Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Yeah Nah?
This poll is closed.
Yeah Nah 122 53.51%
Nah Yeah 64 28.07%
Nah Yee 18 7.89%
No Yes 9 3.95%
Yes No 15 6.58%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

BrigadierSensible posted:

And I hope to gently caress that these people suffer the consequences for their actions.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Konomex posted:

White_male_fragility.txt

Goddamn. I hope you get some sleep and when you wake up will look at that half page of bullshit you just wrote and be embarrassed as hell.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Recoome posted:

I've read this about five loving times and I still can't understand what the h*ck is going on

that_bors_cartoon.jpg

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/mariekehardy/status/1374954160722829313

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
https://twitter.com/cameronwilson/status/1375312372726857729?s=19

lmao just grasping at straws here

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

deleted, what'd it say?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

deleted, what'd it say?

ah rip

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2021/03/peter-dutton-gta-5-toxic-behaviour-link/

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Tommunist posted:

Good morning auspol I think we all need a positive thing in our lives so im dog posting

Magpies are the best dogs :colbert:
https://i.imgur.com/mcyNjDr.mp4

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

highly correct post, i'll take a magpie sulking at me for food over some smelly dog doing the same any day

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

quote:

“If you’re playing Grand Theft Auto, as a 13 year old boy, and lets of teenage boys will do, you can go — in that game, not just, you know, drive cars recklessly, you can go for a lap dance, you can go and shoot police,” Minister Dutton said. “And so we need to have a broader conversation about the influences on those young boys, both in a family setting and a societal setting and particularly online.”

Pretty sure shooting police would reduce domestic violence not increase it

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Solemn Sloth posted:

Pretty sure shooting police would reduce domestic violence not increase it

Dutton is blaming GTA on his own party's women issues?

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

What a blunder by the government, well short of the promised 4 million vaccines by the end of March. The hits keep coming on all sides

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/TimWattsMP/status/1375335096023089154?s=19

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Senor Tron posted:

A couple of days ago the Adelaide City Council voting to abandon plans for an East-West bike path through the city after years of planning and consultation (and a multi-million dollar grant from the state government to build it) because some lawyers and a Greek church threatened to sue them since it would result in a reduced number of street parking spaces.

Fuckers.

radelaide

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Wizard Master posted:

What a blunder by the government, well short of the promised 4 million vaccines by the end of March. The hits keep coming on all sides

I'm not at risk, but I am eligible to get the current rollout because I work in aged care. I called the one (1) place in my city that offers it, and they are only offering to existing patients, and said to call back in a fortnight.

Good poo poo.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hambeet posted:

chadelaide

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Zenithe posted:

I'm not at risk, but I am eligible to get the current rollout because I work in aged care. I called the one (1) place in my city that offers it, and they are only offering to existing patients, and said to call back in a fortnight.

Good poo poo.

I'm in-risk in Phase 1B and there's nowhere in like 70km to go and get it, so that's great.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

long standing rumour/open canberra secret that tony and peta were loving.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Assessor of Maat posted:

highly correct post, i'll take a magpie sulking at me for food over some smelly dog doing the same any day

It's the camera they're wary of. If I go there without the creepy black rectangle with the unblinking eye they'll happily climb up on my legs when I sit on the grass

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pn-7uXKjg0

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

whew, almost clicked a jordies vid

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
This particular video, is good.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yeah but gently caress Jordies

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Of course an npc from an Elder Scrolls game would blame Grand Theft Auto for the ills of the world.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Pollies still trying to do the video games thing these days is hilarious. As somebody pointed out (I think in an older version of this thread), people with younger kids these days are gen xers or older millenials who grew up playing all the moral panic games of the 90s/00s.

It's the lamest attempt at a moral panic. Just so far out of touch.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Of course an npc from an Elder Scrolls game would blame Grand Theft Auto for the ills of the world.

he DOES have the oblivion butterface thing going on, huh

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Dutton is right. Video games do influence a young mind.

Tetris, with it's kickin' rad tunes, and background of the glorious Kremlin turned me into a communist.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

By the Nine/Fairfax!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Does anyone remember the Player Hater's ball sketch from Chapelle's Show?

https://twitter.com/JKenyonMusic/status/1375274349138112512

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Eediot Jedi posted:

long standing rumour/open canberra secret that tony and peta were loving.

Given the current political situation I can't tell whether that tweet is trying to say 'how can we not address how hosed it is that tony and peta were having an affair' or 'how can we not talk about how the affair rumours were an example of the disgusting misogyny women in Canberra face'

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

kirbysuperstar posted:

he DOES have the oblivion butterface thing going on, huh

STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Goddamn. I hope you get some sleep and when you wake up will look at that half page of bullshit you just wrote and be embarrassed as hell.

Hmm, I wrote that at breakfast time actually. And no, not embarrassed. Stand by the point. Love, acceptance and intolerance of intolerance no matter its form.

