Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So now the Bucs officially have every starter returning next season, including the kicker and punter. Also, the entire coaching staff. Can't imagine that's happened before in the FA era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/1375475535934017537?s=21

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Who did they add that's new?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Why is the Run it Back stuff held against the Chiefs anyway? They were the best team in the league going 14-2 with one of those loses being a throw away in week 17. Then they cruised through the playoffs until yes they lost the Super Bowl but that happens.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why is the Run it Back stuff held against the Chiefs anyway? They were the best team in the league going 14-2 with one of those loses being a throw away in week 17. Then they cruised through the playoffs until yes they lost the Super Bowl but that happens.

Not my team is acting happy, gently caress them!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It was their motto after winning the Super Bowl. Bucs didn't want to copy that so they came up with a different, lame, motto. But people keep saying Run It Back in regards to what the Bucs are doing and it doesn't make sense.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Bucs used it as an opportunity to create chalkboard material as if it was directed at them somehow and then just did the same thing with their own upcoming season only wording it differently. It's fine but Buc fans caring about it as if there is some kind of rivalry between them and the Chiefs is weird.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/Raiders/status/...04%2Fframe.html

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The Raiders went 7-9 in 2019 and 8-8 in 2020 so mission accomplished.

Nov 6, 2002

By my count they have about six more years of running it back left.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

kiimo posted:

The Bucs used it as an opportunity to create chalkboard material as if it was directed at them somehow and then just did the same thing with their own upcoming season only wording it differently. It's fine but Buc fans caring about it as if there is some kind of rivalry between them and the Chiefs is weird.

The Chiefs are going to be perennial contenders for a decade and the Bucs are a season or two from being a 7 win team in search of a QB so if I were a Chiefs fan I’d happily lean into that rivalry.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bucs fans literally do not care about the Chiefs and have no reason to. The media just tried to tie a stupid catch phrase that the Chiefs used last year and Arians was like nah, we'll do us. It's pretty much a non story.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Chiefs are going to be perennial contenders for a decade and the Bucs are a season or two from being a 7 win team in search of a QB so if I were a Chiefs fan I’d happily lean into that rivalry.

Yeah I expect Brady to leave after his age 45 season and go win a Super Bowl with the 49ers.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I feel like the Chiefs biggest rivals at the moment are the Bills and Ravens. Hard to have an NFC rival

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

I feel like the Chiefs biggest rivals at the moment are the Bills and Ravens. Hard to have an NFC rival

Ravens have gotten embarrassed by the Chiefs every time. There’s no rivalry.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The Ravens got embarrassed by the chiefs once. The other 2 games were tight contests in KC, one of which went to overtime.

I know Football is all about small sample size but the idea the Chiefs have been this juggernaut and the Ravens a kid brother not ready to compete are really weird given what's happened over the past few years.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Pron on VHS posted:

Yeah, you can't really have a rivalry with a team you play once every 4 years.

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

Yeah, you can't really have a rivalry with a team you play once every 4 years.

Maybe so, but there's something that happens with fanbases of two teams that face each other in the Super Bowl. They get really prickly with each other for like five years or so.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Maybe so, but there's something that happens with fanbases of two teams that face each other in the Super Bowl. They get really prickly with each other for like five years or so.

Can confirm with 49er fans

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

e: wrong thread

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Raiders went 7-9 in 2019 and 8-8 in 2020 so mission accomplished.

More accurate to say 10-6 and 11-5 against NFL teams. I know the league still hates Al for being awesome, but they can't apply a -3 ref modifier every year (they can).

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ravens have gotten embarrassed by the Chiefs every time. There’s no rivalry.

this isn't even true but go off

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

e: nm

Covered in the N/V thread.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/_SportsTrust/status/1375524516710002704?s=19

Nice!

https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/1375522966201630727?s=19

I feel far less good about this!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the chiefs are going for two

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

AB to Seattle to implode by week 3 and Fitz to the Bucs.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1375579367695380483?s=20

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Sammy Watkins hasn't played a full season since 2016. Hope he can stay healthy and productive in Baltimore.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sammy's feet are hosed up and I doubt he ever plays a full season.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

well finally something

Gonz posted:

Sammy Watkins hasn't played a full season since 2016. Hope he can stay healthy and productive in Baltimore.

the Ravens may not be the Chargers but they still have bad luck with injuries and Sammy is made of glass, so...

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

kiimo posted:

Could've turned that into a positive by putting a bunch of NLTBE playtime requirements in his contract. Doesn't seem like they did. If he can be a good #2 WR for 8 weeks of the season and the playoffs it's well worth the 5 million. Big if though.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

kiimo posted:

He'll be fine in Baltimore. They run like five pass plays a game. I'm sure his feet will hold up just fine run blocking all the time.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Has he got bone spurs?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He runs on the outsides of his feet is the rumor so he's always hosed up. He had seven pedal foot injuries since he went pro (and plenty of other injuries). Of course he's a huge reason the Chiefs won the SB and the entire offense played better when he was in

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Gonz posted:

We'll make sure to keep him safe by not using him. Honestly I'm only like half kidding. And when he's hurt always have our usual options. It's not like we have a *bad* offense and we're hoping he saves it.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I wonder if it was the Ravens or Watkins who preferred the 1 year deal over a 2 or 3 year. Personally, if I'm Baltimore, I'd want to sign him to the 3 year at 6 APY loaded up with not likely to be earned benchmarks. As long as you guarantee 12 of that it's hard to see why Watkins wouldn't want the security. And Baltimore gets to buy low on a good talent who is still young. My guess is Watkins is thinking about the typical bet on yourself year to get back into FA with a possible big contract next year. That's optimistic given his injury history and Baltimore's offensive style. Feels like a missed opportunity for both sides.

Still, if only for this year, upgrade over Willie Snead if he ever sees the field.

E: Oh yeah, is Sammy still totally batshit crazy?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I wonder if it was the Ravens or Watkins who preferred the 1 year deal over a 2 or 3 year. Personally, if I'm Baltimore, I'd want to sign him to the 3 year at 6 APY loaded up with not likely to be earned benchmarks. As long as you guarantee 12 of that it's hard to see why Watkins wouldn't want the security. And Baltimore gets to buy low on a good talent who is still young. My guess is Watkins is thinking about the typical bet on yourself year to get back into FA with a possible big contract next year. That's optimistic given his injury history and Baltimore's offensive style. Feels like a missed opportunity for both sides.

Still, if only for this year, upgrade over Willie Snead if he ever sees the field.

E: Oh yeah, is Sammy still totally batshit crazy?

Sammy is certified nuts yes.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Hmm. Hoped something had changed for the better there. Suppose that was wishful thinking seeing as he takes frequent blows to the head for a living.

E:https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2889029-what-sammy-watkins-believes

From less than a year ago. Pretty wild stuff. Like maybe paranoid schizophrenia. So okay, I can get behind a 1 year deal.

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Mar 27, 2021

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
ok

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1375623830845161473

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

God I keep forgetting they have Joe Lombardi as OC.