Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Feldegast42 posted:

do you think this ever happened back in ancient egypt

imagine being so lovely steering your boat through there that you embarrass yourself across literal ages

Good news for the boat captain: humanity will destroy itself

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Feldegast42 posted:

imagine being so lovely steering your boat through there that you embarrass yourself across literal ages

canal of the pharaohs was closed when big boat got stuck

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Feldegast42 posted:

Imagine being the guy who crashed the royal barge

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I'm sure there were plenty of ancient failsons.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

ONE DAY I WOKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAMMED A MASSIVE CONTAINER SHIP INTO THE SUEZ CANAL. ITS JUST-IN-TIME MANUFACTURING AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE GLOBAL TRADE STOPPED MOVING ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, EVER GIVEN. THEY TRIED EVERY MOVE AND THEY TRIED EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN EXASPERATED SOUNDS AS THEY UNEARTHED THE BOW AND EVEN WHEN THE TUGBOATS MESSED UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY CAUSED A 9.6 BILLION DOLLAR A DAY CRISIS IN INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO INVESTORS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE INVESTORS NEED TO DIVERSIFY THEIR PORTFOLIOS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE ROUTES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY WATERWAY LESS LONELY BY BLOCKING ITS TRAFFIC. 3 WEEKS EXCLUDING UNLOADIng

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
lmao look at that big dumb boat

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
does the suez canal smell good

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flavius Aetass posted:

I've done zero math on this but I feel like there's no way 200 helicopters could lift that thing a millimeter

How about 200 of these?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Glad we could all come together and laugh at the big dumb boat. :peanut:

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

SplitSoul posted:

ONE DAY I WOKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAMMED A MASSIVE CONTAINER SHIP INTO THE SUEZ CANAL. ITS JUST-IN-TIME MANUFACTURING AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE GLOBAL TRADE STOPPED MOVING ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, EVER GIVEN. THEY TRIED EVERY MOVE AND THEY TRIED EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN EXASPERATED SOUNDS AS THEY UNEARTHED THE BOW AND EVEN WHEN THE TUGBOATS MESSED UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY CAUSED A 9.6 BILLION DOLLAR A DAY CRISIS IN INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO INVESTORS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE INVESTORS NEED TO DIVERSIFY THEIR PORTFOLIOS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE ROUTES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY WATERWAY LESS LONELY BY BLOCKING ITS TRAFFIC. 3 WEEKS EXCLUDING UNLOADIng

not an emptyquote, because emptyquotes are forbidden

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Imagine being the guy in charge of directing canal traffic and every morning you wake up thinking "Is that fuckin boat still there" and the answer is yes and furthermore it's your problem now

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

OK baizuo posted:

How about 200 of these?

whoever designed that hell machine belongs in a cage

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
It crashed after breaking apart moments after that photo was taken.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Source4Leko posted:

It crashed after breaking apart moments after that photo was taken.

Had to look this one up, yup:

quote:

The Piasecki PA-97 Helistat was an American experimental heavy-lift aircraft, built by Piasecki by fastening four H-34J helicopters to a framework beneath a helium-inflated blimp envelope.[1] The sole prototype was lost during a test flight, killing a test pilot and injuring another four in the course of a single incident.[2]

quote:

A gust of wind from the rear of the aircraft induced some movement across the ramp. The undercarriage responded badly to this, the bogies shimmying uncontrollably.[3] Vibration in the framework then coupled with a helicopter phenomenon known as ground resonance.[3] The vibration was sufficient to cause a structural failure as the starboard rear helicopter broke off its mounting, its rotors cutting into the gasbag.[3] The unbalanced lift then made the vibrations worse and the remaining three helicopters broke free.[3][2]

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
I dont knoww, what this worlds gonna bring, but I know one thing, that this is the life for me, baby cuz I'm a Tug

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

OK baizuo posted:

How about 200 of these?

what the gently caress was going on in the Forest Service in the 1980s

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Crusty Nutsack posted:

EVER GIVEN. the name of the company is EVERGREEN. so all their boats are EVER G-something

awful! hate this

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Atrocious Joe posted:

what the gently caress was going on in the Forest Service in the 1980s

a truly heroic amount of cocaine

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

its really cool that we have cargo boats so big that they can get stuck in a canal that's already been widened in 2014. and this isnt even the biggest one

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
With cargo ships ports have always to either build new deep sea terminals or just deepening existings terminals and/or canals and then they will build ships with even more draft and the cycle continues lol

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Isnt the limiting factor for ship size basically so they can fit through the Panama canal?

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
How do people have 10 year old accounts with no AVI? I hate that Stupid Newbie pic so much.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

indigi posted:

I hope this was caused by the Children of Kali

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

awful! hate this

Yeah that is some unimaginative bullshit. Billion dollar companies zero creativity.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
For american shipping there is the panamax/neopanamax standard yes. But China/India/Africa/Europe traffic doesn't give a poo poo about America.

Like neopanamax maximum lenght is 366m, the Ever Given is 400m for example.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Junkozeyne posted:

For american shipping there is the panamax/neopanamax standard yes. But China/India/Africa/Europe traffic doesn't give a poo poo about America.

Like neopanamax maximum lenght is 366m, the Ever Given is 400m for example.

sounds like if they adhered to the good canal’s maximum they wouldn’t be in this medd

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Why don't the Brits just send in troops

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Something something
My name is Sal
We jack knifed on the Suez Canal

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
If they need an incredibly strong and long lever I'd be willing to lend my dick :grin:

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

bedpan posted:

I could have imagined it but I thought I read it somewhere. Finding anything that isn't a rewritten press release is impossible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bvltmNno_A

Baykin
Feb 11, 2008

Zurtilik posted:

How do people have 10 year old accounts with no AVI? I hate that Stupid Newbie pic so much.

really good question

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

lol

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1375468665181732870?s=19

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

lmao this owns

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Put down a bowl of ship food and I bet it comes out quick enough!!

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

this boats got spunk

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

whew, sure was a lot of it but we finally loaded the last of the evidence that will lead to the arrest of hillary clinton now all we have to do is take this boat through the suez canal to the hague... buh, steering seems off