Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It should be stated apparently the copy she produced was completely blank. Which is weird.

I’m not sure what the point of doing that is

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Mar 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/1375441078162235392
https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/1375451920270299139?s=20

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It would be a pretty awful look to let Watson play.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
This is gonna get a lot worse before it gets better.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Every single one of Watsons best legal moves going forward are going to seem brutal

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
lol that this is still the Jack Easterby thread

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

GD_American posted:

lol that this is still the Jack Easterby thread

1. How relieved do you think he feels that the spotlight is off him now?
2. How does Easterby always manage to be somehow adjacent to some of the biggest NFL crisis in the past decade?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Easterby is still a terrible team exec of course

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
oh the worst

his hand picked GM is just signing every bench warmer he can find to one year deals

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

wild to think that a few months ago we thought BoB was a villain who ruined noted good guy Watson's career and now here we are

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BOB still sucks and ruined/wasted careers, I just no longer care that Deshaun’s was among them

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Amy Pole Her posted:

Every single one of Watsons best legal moves going forward are going to seem brutal

what are they

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

SKULL.GIF posted:

1. How relieved do you think he feels that the spotlight is off him now?
2. How does Easterby always manage to be somehow adjacent to some of the biggest NFL crisis in the past decade?

When the Texans organization inevitably gets past the crisis, you know that Easterby will unjustifiably receive the credit.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

indigi posted:

what are they

His lawyer is going to drag each woman through the mud. Every one is going to be painted as if they are doing this just to chase a paycheck, and that any interactions with Watson were discussed before and after and parties at the time agreed they were all consensual.

It's going to be some of the worst victim blaming poo poo we've ever seen, and it tragically might work depending on what evidence Watson has to support his argument.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

King Hong Kong posted:

When the Texans organization inevitably gets past the crisis, you know that Easterby will unjustifiably receive the credit.

What does getting by the crisis entail? I mean the team isn't going to be any good no matter what and they can't move Watson at this point

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Intruder posted:

What does getting by the crisis entail? I mean the team isn't going to be any good no matter what and they can't move Watson at this point

The NFL or the team disciplines Watson and the Texans play out their games without him to some dismal record while making money. In a couple of years, sportswriters will talk about Easterby’s leadership in holding the team together even if they never put together a winning season and Easterby will give some talks about God testing him.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
From McNair's perspective, this should firmly cement Easterby in power, because just looks what happens when someone like Watson resists Easterby's culture.

Luckily for me, these lawsuits placed me in a position where I'm now not interested in following the Texans whether they trade Watson, or whether they keep him. So go Arizona!

Nov 6, 2002

Intruder posted:

oh the worst

his hand picked GM is just signing every bench warmer he can find to one year deals

This uh, may not be the best time to load up for a deep run.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The 2021 texans could very well be the worst team in league history if watson isn't playing. It's maybe the only bright spot to all this.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
The winning combination of Houston did not trade Watson for a massive haul of draft picks, no first or second round pick in the 2021 draft so they could not trade for anything if they wanted to, and he is not going to be playing for them either. Predicting a 1-2 win season.

Edited to remove "We" since I am not even a Houston fan, though they were my AFC team when Schaub was throwing for like 5000 yards a year for a few year stretch.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Mar 26, 2021

Nov 6, 2002

Pain of Mind posted:

The winning combination of we did not trade Watson for a massive haul of draft picks, and he is not going to be playing for us either.

I wonder if you had traded him... if there would be some boilerplate clause that would let the other team claw back their trade picks over this mess.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hard to see how Watson plays if he's intent on not playing another snap for Houston. That said, if the default "responsible" neutral media take continues to be "we have to let Watson and these women see their dates in court before offering judgement", I think he'd have been back on the field in September if not for his extant in limbo status.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Not only do I hope he never plays another snap for Houston I hope he never plays another snap period

gently caress him

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Intruder posted:

Not only do I hope he never plays another snap for Houston I hope he never plays another snap period

gently caress him

Agreed. I hope they're able to get enough evidence for criminal charges.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

There's literally no defense in my mind. These aren't sex workers. I think sex work should be ok but these are massage therapists trying to get a career started. So even if these encounters were "consensual" like he claims it's a person with the ability to make or break their careers putting them in a high pressure position where he's asking for something they weren't intending to give

gently caress that guy for real

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Intruder posted:

gently caress him

How about in a Longest Yard situation?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I wonder if you had traded him... if there would be some boilerplate clause that would let the other team claw back their trade picks over this mess.

I wonder if this is why they were just not taking calls on him

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Intruder posted:

There's literally no defense in my mind. These aren't sex workers. I think sex work should be ok but these are massage therapists trying to get a career started. So even if these encounters were "consensual" like he claims it's a person with the ability to make or break their careers putting them in a high pressure position where he's asking for something they weren't intending to give

This sums up my thoughts perfectly

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I’d imagine there might have been some recourse or something to void the trade or part of it.

indigi posted:

I wonder if this is why they were just not taking calls on him

It depends on how much the Texans knew and when they knew it, which could or may still be a major :can: depending on how things develop.

Like, given that Watson was still doing stuff a month ago, if they’d known about it prior to that and continued to let it happen... Uh, yeah. :stare:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
There's way too much incidental evidence already for the accusations to be fully false, but Buzbee continues to Lionel Hutz it up. https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1375436865776521225

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

fartknocker posted:

Like, given that Watson was still doing stuff a month ago, if they’d known about it prior to that and continued to let it happen... Uh, yeah. :stare:

unless they hacked his Instagram account to read his DMs or had someone tailing him idk what they could have done to prevent it

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Intruder posted:

Said what I was thinking much better than I could have.

If you're looking to coax sex work from non-sex workers (and using your stature to pressure them to boot), you're a loving scumbag.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

really queer Christmas posted:

The 2021 texans could very well be the worst team in league history if watson isn't playing. It's maybe the only bright spot to all this.

If anyone deserves to be the first franchise to go 0-17 it's the Texans

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

His lawyer is going to drag each woman through the mud. Every one is going to be painted as if they are doing this just to chase a paycheck, and that any interactions with Watson were discussed before and after and parties at the time agreed they were all consensual.

It's going to be some of the worst victim blaming poo poo we've ever seen, and it tragically might work depending on what evidence Watson has to support his argument.

Yeah, this is going to be Instagram Thot: The Musical.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

JT Jag posted:

There's way too much incidental evidence already for the accusations to be fully false, but Buzbee continues to Lionel Hutz it up. https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1375436865776521225

This guy is somehow unbelievably successful as a lawyer

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Intruder posted:

This guy is somehow unbelievably successful as a lawyer

A lot of his successes were under a federal judge in Galveston who assaulted his female employees and was ultimately removed from his lifetime appointment. Buzbee clerked for this judge and would go out for boozy lunches with him during breaks from trials he was part of in his courtroom.

Has nothing to do with this case so please don't take it that way. Watson being revealed to be such a massive sex pest has been wild from what his image previously was.

edit: i need to get a new av

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 26, 2021

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I just spent the last day catching up on this thread and I'm impressed we got 48 pages and the title hasn't been changed to Texans N/V Thread: Houston, We Have a Problem.

That said, what a :negative: read.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Well Houston, That Right There Is Your Problem

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

^

They’re going to immediately try to discredit them, no matter what, starting from
“they don’t exist” literally to
“ they don’t exist” they’re not victims

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm starting to think Watson would be lucky to even play football next year, let alone get traded from the Texans. He needs to kiss that dream goodbye.