I don't appreciate people disregarding me for the ethnic group or gender I happen to be born into because I don't appreciate people disregarding anyone for their ethnic group or gender. I do appreciate the people who understand my point. But I'll try to make it short and simple for you and the others who are losing their cool because a white man got upset.

It is not okay to put someone down or disregard them because of something they have no control over. Age, race, gender, or disability. Whether you are a member of that group or that group has traditionally benefited from corrupt power systems they have inherited is not an excuse to denigrate someone for their position of birth. That's it, that's the point.

The system we inhabit teaches people it is okay to disregard people for these things, the system is bad.
Attacking an individual for something they had no control over, in this case 'all white men should never have power again' is disregarding individuals, and ignoring the wrongs of the system.
You are perpetuating the system. You want to say Christian Porter shouldn't be in a position of power because he's probably a rapist, go ahead. You want to say my 4 year old son shouldn't ever be in a position of power because countless dipshits raped people? gently caress that line of thinking. My 4-year-old son is wonderful and we he grows up he'll grow up to respect people, and question the systems of power that cause hurt.

I'm sorry to everyone who reads my splurges, but it's something I'm passionate about. The only way to break this system is through love, acceptance and intolerance of intolerance. Any intolerance.

So far in defence of this intolerance, we've had reductions to absurdism, hasty generalisations, genetic fallacies, circular arguments and Ad hominem attacks. It's a poo poo list of ways to fight an argument without fighting its point. Because you can't fight my point. It's a drat good point. And anyone who says we're wasting our time arguing this point needs to look up and read the title of this website. You've come to talk politics here, on something awful. We are all wasting our time here.

Edit to say: Thanks for the avatar, but the human being is a grey amalgam of all people, not a white man.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Wizard Master posted:

The vast vast majority of the vaccines being AstraZenica, to the point they've made a manufacturing infrastructure deal with the company is gonna cause a bit of grief too, they keep pushing back rollouts in Europe because there was a paper published from Norway about a correlation with blood clots

It's too much information to reasonably explain to the amount of people you have to explain it to; "well there looks like there are extraordinarily rare instances where a person with an anti-body response from their previous Covid infection overreacts and your immune system causes you a serious medical condition, much less likely than an infection with the disease would, a research paper from a team in Norway suggests"

Headlines and Facebook hits harder. Not surprising at all for people to refuse that even if there's a vanishingly small chance they'd've been infected, like it seems most people in this country have

I know my Grandma ain't getting it

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Mar 26, 2021

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Konomex posted:

Hmm, I wrote that at breakfast time actually. And no, not embarrassed. Stand by the point. Love, acceptance and intolerance of intolerance no matter its form.

I don't appreciate people disregarding me for the ethnic group or gender I happen to be born into because I don't appreciate people disregarding anyone for their ethnic group or gender. I do appreciate the people who understand my point. But I'll try to make it short and simple for you and the others who are losing their cool because a white man got upset.

It is not okay to put someone down or disregard them because of something they have no control over. Age, race, gender, or disability. Whether you are a member of that group or that group has traditionally benefited from corrupt power systems they have inherited is not an excuse to denigrate someone for their position of birth. That's it, that's the point.

The system we inhabit teaches people it is okay to disregard people for these things, the system is bad.
Attacking an individual for something they had no control over, in this case 'all white men should never have power again' is disregarding individuals, and ignoring the wrongs of the system.
You are perpetuating the system. You want to say Christian Porter shouldn't be in a position of power because he's probably a rapist, go ahead. You want to say my 4 year old son shouldn't ever be in a position of power because countless dipshits raped people? gently caress that line of thinking. My 4-year-old son is wonderful and we he grows up he'll grow up to respect people, and question the systems of power that cause hurt.

I'm sorry to everyone who reads my splurges, but it's something I'm passionate about. The only way to break this system is through love, acceptance and intolerance of intolerance. Any intolerance.

So far in defence of this intolerance, we've had reductions to absurdism, hasty generalisations, genetic fallacies, circular arguments and Ad hominem attacks. It's a poo poo list of ways to fight an argument without fighting its point. Because you can't fight my point. It's a drat good point. And anyone who says we're wasting our time arguing this point needs to look up and read the title of this website. You've come to talk politics here, on something awful. We are all wasting our time here.

Edit to say: Thanks for the avatar, but the human being is a grey amalgam of all people, not a white man.

Sir this is a Red Rooster drive through.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Sir this is a Red Rooster drive through.

May I have a 3 tendie meal then please?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Konomex posted:

May I have a 3 tendie meal then please?

No, you are a white man. And therefore a victim of our horrible woke oppression.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
This is ... powerfully loving stupid

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

love, tolerance, etc is fine, but i think a lot of people would settle for just plain not gettin' sexually assaulted and that's sort of the big topic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

So much for the tolerant left!