Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Dareon posted:

I would actually watch a movie with that premise. Impressionable young new homeowner moves into spooky house, discovers each new haunting has a completely mundane, yet still hazardous, explanation, fixes them with the help of a friendly neighbor who works as a contractor. Stinger is talking with some of his local coworkers about all this, and someone goes "Uh... we haven't had a local contractor in this town for years, the last guy died in an electrical accident in the house next to yours."

Puts it up on the market with 'Haunted by friendly home maintenance ghost'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Somewhere in the UK.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Is that where slenderman lives.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Doing dishes while sitting sounds wonderful!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Puts it up on the market with 'Haunted by friendly home maintenance ghost'

Sign me the hell up, please.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

Sign me the hell up, please.

Right?

Sounds like a good way to start a bidding war.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Jaguars! posted:

A terrified man, curled up in the corner in the fetal position, after realizing his house isn't haunted. That spooky creaking - a floor joist settling onto a subsiding pile. The arrhythmic hissing - a water supply tee slowly disintegrating. Hideous moaning - windwhistle in termite holes. Ghoul rattling it's chains? - A Federal Pacific Stab-Lok panel lid, clanking in the wind.

There was a canadian show with that premise. Paranormal Home inspectors https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbd_8jV-Ujs

Apologies if I'm being captain obvious

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There's probably a haunted house story where it tries to drive its inhabitants insane but they're already burnt out millennials who welcome death so it gives up, and/or teams up with them against the landlord

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Messadiah posted:

Except in winter when you're going to burn radiator marks into your calves.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

A bit of iron in the water.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's probably a haunted house story where it tries to drive its inhabitants insane but they're already burnt out millennials who welcome death so it gives up, and/or teams up with them against the landlord

That's a lot like the premise Beetlejuice, honestly.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Yooper posted:

Imagine the toilet.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

MH Knights posted:

Imagine the toilet.

My toilet is just really into Resident Evil cosplay :colbert:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

MH Knights posted:

Imagine the toilet.

They call that ‘toilet stahl’.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

nightchild12 posted:

Tests show that .22lr will penetrate 4 or 5 interior walls or 3/4" of plywood, so it's not exactly safe to be shooting indoors or anywhere without a solid backstop.

I used to rent a 3rd-floor condominium. Top floor of the building, and the place was in a wooded area and the roof needed major repairs. I had occasional leaks making colored patterns on the ceiling, but the really major problem was the squirrels that would infiltrate the attic. The condo association kept not spending money on what was needed, which was a complete roof repair, because the only people bothered by the holes in the roof were the people who owned units on the top floor, the rest were too dumb to understand that the damage would eventually effect their units as well. So all they'd do when the top floors complained enough was to hire a guy who'd set live traps in the attic space.

One time I bumped into the guy as he was hauling out squirrels. He'd trapped *twenty-two loving squirrels*. Things were quiet for about a couple of weeks.

I'd have sat up there with a belt-fed weapon if I thought it'd do any good.

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

I had forgotten it was trash day. That opossum was double-bagged inside a black plastic trash can in the summer sun for a week. After about 5 days, I took the can down to the curb because the smell was already getting pretty serious.

Reminds me of this cheese my sister brought me back from France that was completely delicious, best cheese I've ever had, but managed to stink up the entire fridge and to a lesser extent the kitchen despite being contained in three nested ziploc bags.

Phanatic fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Mar 26, 2021

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

Platystemon posted:

They call that ‘toilet stahl’.

:golfclap:

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Messadiah posted:

I hope you don't mind burning your calves on the radiator.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Saw this on my travels today. It's the full length of the driveway back to the house. Maybe 40-50 feet.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
my workshop sump went out during yesterday's insane rainstorm. I found to my chagrin that I'd left the post hole digger out in the weather for a very long time after I dug said sump.

now, here's the thing about the post hole digger: I inherited it from some acquaintances who live a sort of country hoarder life. it looks like any other post hole digger, but the way I can tell it's mine is that there's a set of .22 bullet holes going through the handles.

one day, the dude and his brother and nephew decided they'd spend an afternoon plugging one of his outbuildings. they fired some bothersome number of rounds into an almost literal broad side of a barn. they didn't bother to check what was inside.

the building stood at the bottom of a small valley, so there was nowhere for the bullets to go when they went through Hardi-Panel and then the handle of a garden tool and then another set of Hardi-Panel.

I'm not really some sort of like gunologist or gunonomist but I'd really recommend not firing anything larger than a Daisy Red Ryder in any residential sort of area.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Residential area or not I wouldn't recommend firing any sort of firearm without a good reliable backstop. Something more bullet-resistant than a post-hole digger, for example.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Yooper posted:

I've recently been dying fabric with rust and I accidentally stained my tub with rust water and it was a pain in the rear end to clean up... that tub is a total loss.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/thebestofzillow/status/1375591030871842820

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

I would definitely high five jumping jesus, and make many shits in the boob toilet.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Better if it was Buddy Christ.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

AxeManiac built a house?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

That house was made of the finest materials 1989 had to offer and it fuckin rules.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://mobile.twitter.com/fromcainwthlove/status/1375593309784088579

That doesn't even have the craziest rooms

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Turns out the pope doesn't crap in the woods as he has a specially designed house.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Sweet jumping jesus!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I'm the Wile E. Coyote original painting in the Jesus Room.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I've recently been dying fabric with rust and I accidentally stained my tub with rust water and it was a pain in the rear end to clean up... that tub is a total loss.
Nah, you just need the right stuff. This will get it white again in literal seconds: https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/whink/rust-stain-and-removers/rust-stain-remover

Of course if it wasn't white to start with, you're SOL.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If whatever you’re dealing with is too fragile for acids, you can use an chelating agent like Evapo-Rust. It’s more expensive and you’re not supposed to dilute it, but it works great.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
You ever like your house so much that you painted it onto the dining room?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

It looks like they got exactly what they wanted. What they wanted was bizarre and a little unsettling, but they are living their dream. Good for them.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Moatman posted:

You ever like your house so much that you painted it onto the dining room?

It's like airbrushing your van onto your van and it rules.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

StormDrain posted:

Even the painter of the mural was annoyed by the asymmetry of the windows on the wings.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

StormDrain posted:

Vancursion.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

That's one hell of a workshop in the basement.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
What kind of deranged person puts drapes on everything, even the framed movie posters and the gym mirror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

An estate agent?