Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you hitting monsters with?
Bow
Charge Blade
Dual Blades
Great Sword
Gunlance
Hammer
Heavy Bowgun
Hunting Horn
Insect Glaive
Lance
Light Bowgun
Longsword
Switch Axe
Sword and Shield
View Results

Theli
Jan 23, 2002

SORRY ABOUT MY TAINT
Fun Shoe

slev posted:

It worked after restarting the switch

Yup, I just was able to launch it, 12:10 PST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

hell yeah

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I was unable to sleep, so I am going to play Rise now. Time to make Kelsey Grammer proud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoHHk4zERyU

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

i dont mind the delay so west coast people can finally feel the pain east coast people have to feel with midnight release dates.

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Games live, threads quiet.

Figures.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
:siren: you can ride the palamute in town :siren:

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I guess I preordered too late and my copy wont be here until Tuesday

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
Wow this one really is like a mixture of MHGU and MHW. There's so much more to do off-hunt than in MHW.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Did the normal thing of going to bed early so I could wake up at 3:30am and start playing this game.

LETS loving GOOOOOO

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Be sure to fully explore your room

Also I didn’t change any settings to make it unlock, so it most likely was just the auth server getting slammed, probably totally fine now

My strategy of playing a bunch of GU before this is paying dividends, instead of being disappointed by the graphics it all looks amazing, and going from GU horn to rise horn is hilarious. Even with the new move set you can still QTAB and that’s all you need.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
They shouldn't have given me picture frames right off the bat...

https://twitter.com/8bitminiboss/status/1375371951661703169

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I don’t know how they did it but the loading times are INSANELY good holy poo poo.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I am too sleepy to play more than the tutorial, but I like the village area.

Maybe the view is just weird since I was playing handheld for once, but the starter Lance seems like 4 feet longer than my World Lance. :lol:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I'm using the Long Sword for the first time; can I get some advice on timing? It's got a few moves that are pretty counter-based, but I don't understand how to get it right. I can see when I should be using the move, but more often than not, I'm mid-animation and can't just cancel out into a foresight slash or special sheathe+iai spirit slash. If I do it earlier, then, well, I'm too early for the timing window. And I can't just wait for the monster to telegraph a move, because both of those moves have to be follow-ups to an attack. How is this supposed to be done?

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
The village is just so charming. I've a hard time focusing on working when all I want to do is buy food in-game so I get to hear the catchy song again.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
game absolutely owns but i am so mad/sad about the hunting horn song menu :negative:

i think i'm just gonna use other weapons for a bit and hope that capcom patches it.... in the meantime i'm not sure what weapon i wanna use tho

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Crafting materials require general inventory space again. :(

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Can you change your palamute and palico appearance after character creation?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tender Bender posted:

Can you change your palamute and palico appearance after character creation?

You can scout/create new buddies later or hire random ones.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i’ve been staring at the item box for 15 minutes now trying to decide which weapon to take out first, please send help :negative:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You can scout/create new buddies later or hire random ones.

Thanks. Are they as functional as the original? In the last few games you could recruit extra palicoes but your "main palico" was fixed from the start.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
My physical copy of the collector's edition from best buy got delayed to an unknown date

This is the amiibo tax

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Quick question: did they get rid of that dumb poo poo where you couldn't start a mission you hadn't done in a group, you had to do a signal flare after seeing the cutscene? Can you actually co-op the story now?

Belan
May 7, 2007
I love that gather quests highlight the gathering patches on the map automatically.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Quick question: did they get rid of that dumb poo poo where you couldn't start a mission you hadn't done in a group, you had to do a signal flare after seeing the cutscene? Can you actually co-op the story now?

The story / village quests are 100% solo now, you can’t ever bring help. The Hub is now where all the MP takes place.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

I bought a Switch for this game, which makes it the third Nintendo console I've purchased only for Monster Hunter, but my Switch doesn't come in until tomorrow. I can barely wait.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The story / village quests are 100% solo now, you can’t ever bring help.
Ugh, and that's the only way to unlock hunts, right?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Hiro Protagonist posted:

No, the story quests and online quests are separate things.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hiro Protagonist posted:

There's some stuff tied to the village quest progress but you can go all in on MP right from the start and just to Hub stuff.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

That's good to hear. I hated when me and my friends got MHW and we all had to go play a single player game for hours to get to the place we could play the actual game together.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Couple things:

1. Using the Wirebug while carrying large items feels like it should be illegal.

2. The Argosy menu music is fuckin' jaunty as hell and I love it.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I love Hammer. It looks like the new things Hammer gets in Rise makes it even COOLER than it was before. Is that true??

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

There's some stuff tied to the village quest progress but you can go all in on MP right from the start and just to Hub stuff.

If you finish all the village quests, you can jump right into the high end MP quests without going through the low level ones. Otherwise they're totally separate.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Couple things:

1. Using the Wirebug while carrying large items feels like it should be illegal.

2. The Argosy menu music is fuckin' jaunty as hell and I love it.

Can you wirebug while carrying eggs? That'd be huge.

Only thing huger would be no egg quests at all.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Someone play Savage Axe Charge Blade and assure me that it still fukken rules.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Reporting in that my sister, who received both our copies in the post is really happy with Rise so far.

I’ve got a trip to make this evening.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

v1ld posted:

Can you wirebug while carrying eggs? That'd be huge.

You can, that's why I said it. You can Wirebug dash out of a big drop from a cliff and give yourself a boost on the ground to avoid any would be small monster attacks.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

v1ld posted:

Look at this crazy talk. I’m still trying to relive the high from the egg quest mafia in 4U.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
lovely egg quests culminating in Crimson Fatalis was a hell of a pay off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Made my character and my buddies :3:

Ugh they put a LS on me by default. I feel unclean