Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Oh God, I hope she brings them some loving salmon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manero
Jan 30, 2006

manero fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Mar 26, 2021

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Why are you trying to make a reservation. It’s a marketing exercise, not a real restaurant.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

I've had my differences with Curtis before, but I am 100% on board with Billingsley just looking at the reader and saying "Get your poo poo together, you animal. No punchline."

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Bonne.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Excellent.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Old School Peanuts (Aug 4, 1952)

Calvin and Hobbes (Mar 3-4, 1989)

Robbie and Bobby

(Oct 4, 2019)

(Oct 7, 2019)

Support Jason's Patreon (and see new My Dad is Draculas) here.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Grandpa is as big a piece of poo poo as his son. Just loving die the both of you.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

I kind of dig the original route of leaving the pencil unexplained, but the deep lore we're going to get is good too.

I'm really tired of how he keeps going back and changing his stories and art.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Green Intern posted:

Why are you trying to make a reservation. It’s a marketing exercise, not a real restaurant.
As usual I'm not sure if we're supposed to think Bets is dumb or if the Evans genuinely didn't realize.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.

His Divine Shadow posted:

Grandpa is as big a piece of poo poo as his son. Just loving die the both of you.
Grandpa is worse and just unbelievable to me. He sold his house without having another place to go? :psyduck: Not only is that reckless, it is a callous disregard of the greatest asset his family could inherit. If it's too big for Grandpa Walter alone, then surely it's perfect for Dustin and his presumed eventual family. He sold his family's future and now he's intruding in their lives, and he has the gall to complain about it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I mean...the gocomics version is the one that he adapted for publication in book form (and it's a rerun, at that). He only really changed any of it once.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Graps is already 100% cooler than my holy roller gramps.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Yvonmukluk posted:

I mean...the gocomics version is the one that he adapted for publication in book form (and it's a rerun, at that). He only really changed any of it once.

Ok so maybe it's just the impression I get from it being posted here (multiple times) and people mentioning the changes that has made it seem like he's the european Murata.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin & Kell (May 15 -19, 2000)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

"Did I just relate to an installment of loving Working Daze" is a real bit of emotional whiplash, not that they deserve a medal for finally getting around to the "that's why I poo poo on company time" observation.

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (July 18, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (July 18, 1999)

Garfield Classic (July 18, 1989)

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

ARLO NO DON'T DO THAT TO THE PIZZA GUY

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 3/25/01

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7oD_oX-Gio

Brenda Starr 2/24/46

Smokey Stover 3/3/40

This is a really nice scan -- it looks almost as if it was done from the original art rather than newsprint. Pity they can't all be this good.

Richard's Poor Almanac

Bonus ads! Just look at those anthropomorphized shirts, washers, and detergent boxes.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Hostile V posted:

Seconding this, what even the gently caress Arlo? No!

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

So the poor folks living downtown got mutated heavily from the radiation and biological weapons and were then forced to live in the sewers, and they hate the rich for being safe and secure in their towers. A couple of said poors climb on Axa's raft and doesn't seem to be attacking, and then Axa slices them up with her sword.

Our heroine, folks!

To be fair, John Allison doesn't redraw or change lines all the time. The line changes were usually for some jokes that didn't age well, IIRC. This storyline is the only time I've seen him change a couple of details in the story itself.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BCN

Phoebe

Wallace

Curtis

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1946

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Selachian posted:

Richard's Poor Almanac

I always loved Thompson's dedication to squeezing Glebe Road in as much as possible. That road sucks rear end and deserves to be a caricature.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

readingatwork posted:

Calvin and Hobbes (Mar 3-4, 1989)

I feel you Calvin, waiting for a package always feels like it takes forever.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lmao the lady plumber is wearing heels

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I feel like the lesson would land a lot better if Curtis asked his mom if she can teach him how to cook.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moominposting

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Circus Windows Laaaaaaa!

John Allison's Patreon
John Allison's Gumroad store

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

manero
Jan 30, 2006

The Bloop posted:

lmao the lady plumber is wearing heels

haha. I missed that.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

This seems like a pretty big decision to make without consulting her husband about it, much less her kids. Elizabeth already has to deal with being woken up at night all the time because of the baby, why not just dump the grandparents in her room while Elly's at it.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popular Comics

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Strontium posted:

Grandpa is worse and just unbelievable to me. He sold his house without having another place to go? :psyduck: Not only is that reckless, it is a callous disregard of the greatest asset his family could inherit. If it's too big for Grandpa Walter alone, then surely it's perfect for Dustin and his presumed eventual family. He sold his family's future and now he's intruding in their lives, and he has the gall to complain about it.

You turn 18, you buy your own house/rent and also buy a car. Haha, housing and auto industry go brrrr.
[Housing and auto industry crises]
Oh no...

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

amigolupus posted:

This seems like a pretty big decision to make without consulting her husband about it, much less her kids. Elizabeth already has to deal with being woken up at night all the time because of the baby, why not just dump the grandparents in her room while Elly's at it.

I think she's asking for her parents to move closer to them, not actually move into their house.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Vargo posted:

Wallace

I love Will Henry's signature being in the thought bubble of the kid in the background :allears:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Hostile V posted:

This was my exact reaction.

F Minus

Mark Trail

We're all agreed that Jules is doing this "Oh, hi Mark" thing as a reference to The Room right?

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Flash Morgan?

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

"But she must be in my office today precisely at noon, and she is not to call or contact anyone in any way before then!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Cathy March 17+18 1977