...........the game isn't even getting an "ending" until an unannounced 3.0 version and HR won't unlock until the end of April?????

honestly this is only a problem for people who will play this game like 12 hrs a day and run out of poo poo to do within 30 days

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's still not letting me in, it's 12AM PST isn't it :negative:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I'm mashing the A button and it isn't starting for me. :negative:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's still not letting me in, it's 12AM PST isn't it :negative:

Welp the dream is dead, gnight folks... but maybe if I just try it one more time...

singateco
Jan 28, 2013

DLC Inc posted:

honestly this is only a problem for people who will play this game like 12 hrs a day and run out of poo poo to do within 30 days

You're really overestimating how long it takes to beat a MH game but whatever

I'm playing the game and it's cool and good

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Aw looks like it's gonna be 3 after all

Why on earth isn't this a known thing in advance lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lol is it really not going to unlock until midnight on the west coast?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

RIP

https://twitter.com/CapcomUSA_/status/1375296715553574914

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hate you Capcom. WHy are we still here. Just to suffer?

Sloth Socks
May 13, 2005

dangling is the finest of all the arts in all the worlds

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/CapcomUSA_/status/1375296662462111745?s=19

loving capcom

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Huxley posted:

Goons, please listen to me. I know it hurts to hear.

Just go to bed.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
ty for the timely announcement capcom

Sloth Socks
May 13, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I'm wondering if the servers are borked so they're pushing it to 3am/midnight PST, but of course, "a few hours" gives them wiggle room. P I S S E D

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
well guess I'll get some sleep tonight after all

rest up so I can blow off work tomorrow to play video games

Sloth Socks
May 13, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I already had too much caffeine so I'm waiting til this launches at hopefully 3am, then try the lance for one quest before switching back to long sword, then passing out.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

There's supposed to be a patch when it launches, right? I hope I remember to set the game to patch when I wake up to piss in the middle of the night so I don't have to wait for it when I'm up and ready to play.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

There's supposed to be a patch when it launches, right? I hope I remember to set the game to patch when I wake up to piss in the middle of the night so I don't have to wait for it when I'm up and ready to play.

It came out this morning. You should be on 1.1.1.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm sorry, it's my fault. I didn't want it to come out until I took care of some work stuff.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Can't you just switch your eshop region? I had to switch to hk to buy the sd gundam game.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Huxley posted:

Goons, please listen to me. I know it hurts to hear.

Just go to bed.

Nice try, but the only person who tells me when to sleep is my cat.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
Reddit appears to think it's releasing at 1am PST because of a countdown on view.ccg.nintendo. Honestly no idea if it's real.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

Can't you just switch your eshop region? I had to switch to hk to buy the sd gundam game.

I tried switching to my jp account earlier and it didn’t do anything so maybe not

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
dropping a 'few more hours' tweet at midnight est is very funny though

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is absolutely ridiculous.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Relax Or DIE posted:

dropping a 'few more hours' tweet at midnight est is very funny though

just imagine, you can awaken, fresh, with a bit of spark in your step, and you can spend all day friday with top-notch reflexes, blowing off all your zoom meetings and ignoring your family all weekend. it's going to be glorious.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Is this game even out at midnight PST? The countdown on the Nintendo site says that it unlocks at 1am for me.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ihatepants posted:

Is this game even out at midnight PST? The countdown on the Nintendo site says that it unlocks at 1am for me.

I'm hearing that the timer didn't account for Daylights Saving.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Your Computer posted:

i am STOKED to finally be playing this but i'm a little sad that they didn't address the issue of the hunting horn song list

it's completely unnecessary and takes up a bunch of screen space, and the only way to hide it is to also hide the staff and infernal melody indicator :smith:

Noooo I completely forgot about this from when I played the demo, that's a bummer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm hearing that the timer didn't account for Daylights Saving.

We jumped forward an hour due to DST shenanigans and not back, though? Wouldn’t it have said 11pm if that were the case?