Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

maswastaken posted:

Considering how every woman in her line has died, it ends poorly with twins.

One twin flame devours the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Strawberry Pyramid posted:

We really are just doing a parade of characters going "huh, that sure is a thing, WELP."

Annie's friends care about her so much, don't they?

I'm going to guess this is gonna end up being the point of the chapter. Everyone, Annie herself included, is treating it as if it's no big thing but it's funny how nobody at the court seems to be wondering what the two Annies who got synthesized would've thought of the situation. The whole rest of the cast technically just lost a friend even though they didn't in a metaphysical sense, and the appropriate response, for once in the comic's runtime, is NOT "everything's totally fine!"

edit: And the other two Annies aren't really gone, combined Annie IS them, but I dunno if I'd expect a teenager to really grasp that so easily. Granted these are teenagers that have gone beyond life and death in several ways that present themselves really mundanely sometimes, but still I know I wouldn't be happy if suddenly my friends Gohan and Trunks became Grunks and he didn't like Final Fantasy anymore because Trunks doesn't or whatever.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Mar 23, 2021

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

CJacobs posted:

edit: And the other two Annies aren't really gone, combined Annie IS them, but I dunno if I'd expect a teenager to really grasp that so easily. Granted these are teenagers that have gone beyond life and death in several ways that present themselves really mundanely sometimes, but still I know I wouldn't be happy if suddenly my friends Gohan and Trunks became Grunks and he didn't like Final Fantasy anymore because Trunks doesn't or whatever.

Gohan + Trunks is canonically called Gohanks, actually. All three versions of him.

Also it's really unclear to me at least, to what extent this Annie is her own being, or how much she's Court or Forest, mostly due to the fact that they had the exact same life except for a few months that existed in one and not the other, and the aftermath of coexisting. I imagine it would be really hard for the rest to actually see any differences, beyond what actually was born of the fusion, Annie apparently gaining newfound confidence and firepower. And that confidence is, from the face she put to Jones, either fake or barely holding itself up.

cropoval
Feb 17, 2020

We've only been with Parley and Cvet for a page, too, so I wonder if there's more we haven't seen. I could see this being one of those situations where everyone is worried about Annie, but Annie is so thoroughly acting as if everything's fine that nobody can tell precisely how much they should be asking her about what's going on. I can easily see Kat being very worried, but not wanting to push it when she was freaking out about two Annies just a few chapters ago.

In that sense, I already like that this chapter is focusing around Jones, because Jones is Jones and doesn't have to care about being polite or other weird human emotions.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
I mostly just want more Paz being jealous and manipulative, that's a fun subplot.

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong
Jones is gonna go around, getting everyone's opinions mockumentary-style

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

I like that even though Antimony hasn't questioned Tony's behaviour, it's clear that that doesn't mean that it would've been ok or just brushed under a carpet. Obviously with Parley there's probably a bunch of Eglamore Effect going on but I appreciate the sense that Tony might eventually get a bit of comeuppance, even if it was more via other people's reactions than another ZIMMYPUNCH.

EDIT: To clarify, I'm not really saying that I'd wish Tony to get some kind of Extreme Retribution, more just that things would get to a point where Tony could honestly apologize to Antimony & both would be able to handle their respective baggage relating to each other.

Hempuli fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Mar 24, 2021

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Parley's probably way off base though. Tony definitely saw the two Annie's as two different people, probably more so than anyone else did once they got used to there being two Annies. He probably immediately would have picked up on the new Annie being different even without wondering where the second Annie was.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Hempuli posted:

EDIT: To clarify, I'm not really saying that I'd wish Tony to get some kind of Extreme Retribution

I am :colbert: aim that fire beam right at his stupid head

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I bet you dollars to donuts he treats this Annie well because he doesn’t see her as his Annie either, which is hilarious. I love that dumb rear end in a top hat.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Tony disowns Annie, adopts boxbot instead.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Tony's terrible, but not that terrible.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Tony's probably permanently punctured his right robot palm in four places from this. This stuff really doesn't escape him and absolutely does affect him, despite appearances. It's kind of his defining flaw.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I like that in the one panel he's been in so far Tony got drawn from an angle where we can't see his feet so we can't tell if his shoes are still missing

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

See Annie this is just what happens when you gain levels in Warlock. Your spells become naturally more powerful.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
How many Annies do they need to combine to max out her materia?

And what's the chance Loup has no elemental weaknesses?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Loup has no elemental weaknesses but you can swap in Kat to get some Almighty damage in.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Loup's weakness is his insecurity but he's one of those bosses that hits back really hard whenever you take advantage of it, so you better make it count.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

FronzelNeekburm posted:

How many Annies do they need to combine to max out her materia?

And what's the chance Loup has no elemental weaknesses?

You need 5 for max rank, but you're just gonna pay 2 bucks to pull a Boxbot instead.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Loup was created by the conjoining of deceased bodies with living souls a la necromancy so it stands to reason he is weak to healing spells. Ergo, the power of friendship will defeat him as emotional damage is the hardest kind to heal :angel:

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Can't believe loup turned Annie into a gacha drop

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

A big flaming stink posted:

What do you think Coyote was saving up all those shiny memory orbs for? He fed them all to Ysengrin to level him up for the ultimate rarity chance roll and Loup is the UR++ result.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I keep getting Beardless Basils and Young Winsburys. :(

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

A big flaming stink posted:

Last chapter is Loup getting banned for duping unique drops

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
Cvet is the best thing to happen to this comic in ages.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Oh no! Girl on girl gossiping!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I dunno Jones, Tony IS kind of a SILLY sack of DOO DOO after all.

BOY!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Also BOY!, sure is interesting that this chapter focuses on Jones, an extra-temporal entity constrained by the human form whose arc is that her true self is the amalgamation of all of the lives she's lived over the many eons she's been around. I wonder if there are any OTHER characters in the cast who might identify with having to struggle with mentally reconciling who they are now with who they once were.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

madjack posted:

:emptyquote:

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong

madjack posted:

Cvet is the best

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
I just adore big fighting dragon

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Is this a hint?

https://twitter.com/gunnerkrigg/status/1375448567138107396?s=20

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Yes. You see Coyote was once a bird, then a dead bird, so upside down. Then he changed and can only now be defeated through sound, aka "sonic" energy.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

madjack posted:

Jones is doing her best impression of the awkward "did not expect this!" face. Which is just :smugjones: but tilted slightly.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Haha I just realized that we're probably about to see Jones' entire detective trail in reverse. It's The Stone all over again.

edit: But then again, maybe Cvet went on to blab enough for THREE The Stones' worth of chapters and actually we're good. Jones is probably a good listener I'd imagine.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 26, 2021

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

CJacobs posted:

Haha I just realized that we're probably about to see Jones' entire detective trail in reverse. It's The Stone all over again.

I hope you're right!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dienes posted:

I hope you're right!

:hai5:

edit: Oh what there's no high five emote featuring :hai:??? I was certain, I could've sworn I've seen it. Someone oughta make it.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

CJacobs posted:

:hai5:

edit: Oh what there's no high five emote featuring :hai:??? I was certain, I could've sworn I've seen it. Someone oughta make it.

:hai::hf::hai:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

That's cheating!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
So you're saying you want to take these individual emotes and in some way "merge" them into some form of super emote? Curious.